Welcome as a guest in the Astrodienst forum. You can login to your Astro profile or register as a forum member.You can also remain in the guest status and navigate through this forum as a reader. 24.07.2014 at 11:39 [UT+1]

Forum Rules Home Help Search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 17
Send Topic Print
Oscar Pistorius arrested for shooting girlfriend (Read 9439 times)
Greg Young

Oscar Pistorius arrested for shooting girlfriend
« on: 14.02.2013 at 09:48 [UT] »

The precise circumstances surrounding the incident are unclear. Reports say he may have mistaken her for a burglar.

Mr Pistorius, 26, is known as the "blade runner", and was the first double amputee to run in the Olympics.

The suspect is expected to appear in court later on Thursday, reports say.  

Mr Pistorius's girlfriend is being named in local media as 30-year-old model, Reeva Steenkamp.  

The news that he may have killed her will shock the country as the athlete is regarded as one of South Africa's national icons, reports the BBC's Peter Biles from Capetown.  
'Fatally wounded'

The incident is said to have taken place between 04:00 and 05:00 local time (02:00-03:00 GMT).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-21455453

astro_245gw_495_oscar_pistorius_2013214_35113_15773.gif
  IP Logged
rookish

Re: Oscar Pistorius arrested for shooting girlfrie
« Reply #1 - on: 14.02.2013 at 10:15 [UT] »

Looks like she was entering his home very early to surprise him for Valentine's day, and he shot her thinking she was an intruder - according to the reports.

Look at that Mars action.  TSun approaching N MarsAquarius,  TMars and P Mars surrounding NJupiter in its own Pisces.  This guy is all Mars so as well as the athleticism we should expect accidents and violence to emerge in his life, especially if Mars really is in 1h.

How accurate is the source for the birth data?

IP Logged
Claire 85

« Reply #2 - on: 14.02.2013 at 10:31 [UT] »

Hello, first post in this forum.  

The Telegraph quotes Police Captain Sarah Mcira:"This happened at 3am"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/southafrica/98694 06/Oscar-Pistorius-shoots-girlfriend.html

This puts the Moon & Uranus on the IC, which seems to describe the story being suggested on the BBC that Oscar Pistorius was surprised by his girlfriend and believed she was an intruder.    

Is there a source for the 10.30 time of birth come from - I can't see it in Astrodatabank.

astro_2gw_07_death_of_reeva_steenkamp.37259.9802.gif
  IP Logged
~ LOU15E ~

« Reply #3 - on: 14.02.2013 at 10:48 [UT] »

You beat me to it Greg, lol.

Very inteteresting indeed. Apparently he is saying that there was an intruder in the property.

Just out of interest, is that his exact TOB?

I cast a chart for 12 noon as I wasn't sure of his TOB and there was a massive stellium in his 9th.

Pr Mars conjunct natal Jupiter, sextile T Pluto trine natal Pluto in dignity.

kiss

IP Logged
Greg Young

« Reply #4 - on: 14.02.2013 at 10:54 [UT] »

Quote:
Is there a source for the 10.30 time of birth come from - I can't see it in Astrodatabank.

Source is from Astrotheme here..

http://www.astrotheme.com/astrology/Oscar_Pistorius

As always i have to trust they have it correct.

IP Logged
~ LOU15E ~

« Reply #5 - on: 14.02.2013 at 11:02 [UT] »

Quote from Greg Young on 14.02.2013 at 10:54 [UT]:
Quote:

Thanks Greg.

I'm trying to work out if the New Moon could have played a part too as it would have gone over his natal Mars and sextile his Lunar Node.

kiss

IP Logged
Greg Young

« Reply #6 - on: 14.02.2013 at 11:12 [UT] »

Quote from ~ LOU15E ~ on 14.02.2013 at 11:02 [UT]:
Quote:

Thanks Greg.

I'm trying to work out if the New Moon could have played a part too as it would have gone over his natal Mars and sextile his Lunar Node.

kiss

New Moon isn't that close to Mars, about 6 degree out so to me anyway wouldnt have that great an effect.

