Welcome as a guest in the Astrodienst forum. You can login to your Astro profile or register as a forum member.You can also remain in the guest status and navigate through this forum as a reader. 22.09.2014 at 17:13 [UT+1]

Forum Rules Home Help Search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 23
Send Topic Print
Astro-Databank: Tom DeLay (Read 191 times)
Astro-Databank
Global Moderator
Astrodienst Staff
Adb editor

Astro-Databank: Tom DeLay
« on: 04.05.2005 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

Discussion about
Tom DeLay, born 8 April 1947 at 9:47 PM in Laredo TX

This discussion is imported from the  comment board on the  previous astrodatabank.com website.

DeLay's story is fascinating. Is it the much-touted American Dream, the rise from rags to riches, from obscurity to power? Or is it a Greek tragedy where the hero suffers from "hubris" or "overweening pride," and falls from grace? Let's look at this powerful man's chart for clues as to his character and his life story.
  • Where in the chart is this ability to work and play hard, to win and become influential? What factors in the chart might describe his tenacity? Where might we see the young party-animal who became a church-going family man espousing conservative social values?
  • Although he is described as "The Hammer," DeLay obviously has a soft spot for children in need. His advocacy of children in foster care seems quite sincere. DeLay's childhood was not easy and he reportedly is estranged from his parents and brothers. Yet he espouses "family values" along with a conservative agenda. Where in the chart do you see the dichotomy between the bully and the softie? The family man who becomes estranged from his own siblings and parents?
  • Let's try our hand at prediction. Will DeLay come through the brewing scandals unscathed or will he fall from grace? If the latter, will he lose his next bid for election or be convicted of a crime? What in the chart might reveal DeLay's future

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

re: Tom DeLay
« Reply #1 - on: 04.05.2005 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User William C. Autrey

Using Delphine Jays Lilith or Dark Moon I find it conjunct Neptune in the 11th house. This energy is self defeating if used wrongly. His Venus in Pisces in the 4th house indicates his judgement of others may be in error. His power is in the ninth house with Pluto and Saturn in Leo. His ability to withstand pressure is in the first house with all that Scorpio. His ability to work behind the scenes will back fire because Neptune in the 11th powered by Lilith will bring friends out against his deceptive practices. Aries Sun in the 5th is a leadership gambler and Chiron in Scorpio in the 12th really shows a wound in his spiritual esoteric self. I have done other charts in 1947 where Jupier in Scorpio brings power but it often backfires. He probably has secrets on most of the members of congress and is willing to use them to achieve his ends.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #2 - on: 04.05.2005 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Brian

Thanks so much to Stephen P. and ADb for your work in bringing his birth time to light. Prior to this time coming to light, i suspected Cancer rising with Sun conj MC, but this data fits even better. His sense of entitlement and arrogant misuse of power shows clearly in Moon/Jupiter in Scorpio rising. In 1985, Saturn crossed his Asc Moon Jupiter complex and this was a likely factor in his conversion and alcohol cessation. Natally Saturn is in his 9th house of religious and spiritual attitudes, beliefs and convictions. His accusations against judges being arrogant and out of control can easily apply to him.
Thanks,
 Brian

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #3 - on: 04.05.2005 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User sandstone

nothing conservative about this guy, lol. no earth.. fire planets in fire houses around the chart- jupiter rising. reminds me of the story about little red riding hood- a wolf in sheeps clothing..maybe it's time for delay to be born again, lol.. with jupiter/moon in scorpio on the ascendant- death and resurrection must be on his mind regularly, oh and how can i further my political career while i'm reinventing myself? i find it a wee bit amusing how folks like this call themselves conservative... gives the label 'conservative' a really bad name...

