Welcome as a guest in the Astrodienst forum. You can login to your Astro profile or register as a forum member.You can also remain in the guest status and navigate through this forum as a reader. 10.07.2014 at 02:48 [UT+1]

Forum Rules Home Help Search  
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Astro-Databank: Mary-Kate Olsen (Read 947 times)
Astro-Databank
Global Moderator
Astrodienst Staff
Adb editor

Astro-Databank: Mary-Kate Olsen
« on: 23.07.2004 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

Discussion about
Mary-Kate Olsen, born 13 June 1986 at 09:45 AM in Van Nuys CA

This discussion is imported from the  comment board on the  previous astrodatabank.com website.

Twins are a perennial test case for astrology critics. How can people born two minutes apart be so different? In theory shouldn't twins have very similar personalities? Shouldn't similar events happen at the same time to each one? This week we'll explore the most wealthy and famous twins on the planet - Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen. They're going to college next year and they own a billion dollar enterprise created from their own work.
  • How do you explain the phenomenon of twins having very different personalities and life events? How does the eating disorder show up in Mary-Kate's chart? How could the same astrological factor express itself in Ashley's life?
  • On their 18th birthday, they both took possession of their savings ($300 million each) and became full-fledged leaders of their production company, Dualstar. How is this influx of wealth written into their chart?
  • How do you read the Sun-Jupiter-Uranus T-square in their charts?
  • What do you see in their charts that is consistent with other child performers such as [was_link] Michael J. Fox[/was_link] and [was_link] Michael Jackson[/was_link]?

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

re: Mary-Kate Olsen
« Reply #1 - on: 30.07.2004 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Wakinyaska

My comments on Mary-Kates eating disorder seemed to have been placed under Ashley's chart. OOPS!!

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #2 - on: 30.07.2004 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User derek

the sabian symbol for their true node, 28 aries, reads, "a large disappointed audience." i wonder if this hints of lessons learned by ignoring the hype that surrounds them, and learning to look inward for happiness? the spotlight has been stressful, it seems - and yet they keep running back to it! leo on the ac?

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #3 - on: 01.08.2004 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Anonymous

I can't find Yakinaska's (sorry about spelling??) comments on eating disorders which I'd really like to see so I'll add a few of my own, don't know if they'll be correct observations. Just from personal observation I've noticed a trend toward Moon/Jupiter and Cancer/Sagg combo's in anorexic's charts which I don't see here. Moon in first house in Virgo would should some kind of perfectionistic trait involving diet or body image (1st house). Squaring Saturn in 4th house (Cancer's house) would show obstacles concerning control of diet, feelings, nurturing. It can also show business ability, hard workers, discipline. Venus in Cancer is such a beautiful placement for a woman but might show supersensivity and feelings of being hurt. Placed in 12th house emphasizes sensitivity and hidden problems. Opposition to Mars could show tendency of relationships to brings this sensitivty, out with negative expression until one learns to use creatively. Maybe brings out a martyr complex? (12th / 6th house opposition?) Jupiter in this chart is prominent because it's at the apex of a t-square which can show troubles concerning any kind of "expansion." This could present problems when trying to control one's weight. I've also noticed a tendency for people with mutable signs dominant in a chart (in this case, Gemini sun, Virgo Moon) to indicate some obsessive compulsive tendencies. boy this is sloppy but I would like to see if anyone has any opinions about any of this. Thanks.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #4 - on: 02.08.2004 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Cornelia Neville

There is a Neptune trine north node also which is not shown in your charts...Grand Earth trine. Saturn square the moon...hummmmmmm

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #5 - on: 06.08.2004 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User J Nelson

