Welcome as a guest in the Astrodienst forum. You can login to your Astro profile or register as a forum member.You can also remain in the guest status and navigate through this forum as a reader. 18.04.2014 at 01:14 [UT+1]

Forum Rules Home Help Search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Astro-Databank: Bill (1947) Richardson (Read 71 times)
Astro-Databank
Global Moderator
Astrodienst Staff
Adb editor

Astro-Databank: Bill (1947) Richardson
« on: 17.05.2007 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

Discussion about
Bill (1947) Richardson, born 15 November 1947 at 11:35 AM in Pasadena CA

This discussion is imported from the  comment board on the  previous astrodatabank.com website.

Today's presidential candidates seemed to have begun their campaigns earlier than usual. They are busy fund-raising, orating, debating, and shaking hands in advance of the early primaries and state caucuses. Let's get into the political swing by starting with the chart of Bill Richardson. He's not one of the top tier candidates, but he has an impressive resumé, and his political future will be interesting to track. If anyone can get the birth time of Barack Obama from a reliable source, please send me an e-mail (Pat@astrodatabank.com) so that we can have an online astrological discussion of his chart sometime in the near future.
  • Reviews of Richardson in his past political roles are generally positive. His performance in the debate of Democratic Party candidates on April 25, 2007 was lackluster. Nevertheless he offers interesting qualifications and experience. What astrological factors indicate success in politics? Does his birth chart show the promise for him to be the Democratic Party candidate for President?
  • Richardson's planets and points are mainly in fire and water signs, with no earth except his north node and very little air. In addition, all his planets except for Uranus are above the horizon. What do you make of these emphases in elements and hemisphere? What kind of leader is he? What strengths does he exhibit? Where might the challenges be for him in government leadership positions?? How would you interpret these emphases in light of his career choices?  
  • Many born in late-1946 and 1947 share a Saturn-Pluto conjunction in Leo. In Richardson's case, however, that powerful conjunction includes Mars and the 7th house trio is in a tight square to his Sun, Midheaven and South Node. What do these positions tell us about his personality, his drive, and his style of behavior?

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

re: Bill (1947) Richardson
« Reply #1 - on: 17.05.2007 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User cynthia

Oh My, isn't that Hillary Clinton's chart with a different moon?

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #2 - on: 17.05.2007 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User LWood

"Hillary's chart.." ?  
With a different Venus, Moon, Asc, Mc and entirely different midpts.  
"Oh what a difference a day (+19) makes"

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #3 - on: 17.05.2007 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Quicktake

A ruthless autocrat with streaks of paranoid cruelty, while being a social butterfly.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #4 - on: 18.05.2007 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User M

Uranus as the modern chart ruler and the sole retrograde and planet beneath the horizon makes it stand out...more on this later...
There are a few interesting things to note on this natal chart..First the moon is void of course..it rules the 6th house of work, servant, employees, health etc and is placed in the 11th house of hopes and dreams...when the moon is void of course, something unique must happen...i dont think its fair to say that it dooms one to wander as has been said about that void moon, but something unique must occur about the house in which it represents (6th)..it is the house of service and it perhaps representative of a public official...
Election to the presidency is going to be hard...New Mexico is local politics, a very underpopulated state with lots of immigrants and workers many of whom are mexican..being half mexican himself and with that void of course moon ruling the "people's house" he was probably very popular there...in fact if he got nominated for the presidency i suspect he would carry the unions and working classes largely...
However, the Sun, ruler of he 7th house of people is in a very tight square with Mars/Saturn in a close conjunction..Mars rules the 10th house of higher office as well as the third house of communication, Saturn rules the 1st house of person and 12th house of secret enemies and sorrow..the combination in itself does not bode well...Saturn afflicting the Sun tends to make one appear stiff and sometimes even boring..its not a warm combination..Mars squaring the sun tends to make one a bit hasty and rash..because the malefics are in close conjunction it would tend to cause people to be bored or indifferent (Saturn) or react with animosity towards him..
The chart on the other hand has alot of pleasant qualities..ruling Uranus in Gemini makes him garrulous and friendly, which is what he is as a person...Jupiter/Venus in Sagittarius makes one friendly and sociable...the moon there gives him a very likeable personality...hes an optomist by nature and in the 11th house of politics can build bridges thru his personality....
Mars however at the nodal degree and ruling the 3rd and 10th houses shows a problem...especially as it disposits the sun, ruler of the 7th house..the 10th house has alot to do with grand aspirations and with Mars ruling it at the nodal degree and in close conjunction with Saturn, especially wicked in Leo..i would tend to guess his hearts aspiration at highest office will be denied...
Uranus in rulership in an airy sign of Gemini makes one very friendly and likeable...not very serious with a tendecy towards bizarre and even insane ideas...his whole gaff about playing major league ball when he never did was just an example..
Mars ruling the third house in conjunction with Saturn makes for a heavy speaker with not much zest of appeal..in leo it perhaps can cause a "big talker" who people dont think much of..
Mercury in Scorpio is unaspected...Everytime i see a Mercury in Scorpio i tend to see a person who makes promises they cant deliver, talks about things they have never done or just has no filter and constantly makes foolish comments...this doesnt help with Mars ruling the third house of communication so weak with Saturn there...hes always going to come across as friendly and chatty..but a bit of color and full of it...
Sun so close to the south node doesnt help either...tends to mistrust u...this is a decent chart for local new mexican politics...but an im not seeing him get to higher office..