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #4 - on: 04.05.2005 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Ouranous

Hopefully this Arian tiger can be tamed before he causes real damage to our Republic. Jeff Green once remarked that people with Sun trine Pluto are "full of them self." DeLay is no exception to this general rule of hubris. Notably his Sun opposes the U.S. Saturn (Declaration Chart)so perhaps some check and balance will occur. His Merc square Uranus indicates a shoot from the hip type of thinking but it also suggests a person who is easily impressed and cannot complete thought processes. Sun opp Nept tells me he really has the feeling of being a savior-redeemer and coupled with Venus quincunx Nept this is additionally enforeced. Moon in Scorpio is such a drama queen and feels his mission is sooo important. Send him back to spraying for bugs.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #5 - on: 04.05.2005 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Penelope

Hi All - I've been looking at a solar chart for him and am pleased that ADB was able to give us his birth time.
We have gone from the "Enforcer" to the "Hammer" - both with Jupiter in Water signs on the ASC. The Scorpio is obviously the more aggressive of the two signs, although his chart ruler Mars is in the sign Pisces and trine the ASC. He has obviously used these placements to his advantage and made many friends along the way. While many may disagree with his politics, he couldn't have gotten where he is today without the ability to make friends.
All the Scorpio energy directing his life's path shows someone who does everything with 100% commitment, whether it be partying or promoting a conservative agenda.
What I find particularly interesting is that he has a Grand Water trine, except one of the planets is in Fire - Saturn is trine the ASC/Jup/Moon conjunction and trine Mars. When you mix water with fire you either put the fire out, or create steam. Referring again to Pope Benedict XVI's chart, we again see Saturn in the 9th in a Fire Sign. This time it's Leo which tells me this person is even more rigid in his beliefs. The combination of this Saturn placement with the water signs would represent to me his conservative leanings and a vehemence in promoting his ideas.
His Aries sun allows him the ability to push forward, even when it means beating his head against a brick wall. The only aspect the Sun makes in his chart is a sextile to Uranus. I read once that a combination of Aries and Gemini made for great ideas with little follow through. The only earth in his chart is the Virgo MC, mutable earth, but the Scorpio planets would give him the staying power that this lack of earth doesn't provide.  
His Sun in the 5th represents his love of children - ruler Mars in Pisces gives him compassion, as does the Venus in Pisces. I think that this is a big-hearted guy, with strong passions that doesn't care who he offends where his beliefs are concerned.
As far as his family - it has been noted that Dad is an alcoholic. If the rest of the family is involved in supporting the alcoholism, then DeLay is merely protecting himself and his nuclear family from the abuse that comes with the alcoholism. With the strong water elements in his chart and a part of partying and his conversion to stronger faith, I doubt he would feel comfortable supporting his parents.
He has a Yod in his chart: Neptune sextile Pluto both quincunx Venus. The Yod is currently being activated by transitting Uranus. The planets relate to his religious beliefs Neptune in Libra the higher octave of Venus in mutual reception with his natal Venus in Pisces. So we are looking at goals and aspirations and FRIENDS combined with the home and by association with the 4th mothers (the abortion issue), but also deception. Pluto's placement in the 9th deals with his intense religious beliefs, but also ETHICS and TRAVEL.
I've been recently doing some research on Pluto and the house placement of Pluto is where you must deal with your karma. It is also concerned with punishing hubris and some might say that DeLay has shown an inordinate amount of hubris in many of his dealings over the years.
Pluto is retrograde, so this is someone who has had religious and philosophical issues to deal with that were avoided in past existences. The placement of Saturn in the 9th only reinforces the fact that ethical behavior is very much an issue with this man.
Prediction-wise I'm going with the fact that the Uranus-activated Yod is "outing" him. He also has a Saturn return on the horizon to the 9th. The next few years will have Uranus continuing to move through the 4th and squaring his Natal Uranus, a suggestion that his once-solid marriage (odd with that placement) will break up. My sense is that once the investigation begins in earnest that more violations will be uncovered - Neptune. The Jupiter transit over his Neptune got the Yod ball rolling, and actually may have protected him for a while with the ruling that he couldn't be investigated, however, Uranus has stepped in now. I don't think he's going to survive this politically.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #6 - on: 04.05.2005 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

One other point - Depending upon how you view the outer planets in terms of rulership - Pluto is the co-ruler of this chart with Mars. The activation of the Yod is also altering the life path of DeLay. This seems to strengthen my assessment that his political career is in jeopardy.
Also, I commented on the GWB page that DeLay's Aries Sun is in opposition to Bush's Jupiter and while Bush is distancing himself to some extent from DeLay and his problems, this investigation might have a negative effect on the President - more so than one might expect.
To Ouranus - I did not consider the aspects you suggested of DeLay's Sun to Pluto and Neptune since they are wider than I normally use and also both Neptune and Pluto are retrograde which has them moving away from the Sun by progression, even so, your comments do seem to fit.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #7 - on: 04.05.2005 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User wayne penner