Using Vedic/sidereal astrology:
Wealth can be seen in their charts from the two dhana (wealth-producing) yogas of 1st lord in the 2nd and 11th lord in the 1st. The 1st lord Moon is also involved in two beneficial yogas, gaja-kesari and raja, which both indicate prosperity among other positive indications. The 1st house and the Moon both indicate early life and their wealth began accumulating at an early age. 2nd lord of wealth in the 11th house of earned income is also conducive to great wealth (Donald Trump has the same 11th house Sun in Taurus conjoined with an exalted Rahu.) Their 18th birthday occurs during Venus/Saturn/Moon pratyantara dasha which activates 2 of the 3 planets involved in the dhana yogas. It's also interesting that there is a loop of dispositors involving both the houses of wealth and the 1st lord...1st lord in 2nd, 2nd lord in 11th, 11th in 1st, etc.
I'd guess that Mary-Kate's eating disorder is the result of the 6th lord, associated with appetite, in the obsessive and secretive 8th house. I've seen a few charts of people suffering from eating disorders with that exact placement. A trik lord (lord of 6,8 or 12th) in a trik house is generally considered positive and beneficial but I'd think this placement could result in either obsessive involvement with appetite or destruction (8th house signification) of appetite. Also, her 10th house is afflicted by the delusion-causing Rahu and is lorded weakly by Mars in the 6th. I think this could cause trouble related to the public image, specifically excessive worry and anxiety about that image, with the disorder possibly resulting as a consequence.
To account for the differences in their personalities, the 2 minute difference in birth time results in two different navamsha charts. Ashley's is sagittarius asc, Mary-Kate's is capricorn asc. One possible explanation for only Mary-Kate having the eating disorder is that Mars, the 10th lord (which is also in the 6th house of appetite) is in the 12th house of her navamsha which should make it even more problematic, whereas Ashley has Mars well-placed in the 1st house of the navamsha which should give it some needed strength. Mary-Kate's navamsha also has a very weak 10th lord (8th house in an enemy sign), compounding the weakness of her birth chart's 10th, while, Ashley has her navamsha's 10th lord in the beneficial 5th house. On the whole, Mary-Kate's navamsha appears more difficult than Ashley's since she has 4 planets (Mo, Ju, Ve, Ma) in the destructive trik houses whereas, Mary-Kate has only the 2 shadow planets Rahu-Ketu in triks and they are almost well-placed since they are both exalted. The more troubled navamsha might make things a little more difficult for her, in general, and could also account for her slightly wilder tastes. One more note about the navamshas is that Ashley's interest in psychology could be attributable to her navamsha lord, Jupiter, being in the analytical, psychology-oriented 8th house of her birth chart; while Mary-Kate's interest in photography could be related to her navamsha lord, Saturn, being in the creative 5th house of her birth chart.
Sorry if I took up too much space here...

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #6 - on: 06.08.2004 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Bill Lindsay

1.Differences...I think birth order is very important, even in the case of twins, born only two minutes apart. The older twin would have a 'head start' in experiencing and acting on all transits, while the younger twin becomes more the 'responder'. Twins actually experience things as a unit, and it may be that they both draw from the same chart in many ways. Ashley, the older twin, being 'first', personifies the Ascendant more, and would relate more to the chart ruler(the Sun), and Mars, thus she is more the initiator(her name even begins with an A---the first letter of the alphabet---a sign of a very motivated self-starter). Mary-Kate is more the 'responder', the reactor, being the second-born(essentially her sister's 'echo'), and is more about the setting sign of the chart, its ruler(Uranus) and Venus(even her name is a balance of sorts, of two names of the same length). So while Ashley acts out one side of the balance, the Ascendant, her sister M-K responds via the other side. (I just think it's awesome that both sets of opposite rulers(Sun/Uranus and Mars/Venus) are also opposite in placement between them.) M-K, thus being the responder, she is the symptom-bearer of what is wrong with them emotionally. I see the T-square involving Jupiter and their Sun(Ashley)-Uranus(M-K), Jupiter when negative often indicates a thing with over-indulgence. His placement in Pisces shows that it's an emotional problem, and in the 8th House means we'll probably never really know, but it could be that they are having all this generosity heaped upon them(the money, early stardom, etc) unasked and secretly feeling that they don't deserve it and/or never be able to repay it. I think the pattern plays out in Ashley as a need to rescue or be overly generous with her efforts, especially when she sees someone in need. She might end up most of her life trying to rescue her sister and over-react to what she sees as M-K being in need(when only time and leaving M-K alone can solve the situation). To someone with strong Fire, the temptation to rescue others can be addictive, because they see that as putting their talents and abilities to good use, while also getting the admiration that they think they need.
2.Wealth...Probably part due to Jupiter in their 8th, and the fact that Jupiter is in sextile to Mars in the 6th. They are ambitious and can be aggressive businessladies (probably more Ashley, though M-K may be more in charge of diplomacy and day-to-day ops).
3.T-Square...See #1 above.
4.Child stars...Jackson has a powerful Leo situation, and a powerful Sun, while Fox has the Sun strongly placed in Gemini, right on the 5th House cusp. Part of what makes Jackson a star is his sheer focus on being productive and 'generative'(always having something creative to do, which is a plus in romance as well as career, and we always wonder what gets him the girls, eh?). Part of what makes Fox a star is that he is not so self-absorbed as he is interested in other people and new and stimulating ideas, he has that Gemini charm. The Twins have a powerful Sun-Uranus opposition, where either planet is in the house that the other rules naturally---Uranus in Sagittarius electrifies the fiery 5th House, while the Sun in Gemini brightens up the blustery 11th. Plus, the Sun rules the chart. Children with this kind of Sun-Uranus/5th-11th power are sure to realize some kind of fame and attention very early in life, with the strong urge to express and socialize.
Thanks very much for such an interesting chart!

