Welcome as a guest in the Astrodienst forum. You can login to your Astro profile or register as a forum member.You can also remain in the guest status and navigate through this forum as a reader. 02.09.2014 at 18:14 [UT+1]

Forum Rules Home Help Search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 152
Send Topic Print
Astro-Databank: Barack Obama (Read 3822 times)
Astro-Databank
Global Moderator
Astrodienst Staff
Adb editor

Astro-Databank: Barack Obama
« on: 06.03.2008 at 12:30 [UT] »

Discussion about
Barack Obama, born 4 August 1961 at 7:24 PM in Honolulu HI

This discussion is imported from the  comment board on the  previous astrodatabank.com website.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

re: Barack Obama
« Reply #1 - on: 06.03.2008 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User bagavatth

Hi. my name is Bagavatth. iam a indian astrologer. i saw all details of Barack Obama, but i c'nt find exact birth time. so if you send that, i will predict weather he win or not. Thank you very much Bagavatth (astrologer)

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #2 - on: 06.03.2008 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Sunny Dawn

Speculations on this chart are all we can do, since we may never have an accurate birth time. Rather than speculate on the SR, which is just another hypothetical time for this day, I looked at each of the five times to get an idea of what's behind the suggestions. All charts were run on www.horoscopeswithin.com., since it's a slow day at work.
9:51am If you're an Obama supporter, and you want him to win, you're gonna love this time.
Moon 28 Taurus 17 8th House MC 5 Cancer 31 Venus 12 Cancer 10th House Part of Fortune 10th House Sun 12 Leo 10 11th House Pluto 6 Virgo 58 12th House Chiron 4 Pisces 55 6th House
From what we've seen so far, there's a lot to recommend this chart. Obama's campaign is about hopes and dreams (it is also echoed in the titles of his books), and the Sun's soul desire in the 11th house is about fulfilling dreams. 12th House Pluto is good at quiet, behind-the-scenes leadership - more substance than style. 8th House exalted Moon is good at listening, and also has the power to charm others and sway them to the individual's viewpoint. Venus is close to the MC, and it can be argued that Obama has certainly had a "hidden Aphrodite in plain sight" behind his extraordinarily and somewhat surprising success so far. Part of Fortune is in the 10th - this makes sense for a winner. 6th House Chiron has also been an issue - Obama is widely perceived as being less sensitive to the concerns of the less educated working class, most of whom are throwing their weight toward Hillary, because they sense the harmful power inherent in that placement.
10:02am This time is most likely popular because Neptune makes an exact trine to the MC.
Neptune 8 Scorpio 36 MC 8 Cancer
This might suggest someone who can use every ounce of charm, glamour, and deception to sway the people (a Cancer MC is related to the people - Coretta King also has it).
1:15pm If you're not particularly enamored of Obama, you would pick a time that suggests loss.
MC 24 Aquarius Part of Fortune 24 Leo 39 Uranus 25 Leo 13 North Node 27 Leo 56 Chiron 4 Pisces 55 10th House Saturn 25 Cap 23 Taurus Moon 23 Taurus 41 12th House Vesta 25 Taurus 52 12th House
Here, Chiron suggests a terrible wound in the career. South Node up near the MC, with nothing else strongly energizing it. Uranus is upsetting the Part of Fortune, and the whole thing appears to trigger the MC, since there isn't anything else near the MC other than Chiron, which may not act as much of a counterweight. Uranus suggests a real battle with plenty of upsets, and it could be argued that he is facing that now. There's still a lot of power in this chart in the close trine between the exalted 12th house Moon and ruling 8th House Saturn, though. That 8th house Saturn may have given him tremendous fundraising ability. Also, Vesta close to the Moon suggests someone who sincerely desires to serve the people, and this persists throughout the day (those who picked up on this may insist of "Virgo Rising", but the powerful servant energy is more likely to come from an exalted Moon energized by Vesta).  
2:10am This time is even worse. It might be popular because Neptune is once again making an exact trine to the MC, this time from the 6th House. Neptune doesn't see the things of its house clearly, and it may be argued that Obama has failed to reach the working class for this reason.
MC 8 Pisces 50 Part of Fortune 7 Virgo 42 Pluto 6 Virgo 52 Chiron 4 Pisces 55 10th House Moon 24 Taurus 10 11th House Vesta 25 Taurus 52 11th House
Here, Pluto is on top of the Part of Fortune, opposite the MC, with only Chiron as a counterweight. Ouch!! Moon and Vesta are in the 11th house here, which makes sense. You want to see some 11th house energy in this chart, with the candidate's stated focus on hopes and dreams. If Obama loses, I'd bet on this birth time.
6:10 am
MC 13 Taurus 03 Part of Fortune 7 Virgo 42 10th House Neptune 8 Scorpio 36 Moon 28 Taurus 13 10th House Vesta 26 Taurus 19 10th House Sun 12 Leo 01 12th House Asc 14 Leo 12
This one is a bit of a wild card. Sun on the Ascendent energizing the MC with a tight T-square to Neptune on the Descendent. The servant Vesta-Moon in the 10th house, along with the Part of Fortune. This chart does not lack 11th house energy - Venus lands here. But Chiron alone in the 8th doesn't really say "powerful fundraiser" to me.
Note that none of these five times suggest a Gemini Moon. Gemini Moons are more often sharp, edgy talkers, while Taurus Moon is more reassuring, with steady confidence the hallmark of the communication style. My feeling is that Obama is more of a Taurus Moon - a Gemini Moon couldn't resist one-upping Hilary a little more.
[continued in next posting]

