Welcome as a guest in the Astrodienst forum. You can login to your Astro profile or register as a forum member.You can also remain in the guest status and navigate through this forum as a reader. 24.10.2014 at 09:28 [UT+1]

Forum Rules Home Help Search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
Ted Kennedy: chart of a true public servant (Read 3456 times)
doo wap

Ted Kennedy: chart of a true public servant
« on: 26.08.2009 at 16:13 [UT+1] »

Years ago an astrologer friend of mine made some remarks about Ted Kennedy's chart and said he had the chart of a true public servant.

What ghastly irony he didn't live to see health care reform pass nor be able to cast his vote in the process.

Here is his chart data:

http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Kennedy,_Ted

And please note he had a Moon in Virgo  Wink And that he was always known as a sensitive, warm person and able to negotiate.  

I suspect his chart is interesting given his personal trajectory.

IP Logged
beetlejuice

Re: Ted Kennedy: chart of a true public servant
« Reply #1 - on: 26.08.2009 at 17:02 [UT+1] »

His Sun2Pisces32, antiscion 27Libra28.  Transpluto 28Cancer.

IP Logged
Chaos858

« Reply #2 - on: 26.08.2009 at 17:38 [UT+1] »

Here's his chart with secundary and solar arc processions for today (or did he die yesterday)?  

Well he died yesterday, but with secundary progressions and transits from JupiterPluto, and solar arcs, there will be second to none difference made by just a day

Teddie_Boy.gif
  IP Logged
Chaos858

« Reply #3 - on: 26.08.2009 at 17:40 [UT+1] »

Here's his chart with secundary progressions and transits...

Teddie_Boy_001.gif
  IP Logged
Deborah1
Ex Member

« Reply #4 - on: 26.08.2009 at 17:43 [UT+1] »

I always liked Ted Kennedy, ever since I was a younger woman. When my sister in law would rail on about how he hid the death of Mary-Jo Kopechne when he was young & stupid, I said, "He was young & stupid but he's grown up"
Back then, he & his wife Joan were on the outs. They both drank heavily, and Joan always remained Alcoholic with the binges until she died. It was quite sad to see actually, because she was both beautiful, (having once been a model I think and debutante coming from a prominent family herself), and because Joan played piano, (Classical) music so beautifully, I use to think "oh my, what a waste"  But Alcoholism is a waste of so much talent for so many.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2106525/what_was_the_relationship_betwe en_ted.html

I don't think their marriage was helped either by their alcoholism or the stress that may have broken them up even while maintaining a marriage for the sake of the children. They had 3 as I recall, and Teddy Jr. lost a leg in an accident.

I always liked and appreciated both Joan Kennedy for her great musical ability, and of course Ted for his caring about the American public.  So few politicians care at all, and he never wavered in all these many years, even with all this wealth, his famous affairs, his famous scandals, to still care about the American people and to help those from Massachusetts get health care for ALL (as a right of citizenship)
He tried hard in the Senate to convince over the many years, that ALL Americans deserve Health care as a god-given right, but unfortunaltly as even now, more then half of our country does not believe this, most believe, "I have mine, so to hell with you" (if the truth were to be known)

Selfishness then. But Ted Kennedy was never selfish with his care for the American people, he had  a conscience about him. A higher Ideal, beyond his own self and that of his immediate family. This is very commendable and so few have this. It's a very special trait and commodity, IMO..

So I'm sad he could not realize this great dream of his before he died.  It looks like Health Care for ALL as a Right he fought so hard for will  not be realized in America afterall.  

Anyway, here is his chart with Ceres close to the ASC, in a very critical place because it is conj. FACIES.
I think this speaks and confirms (as well as the confirmation of the Sun opposition Moon ) at his birth, that his father's long love affair with a movie star (Gloria Swanson) during his children's years as little children, was taking it's toll on the mother Virgoan, Rose Kennedy.
http://www.boston.com/ae/books/articles/2009/02/08/screen_grabs/

http://www.findadeath.com/Deceased/s/Gloria%20Swanson/gloria_swanson.htm

Can you see the toll it took upon the child who was born ? Ted Kennedy.

No wonder he drank in his early years, and was full of angst. The opposition between the Sun (father) and the Moon
(mother), was felt internally for him from his gestation throughout his life until he finally found peace within himself later on, with the 2nd marriage.