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #7 - on: 07.08.2004 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Jospeh Polise

A few comments about these horoscopes:
1. The Leo ascendant shows these two love the limelight and the role of being entertainers. Despite their early successes they have yet to come into their own where at least one of them will expand their media empire toward the management end, working largely behind the scenes to shape the careers of other talented performers.  
2. The Sun in Gemini in the 11th, at this stage of their lives, can show friends and group pressure to be a problem. These two girls, despite their wealth and fame, really want to "be one of the girls" and having friends is important. So is independence of action, a theme coming under the 11th house. They will eventually seek freedom and independence form all those who have exerted strong control over their lives and career direction. This includes the powerful male authority figures they have grown up with (father and lawyer/manager)- Mary-Kate's anorexia may be a distorted expression of this need for self-autonomy and control. These girls have their future planned in advance, other depend upon them financially and some of these people exert extreme control over how they think their future should be.  
3. The lawyer/manager is shown by Jupiter in Pisces in the 8th - 90 - the Sun/Uranus opposition. This person and his associates have run the Olsen Twins enterprise with great vision and entreprenuial panache (Jupiter in domicile). The parents went along with it and assisted in the phenomenal growth of the career (Venus in Cancer, 10th ruler-120- Jupiter, Mars in Capricorn, 4th ruler -60- Jupiter). I think the mother role in their lives was stunted in some way (Cancer 12th ruler, Venus ruler of the 10th in the 12th, Moon-90-Saturn), she was quite possibly estranged from the father (Moon-90-Sun, ruler of parental axis in opposition) which made it difficult to nurture them as the male authority figures had a greater influence upon their development: the chart ruler, Sun in Gemini, makes a closer aspects to Jupiter than it does with any significator of the mother. The children lived within a discordant emotional situation, perhaps the mother wanted them near and the father pushed them into work ( Mars in Capricorn in the 6th) . In any case , the controllers surrounding these two will continue to push their own, financially motivated agenda until the twins take control of their own creative potential (Sun-180-Uranus in the 5th). They can break away through genuine creativity, or self-directed management activities, or through shocking alliances (7th ruler in the 5th). A lot of overturning other people's apple carts here.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #8 - on: 07.08.2004 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Joe Polise

Another comment on the charts:
The issue of emotional nuturing and one of its universal symbols, food, is indicated by the Moon and the sign Cancer. The presence of Cancer on the 12th shows, among other things, some degree of hurt and pain in family life for the two. Marilyn Monroe had Cancer on the 12th: absence or lack of nurturing. I can see anorexia or drug addiction as the response to this type of deprivation.
The Moon rules the 12th and square Saturn, ruler of the 6th. The Moon is in Virgo in the 2nd and Saturn is in the 4th on the cusp of the 5th. The former condition shows the possibility that the twins had to hide much of what they thought and felt in order to be "little working adults". An over-development of Saturn/Capricorn so young and for so long (6th ruler) has lead to emotional denial and an avoidance of even discussing the things that may be bothering them. Mary Kate has manifested eating disorders and problems w/her stomach now (Cap on 6th)
The Moon-90-Saturn is always an interesting aspect to explore. It can show early success, adult proficiency in some area during childhood/youth. It can also symbolize that these adult responsibilites in childhood delay emotional maturation, or conversely that the child (Moon) is overprotected by a parental figure (Saturn) and will fail to develop the skills needed for adulthood. The Mother may be unavailable for normal nuturing for some reason. In either case, Moon-90-Saturn, while pushing the need for mature reactions and strong ego-defenses, also struggles with depression and low self-esteem. With the Moon in Virgo in the 2nd they need to develop healthy sense that they can manage their health, work, diet, and finances. Planets in Virgo can struggle with intense issues of guilt and atonement for not meeting their own and other people standards and this distorted focus on perfectionism has been named as one of the pschological factors in anorexia.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #9 - on: 09.08.2004 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Bettina Woolard

I couldn't find anything that said what Ashley's birth time was. Did I miss something? Because some people here seem to know it. Even a couple of minutes can make a big difference in the navamsa (9th harmonic), which is primaraly a psychological chart. If anyone who reads this knows Ashley's time, please, please post it here. Thanks! There was a mention of a two min. difference, but was A born 2 mins. before or after MK?

