Welcome as a guest in the Astrodienst forum. You can login to your Astro profile or register as a forum member.You can also remain in the guest status and navigate through this forum as a reader. 02.09.2014 at 14:59 [UT+1]

Forum Rules Home Help Search  
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Astro-Databank: Sydney Omarr (Read 269 times)
Astro-Databank
Global Moderator
Astrodienst Staff
Adb editor

Astro-Databank: Sydney Omarr
« on: 07.01.2003 at 12:30 [UT] »

Discussion about
Sydney Omarr, born 5 August 1926 at 11:27 AM in Philadelphia PA

This discussion is imported from the  comment board on the  previous astrodatabank.com website.

The most famous astrologer that ever lived died in LA last week. Sydney Omar was syndicated in more than 300 daily newspapers and sold more than 40 millions books. In his heyday, he was a poised and popular guest on many talk shows articulately and effectively making the case for astrology. Being "the astrologer to the stars" and hinging out amongst the glamorous set also help spread his fame. Women adored him, but he was humble enough to admit, "They love the astrology, not me." His life ended up somewhat like a Greek tragedy. He was diagnosed with MS in 1971 which resulted in him being paralyzed from the neck down and losing his eyesight in the early 90's. The blind seer propped up on silk pillows in bed loved his work and continued dictating horoscope columns until he died.
  • What makes this the chart of the most widely published astrologer that ever lived?
  • Can you find the image for the blind paralyzed seer in the chart?
  • His chart has Pluto conjunct Venus and both square the Ascendant all by one degree. How did this tight configuration play out in his life?

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

re: Sydney Omarr
« Reply #1 - on: 08.01.2003 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Francois Etienne

I've never seen such a horrible chart. It is the chart of a man who was an alcoholic, criminal, possibly a murderer who concealed his crime, for sure an alcoholic, and unmistakably died of AIDS. The chart is a "bucket chart" with no redeeming features. The stellium shows a combust Mercury which always leads to confusion and in Leo with Neptune would indicate a love of publicity or attention -- but the wrong kind. The conjunction of Venus, Moon, Pluto and North Node always indicate a criminal, murderer, public notoriety, and sexual indiscretions -- especially at his mid heaven it's Pluto and North Node -- the unfavorable aspect is that the Moon is on the ascendent on the mid heaven. The opposition of a retrograde Jupiter from Neptune in Leo - trine a Saturn in Scorpio is also malific, which I interpret as alcoholism. This chart has no harmonious aspects to its Sun,--- the Greater Light, Jupiter, is badly placed and only aspects Saturn and Neptune in a bucket chart hmmh. something is definitely wrong. Either this chart is not that of Syndey Omarr or either the public relations machine has outdone itself with lies about someone. I know one thing, the charts never lie. I see nothing to indicate a blind, paralyzed seer in this chart. I see nothing to indicate public fame, either. It is a horrible bucket chart that belongs to a murderer. Having heard Syndey Omarr's voice over the years, I do have trouble believing this is his chart. I also have serious doubts about the accuracy of the birth information, especially the TIME of day of birth. The location would not affect the houses that much in the United States. With him being an experienced astrologer, he surely would not even have published his REAL chart, knowing the accuracy of astrology and being in the military, knowing how the Nazis and Hitler used it against their enemies. So, think about it but something is definitely wrong here. Either the chart is not Sydney Omarr's, the birth data is wrong, or we have been fed a bunch of inaccurate information by a hyped up public relations machine eager to sell more books and newspapers at any cost, even at the sacrifice of truth and honesty. I disagree that he was the only GI assigned to astrology -- it is obvious that the U.S. invasion of the country of Panama was astrologically timed by the military - when Manuel Noriega was eventually found hiding in a Roman Catholic embassy. The invasion took place at night for astrological reasons more than for cover of darkness.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #2 - on: 08.01.2003 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Nina Holly