I'll miss Senator Kennedy for sure. Sad

IP Logged
Chaos858

« Reply #5 - on: 26.08.2009 at 17:52 [UT+1] »

Deborah1

Joan still lives, or so says wikipedia

Ruler of the 7th conjunctNeptune could indicate a partner with Neptune issues, for better or worse... She excelled in classical music and according to wikipedia, still teaches children the piano
She was active in beauty peageants (more Venus then Neptune imo, but Neptune is the higher octave of Venus)
She has alcoholic periods

7th is what we are also, so this man could have has relations, full with Neptune issues herself... Being a top politician can have a certain neptunian glamma and glitta and he has alcoholic periods himself

MoonNeptune aspects could cope with emotions through Neptune issues

If we use mundane astrology, Moon is the common people, like you and me... conjunctNeptune... real compassion?

IP Logged
Deborah1
Ex Member

« Reply #6 - on: 26.08.2009 at 17:58 [UT+1] »

Oh my, thanks for telling me that Joan is still alive!  embarrassed Glad to hear it.... I have this habit of thinking people died when they didn't.  Cheesy

For decades, Kennedy wrestled with sobriety. She had a drinking-related car accident in 1988 and another drunken driving arrest in 1991 and spent time in several rehabilitation facilities, including St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital Center in New York City and McLean Hospital in Massachusetts. But for some of the time, Kennedy was active and vital. With a master’s degree in education, she was involved with teaching children about classical music. Kennedy even wrote a book on the subject, The Joy of Classical Music (1992). An accomplished pianist, she performed with the Boston Pops, the Boston Symphony Orchestras, and other orchestras for charities. From the mid to late 1990s, she served on the Boston Council for the Arts and Humanities.

As for compassion. Yes, I think he had it in spades as I say.

It's harder I think to develop caring about others this way when you are richer then God, with an unending trust fund.
The Kennedys for all their faults, at least had this in their favor, and I believe Ted more then the others. Not to say they were not a "randy group" taught by their father to be this way, with a rather cold-austere mother from the biographies I read of Rose Kennedy. As the earlier link mentioned,
the sons were taught by the father to be this way, and ignore the women's feelings. Very sad really.

http://www.biography.com/articles/Joan-Bennett-Kennedy-262948

I see the Moon conjunct Neptune within minutes however, in this chart, (because it's in the 8th  & only within minutes of each other - pre-conception house), as indicative of his mother keeping her nose in church and "in denial" while the father ran around with anyone with a skirt on. (common knowledge back then)

that's how I see it using the Mann method. Probably aided him to be himself, a run around (all those scandals) prior to his latter years in the house of sex and other's assets.

IP Logged
Chaos858

« Reply #7 - on: 26.08.2009 at 18:17 [UT+1] »

Well, you use it to describe the marriage of his parents

I describe it for his own...  

To each his/ her method...

I'm unfamiliar with Mann also

I say 'real compassion?' cause i'm not sure of my interpretation
This aspect is supported with a SunPisces, strong value system... which he communicated a lot about (ruler 2 ->3)
Sun is ruler 8 also...  

If we look at his VenusUranusAries in 3... we could it as him being a naughty boy in the romance and sexuality area
But Venus rules his 4th, one of the parental houses
Venus and Uranus don't feel at ease with each other, Uranus is too mental and neglects physical needs and wants and is too unreliable for Venus... Both are in a sign that is not their cup of tea (Uranus can be too mental for Aries, but both can be very impulsive)

Ruler of the 10thoppositionSaturn and squareVenusUranus

IP Logged
vertex

« Reply #8 - on: 26.08.2009 at 18:22 [UT+1] »

I'm so saddened by his death. RIP!

IP Logged
LizaNYC

« Reply #9 - on: 26.08.2009 at 18:37 [UT+1] »

Quote from beetlejuice on 26.08.2009 at 17:02 [UT+1]:
His Sun2Pisces32, antiscion 27Libra28. Transpluto 28Cancer.

I don't know much about Transpluto - would you happen to know what degree it's at right now?  I think around 28 Leo?  

IP Logged
beetlejuice

« Reply #10 - on: 26.08.2009 at 19:43 [UT+1] »

Quote from LizaNYC on 26.08.2009 at 18:37 [UT+1]:

I don't know much about Transpluto - would you happen to know what degree it's at right now? I think around 28 Leo?

Ah, so you do know something about it.  It is h48 on the Astrodienst extended charts, currently 28Leo48.  January 1st 2009 28Leo58, July 1st 2009 28Leo13, January 1st 2010 29Leo19.

IP Logged
LizaNYC

« Reply #11 - on: 26.08.2009 at 21:43 [UT+1] »

Quote from beetlejuice on 26.08.2009 at 19:43 [UT+1]:
Quote from LizaNYC on 26.08.2009 at 18:37 [UT+1]:

I don't know much about Transpluto - would you happen to know what degree it's at right now? I think around 28 Leo?