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #5 - on: 18.05.2007 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Jotown

<b>1.) </b> " What astrological factors indicate success in politics? Does his birth chart show the promise for him to be the Democratic Party candidate for President?"
Moon, Venus and Jupiter In Sagittarius in the 11th house show why people vote for him. Mars, Saturn and Pluto conjunct in the 7th house in Leo show the bare knuckled brawler who will do anything to win a fight.
His only strong contacts to the US chart are between the Sun and Neptune, and Neptune to Saturn. This says that he may have a certain glamorous (phony) appeal but it will not hold up long enough for him to get the nomination yet alone win the race for president.
<b>2.) </b> " What do you make of these emphases in elements and hemisphere? What kind of leader is he? What strengths does he exhibit? Where might the challenges be for him in government leadership positions?? How would you interpret these emphases in light of his career choices?"
This is a Fixed/Male chart (mostly Fixed Fire = Leo chart). This says that he is stubborn and volatile and unafraid to act. His stubbornness and volatility would be his biggest challenge as a leader. His Southern Hemisphere emphasis shows that he is one who wants to make his mark on the world (his public life).
All of this would explain that he has the ego and stubborn confidence to believe he could win; though I do not think he will be nominated. Also with the Southern hemisphere emphasis he is the kind of politician who is easily blown by the winds of public opinion and not one with a solid set of personal values and priorities.
<b>3.) </b> " Saturn-Pluto conjunction in Leo. includes Mars and the 7th house trio is in a tight square to his Sun, Midheaven and South Node. What do these positions tell us about his personality, his drive, and his style of behavior? "
Volatile, irritable and one who would not be afraid to act; even if his actions may tend to be irrational and based on emotion rather than intellect. Driven; perhaps obsessively so.
Regarding the comparison to Hillary Clintons chart; they are very different charts. Those 19 days - along with the position of the planets in the houses - change the charts quite a bit.  
Also Hillary lines up with the US chart much more favorably because of those 19 days (as L.Wood pointed out).

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #6 - on: 18.05.2007 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Carol

Looking at things from a karmic point of view, it doesn't look like public office is really fulfilling for him on a deeper level (North Node in the 4th house), even though there is a ton of energy up there in the 10th, including Venus (which is what we really enjoy) and Jupiter (where we often have good fortune and like to spend our leisure time).
On the other hand (speaking of comparison to Hillary's chart), it looks like relating to the public and helping build a firm foundation of solid values and prosperity (North Node in Taurus in the 7th) is the most natural and fulfilling thing for her while we the public benefit from this gift.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #7 - on: 18.05.2007 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User cynthia

let me be more precise:
of the group of Dem candidates for the US. Richardson's is quite like Hilary Clinton's. Yes they are 19 days apart and his MArs is departing the intense conjunction of Pluto, Saturn and Mars, while hers is approaching.
Still, he has AQ rising, and she has Uranus on the ASC. They have a lot of similarities and she has the more the powerful political "machine" as well as Mars approaching the conjunction so she will probably push "past" him easily.
LWOOD, of course there are differences, I was't being absolutely literal and that was my mistake. Still, there are more similarities than there are differences in their charts and hers appears to be stronger.
Richardson's charts seems to be more affible: Tropical Sag Moon near the other planets is more friendly than an isolated Pisces Moon so we'll see more of who he is rather than wondering whether the rumors about her are true.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #8 - on: 18.05.2007 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User sandstone

is lack of imagination a jupiter in virgo trait?

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #9 - on: 18.05.2007 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

Richardson doesn't have Jupiter in Virgo? But I have seen that Jupiter in Taurus quincunx a Saturn/Neptune conjunction can produce a very obnoxious personality. The Saturn/Neptune conjunction causes much confusion and misery and the Jupiter quincunx seems to expand the delusional nature of this combination.
Jupiter/Taurus can = full (Jupiter) of bull (Taurus).
You have to look at the whole chart though. And this kind of personality seems more predominant with an Aries Sun.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #10 - on: 18.05.2007 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

jotown - thanks.
therese, thanks for your comments on the tillman thread and what some astrologers are doing towards a new direction or synthesis of systems for astrology today.. do you have a link to the yahoo group site for that particular club?
m - i want to continue with a comment you mentioned about the weakest planet in a chart dictating much about the chart.. i think it is a brilliant idea and i have thought about it before...i think it holds a lot of merit, but it becomes a case of how one defines it.. have you heard about the least aspected planet having a bigger impact on the chart? rob couteau has done a lot of work on this in relationship to astrocartography but i haven't studied it closely. http://www.dominantstar.com/astro02.htm
on this topic of weakest planet to a chart it becomes a question of how one defines what is the weakest point in a chart. does one use traditional, or vedic rulerships, square or round houses, vanilla fudge or spumozi aspects and on and on due all the ways to decipher a chart..that said, sometimes things jump out at one and i do think saturn in leo isn't the best placement..however i think saturn operates quite well in hard aspects, as opposed to soft, so i would tend to think saturn in tillmans chart has more strength to it then the weakness implied by its sign position.. just my thoughts on a very interesting topic of conversation.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #11 - on: 18.05.2007 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Therese

