Welcome as a guest in the Astrodienst forum. You can login to your Astro profile or register as a forum member.You can also remain in the guest status and navigate through this forum as a reader. 13.07.2014 at 01:12 [UT+1]

Forum Rules Home Help Search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Astro-Databank: John Edwards (Read 1284 times)
Astro-Databank
Global Moderator
Astrodienst Staff
Adb editor

Astro-Databank: John Edwards
« on: 02.02.2004 at 12:30 [UT] »

Discussion about
John Edwards, born 10 June 1953 at 07:02 AM in Seneca SC

This discussion is imported from the  comment board on the  previous astrodatabank.com website.

John Edwards likes to characterize himself as "a son of a mill worker going toe-to-toe with the son of a president." Identification with the common man has been a touchstone throughout his professional career as trial lawyer. His legal work has focused on representing regular people against large corporate interests. He won multimillion dollar settlements and become a multi-millionaire along the way. He probably does have more of a common touch than any other front runner. Let's find out what makes him tick.
  • Where is the David and Goliath fighter in his chart? Where is the passion to level the playing field between the haves and the have-nots?
  • How do you interpret the moon Jupiter conjunction in his chart?
  • In April 1996, his world stopped when his first born son was killed in an automobile accident. Can you see it in the natal chart? How else could this astrological configuration have manifested?

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

re: John Edwards
« Reply #1 - on: 02.02.2004 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Beth Havens

personal notes, odds and ends.... With Saturn Exhalted in Libra in the fourth house, 21 degrees being its most powerful in a whole chart, This man is most successful when he is on his home turf! when he feels at home. conjunct neptune shows he has an idealized vision of home and what it is and should be.  
I would suggest governor of South Carolina for a LONG time would be his most successful career. His being a lawyer is almost a given. Saturn being retrograde is a minor detriment given the degree of saturn house and sign.  
W's sun is a 12th house sun, Edwards has a 12th house sun, what is it with politicians and 12th house suns? sheesh!
His 5th house cusp is 12 scorpio, which is Trine US natal sun within one degree and where the sun will be theday after election day. Of course I suspect a lot of partying will be done on election day regardless.  
His natal Pluto is at 21 degrees of Leo, Pluto will be at 20 degrees of Sagitarius election day, so a nice trine.  
the moon will be conjunct his natal mercury on early election day (predawn hours) so he may wax poetic in the final hours.  
Venus will be trine his natal moon election day, so he will probably have the love and support of his wife and mother (which it sounds as though he already does)  
Saturn and Mercury will be trine his MC at 27 of cancer and scorpio, respectively. responsible communication giving him success.  
all in all I'd say it looks as though he would make a very good showing come election day. My personal thought is that with pluto and the sun coming together in John Kerry's chart, he will win the election. But that may just be my personal bias.  
Edwards pluto coming trine could be quite telling as W had that same aspect last election.  
Venus and Jupiter are both trine Edwards natal jupiter in Gemini on election day. Venus perfects on the fourth of november, when votes are far more certain.  
Frankly it looks as though whatever happens on election day will make Edwards very happy.  

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #2 - on: 02.02.2004 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Beth Havens

second note,  
to be less vague, Saturn conjunct neptune in Libra is what spurs Edwards to fight for equality.  
Jupiter moon conjunction in air, edwards is most successful when he aligns himself with smart women.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #3 - on: 02.02.2004 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Melvyn

Well, I'm not going to share with you what I've read folks, but I'm going to stick my Proverbial Neck out and say..HE WILL WIN and make a good CARING President, truly Innovative. His Communication skills are second to none and having Uranus with Murcury shows a SUPERMIND. Oh, don't forget the CANCER ASCENDANT...NURTURING and CARING.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #4 - on: 03.02.2004 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Ricardo Romero