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #10 - on: 09.08.2004 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Anonymous

Both the charts are here, you just have to click on the names at the upper right part of the top of the screen.
Ashley born at 9:43 am Mary Kate born at 9:45 am
I sure would be interested in hearing what you'd have to say about 9th harmonics. Thanks.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #11 - on: 09.08.2004 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Bettina Woolard

Thanks for the tip, Anon. Don't know how I missed that.  
It's as I suspected, Ashley was born first, and the navamsas are quite different. The nav. ascendents are different and different planets fall on the angles. A has Sag. (Sidereal)asc. with Mars, Sun, Moon, Jupiter on the angles. MK's nav. asc. is Capricorn and she has Pluto, Saturn, Neptune, Mercury on the angles. Pluto's in 1st with Saturn at the top. Saturn and Pluto can be a truly baleful pair when they operate together. Also, Saturn is the ruler of the 2nd house of the navamsa, and that house has to do with food and nourishment. Mercury rules 6th (health, illness) of nav, and it opposes Saturn. I think that A's ang. nav. planets indicate that she's the one to whom it comes more naturally to be in the limelight. MK is more likely to have self destructive impulses and possibly depression.
I have a niece who had a serious eating disorder at one time, and she has a Moon/Pluto cnj. in the natal chart. I've seen one other chart of an anorexic that also had that cnj, so I wouldn't be surprised if Pluto doesn't figure into anorexia somehow, in either the natal or the navamsa chart.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #12 - on: 14.08.2004 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User neshri

It must be hard to have that Uranus opposed to the Sun and be a twin! They would try hard to be individuals (Uranus) which might be that an eating disorder developed out of that need to be different from the other twin.  
My son was born on this day, with a Leo Moon and Libra rising (sun in the 9th). He hasn't become rich yet, but is pretty successful at whatever he tries to do. He would love to play basketball professionally, and though he doesn't have an eating disorder, he is quite thin. That is mostly due to his having grown upward considerably to the height of 6'4".

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #13 - on: 25.08.2004 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Furheen

Mental composition shows different interests and as we see that the 2 minutes time difference puts Ashley's Mercury in the 11th house where her mercury is more comfortable in an Air house therefore it switches from interest in writing which is a more quieter hobby belonging to the 12th house to a more aquarian one which requires more computing and understanding figures/digits.
The eating disorder is intencified by planets in water sign especially Venus and Jupiter and here we see the 2nd house of indulgence ruler mercury also in a water sign and water house more for MKate as her mercury is also in the 12th watery house while Ashley's is rescued by Airing the excess water in Air 11th house.
The most important and urgent attention is required to the recently activated aspect of the mutable Tsq.This aspect was activated by the April solar eclipse 29* Aries right on the NNode in the Ninth house which activates the natally fated accident. There is a need of extreme caution required at any foreign trip undertaken in the next 3 mths.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #14 - on: 22.10.2004 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Linda B

No wonder Mary-Kate is having romantic problems. Trans. Saturn (Oct 22) is in conj to her Venus and opp. her Mars. This aspect will last for several months!

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #15 - on: 20.04.2005 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User sreeram srinivas

I am an amatuer astrologer from India, looking for real birth data of twins with details of any specific events available for my research on evolving and define a methodology of analyzing the horoscope of twins.
I have numerous inputs and data collected but application of is pending for want of real data. I would be thankful to anyone who can provide/ give me access to any valuable data in this regard.  
The outcome of my research would be published for benefit / understanding / criticism ...etc. for benefit of providing scientific astrology.
with regards,

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #16 - on: 07.09.2005 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Ashley

Good job doing this! I sure learned a lot!!!!!!

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #17 - on: 10.09.2005 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Courtaney

i love mary-kate and ashley olsen

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #18 - on: 17.11.2005 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Justin-Noa

Hi Ashhley my name is Justin-Noa I love you so much because you are very special girl ....

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #19 - on: 16.12.2005 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User M

The wealth comes from the unaspected mercury (I refuse to use anything more than a 7 degree orb for any planet other than sun and moon) conjunct sirius, the great dog star sirius...and in mutual reception with mercury in virgo...mercury rules the 2nd house of personal finances and the 11th house of hopes and dreams and is placed in the 11th house of hopes and dreams, securing these two a fortune...
Strong Mars, Strong Jupiter, Strong Pluto, Strong Moon-Mercury by mutual reception...too much ease..even the apex of the t-square is in rulership...lots of money, no talent

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Current Planets
10-Jul-2014, 01:48 UT/GMT
Sun17Cancer45'45"
Moon14Sagittarius23'25"
Mercury27Gemini23'36"
Venus19Gemini45'53"
Mars22Libra11'56"
Jupiter28Cancer35'33"
Saturn16Scorpio44'15"r