Sandstone, here's the link to the Future of Astrology Yahoo Forum. It used to be called the Young Astrologers' Forum, but after the Sedona Conference, Moses re-named it. If you have time to go back through the archives, you'll find discussions and posts from every viewpoint.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/futureastro/

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #12 - on: 18.05.2007 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Bill M

I like this guy and want to vote for him. It would be nice to see a standard complete vedic analysis of him. Or a couple. After all, he could be the US's next president.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #13 - on: 18.05.2007 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

therese - thanks... i get this message when i go to visit - Sorry, this group is available to members ONLY. You are not allowed to access this group. <, yahoo group search does nothing for futureastro either..

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #14 - on: 18.05.2007 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User M

Sorry Sandstone the pages jump everytime they set up a new person...
In terms of weakest planet, I use the approach of looking at the totality of the situation, for instance in Tillman's chart, Saturn in Leo is clearly weaknest...isolated, apex of a fixed t-square, in detriment, afflicts both lights, in 8th house, etc its clearly marked..
This is not always the case, lets look at Richardons...Mercury in Scorpio is unaspected, but neither in detriment or fall...are any planets in such a position? Saturn is in its detriment...no planets in detriment or fall otherwise...the Sun is closely conjunct the south node with Saturn/Mars closely squaring it...the moon is void of course, but not too bad in Sagittarius...
So we have three planets, Sun, Mars and Saturn...the Sun is conjunct the midheaven and not in detriment or fall..so id knock that out of weakest...Mars and Saturn are both close candidates...Saturn rules the chart, is in its detriment, squares south node and is conjunct Mars...Mars exactly squares the south node, is at the nodal degree and conjuncts Saturn...
So in this case the SAturn/Mars conjunction is the weakest part of the chart..which planet is weaker depends but id guess both are weak enough to show Richardson's problems...many other times its more clear cut
Make any sense?

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #15 - on: 18.05.2007 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

Sandstone, you have to join any Yahoo group before you can post and access files and archives. It's easy to join. I thought you already belonged to some Yahoo forums??

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #16 - on: 18.05.2007 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

Sandstone, isn't there a line to click on at the top of the FoA forum that says "Join this group?" I don't get that message because I'm a member. It just says 'group member.' Anyone can join the group as far as I know.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #17 - on: 19.05.2007 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

therese - thanks.. i have e mailed you about it.
m - i follow what you are saying and think their is a lot of merit in it.. the difficulty i have with your analysis is you prioritize tropical sign placement and rulership, seem to suggest hard aspects are an automatic negative while not seeming to differentiate on the aspects depending on the specific planets involved and ignore house position strength/weakness issues that must colour any question of weakness to a chart. also there are no earth planets in this chart which must be factored in however one wants to do it.. do some of these missing factors compensate for other questions on the chart? do certain positions of strength change the overall conclusion..  
i like what you are doing, but i am not convinced of the prioritizing method you have for arriving at the weakest planet to the chart.. as for the mars/saturn conj in the 7th being the weakest spot in the chart, i would be inclined to partly agree with you, however as i said earlier, i see squares are being the natural domain of saturn and i see saturn in the 7th operating at a position of strength.. i also see the sun/saturn square from this angle as very strong and favourable.. it is complicated by the mars position, but mars isn't so bad in leo. in the 7th is more problematical and with saturn in a conjunction( the aspect most closely associated with mars) it is further challenged.. perhaps the mars is the weak spot for me..
marc edmund jones work on paying attention to planetary patterns produced a similiar ability in recognizing a planet that may have greater impact over a chart, especially in the bucket pattern where the handle planet held significance. in richardsons chart it is a bowl pattern with the outer planets - moon opp uranus - having a central role in a perspective on his nature.. perhaps i can comment on what i think that means later.
 m- if recognizing the weak spot in a chart has relevance, and i really believe it does, then recognizing the strong spot in a chart can add a broader dimension to ones analysis as well. it would have to be factored into any analysis of the weakest planet in the chart as i see it anyway.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #18 - on: 19.05.2007 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Carol

Jotown (or anyone who might know this), can you tell me how you do italics and bold in a post? I've tried different things, and nothing seems to work, and I'm always left with "bad-mannered" CAPITALS (shouting) Thanks.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #19 - on: 19.05.2007 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

Saturn is the weakest planet in this horoscope by dignity.
Mercury is the weakest planet by aspect. It is unaspected not particularly strong by dignity either.
Now what does this mean?
Since there are 6 or 7 people posting I would expect at least 8 or nine different opinions.
Cheers.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Current Planets
18-Apr-2014, 00:14 UT/GMT
Sun27Aries53'45"
Moon1Sagittarius26' 3"
Mercury19Aries3'52"
Venus13Pisces9'17"
Mars15Libra29'23"r
Jupiter13Cancer11'57"