My sense is he abused his position, but no more than many others in Congress, which of course is no excuse. The present political flap though is because the Dems want to nail Delay as an effective whip, but now they are worried about how many of their own members broke the same rules, and when THAT comes out .. Check out Democrat Jim "Baghdad" Macdermott's travelogue if you want to see a scandal waiting to happen, or the nauseating Maxine Walter's travel plans - what was she doing on all those jaunts to New Orleans's Jazz festivals, dragging her husband along? There are a hundred examples and now the Dems realize they have overplayed their hand. Its more entertaining than American Idol anyway.
An honest man, or woman, probably would not make it to any prominence in American politics. Delay's chart shows abject dishonesty, er that's a bit strong, a dealer, a willingness to "compromise", or perhaps a nice way to put it would be that, while he doesn't lie what he says is at variance with the truth. It's a beautifully deceptive chart, that Pisces stuff and all that Fire, and the guy would have made a great actor .. in a legitimate occupation that is. Nothing in Earth and the Air planets are Gens and can't add balance or rationality to the actions. This guy enjoys himself totally, and probably is wildly successful in his ability to influence others. The close Sun Uranus sextile shows his great popularity and support among his own team, and is probably enough to save him. The singleton Neptune (the sextile to Neptune is almost meaningless and, NOTE to ADB, there is no trine to the Moon's Node. Nodes don't take trines)
He will probably get away with it, but yeah, it looks like the guy is a rogue.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #8 - on: 04.05.2005 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User bonnie

This soul has a heavy deep-water emphasis and is undoubtedly able to know things he can't explain. This gives him faith in the unseen; and an ability to "read" his friends and opponents. With Saturn and Pluto together he can control power, his own and others'. (I wish I could remember the date of the shooting in the congressional offices when he survived an attack. There had to be an interesting aspect to that conjunction.) These current "charges" reflect the system by which most congressmen travel on fact-finding junkets, so will apply to many in elective office. I see him surviving this attack, also. Uranus in Gemini attests to a facile mind; but, one easily bored who needs to be challenged in all partnerships.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #9 - on: 04.05.2005 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User cynthia novak

Hi All I have to say that I already publicly stated that DeLay would get out of the current scandal. Looking at the accurate chart, I have no doubt that he will.
That first house is fascinating! Jupiter and the Moon right on the ASC. He would have great charisma. Most interesting is Ketu (SN) there too. This is rather like having Neptune in the 1st. Folks see you but don't see you.  
The Moon Jupiter would indeed be optimistic and would not want to be hemmed in by regulations. The bio. that Pat wrote was wonderful as always. Notice that he did not want regulations on his pest business.  
In the 70's there were all sorts of chemicals on the market developed for Viet Nam. No one knew how lethal they were at the time. Also it is worth mentioning that Houston is sub-tropical and so there are a lot of pests. It also grew tremendously in the last 30 years. A wheeler-dealer would naturally have done well there.
In the Vedic chart, Jupiter rules the house of children. Jupiter is naturally benevolent. The ruler of the 5th in the 1st translates as he, himself identifies with children.  
Ketu in the 1st often indicates a person who has secrets. Most famous Ketu rising chart is Jackie Kennedy-Onassis. Remember those dark glasses and the mysteries around her?
Politically, Houston is the mone of GHWD and Barbara Bush. There is some strong Republican clout there.  
The solar eclipse of April 8th was tightly conjoined his Sun, ruler of the 10th of career. That suggests that the scandals won't stop any time soon. Still, that's not enough to dethrone him.  
Pluto square Mercury starting last year, with Mercury ruler of the 8th and 11th also suggests that the scandals are old stuff coming to the surface, That could be enough to have him make some changes, but I doubt it will be anything akin to the financial scndal that cost Newt Gingrich his position.
Final big transit: uranus is currentlyapproaching DeLay's Venus. Painfully slow now, it will station within one degree of his Venus on June 16th. It will not complete the transit until 2006. The stress will not let up.  
Mars moves into his 6th of work environment on 7-20th. It will trigger the first house planets quickly then linger in the 6th where he will fight back.  
jupiter throws his protective force onto the ruler of the 10th this summer. Give Delay the grace to overcome his detractors. Thos powerful Pluto transits do bring the old fecal matter to the surface, but I don't see it bringing him down this year.
The statement someone made early in the thread: that Delay has lots of secrets makes a great deal of sense with this chart. That Jupiter rising would make him disarming and amiable. That moon suggests he is intuitive, but perhaps in Scorprio in both zodiacs, that intuition would be for another's vulnerability. and Ketu on the ASC gives him the ability to be seen or not seen according to his need. Hmmmm....
I just noticed that the ruler of his 10th, the Sun, is in the 5th of children. Looks like another indication that he sees the protection of children ad his life's mission.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #10 - on: 04.05.2005 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User sandstone