Ah, so you do know something about it. It is h48 on the Astrodienst extended charts, currently 28Leo48. January 1st 2009 28Leo58, July 1st 2009 28Leo13, January 1st 2010 29Leo19.

Many thanks!  It's FINALLY going to be pulling away from my progressed Pluto in Leo.....well, in another year.   I'll study the placement in Kennedy's chart later.  Thanks again!  

IP Logged
Neptune's Storm
Ex Member

« Reply #12 - on: 26.08.2009 at 22:07 [UT+1] »

I think his nickname "The Lion of the Senate" truly fits his sidereal MoonconjunctNeptune in Leo, it speaks to his family lineage as one of regal, glamourous and powerful aspirations, a family of regal staesmen and power-brokers.  Neptuen conjunct his Moon, ruling Pisces also speaks to his nativity as one shifting in opposite durections, with the ruler of his Moon lying opposite in sidereal Aquarius, it seems to mirror his life caught between the roles of the dynastic heir (MoonLeo) and consensus seeking demogogue (SunAquarius).

IP Logged
mars2mhsag9
Ex Member

« Reply #13 - on: 26.08.2009 at 22:31 [UT+1] »

Angry  Wow, now I must think back to when I was as gullible as those real youngsters on this site.  

Ted Kennedy loved the subject of "martyrdom", and he often spoke about it when he addressed the issues of his brother's deaths. He would sometimes say their family believed they had to give up something to progress society. WELL HE DIDN'T HAVE TO GIVE UP THE REST OF US TOO!  AngryOther people in his party died to progress his "martyr-ly" attitudes. The rest of us didn't have his family money; so what was there in it for "us" to be martyred by him and his progressive politics??? I think his philosophical  'ideal' of martyring is boo hoo'd drunk talk.

The reality is that Pisces suns just love the subject of "martyrdom" period. How many people had to "martyr" themselves to make Ted so popular with the populace? Did you ever reason that when someone younger in his family passed away it was just about the time he was going to lose an election?

I am not saying that I hate Ted Kennedy; because about half the time he probably didn't know what he was actually doing when he would "martyr other people". He was a walking, and talking drunken 'stiff'.

It was self admitted that he was often a sloven drunk; and he made many decisions for and about other people in his own party that were made in the "lying in bed drunk" position.

He's probably about 1/2 the reason I switched membership.  

One thing about Ted though he was true to his Pisces nature. He could drink them all under the table, and come up laughing.

I so wanted to say to Ted at the last; "Christ already hung on the cross, Ted, give the rest of those less powerful than your family a break! Maybe we aren't so BIG on hanging our family on the cross with yours."

Ted Kennedy; finally kicked his demon drink and croaked! Deserves a good old fashioned Irish Wake; without a HUMAN SACRIFICE present!!!

I am going to get a, "I survived Ted Kennedy, and my Dad was Union; I'm a walking MIRACLE" tee shirt, and wear it to bed the rest of my life. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

It's a miracle any Union members family survived his political philosophy of "martyrdom" for a cause.  

Patooey on martyrdom, YEA YEAH TO THE LIVING!!!  Wink Wink Wink Wink Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged
mars2mhsag9
Ex Member

« Reply #14 - on: 26.08.2009 at 22:42 [UT+1] »

Tongue nah  Tongue nah  Tongue nayh  Tongue  nayh  Tongue  nah

Ted you missed me; I'm still standing up! Saved from another martyr's hangman's noose!

harrah for Ireland! but; yech for martyrdom.  > cry Angry

I'm so grateful for missing that phoney cross he created; I'm gonna have a slice of good old American Apple pie. In fact I'm even gonna make one. Grin

and for anyone who doubts he was a social climber; remember he had Capricorn Rising. Take a look at other notorious social climbers with Capricorn Rising.... to bad he was climbing up on other people's backs who belonged to his party...... you shouldnta done that Ted!! Poor Union members are NOT FAIR GAME!!

IP Logged
doo wap

« Reply #15 - on: 27.08.2009 at 02:44 [UT+1] »

Quote from mars2mhsag9 on 26.08.2009 at 22:31 [UT+1]:
Angry Wow, now I must think back to when I was as gullible as those real youngsters on this site.

Ted Kennedy loved the subject of "martyrdom", and he often spoke about it when he addressed the issues of his brother's deaths. He would sometimes say their family believed they had to give up something to progress society. WELL HE DIDN'T HAVE TO GIVE UP THE REST OF US TOO! AngryOther people in his party died to progress his "martyr-ly" attitudes. The rest of us didn't have his family money; so what was there in it for "us" to be martyred by him and his progressive politics??? I think his philosophical 'ideal' of martyring is boo hoo'd drunk talk.