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #3 - on: 06.03.2008 at 12:30 [UT] »

[continued from posting above:] by Sunny Dawn
Instead, he has to be urged into verbal sparring by his advisors, not what one would expect from a Gemini Moon

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #4 - on: 06.03.2008 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User s

seems bizarre how quiet it is here... this is a post i made feb 13th on mitt romney thread.. the chart i am using is 106pm honolulu relocated to chicago using 606pm local time..
astro on obama
in looking at the transits/solar arc directions to obamas chart before i went for the walk, using the relocate angles, i was thinking that their is so much going for obama and i had been unwilling to look at it before.. seeing the momentum he has gotten got me to examining him more closely late in the game.. same thing happened with mccain.. i wanted to write him off so i never did more then a superficial glance at his natal chart with transits..
obama has more favourable directions and transits to his chart.. he might not get the nomination, but from an astro pov, i think he does. here is what i am looking at. sa asc at 24 aquarius, at his sun/pluto midpoint and where the transit of neptune is hovering.. sa midheaven 20 sag, where the t square transiting on election day points to.. sa sun trine the saturn/jupiter.. sa mercury/jupiter opposition at 17/16 virgo/pisces where the transiting saturn/uranus is hovering and where the transit of jupiter lands exactly trine on election day.. solar arc moon at 16 cancer - in relo 7th house and opposite where the transiting jupiter is over in the relo 1st house.. transiting jupiter in the 1st house is quite positive.. self confidence in spades and he is showing this.. it ain't just the leo sun, but the jupiter transit once it moved into capricorn that has set this guy on fire in terms of popularity.. of course as i have mentioned already sa mars conj his natal neptune. he is the knight in shiny armor at this point...
there is just too much positive stuff going on for this guy to get swamped... the mars transit is eventually going to go into cancer and this will present some challenges being in his solar 12th as well.. i think the dem nom is his to win at this point..
hillarys picture is no where near as bright, but we have been hampered with inconclusive data.. i think the data on obama is pretty solid.. i have not done a study on past events to make a 100% conviction on the accuracy of the time, but i think it is working here..
as to whether obama can outrun mccain in the election on nov 4th - i think he can. as for the possibility of a dual ticket for obama and hillary - outside maybe, but unlikely...

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #5 - on: 06.03.2008 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Bill Lindsay

Although it's difficult to comment on what is obviously a noon chart...
If this man becomes President, I would hope that he has overcome tendencies to be self-absorbed, arrogant and disinterested in reality. There is extensive presence in Leo here, including three critical placements--the Sun in his dignity, Uranus in his detriment, Mercury in his fall. The Sun outshines them all. Can he really do what the US needs him to do, or will his actions be self-centered and geared towards proving himself against what he thinks that we think of him?? Note the squares to Neptune in Scorpio...is there an agenda at work here?? He seems to have achieved a lot in his life, more than some people, and rose to every challenge, but does that necessarily satisfy self-esteem needs?? Does he see things as they really are, or are they, to him, exactly what he has made them out to be?? If his Moon is indeed in Taurus, it would be trine to a Capricorn Saturn(both would be in exaltation or dignity), and both would be trine a Virgo Mars--this screams status quo and fear of poverty. He wants material success and wealth. On the other hand, if his Moon is in Gemini, with Leo Mercury ruling it, one would wonder about his honesty, or whether he is embellishing things(which might be true either way). I'm sure that he's a dazzling rhetorician, can leave the audience spellbound(as indeed they are), this is Mercury in Leo at work, but look across the way--there's Jupiter opposite. Is he really open-minded and interested in the will of the people?? I don't trust those squares to Neptune.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #6 - on: 06.03.2008 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Susan Aiu  