IP Logged
~ LOU15E ~

« Reply #7 - on: 14.02.2013 at 11:15 [UT] »

Quote from Greg Young on 14.02.2013 at 11:12 [UT]:

New Moon isn't that close to Mars, about 6 degree out so to me anyway wouldnt have that great an effect.

I did think that too but I was always under the impression that people give the Moon and Sun up to an 8 degree orb. I think some people even use a 10 degree orb.  

kiss

IP Logged
Greg Young

« Reply #8 - on: 14.02.2013 at 11:35 [UT] »

Just checking the two malefics & their transits.

Saturn t at 11.30Scorpio is sitting right on top of that rather intense Mercury-Pluto-MC Scorpio

Mars t applying to his sq Saturn 11Scorpio

hmm...

IP Logged
LibraLeo

« Reply #9 - on: 14.02.2013 at 12:32 [UT] »

This is so sad.  

Just read that there may have been a domestic dispute before her death. The neighbors heard it.  

I noticed his Leo moon squaring venus conjunct pluto in scorpio. Yikes.

IP Logged
Jen J.

« Reply #10 - on: 14.02.2013 at 13:09 [UT] »

Quote:

Thanks Greg.

kiss

Hello all. I agree with Louise that the new moon, TOGETHER with the T nodes, have been the primary triggers to the emotional upheaval which occurred leading up to the tragic shooting.

The natural houses and planets, both Oscar's natals and transits,  aspected by said NM and T nodes will support.  Greg, have you researched Oscar's biography, or Wikipedia, to confirm his birthtime?  I await confirmation before I speculate on the chart itself. I'm rather looking at the general Astro transits in relation to his natals, sans Asc..

Apparently the shooting did take place at 4am.  Neighbours at Silver Woods Country Estate, a residential complex, where Oscar and his fiancee have lived together for several months, reported screaming and shouting from his residence prior to this tragedy. Therefore, the prospects for a clear "misunderstanding" do not hold much hope.  

As it is the police are opposing bail, after Oscar himself asked for an unusually granted immediate court-hearing, in order to request bail.  Ergo, there must be some cause for their seeking to have bail refused.

I have followed Oscar's progress and success with great admiration. So, I'm sure like many out there it is a great shock that knots my stomach to hear this outcome for him, and Reeva. Deep sympathies to the families.

Jen  

Edit:  
http://www.timeslive.co.za/local/2013/02/14/pistorius-to-appear-on-murder-charge -on-friday  

IP Logged
Greg Young

« Reply #11 - on: 14.02.2013 at 14:14 [UT] »

Quote from Jen J. on 14.02.2013 at 13:09 [UT]:
Quote:

Thanks Greg.

kiss

Hello all. I agree with Louise that the new moon, TOGETHER with the T nodes, have been the primary triggers to the emotional upheaval which occurred leading up to the tragic shooting.

The natural houses and planets, both Oscar's natals and transits, aspected by said NM and T nodes will support. Greg, have you researched Oscar's biography, or Wikipedia, to confirm his birthtime? I await confirmation before I speculate on the chart itself. I'm rather looking at the general Astro transits in relation to his natals, sans Asc..

Apparently the shooting did take place at 4am. Neighbours at Silver Woods Country Estate, a residential complex, where Oscar and his fiancee have lived together for several months, reported screaming and shouting from his residence prior to this tragedy. Therefore, the prospects for a clear "misunderstanding" do not hold much hope.

Hi Jen, you're already confusing things!

Its not 4 a.m. that the shooting occurred but 3 a.m. local time..probably a little time before so take 2.50-55 am.

Police spokeswoman Lt. Col. Katlego Mogale told The Associated Press that officers received a call around 3 a.m. after the shooting.