Regarding death of JE's son: I believe JE's transit Pluto in 1996 was in natal 5th house. Hmmmm, this is a little scary for me, since I now have transit Pluto in my natal 5th house too. (I have two adult sons and enjoy a close relationship with them.) I have some ideas about what this transit means, and I have been "sort-of" able to deal with this troubling planet and transit. I am, however, very interested in learning more insights from the community of this forum. Please feel free to share your thoughts regarding this transit. Thanks, Ricardo

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #5 - on: 03.02.2004 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Samantha

Where is the David and Goliath fighter in his chart? Where is the passion to level the playing field between the haves and the have-nots? Uranus rising and North node in Aquaris.
How do you interpret the moon Jupiter conjunction in his chart? Moon Jupiter conjunction being a positive aspect, and in 11th house(dreams, goals, friends & career money), suggests that all his major efforts are likely to succeed, receives support from a large network of friends, especially women(Moon). The conjunction being in Gemini, also suggests a restless but intellectual mind. George Bush has the same conjunction but in Libra, so John Edwards may succeed in his Presidential campaign.
In April 1996, his world stopped when his first born son was killed in an automobile accident. Can you see it in the natal chart? How else could this astrological configuration have manifested? His natal chart, 5th house rulers are Pluto(death & regeneration) and Mars(violence). On this day transiting Pluto was retrograde, 2 degree 53' in Sagitarius in his 5th house, quincuxed his natal Venus in Taurus. In addition, transiting Venus was 1 degree in Gemini opposing Pluto. Transiting Neptune was 27 degree 35' in Capricorn, exactly quincuxed his natal Mars. Transiting Chiron(wounded healer) was retrograde 12 degrees in Libra in his 4th house. Quincuxs are subtle but sometimes very powerful.
 Some interesting things in his chart.....
1. Pluto in 2nd house( he became a millionaire). 2. Midheaven ruler Neptune conjunct Saturn in Libra( he became a lawyer). 3. Midheaven in Pisces( he fought for alchoholic, drug abused & disabled clients ). 4. Venus exalted in 10th house and 7th house ruler Saturn exalted in Libra, no wonder he has a strong, supportive & career oriented wife.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #6 - on: 03.02.2004 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Ms.Bozica Vujcic

I live in Slovenia, female, few years older than John. He is very nice man, looks like my ex great love from Vienna, Austria. I think, he likes older women than himself. If I were in US, I would vote him. He is something special. His Natal Chart shows, that he is very rich (Pluto in 2nd house, good aspects), that women are those, who are on his side. He is the only American Politician, I would like to meet (not because of money).
Ms.Bozica Vujcic Balos 9 4290 Trzic Slovenia Europe

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #7 - on: 03.02.2004 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Estebon Duarte CMA

With the Moon being the ruler of the Asc. (by sign), it's conjunction to Jupiter (who rules the Asc. by exaltation) in Gemini increases within Mr.Edwards persona the intellectual expression and action found in the amount of Air placements in the chart, this affects his professional life as Jupiter rules the sixth and tenth houses (Alcabitius houses/Ancient rulership). With Mercury rising, the intellectual communication of his Primary Motivation is compassionate and empathetic. However, all this would not be available to our scrutiny if Mr. Edwards had not first cultivated his opportunties for intellectual action and emotional sensitivities through the strong, self-sufficient placement of Venus (who rules the Asc. by triplicity) in the eleventh house as Jupiter and the Moon are more or less debilitated. Through the loving support of practical financially secure friends the professional security may be found (Venus rules the MC by exaltation) to initiate his motivations (compassion,intellectual expression) in an idealistic, ambitious fashion (Jupiter/ruler of 6th,10th,1st by exaltation conjunct Moon/ruler of 1st,11th by exaltation), thus finding a greater arena of action.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #8 - on: 03.02.2004 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Bill Lindsay