Over here in Hawaii, my daughter was born 3 months after him, and is named Malia. THey went to high schools next to each other, graduated the same year. What Obama has, having been born and raised here, is Aloha, where color is not an issue, we are all beige, someone said.To us he is Local. And local boys have a certain something, I know, I married one. I shall keep at the sister & brother in law to get his time. I visited the Board of Health, but not being a relative, could not obtain it. He had to learn Mainland Smarts in college, & married a Mainland girl. Remember, he is part Kansan, a northern state. But Hawaii is a special place, and it produces people with a special attitude. We are all equal.. Oscar Wilde said that we would not have peace until we were all Tea Colored. Obama's Venus line runs through the Middle East, so he can handle them.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #7 - on: 06.03.2008 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Sandy

I did Obama's chart using 1:06 PM using the Koch house sytem. This gives him Scorpio Rising which to me makes sense when you think of his childhood. Also, being smooth and composed and ambitious I feel would go along with Scorpio Rising. His Sun and Mercury positioned in his ninth house would indicate having books published along with the his extensive traveling. Jupiter and Saturn in the third obviously makes him a great orator and writer. I believe his Moon is in Gemini as writing and his inate ability to be a great speaker would come naturally to him. Chiron residing in his fourth house shows where he's wounded in the chart and that also goes along with his history. Barack's eleventh house Mars in Virgo shows his desire to be of service to the whole as opposed to the individual and for change that emerges from hope, not cynicism. I think that transiting Uranus conjunct his Jupiter (Uranus in the 10th natally, political success being a 10th house matter) would account for his sudden rise to political prominence in 1996. Chiron trine his 11th house Mars in 2004 would indicate his election to Congress. National presidential campaign 2007-8, transiting Saturn conjunct his 10th house Pluto is certainly putting him front and center for a major change in his career. Three times last year Pluto made a trine to Barack's 10th house North Node; destiny calls.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #8 - on: 06.03.2008 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Mark Shulgasser

I like the Capricorn Saturn conjunct the zero aquarius Jupiter, it seems precisely what's needed now from him (should I say Him?); perfectly organized control with expanding democracy: too good to be true, almost. Especially with the virgo mars trine the Saturn. The fanaticism of his followers has support. A Leo with a Taurus moon, what a coincidence! So was (is) Bill Clinton. (But what time is this chart for, actually? What are the chances that the moon is in Taurus vs. Gemini?) What a lark if Hillary became Barack's Vice. It would be like a child's fantasy, a restoration of Mommy and Daddy getting together, with a different daddy, a better one.  
I say Moon in Gemini -- "quick mind, debate performance, oratory" also the famous "Brother's keeper, sister's keeper" line. He's not being praised for his sincerity or warmth.
Too bad his Saturn/VX is precisely on my ascendant-venus opposition. So far I have refused to give up my cynicism for either of the amazing dems we have to choose from. Will Obama finally break through, place the onerous burden of belief back on my shoulders? Yuck.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #9 - on: 06.03.2008 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Mark Shulgasser

of course, the gemini moon makes a much stronger chart, resonating strongly with mercury/jupiter opposition.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #10 - on: 06.03.2008 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User John Fellows

Destiny calls. The 40 somethings inherit the earth. Barack was born at the dawn of unrest and hope in the 60's. With the Chiron/Saturn in Pisces opposite Uranus/Pluto in Virgo in the mid-60's,the transformation of work into sacrifice and service to others has matured into Saving the Planet or specifically - Humanity. Barack seems well positioned to be a spokesperson and leader of change with his conjunctions of his Leo North Node. His high ideals with Jupiter opp Mercury and the Grand Trine in water with Chiron/Neptune/Venus give a great sensitivity to healing. This chart and this man is a very full. It would be good to have an accurate time, with the moon in late Taurus until 1:06 PM, which square his nodes and in Gemini would square Pluto and Chiron. Regardless, Saturn has him stepping to the plate for healing and transformation. Drum roll please.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #11 - on: 06.03.2008 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Lisa LaBelle

I'm going to withhold my thoughts on this, as I've just requested Senator Obama's birth data from his MySpace site. I'm hoping that someone there can shed light on such. Should I be able to obtain such, I will gladly share it.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #12 - on: 06.03.2008 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Lena Ghio