IP Logged
rookish

« Reply #12 - on: 14.02.2013 at 17:05 [UT] »

It's a bit weird isn't it?  They had only been a couple for a two months, but the neighbours reported domestic outbursts.  Surely you are in lovey dovey honeymoon phase in the first couple of months?  There's a lot of transit pressure on his Mercury (SaturnVenus) so communication is possibly more difficult.

IP Logged
etherea

« Reply #13 - on: 14.02.2013 at 18:52 [UT] »

The thing that jumps out at me from his natal chart, shouting and thumping, is the Pluto conjunct his MC.  It may be that we come to remember him for this death and the circumstances in which it occurred, rather than his other Phoenix-rising-from-the-ashes life-stories.

I am deeply saddened that this has happened.  If, truly, it was a mistake, he must feel dreadful.  If, on the other hand, it was a momentary burst of anger, he must feel dreadful.  Either way, it's a genuine tragedy and I doubt if he will get off the hook.  The police appear not to accept the "mistake" story and are carrying out forensics.

The ruler of his natal 7th is the Sun, which is anaretic in Scorpio.  Perhaps a dash of insane jealousy, as it is being squared by transiting Neptune, which is also conjuncting his natal Mars?

What a waste of two lives.......

ETA: has anybody mentioned Reeva's birth details anywhere?

IP Logged
Deborah
Ex Member

« Reply #14 - on: 14.02.2013 at 19:37 [UT] »

His ASC is in a very critical fixed star called Armus, while his  Venus & Mercury  in the public sector is conjunct with the Sea Monster, Cetus (within the Stare) suggesting public acclaim of sorts, in the public eye.
The Sun is very critical, in the Anaretic degree and opposes the notorious star Alcoyne. Interesting to me, in light of his physical achievements and fame his Mars also opposes “Regulus” the fixed star known for always having a down side too, the price of fame I suppose for those who achieve it with Regulus prominence.
Isn’t his MC opposed to Hamal?.........I think 8Scorpio is considered critical as well.

Where is Juno?   undecided

His IC:  Hamal from C of Words:  (near 8Taurus ) known critical star, in the "Forehead of the Ram".

A yellow star situated in the forehead of the Ram and commonly known as the ram's Following Horn. From Al Hamal, the Sheep. Symbolically called the Death Wound and often incorrectly named El Nath. [Robson*, p.170.]

Influences: According to Ptolemy it is of the nature of Mars and Saturn; and, to Alvidas, of Venus and Saturn. It causes violence brutishness, cruelty and premeditated crime. [Robson*, p.170.]

The Mars-Saturn combination appear to be fighting each other for domination, and this influence could be a dangerous one in the material sphere. If connected closely otherwise, life may be repeatedly in danger, for example, if the native undertakes climbing - up or down; or by leap or dive into an abyss. If connected with beneficial stellar bodies, the influence of this star will be lessened.  

If Mars or Venus are linked and if other factors are equally present, suffering connected with the love life or ill treatment by sadism is indicated. [Fixed Stars and Their Interpretation, Elsbeth Ebertin, 1928, p.19, under the name El Nath.]

Headstrong and often aggressive, yet potentially capable leaders and protectors of their community, all qualities of the Ram. [The Living Stars, Dr. Eric Morse, p.32.]

IP Logged
etherea

« Reply #15 - on: 14.02.2013 at 19:44 [UT] »

Quote from Deborah on 14.02.2013 at 19:37 [UT]:
His ASC is in a very critical fixed star called Armus, while his Venus & Mercury in the public sector is conjunct with the Sea Monster, Cetus (within the Stare) suggesting public acclaim of sorts, in the public eye.
The Sun is very critical, in the Anaretic degree and opposes the notorious star Alcoyne. Interesting to me, in light of his physical achievements and fame his Mars also opposes “Regulus” the fixed star known for always having a down side too, the price of fame I suppose for those who achieve it with Regulus prominence.
Isn’t his MC opposed to Hamal?.........I think 8Scorpio is considered critical as well.

Where is Juno? undecided

His IC: Hamal from C of Words: (near 8Taurus ) known critical star, in the "Forehead of the Ram".