mercury in pisces square uranus in gemini.. not a picture of mentality clarity, or flexibility if ya ask me.... the guy is feeding off the jupiter energy and all the grandiose that goes with it on his ascendant.. he is reckless and he is going to take a hit, no matter how much he has cowtowed to the moneyed folks...

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #11 - on: 05.05.2005 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Jotown

1. Where in the chart is this ability to work and play hard, to win and become influential? What factors in the chart might describe his tenacity? Where might we see the young party-animal who became a church-going family man espousing conservative social values?  
His Water grand trine that includes 6 planets when you use the mid-points includes a Mars/Jupiter/Saturn grand trine, shows energy (Mars) that can be used for serious work (Saturn) as well as fun (Jupiter). When you combine the Sun/Pluto trine you get an all or nothing kind of person who can go forever. Sun/Pluto gives confidence in oneself and with Saturn/Pluto conjunct at the top of his chart it shows ambition for power based on ideology/philosophy (9th house)
The above shows the party animal and his Jupiter/Moon as his Scorpio ASC you see the person who has a deep family connection (Moon) to that old time religion (Jupiter)
2. Although he is described as "The Hammer," .... Yet he espouses "family values" along with a conservative agenda. Where in the chart do you see the dichotomy between the bully and the softie? The family man who becomes estranged from his own siblings and parents?  
Sun/Pluto can show one who is not afraid to use deadly force. When you combine this with his Uranus square Mars/Mercury you can get one who could certainly be comfortable being known as "The Hammer". Again, the Jupiter/Moon at the ASC shows the appearance of "a Softie" but in Scorpio it's not really that soft. The Sun in the 5th along with the ruler of the 5th (Mars) conjunct Mercury (youth/puer) trine Jupiter shows the affinity for children and games, but also one who plays rough. (Aries Sun along with the Mars/Uranus square). Probably the defining factor in this chart is the Yod involving Venus/Neptune/Pluto, especially the quincunx from Venus to Pluto. It shows his skewed ideology as well as his lack of perspective on how to use power, money, ideology, and values. This is a definite "Ends justify the Means" personality, and this Yod is the engine that runs this man.
Harsh Pluto/Venus aspects can frequently produce one who is able to end relationships with great finality. His Venus is otherwise unaspected, in fact this entire Yod makes it's only aspects to itself. It is indeed separate system that probably accounts for his political genius, yet could also be the root of his undoing. (See question three)
There are many similarities to Mr. Delays chart and Pope Benedicts: An ideologue who feels a personal affinity with his ideology, along with the Mars/Uranus/Mercury square and Jupiter on the ascendant. 3. Let's try our hand at prediction. Will DeLay come through the brewing scandals unscathed or will he fall from grace? If the latter, will he lose his next bid for election or be convicted of a crime? What in the chart might reveal DeLay's future?
Pluto is squaring his natal Mars/Mercury and Uranus is currently transiting his Venus which is the focal point of his natal Yod. When Mars conjoins natal Uranus at 10 degrees of Pisces in mid-May (energizing the already stressed Yod) whatever has not yet been revealed about his ethic's violations will come out. Transiting Saturn (the Law and Reaper) is in his 8th house and will be in an exact quincunx with transiting Pluto through the rest of May. Pluto rules his 12th (secrets, as well as hidden enemies)  
Now when Mars conjoins his natal Mercury (ruler of his MC also being squared by transiting Pluto) at the beginning of June he will certainly be in for the fight of his political life. I don't make predictions and unfortunately in our current political climate one can be found wrong and still be right. (as in conservative right.) so anything is possible here.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #12 - on: 05.05.2005 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Paula R. Gassmann