At first I was impressed by Obama when he refused a plane ride from Oprah to go on her show. But then my guts tell me something is not right. Then a Canadian governmental employee leaked comments made by one of Obama's aids to a Canadian diplomat about free-trade that clearly contradicted what Obama was saying in Ohio. Then I saw his Sun square Neptune! He has a tendency to misjudge others and be evasive himself. He at first denied the free-trade comment, then had to confirm them while trying to minimize the importance of the comment. The problem is not the comment, it is the fact he tried to hide it. I don't trust him.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #13 - on: 06.03.2008 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User 88star88

Definitely a Gemini Moon -- he's got the gift of gab. But it is not his time to be top dog. He is still too green. Hillary will bag the nomination, and will pick him as her running mate. Then he'll get initiated into the white house and gain the experience he needs to run again in 8 years.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #14 - on: 06.03.2008 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User aqrising

Lena, you are not up to date on the NAFTA story. The Globe and Mail is now reporting that someone from the Clinton campaign was the one who contacted them about NAFTA.
The quote is: "He (Ian Brodie, Canadian PM's chief of staff) said someone from (Hillary) Clinton's campaign is telling the embassy to take it with a grain of salt. . . That someone called us and told us not to worry."
Let's keep the discussion to astrology, please. What do you think is negative about Sun square Neptune? My college roommate was born a few days before Obama and she is one of the most compassionate people I know. She went to work for a Catholic charitable organization after college, and taught in Appalachia for two years.  
Later she got her masters degree in social work and has been an advocate for abused children in my state's Dept of Children and Family services for 20 years. Sun in 6th, Neptune in 9th.  

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #15 - on: 06.03.2008 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Yanaar Lee

I've been working the 1:06 am chart, and believe it to be correct. (using both Western and Vedic systems).

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #16 - on: 06.03.2008 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Yanaar Lee

I've been working the 1:06 pm chart, and believe it to be correct. (using both Western and Vedic systems).

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #17 - on: 06.03.2008 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Lin

I agree with star88. I think it is Hillary's time to complete her "destiny" in the public arena. She was born for this final job, and every life path she has gone through has brought her to this pennical. I think she is fasinated with Obama, and thinks very highly of him...I dearly hope she get's the nomination, and DOES select Obama as her running mate...if that happens, they will "clear house" on this country, and bring a USA like we have never had. I believe Obama will absorb so much working with Hillary, and in 8 years, his time will have arrived, and he will get that top job "hands down", and at that point, will have earned all of his strips, and become one of our greatest President's. I also agree he has Gemini moon (it describes the Mother in a person's chart (among other things), and I think that is "a fit". His calm refined demeanor I see in 3 signs rising...either Libra (always fair and looking for justice and balance), Virgo, (again well put together and fair), or Scorpio (an indominable steadfastness and quiet strength, that he continuely shows)...The Scorpio Rising, seems maybe the correct one, (the phoenix from the ashes, his life so far), and of course, the ruler of Scorpio being Pluto, and his being in Virgo, would pull in that Virgo quality I mentioned above.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #18 - on: 06.03.2008 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Penelope