1. Level field...Air in this chart is extremely powerful...we have Mercury and Uranus rising, four influences in Gemini(including the Moon, his ruling planet, and Sun, who is no slouch), and Libra on the 4th House, with Saturn and Neptune there. Class distinctions are not an Air sign thing. I can see the small town charm, I can see the concern for the folks at home. 2. Moon-Jupiter...he is a youngish busy-bee, he is very restless with a variety of interests, probably has more than one home, and travels extensively. He probably does not consider himself(if you ask him) very incredibly smart, due to the 12th House influence on his Gemini planets, and his rising influences Mercury and Uranus in Cancer---though others would. He probably has a deep interest in and love for foreign things, and a sincere interest in others and their opinions, despite his own deep attachments. No doubt he has fond memories of places he has travelled to in the past, and he might have had an older sibling or friend as a mentor. I can see that also there may be an unconscious habit of being patronizing to those who seem less intelligent. 3. First Born...children, specifically the first child, are ruled by the 5th House. He has Scorpio there, so there is a strong unspoken bond to his first child, not obvious to all. Also indicates that this child may be physically vulnerable in some way, and with Pluto in Leo, this child might be overconfident in some respects, take risks, or be the victim of such. The 12th House is also very powerful, and this house would be the 8th House, if the 5th House were rising--Gemini bespeaks vehicles, so that child would need to exercise more caution in the use of such things. The Sun rules the sign that Leo is in, so there is a double caution, and Jupiter and Mars are no hold-backers, either.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #9 - on: 03.02.2004 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Jay

Edwards' Moon and Jupiter conjunction makes for a powerful Gajkesari Yoga (in Vedic Astrology), which gives strength and authority, and the ability to overcome challenges. No doubt, it accounts for his comeback from a devastating family tragedy.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #10 - on: 03.02.2004 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User

The Arabic Part of Children is in Scorpio. In a basic delineation this would indicate many children, though it's ruler Mars is afflicted within a sign of few children, Gemini of which Bonatti says "they do not live".

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #11 - on: 03.02.2004 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Pallas

You might be calling him PRESIDENT EDWARDS if you are using the US GEMINI rising chart.
We all know by now there are 5 (or more) different charts for the birth of the USA. Some use Sag rising chart, some use the Scorpio rising chart and many Financial astrologers use a Virgo rising chart while many other astrologers use the Gemini Rising Chart.
The USA Gemini rising chart has Ascendant at 7 Gemini, Uranus at 8 Gemini, Mars at 20 Gemini, Sun at 12 Cancer.
John Edwards' chart has Moon at 5 Gemini, Jupiter at 7 Gemini both conjunct the USA rising 7 Gemini and Uranus 8 Gemini. Edwards Sun 19 Gemini is conjunct Usa Mars at 20 Gemini. USA Sun at 12 Cancer is on the midpoint of Edwards Mercury/Uranus. His Mars and Fortuna at 17 Gemini are conjunct USA Mars at 20 Gemini. His Mercury at 7 Cancer is conjunct USA Jupiter at 5 Cancer. Edwards' Uranus is conjunct the USA Sun.
On Nov. 2 2004, Pluto transits opposite his Sun, a powerful push. Those are very very strong connections to the USA chart. Although by transit there isn't an aspect Conjunct his MC, there is a Mars trine to his MC.
A look at his progressions might give us some more confirmation.
"Edwards & USA GeminiProgressed Charts: It should be him - but..."
Edwards' progressed chart to Nov 2 2004 10:30 PM Jupiter conj P. Sun Venus conj. P. Mars USA Jupiter conj his N Uranus USA P Vertex trine his N MC USA P Fortuna conj his Prog Sun His Prog Asc. trines natal Venus.
all good, but this is not: his Prog Sat/Neptune opposes his Prog Moon.
AND two things are disturbing:
his 9th house representing the Supremes has USA Prog Mercury at 28 Aquar conj USA Prog Sun at 29 Aquar. Could this mean the interference of the Supremes YET AGAIN?
AND USA Prog Neptune opposes Edwards N. MC of 25 Pisces.
Something's wrong. The question is will Edwards lay down and roll over as Gore did. With USA Prog. Pluto at 29 Capricorn opposing Edwards" progressed Mercury/Mars conjunction, Will Senator Edwards fight? I think he will and move quickly verbally, even exposing some secret underhanded maneuverings by those who don't wish him well.
It looks to me that either the Supremes are going to force an adjustment on Edwards with the Mercury/Sun quincunx (forced adjustment) from the 9th house to Edwards' Mercury/Mars conjunction in his first or Senator Edwards will force the Supremes into an adjustment with the same inconjunct .
Yes. It;s back to Court again.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #12 - on: 07.02.2004 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Jane Griscti