A few things jumped out at me when I looked at Delay's chart. First of all, his Sun is very strong, although not highly aspected. It's all about him. With Sun connected to Uranus, and Uranus connected to Mercury, which is tied up with Mars, he surprises others with his thoughts and actions, yet he is surprised that anyone is questioning his behavior. Traditionally, Mars is his ruler, accentuating the dignified Aries Sun. The Jupiter-Moon conjunction tied to Mars-Mercury conjunction again accentuates the Aries Sun. With Jupiter and Mars in mutual reception, the image I get of him is as a single-minded crusader. I think he will survive the heat--he has survived a few revolutions, both internally and externally.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #13 - on: 05.05.2005 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

Hi Wayne, In response to a couple of comments you made:
The Neptune sextile Pluto is very important in this chart as it is the base of a Yod to Venus which both Jotown and I discussed as a major element to DeLay's public and private persona. The placement of Venus in the 4th as the apex of the Yod reflects the conflict with his parents and siblings. Venus in Pisces is in its exaltation in terms of compassion, but can also represent a Messiah complex. The issues of faith, addiction and deception (Neptune) quincunx the Venus in Pisces - love, compassion, religious certainty - combined with Pluto (power, family karma, hidden agendas) tell me that he is rejecting his family because of his own shadow.
Even looking at these planets without the Yod influence, they explain his ethics issues. Neptune deception in the 11th doing what he wants to do without concern for the ethical implications for the travel (Pluto in Leo in the 9th).  
Taking it a step further, this sextile may indeed influence many politicians in the way they utilize their positions to take trips, etc.
On a broader scale, the Neptune/Pluto sextiles that have been around in most people's charts for some time now directly related to the focus on religion, sexuality and power politics as it is being played out in many people's lives. The three cannot be separated.
With Uranus in Pisces, anyone with Neptune in Libra sextile Pluto in Leo will be experiencing Yod energy whether s/he has one in the natal chart or not. The entire issue of the separation of church and state is being affected by this Yod condition.
As for trines to Nodes - Robert Hand in his book "Planets in Transit" delineates the various planets' aspects to the nodal points. While I'm not conversant with Vedic astrology, I believe that the Nodes are of primary importance in a chart and the aspects are considered.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #14 - on: 05.05.2005 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

Penelope yes you are correct ... I wasn't paying close enough attention. And yes I do agree that Venus in Pisces involved with the two Gens does have a reasonably powerful Neptunian effect, but hidden and in the background. (I also incorrectly referred to Maxine Walters in my post. It is of course (the insufferable) Maxine Waters.)
I still don't see that this guy is any worse than many of his peers, as no doubt will come out fairly soon. He is deceptive, ruthless, and probably holds a grudge with the Scorpio placements and Mercury square Uranus. He "compromises" when necessary and knows how to return a favor. In short, he's a player, and it would always be unwise to count him out too soon. He is not someone to take lightly and it would be a bad idea to cross him, but he is not direct in action, a Machiavellian character who smiles in your face while stabbing you in the back. He will always eventually get even. He treats his friends well though and knows how to be popular. But if you cross him watch out, and you can cross him fairly easily, at times.
I have never been a big fan of Grand Trines, and there are a couple here. I think it is too easy for people with this aspect to lose perspective on life - they invariably overplay their hand at some point, usually with disastrous results, even though they themselves may not be affected and rarely see their actions as being the cause of the chaos. They rearely suffer personally though and so it is not reflective aspect at all, and lessons are not learned from mistakes made. In fact, many of the people I have known with GT's have been utterly consumed with themselves and their world, as if the Universe existed for them alone.  
As for Nodal aspects, while I respect Robert Hand I believe he is wrong. My experience has been that like the Parts, Nodes operate only through Conjunction. But then I also hold that Asteroids have no effect, and that the outer planets Uranus Neptune and Pluto "rule" no Signs, so I am probably in the minority, again.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #15 - on: 05.05.2005 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