The reality is that Pisces suns just love the subject of "martyrdom" period. How many people had to "martyr" themselves to make Ted so popular with the populace? Did you ever reason that when someone younger in his family passed away it was just about the time he was going to lose an election?

I am not saying that I hate Ted Kennedy; because about half the time he probably didn't know what he was actually doing when he would "martyr other people". He was a walking, and talking drunken 'stiff'.

It was self admitted that he was often a sloven drunk; and he made many decisions for and about other people in his own party that were made in the "lying in bed drunk" position.

He's probably about 1/2 the reason I switched membership.

One thing about Ted though he was true to his Pisces nature. He could drink them all under the table, and come up laughing.

I so wanted to say to Ted at the last; "Christ already hung on the cross, Ted, give the rest of those less powerful than your family a break! Maybe we aren't so BIG on hanging our family on the cross with yours."

Ted Kennedy; finally kicked his demon drink and croaked! Deserves a good old fashioned Irish Wake; without a HUMAN SACRIFICE present!!!

I am going to get a, "I survived Ted Kennedy, and my Dad was Union; I'm a walking MIRACLE" tee shirt, and wear it to bed the rest of my life. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

It's a miracle any Union members family survived his political philosophy of "martyrdom" for a cause.

Patooey on martyrdom, YEA YEAH TO THE LIVING!!! Wink Wink Wink Wink Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

What the hell are you on about? Who did Kennedy "martyr"?

You just sound like a bitter right wing nut. The kind that loves to blame everything on everyone else rather than looking at empirical evidence.

Find someone else in the senate with his record.

IP Logged
beetlejuice

« Reply #16 - on: 27.08.2009 at 03:39 [UT+1] »

I don't know anything about him, except his chart.  For some reason he doesn't interest me and I haven't dragged myself to read any of the news reports about him.  But I have misgivings about a hard aspect under 1 degree orb between the Sun and Transpluto, especially where the Sun also aspects Saturn.  This is just from observation, I have seen this kind of aspect in various types of person's chart, some very evil - where Mars was also in hard aspects - and some where I just don't like the feel of a particular public figure in spite of all the great things that are said about them.

This quality is highly compatible with a lot of people thinking they are wonderful.  Doesn't make it true.  Complex, and because Transpluto is under-charted territory and you have to go out of your way to put Transpluto in charts, I can't really comment too much until I have learned more, but this hard, tight (under 1 degree) Sun Transpluto aspect does ring warning bells for me.

This is an aspect, and a planet, that I associate with aristocracies and power.  It isn't victimless, though usually the victims are invisible and unheard, and unless Mars is badly aspected it doesn't harm physically.  Look around a person with these aspects, who in their family or reach is clearly suffering?

IP Logged
judyanne

« Reply #17 - on: 27.08.2009 at 04:05 [UT+1] »

My belief is that the Kennedy brother who was the most charismatic and potentially powerful was Robert, the Scorpio.  Unfortunately, he never lived out his potential.  

Ted Kennedy had the task of carrying on the family's ideals and political ambitions after his 2 older brothers died, and I think he did a fine job of it.  

I will miss him; he was the last of his generation in that remarkable family.

IP Logged
mars2mhsag9
Ex Member

« Reply #18 - on: 27.08.2009 at 07:02 [UT+1] »

dear doo wop; everyone has their own experiences within political parties.  

I know what really happened in Union Politics; The Guaranteed Corporation of Boston took control of it, and ALL THE UNION MEMBERSHIP LOST, LOST, LOST their retirement incomes.

Look at the FACTS of what happened during the growth of Unions, and you will see the truth.  

I have Union Retired friends right now, and they are practically STARVING. They were promised great retirements, and it all FOLDED up. The Steel Industry Union was the WORST. None of that had ANYTHING to do with Republican Politics AT ALL. The Republicans weren't involved in the formation of Unions after WWII. Look at your history books.

The Republican Party had NOTHING to do with UNION BENEFITS, and UNION BANKRUPTCIES. That was ALL THE DEMOCRATS DOING.  

I lived this situation out; I am NOT a right wing NUT.  I worked in the Women's Center's and I was a Union nurse; DEMOCRATS SELL OUT THEIR OWN. They all do it. They say that they take care of each other, but when the chips are really down they eat each other whole.....

The media NEVER told the real story about Union's and how the Democrats at the top sold out their lower memberships. My Dad worked 37 years for the Union, and his WHOLE age group was SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD OUT.