Answers based on Alchabitius House cusps.
1. Where is the David and Goliath fighter in his chart? Where is the passion to level the playing field between the haves and the have-nots?
Mars, the warrior, in the 12th house of misery, suffering co-ruler of the 10th and 5th square the MC in compassionate Pisces shows a willingness to battle misery and suffering and that this will be incorporated into his professional life.
2. How do you interpret the moon Jupiter conjunction in his chart?
Probably the source of his "fast talking, fast walking, even handedness". Moon rules the Asc and in Gemini he would hunger for (Moon) speech, ideas, communication; Jupiter would expand this hunger and add an awareness of ethics and fair play. Mutability would incline him to quick changes.
Normally, in Gemini, would indicate these were of the mind more than the heart but with the nearness to the Moon there is also an emotional element.  
Drawback is Jupiter in detriment and Moon peregrine both disposited by a peregrine Mercury. Which suggests he has difficulties directing the energies and is not quite sure what to do with them. He may want to do big things, make huge changes for the better but have difficulty defining a practical means to acheiving them.
3. In April 1996, his world stopped when his first born son was killed in an automobile accident. Can you see it in the natal chart? How else could this astrological configuration have manifested?
5th House of children has Scorpio on the cusp with Mars ruler in the 12th, house of misery and suffering which is also derived 8th (death) from the 5th. Mars is trine Saturn (loss) in the 4th house of endings and the derived 12th from the 5th. Mars rules mechanical things and accidents and is in Gemini, which rules travel and children.
Part of Sons (Asc + Jupiter - Moon) is conjunct Uranus; indicating a sudden, unusual and unexpected event affecting sons.
Could also manifest as difficulties with career, possibly attracting verbally vicious enemies, rumours (Mars co-rules 10th and is in derived 3rd from 10th). Or stock market losses (5th rules risk, stocks).
The bio doesn't specifically mention any problems with secret enemies but with all those 12th House planets, especially the Sun and Mars, I would expect him to have at least two powerful enemies working against him, possibly generating rumours (planets in Gemini and Sun rules 3rd house of rumours). It may be something to watch for as the election nears.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #13 - on: 07.02.2004 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Joyce Benedict

It is curious that so many of the Democratic presidential hopefuls have Gemini Moons! Lieberman, Kerry, Edwards, Dean. Bush has air Libra Moon. That Moon/Jupiter conjunction is so fortunate. Am not happy with Saturn ready to cross his ascendant ala Grant Lewi. Gephart and Dean and edwards have Saturn ready to enter obscure period. However, Swartzenegger won with similiar cycle in California. His fresh, boyish charm and fresh, open ideas are uplifting. He reminds one of JFK, another Gemini who had Libra rising whereas John has the two Libra planets in 4th. I prefer this fellow over Kerry; he's a breath of fresh air. (Astro Databank, please give us Kerry's chart). With Mars in edwards tenth now, and Mercury soon to trine his Gemini influences, he could keep on ticking! Venus, Jupiter, Mars trine his Gemini positions come November. I am intrigued by the Uranus in Cancer in the first house; always the unexpected here, since it conjuncts the Sun of the US in Cancer he would bring revolutionary ideas on home, family, this country. This gives an original approach to all new beginnings, a strong will,dynamic leadership (Aries at MC Mars, ruler in 12th) unseen energy, directing behind the scene (many politicians, actors, film directors have strong placements in 12th). Uranus in first gives courage, resourcefulness.(he climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro)With Uranus ruler of the 8th, he can tap the resources from others with unexpected benefits coming his way. Will he conquer Saturn crossing ascendant like Swartzenegger? Let's hope so.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #14 - on: 09.02.2004 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Bettina Woolard