Hi Wayne,
I agree that most of Washington are players. Someone said that what happened with DeLay is that he got noticed and once he got on the radar of the press, he was a goner. I think the whole generational Neptune/Pluto sextile thing relates very much to what many people do in secret and cover up - not just politicians.  
Trines and especially Grand Trines do give many people a pass - I think this is where most "negative" karma is created, by not using the gift of the trine to create, which I believe is the point you are making. Things come easily and are then expected - then you are reborn with a Retrograde Saturn or a T-Square! lol.
As for the Nodes, I suppose it's a judgment call. Some people swear by them. I know that Jeff Green looks at them closely by sign and house placement in addition to Pluto in his second book on Pluto, trying to understand past life issues brought into the present. I don't recall that he dealt with aspects.  
As far as the outer planets having rulership, again, I think a lot depends upon the chart being read. To me, if someone has a public role and is representing large groups of people, then we are often looking at generational issues as being represented by that person. Examining that outer planet would give more insight into how that person operates in the world and what the public sees in him/her as a leader.
In DeLay's case, I think many of those who support him and his philosophies are looking to him to address issues related to Plutonian issues such as gay marriage, abortion (the right to life), euthanasia (the right to die). Currently the building of new nuclear plants is an issue before Congress and this also relates to Pluto. The war in Iraq was initiated to find weapons of mass distruction - again a Pluto issue.
Looking at Pope Benedict XVI's chart just briefly, we find the same situation with his ASC and Neptune. He represents the Catholic faith with all of its mysticism and delusion in his person, which goes much deeper than Jupiter.
Even if someone is not a world renowned figure, if his/her life profoundly affects others and they are looked to as a symbol and have Scorpio, Aquarius or Pisces on the ASC, I think the outer planets need to at least be looked at.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #16 - on: 05.05.2005 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

Penelope,
>>>To me, if someone has a public role and is representing large groups of people, then we are often looking at generational issues as being represented by that person. Examining that outer planet would give more insight into how that person operates in the world and what the public sees in him/her as a leader.<<<
Yes the Generational planets seem to have a strong influence on those who affect their generation. In theory anyway. Here's a strange one though ... Hitler had Neptune/Pluto in conjunction hidden away in the 8th unaspected except for a semi-sextile of Sun to Neptune. Uranus was (perhaps) conjunct the Ascendant, but weak by aspect (only a wide opposition to Mercury and very wide sextile to Saturn).  
I would have thought that Hitler, perhaps the single most influential person of the 20th Century over groups, would have had powerful and prominent Generational planets, not the weak and obscure placements we see in his chart.
Pluto in 8th nicely describes his death below ground, and Neptune his missing corpse. Uranus rising would perhaps account for his charismatic presence.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #17 - on: 05.05.2005 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

Hi Wayne - I just looked back on the comments on Hitler's page and it appears that several people, including yourself, were arguing for a Scorpio ASC (you suggested late Libra, early Scorpio).
One other thing I noticed in Hitler's chart was a Yod: Pluto 4Gem40 (8th) sextile his MC 4Leo36, both inconjunct the Moon 6Cap33 (3rd). If nothing else, the Yod gave him incredible power in putting forth his ideas. Even with the Libra ASC - the public persona (MC) involved with the manipulative ability of Pluto (ruler of the death camps that were hidden from the public through media manipulation 3rd). It might also explain his repressive relationship with his mother and the other relationships he had with women (Liz Greene suggests that the 10th rules the mother). Without going too far afield on this page. Pluto plays a very important role in Hitler's chart. If the birthtime is indeed just 15 or so minutes off the mark, then his chart fits in with my theory and the effect he had on the world.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #18 - on: 05.05.2005 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User ashokan

I noticed something in the background of the chart: the grand trine in fire houses + venus inconjunct neptune + sun in 5th, not to mention all the pisces, suggests someone who might have wanted to be an artist (?)