This is from The Canadian Press - released 3 hours ago (3/76/08 - 7:57PM PST) on the internet.
"Unlike Obama, Clinton camp unsullied by reported assurances over NAFTA Module body
Thu Mar 6, 7:23 PM  
 By Beth Gorham , The Canadian Press
 WASHINGTON - There were renewed questions Thursday about the role of Hillary Clinton's campaign in a NAFTA controversy that has so far focused on Barack Obama and become a factor in his Democratic primary losses this week.  
 Clinton's camp was mentioned from Day 1 in a report that the two candidates have been talking tough on the North American Free Trade Agreement in public while their aides privately told Canadians not to worry.  
 That has become lost in a swirl of revelations that Clinton used to hammer Obama, costing him votes this week in Ohio.  
 The original CTV News report last week said lower-level Clinton officials made "indirect contact" with Canada to say her campaign rhetoric was partly for show.  
 It was apparently based in part on Prime Minister Stephen Harper's chief of staff, Ian Brodie, who reportedly mentioned to journalists in Ottawa that Clinton's people told Canadian officials to take her campaign with a grain of salt.  
 But Clinton's camp has repeatedly denied there was any assurances given, and they continued to do it Thursday.  
 "We flatly deny this report," said Clinton spokesman Phil Singer. "It didn't happen."  
 Last week, Singer said the Clinton campaign was offering the Canadian government "blanket immunity to reveal any name" they might have in the reported contact.  
 A Canadian Embassy official would not confirm or deny that such a contact took place, but said it's totally implausible that her officials instigated one to reassure Canada.  
 "Our ongoing frustration is the number of times we are sideswiped, not out of malice, just because they (U.S. politicians) never thought about us," the official said.  
 CTV concentrated on Obama, eventually giving specific details about a meeting in February between Canada's consul general in Chicago and his economic adviser Austan Goolsbee.  
 Then someone leaked a damaging summarizing report of the meeting, written by a Canadian official, that suggested Goolsbee told them Obama wasn't serious about plans to reopen NAFTA to include labour and environmental protections.  
 The memo "misreported" Goolsbee's words, Obama said this week.  
 Some close to the embassy are doubtful a contact with the Clinton campaign took place. If it did, there is no paper trail on what was said.  
 The first thing the Clinton campaign would have done before beginning sharp criticism on Obama over the meeting is to ensure that the attacks couldn't backfire, they said.  
 "If they were exposed on this issue, they wouldn't have gone bananas," said one source.  
 Clinton supporters are crediting the Canadian memo flap with serving as a wake-up call to the U.S. media that Obama "doesn't have a halo."  
And now talk has turned to the damage that has been done.  
The flap is going to make it enormously difficult for U.S. politicians to trust Canadian embassy officials, said a consultant who concentrates on Canada-U.S. issues.  
It will be harder to get meetings with key players, the consultant said, and there will probably be a lot less note-taking.  
"It's very unfortunate for the government of Canada and the embassy. They've just got to ride this thing out."  
As for Obama, Clinton's potent pummelling on NAFTA and other issues has people wondering how far he would go to fight fire with fire.  
So far, the Obama campaign hasn't tried to draw Hillary into what has been dubbed NAFTA-gate. But they're likely looking for the ammunition."  
 Regarding the Sun square Neptune - there is no denying that the potential is there for both true selfless work and deception - every aspect can have two or more sides. Obama has certainly worked hard to help those in need - that's a given. I don't think anyone sees him as a "bad" person by any means.
However, he isn't a god - and this is somehow the way many perceive him. The second coming as it were. Someone here even referred to him as Him (I think in jest, but many a truth, etc.). Question is: is this how he is beginning to perceive himself? Some would say, yes.
He would be a great minister and no doubt he is an expert at stirring people up, however, as with most Neptunian things - the need for continual reinforcement of the drug - be it a narcotic, alcohol, religion or "hope," may prove to be difficult to provide and the withdrawal will hard.
This may be a part of what we saw with Ohio and Texas - his people didn't get the voters out to vote.
[continued in next posting]

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #19 - on: 06.03.2008 at 12:30 [UT] »

[continued from posting above:] by Penelope
My feeling is that they took a look at what Hillary was saying and, while they weren't going to vote for her, they weren't going to vote for him either. It was subtle, but that's how Neptune operates.
For me, much of the problem I have with his Sun/Neptune square is the placement of his Sun on the MC and Neptune in the 12th. There are ego issues to be dealt with and I think we are seeing some of that. There is also the potential to set oneself up as a martyr - thus the claims of negative campaigning against the opposition when he has been attacking all along. Taking something that has been shown to be true, i.e., NAFTA and capitalizing on it is not negative. Nor is portraying oneself as better equipped to deal with a difficult situation, i.e., the red phone ad. It's politics. Even the reality of his opposition to the Iraq War has a tinge of martyr about it - that some of us could detect in his response when Hillary challenged him with it in the last debate. (Both of them got a little whiny that night.) To paraphrase: it wasn't just a speech, I was running for office and it was an unpopular position to take. Nevertheless, he wasn't in the US Senate and was ot able to vote for or against the action. So this little piece of fantasy continues.
What I find particularly interesting, however, is this demand that the voters' voices be heard and the pledged delegates be the only ones honored, yet he is willing to let the voices of the Florida and Michigan voters remain silent. He knows that he will likely lose if there are repeat elections for those two states.
So, the Sun/Neptune is specific here - I am loving and caring and generous but only to those who support me and what I see fit as the right thing to do.
He's a politician and he is using his Sun/Neptune as a politician, not as a social worker.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 152
Send Topic Print
Current Planets
2-Sep-2014, 17:14 UT/GMT
Sun10Virgo9'46"
Moon13Sagittarius19' 6"
Mercury0Libra43'51"
Venus26Leo18' 0"
Mars22Scorpio40'20"
Jupiter10Leo30'58"
Saturn18Scorpio9'38"