The Union intentionally bankrupted the Local Steel Unions so they could keep the money for their OWN RETIREMENTS, and the AFLCIO who gave people like Ted Kennedy HUGE CONTRIBUTIONS. There are still Union members who are alive who I speak to weekly, and they all have the same experience. This is NOT one isolated experience. The media brainwashes people into believing about this issues 'whatever' they want them to think.....

If you think being bitter is watching your Dad work his life to the bone, and then having the Union upper echelon  SELL OUT ITS MEMBERSHIP THEN I GUESS I AM.  The Democrats created the Unions and made BOGUS PROMISES. Completely BOGUS.

Union Retirement members are paying $400.00 a month to Kaiser's and $50.00 a visit after having worked as long as 37 years on the job. The DEMOCRATS SOLD THEIR RETIREMENT PLANS OUT TO THE MEDICAL HOSPITALS.  That was a PRIVATE HOSPITAL for the Steel Worker's alone; and it all got SOLD OUT. It wasn't originally built to be the type of Hospital it is now.  It's a money making machine now. It was built to serve the Steel Workers; not make a buck under the table for the upper echelons of the AFLCIO.

I took my Dad to the V.A. so he could get real medical care; if he had to rely on Kaiser's he would have been dead much earlier. I know this because I worked for Kaiser's and I saw it happen to others. I am not talking from "just watching voter polls; or Ted's voting". I'm watching it from inside the Dragon itself.

Before you pass judgement LOOK AT THE FACTS.  

BTW my sun is within 4 degrees of Ted's Moon. Ted was a serious alcoholic, and he hid behind it.  

It's not his voting records it's the behavior behind the scenes. And BTW; Ted and his family often spoke of making "sacrifices", he just didn't exactly say 'whose sacrifices'. This family has martyred themselves more than Christ would ever felt comfortable with.

How many political families do you know who had more "untimely deaths"??? If you think that is co incidence then you are just as gullible as Union Members were when they were promised NEVER to pay for health care after their retirements; IT WAS ALL A LIE.

The only ones who made out were the AFLCIO who gave HUGE contributions to Democrats Campaign funds. They rest of the guys sunk.... so, suddenly everyone forgets about Hoffa too, and the Unions being involved with the Mafia? All that is forgotten because Ted died.... ?

Ted Kennedy is a LEGEND; which means he isn't real. Like King Arthur was a Legend; no one really knows the FACTS about a Legend.... it's all "purported to be the truth". It was made on the back of men who worked very, very, very hard through out their lifetimes and men like Ted Kennedy sold them out tho the AFLCIO for VOTER CONTRIBUTIONS so astronomical in numbers no one will every know how much it was in truth.

I don't have to look at his records I know where he got his money from. AFLCIO members have told me; and the AFLCIO is 'unto' itself.... he got his contributions from entities who sold out Union Retirements.

IP Logged
mars2mhsag9
Ex Member

« Reply #19 - on: 27.08.2009 at 07:58 [UT+1] »

P.S. People felt sorry for Ted Kennedy because his brother's were killed in public; and very violent deaths.

I had 2 siblings, a boy and a girl. My sister was killed in a very violent accident when I was 12 years old, and she was 19. There were pictures of the accident on the front page of newspapers in major cities. Her head was cut off in this accident.

I did NOT become an alcoholic.

My brother became a Cold Case file when he was a father of 2 and he was only 44 years old and I was 42.

I DID NOT become an alcoholic, and I don't sit around stewing in my alcoholic misery living off my public martyrdom and sinking into my self pity.  

I do deal in fact and not political FACTOIDS made up by the television industry. And, I am NOT sitting in my drunken pity pot as Ted did on many, many, many occasions or he wouldn't have been an alcoholic who killed a woman and got away with it.

I can make up just as many excuses as Ted Kennedy did to become an alcoholic... I don't. I didn't like seeing pictures of the vehicle my sister was riding in when her head was cut off either. ... but I learned to live with it; not become an alcoholic. Alcoholic's do not make good decisions either for themselves or for others.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print

As one of the largest astrology portals WWW.ASTRO.COM offers a lot of free features on the subject. With high-quality horoscope interpretations by the world's leading astrologers Liz Greene, Robert Hand and other authors, many free horoscopes and extensive information on astrology for beginners and professionals, www.astro.com is the first address for astrology on the web.
Homepage - Free Horoscopes - Astrodienst Onlineshop - Astrology Knowledge - Ephemeris - Authors and Staff - My Astro - Direct Atlas query - Sitemap - FAQ - Forum - Contact Astrodienst