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #19 - on: 05.05.2005 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Mary Evans

Hi there,
I recently subscribed to the Astrodatabank newsletter and am delighted with your coverage of Tom Delay. However, when I read (in question #2) "DeLay obviously has a soft spot for children in need. His advocacy of children in foster care seems quite sincere." I was glad you safely used the term "seems" regarding his sincerity. It could be that Delay has a soft spot, but what is apparently without a doubt is that his charitable foundation enormously bolsters his political interests.
Arianna Huffington and others have made some pretty heated comments about this, and also a few takes on his personality. I've included the excerpts in case you're interested. Sorry they're so hefty, but I don't think the reading is boring!
Now onto Delay's chart for me. Thank you so much for the chart info, bio, and provocative questions!
Best regards,  
Mary Evans
Nailing the Hammer? April 20, 2005 http://www.ariannaonline.com/columns/column.php?id=768
....But of all DeLay's transgressions, the one I find most repulsive is the way he has shamefully--and shamelessly--used charitable organizations to fill his political coffers and boost his political clout.
DeLay's preferred mechanism for gathering donations is the DeLay Foundation for Kids--a charity that assists children, especially in foster care, but which also conveniently allows lobbyists and corporations to buy access to DeLay and his GOP cronies without having to deal with those pesky campaign-finance laws. For instance, at a 2003 fundraiser for the DeLay Foundation for Kids, a celebrity golf tournament held at the Ocean Reef Club in Florida, corporate sponsors were afforded the opportunity to play golf with key Republican lawmakers like DeLay and his ol' buddy Roy Blunt--all nominally in the name of a good cause.
And, because the DeLay Foundation for Kids is a charity, not a political fundraising entity (wink, wink), donations to it are unfettered by campaign finance restrictions--the sky's the limit on the amounts that can be donated. So while the lobbyists and corporate mendicants get to hit the links and bend the ear of a congressman or senator, their cost is entirely tax deductible as a charitable donation. And, as an added bonus, the names of the donors or the amounts they give don't have to be made public. Not surprisingly, the Ocean Reef event (and many others just like it across the country) was a sellout--in more ways than one.
The personal charity fundraising scheme is as cynical as it is corrupt. And that's being charitable. For DeLay and his hard-right, shrink-the-government crowd, charity is not a little extra something to help those in need make ends meet. It is what, when that golden day dawns and the governmental beast is finally starved, is supposed to fill the void--the very fabric of the post-Big Government social safety net.
So you'd think it would be sheltered from their rapaciousness. But when it comes to raking in the cash, clearly nothing is sacred for DeLay. Not even compassion.
Given this litany of scandal and mendacity, it's easy to see why virtually every major progressive group is pushing to oust DeLay. But as Rick Hertzberg argues in the current New Yorker, Democrats might want to keep DeLay around "because he is so repellent. Self-righteous, humorless, resentful, scowling, perpetually angry, he has many of the irritating qualities of his former colleague Newt Gingrich without any of the latter's childlike charms."
Nail the Hammer? That would be justice done. But if he manages to hang on, a charmless Gingrich with a giant bull's-eye on his back could be a very useful tool as Democrats are rebuilding their party for 2006.
 DeLay Charity for Children Financed by Corporations By PHILIP SHENON and STEPHANIE STROM New York Times April 21, 2005 http://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/21/politics/21delay.html?ex=1115438400&en=574 7789f70d99f24&ei=5070&pagewanted=print&position=&oref=login
WASHINGTON, April 20 - A children's charity established by Tom DeLay, the House majority leader, has been underwritten by several of the nation's largest companies and their executives, including companies that routinely lobby lawmakers on issues before Congress, according to a review of charity records released by the companies and other documents.
The 19-year-old charity, the DeLay Foundation for Kids, has consistently declined to identify its donors, citing their desire for privacy. But a review of corporate and charitable records shows that recent donors have included AT&T, the Corrections Corporation of America, Exxon Mobil, Limited Brands and the Southern Company, as well as Bill and Melinda Gates, the Microsoft founder and his wife, and Michael Dell of Dell computers.
[continued in next posting]

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 23
Send Topic Print

Copyright © 2014 Astrodienst AG  - report a problem