I won't comment on whether or not JE will be our next president, but I'd like to say something to you folks who think that Pluto in the 2nd house guarantees wealth. I have Pluto there, and I'm not wealthy. Neither are many of the other people whom I know with that placement. In the Vedic (also Western Sidereal) system, Moon rules the 2nd and is closely conjunct Jupiter. 5th (a benefic house) ruler is in the 11th, the house of gain. However, since the 2nd ruler (Moon) is in the 12th house of loss, and since the ruler of the 12th is in the 11th, I suspect that there has also been much expenditure of some sort. Remember, he comes from a working class family, and he may have had to put out a lot of income to get where he is now.
The second house (support and sustainance) also has to do with family (mainly the family from which one comes), and he not only has Pluto there, but also Ketu, which has to do with lack or diminishment in some way. This does not neccessarily mean that he doesn't love them, or that they didn't do right by him, but that they didn't have what it took, financially or in some other way, to support him in his endeavors. He is a self made man. Perhaps this is indicated by Sun cnj. Jupiter. Also ... Mercury, which is the asc. ruler, is on the asc. I believe ('tho I'd have to go back and check) that Arnold S, the new gov of CA, also has Mercury on his asc in Gemini, and he too is someone who has created (and recreated, again and again) himself. Asc. ruler on the asc. indicates someone whose self is oriented toward the cultivation of the self vis a vis the personality and appearance, therefore, they can be attractive and charming. I know of a young man with Moon on a Cancer asc aspected by Mars, and he works out daily to perfect his physique.
Mercury/Mars cnj points to a nervous and hyperallert disosition and possibly a temper, which isn't a wonderful trait in a prez. Moon and Sun both cnj Jupiter can't lose for winning, but whether or not that means he'll win the nomination and election remains to be seen.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #15 - on: 12.02.2004 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User r.j. astrologer

In spite of the great potential seen within John Edwards's personal birth chart, I will predict that he doesn't become president in 2004/2005. Over the next 18 months, he just doesn't have the solar arc directions and progessions necessary for promotion to the highest office in the land. In 2004, Edwards' natal Gemini Moon will be squared by transiting Uranus in Pisces, while transiting Pluto in Sagittarius opposes his natal Sun. These two challenging and important aspects are not inclined to bring Edwards to the presidency and his efforts will be blocked by unforeseen events. When a man's natal Moon is squared by Uranus (as is the case with Edwards) what this suggests is that all the previous "rules" of the game of life no longer apply ? Life is a "free for all" of sorts ? It's an exciting but unstable time for him, especially when dealing with females and domestic issues. One interpretation is that the females in his life at this time are brilliant and very talented (Uranus). The other interpretation is that his life is unstable and that females are unreliable, deceptive and are not going to bring him the stability he desires. Frequently, transits of Uranus require compromise and adjustment. If Edwards can free himself from his past and fly his vessel off the ground, a new order or chapter in his life is bound to emerge. Since the Moon does have rulership over the public and the electorate, the Moon-Uranus transiting square denotes sudden changes and swings in popularity. The good news is that Senator Edwards will prove to be a tenacious and skilled politician and it will be difficult for his opponents to blow him out of the water for good. The opposition transit of Pluto to his natal Mars in Gemini in the 12th house is also not auspicious politically. Edwards has many important planets in his 12th house and it may take the voters time to get to know him. When a person has many planets in the 12th house, people often cannot see such a person clearly since the person's public image is sometimes subject to distortion. The reason many of our leaders in government have a 12th house Sun is because public office requires much personal sacrifice and your ego often takes a beating ? Therefore, those with natal Sun in the 12th are more ready for the humiliation that surely happens when you eventually get booted out of office ? (i.e. Tony Blair)Smiley Having said all this, Edwards is a relatively fit and fortunate young man and he can go the full "15 rounds" (i.e. future elections), if he learns from his mistakes ? The ruler of his Pisces 10th house (Neptune) in the 4th suggests that his greatest political strength and personal appeal is on his "home turf" of South Carolina and in the south ? Natal Saturn (also in 4th house) does suggest delays and limitations, politically, but Saturn in Libra is well aspected and he could overcome great odds. However, his natal Uranus in the 1st house does square this Saturn/Neptune configuration, which means that he will have difficulties winning the approval (and votes) of the establishment big business corporations. I would suggest that Edwards is a better candidate for vice-president or attorney general, versus the presidency ?
r.j.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #16 - on: 18.02.2004 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Nancy