A yellow star situated in the forehead of the Ram and commonly known as the ram's Following Horn. From Al Hamal, the Sheep. Symbolically called the Death Wound and often incorrectly named El Nath. [Robson*, p.170.]

Influences: According to Ptolemy it is of the nature of Mars and Saturn; and, to Alvidas, of Venus and Saturn. It causes violence brutishness, cruelty and premeditated crime. [Robson*, p.170.]

The Mars-Saturn combination appear to be fighting each other for domination, and this influence could be a dangerous one in the material sphere. If connected closely otherwise, life may be repeatedly in danger, for example, if the native undertakes climbing - up or down; or by leap or dive into an abyss. If connected with beneficial stellar bodies, the influence of this star will be lessened.

If Mars or Venus are linked and if other factors are equally present, suffering connected with the love life or ill treatment by sadism is indicated. [Fixed Stars and Their Interpretation, Elsbeth Ebertin, 1928, p.19, under the name El Nath.]

Headstrong and often aggressive, yet potentially capable leaders and protectors of their community, all qualities of the Ram. [The Living Stars, Dr. Eric Morse, p.32.]

Hi Deborah
I also think that Pluto denotes Janus from the ancient world (correct me if I am wrong), giving us that "downside" at the MC.  I had been mulling over this whilst making supper, so very coincidental that you thought a similar thing by a different route.....

and Pluto also demotes, dramatically.

IP Logged
etherea

« Reply #16 - on: 14.02.2013 at 19:53 [UT] »

Here is his solar arc/progressions chart (I note the exact conjunction of progressed Pluto with his MC, Progressed MC conjunct solar arc Pluto, and solar arc Moon in exact square to his Sun from the 7th):

astro_246gw_40_oscar_pistorius_2013214.71459.24181.gif
  IP Logged
etherea

« Reply #17 - on: 14.02.2013 at 19:55 [UT] »

and his solar return for this year:

astro_32gw_40_oscar_pistorius_2013214.71643.1840.gif
  IP Logged
Deborah
Ex Member

« Reply #18 - on: 14.02.2013 at 19:56 [UT] »

thanks etherea, for pointing that out about Pluto.  Wink
Quote:

Where is Juno?

I never look at a crime chart between a woman (as victim) and a man, without checking Juno’s positions in the charts (all of them)
Juno  Juno  is very curious really. It seems always to be front & center in importance whether a partner or a stalker really. Huh      Could even be a total stranger , but related to the love or prurient interests from what I have observed.
For Oscar, his natal Juno is located 27SAG (the GC?) and when the shooting occurred, his Progressed  Sun was 27SAG21’.

btw: his natal VenusPluto both are opposition fixed star Hamal.

gotta find the girlfriend's natal chart yet.  May she R.I.P. , a short life indeed.  Sad

add:
TR Juno Juno is 20SAG40’ and is also  square to his natal NN 20:03Aries

The Asteroids book, "Mythic Astrology, Archetypal Powers in the Horoscope" by Guttman & Johnson, gives a lot of background as to the connections to Venus, in the archetypal sense of the symbol of the planet.
Quite interesting really......I believe it's also part of Carl Jung's Astrology Mandala he used. At least there is a Mandala attributed to him about these asteroids and Venus in  Demetra George's book, page 18, "Asteroid Goddesses"

IP Logged
Teapot

« Reply #19 - on: 14.02.2013 at 20:14 [UT] »

Another indication that humanity is evolving (Chiron) through Pisces concerns - mental health, disability, confusion, mistaken identity, IMO.  

Once again, behind the tragic event are a lot of social and hisorical issues, like why South Africans citizens need guns in the first place.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 17
Send Topic Print
Current Planets
24-Jul-2014, 10:39 UT/GMT
Sun1Leo28'16"
Moon3Cancer52'13"
Mercury15Cancer30'31"
Venus7Cancer4'16"
Mars29Libra8'26"
Jupiter1Leo46'44"
Saturn16Scorpio39'16"