Others have answered your specific questions better than I could. I believe Kerry has the best chance to be president simply because of Saturn transits. Of the three current contenders (Kerry, Edwards and Bush), Kerry is the only one with a rising Saturn transit (in his 8th house). Saturn will be starting a long transit of the obscure part of Edwards' chart. His focus will need to shift inward and become more personal. Bush has a Saturn transit of his 12th house (it's retrograded back into his 11th until this spring). Not only will he have Saturn transitting his 12th house (usually a very difficult few years) but also a Saturn return and transit of his Sun!!! For those who believe he did not earn the presidency, this transit could be his undoing...chickens come home to roost.
But that's just my opinion...I could be wrong. Smiley

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #17 - on: 10.03.2004 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Eleanor

This is a comment about John Kerry's chart with the 8:03 AM birthtime. As a leader, he would be open, upfront, and frank; he is fair and just as well as adaptable. Very unlike the current leader with Sun in the 12th house and addiction to secrecy and deception. While his opponents see Kerry's adaptability as "flop-flopping," their lack of vision could be seen as stubbornly narrow-minded. When Kerry first declared his candidacy, Pluto was moving back and forth over his Sagittarius Sun and Gemini Moon. That could have made him seem lacking in warmth. But that has changed now that Pluto has moved beyond the exact conjunction and opposition to the lights. The Gemini stellium seems to have manifested as his great speaking and writing skills. What do you bet Bush "plays hookie" on any debates with him?

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #18 - on: 05.05.2004 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Laura Perkins

The David and Goliath fighter in John Edwards' chart? I'm not sure, but I see a lot of idealism in his chart with all that 12th house and with the ruler of his 7th house of relationships, Saturn, conjunct idealistic Neptune. I think his desire to level the playing field between the haves and have-nots could perhaps be attributed to those same indicators of idealism, but also the balancing activity of the Saturn/Neptune being in Libra. Also, Uranus conjunct the ascendant and north node in Aquarius give him an egalitarian focus.
I see the Moon-Jupiter conjunction as being an indicator of his obvious joviality, especially since the Moon is the ruler of his 1st house. John Edwards always seems to be cheerful even in the face of difficulty and challenge. It's one of the things that has won me over to become a strong supporter of his! He seems to have a joyful attitude no matter how hard life gets, and it's inspiring to watch.
I think I'd rather not comment about any astrological indicators that might have manifested in Wade's death. I'm just sorry it happened to such a wonderful family.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #19 - on: 08.07.2004 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Jennifer

Now we have a Kerry-Edwards "marriage". Thoughts?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Current Planets
13-Jul-2014, 00:12 UT/GMT
Sun20Cancer33'32"
Moon28Capricorn9'11"
Mercury29Gemini49'11"
Venus23Gemini17' 9"
Mars23Libra32'12"
Jupiter29Cancer14'25"
Saturn16Scorpio41'38"r