1.What makes this the chart of the most widely published astrologer that ever lived? Pluto on the Midheaven won't hurt in gaining great fame, though I have seen it in charts of those working for intelligence and espionage agencies, where anonymity is crucial (of course, in such cases, the 12th house inevitably comes into play). For a clearer indication of fame through publication I look to the 9th house of publishing and astrology, ruled by Mercury in the 11th. By itself, the 11th does not mean fame, but having the Sun on the cusp can certainly indicate wide-ranging influence of one's ideas.  
2.Can you find the image for the blind paralyzed seer in the chart? First, MS is an auto-immune disease, where the body's immune system turns against itself, not recognizing its own components as "self." The unaspected Chiron (the wounded healer) conjunct Mars (aggression) in the 7th is one piece of the puzzle. This combination shows intense energy turned against oneself, seemingly coming from the outside (the 7th), but in reality coming from within but having no outlet (no aspects). Second, Mercury conjunct the Sun suggests vision, literal or metaphorical. The two planets' semisquare to Uranus in the 6th (in my experience, indicative of a seemingly karmic health condition) suggests an unusual and sudden affliction to the eyes.
3.His chart has Pluto conjunct Venus and both square the Ascendant all by one degree. How did this tight configuration play out in his life? Interestingly, this is the same combination that has helped propel Omarr to fame. Venus and Pluto's square to the Ascendant suggests difficulty with maintaining relationships, particularly those with women. Omarr probably had difficulty toning the charisma down in private, wanting to exert his power over those close to him regardless of the setting. Venus on the Midheaven, on the other hand, likes nothing better than the easy carelessness of wine, women, and song (and a Sun in Leo often won't say no to those, either). The Pluto-Venus combination must have made him pretty demanding of his spouses and lovers.
Finally, I'd like to comment on the previous posting by Anonymous - I certainly agree that it is a powerful chart, what with the bucket configuration, etc. However, I hesitate to gauge someone's inherent goodness/badness from charts, because we all have free will and can use our inherent power as we wish. It reminds me of something Stephen Arroyo wrote, that the chart is only the conduit for the energy and spiritual level of the person; it's like having a "10000 watt consciousness" flowing through the chart, utilizing the higher potentials described there. Or someone could be very unspiritual, yet have the same chart and utilize its lower potentials instead.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #3 - on: 09.01.2003 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Franny

I know Sydney Omarr was a Leo, having read one of his books and feel confident this is his chart. The Sun and Moon are both in their own signs, but the Cancer Moon is better situated with trines to Saturn, and through Venus in Cancer, the Moon is associated with the Ascendant. I think this shows his social skills, being of service, were related to his relationship to his mother. She made him feel special, singled out. Then Pluto right on Venus shows an intensity about relationships where he's recapturing his early childhood (Cancer). He identified himself through close emotional ties. His share of his mother's attention was probably quite high, and excluded the father in some way. This made him expect a lot from women and get a lot of support from them. Perhaps he felt he could not recapture the original relationship. At any rate, his father does not fare so well going by the solar squares to Saturn. He wasn't as close to his father, and this had something to do with how he and his mother related. There would not be this Leo/Cancer distinction otherwise and the difference between the situation of the lights. This primary triangle, mother, father, son created a need in him to excel, and to excel as a person who could be comparable to "famous people." I say this because Jupiter opposes Neptune, and Jupiter is in the 5th house, which is often about giving love. He loved to be involved in the give and take of love/friendship, with famous people if possible, by using his mind to analyze them. This gave him detachment and he could console them in a way. He was quite intense about making money and owning nice things. He did this partly for socializing, but with Saturn in the 2nd, might have been or felt restricted by his father's way of handling money, did not get financial support from the father, or felt restricted by his own social standing. He wanted more out of life than he learned at home. This is a sort of quick read. Like the second writer (whose comments I enjoyed) I don't think you can judge the natal chart as being that of a murderer until and unless the deed is done. I don't see violence here, but a perhaps too a high regard for social standing due to the mother's outlook. He found a life's work he could play at and enjoy like a child. That's saying a lot. Goodbye Sydney.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #4 - on: 09.01.2003 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Dan Barkye

Hail to thee, Sidney! I grew on your knees, you know, as many of us, in this community of our sublime art. Rest in peace and show us the way, from above as you did from here. See you later, Dan And to our matter at hand, now, but not before a word or two to Anonimous, whose own comment can not go unanswered. Suffice it to say, that it has some gross mistakes, like mentioning the trine to Sat from Nep or Jup -it's not clear - while there's a T-sq, in this config. On... A murderer and/or alcoholistic? Do you really not see the trine from Sat to the con of Ven/Plu? If this is not a check and supercheck, then Sat is a lax superviser!! Yes, Sidney was, in all probability, a narcissist, w Lib as Asc and its significator, Ven, on MC and w Plu and all that; he, probably, had an inclination to spoil the party w Ven con Plu and some very hard sexual times, w that con, too; he had a propensity to talk and even loved it, much too much so, probably, w Mer where it's put and its op to Jup, but, no, no, no, not a what you said, Anon, not at all!! Oh, and by the way, Anon, there is a school of thought, which is very logical to my mind, that Mer can not be combust, by virtue of it being always in the Sun radius of 28 deg's, always on and off in the Sun yard...  
To the q's, at last...
1 - Publicity -- The answer lies in the op of Sun/Mer/Nep stellium to Jup; this is "inflation" of publishing of every kind, and so it was: books, radio, tv, Mer being the ruler of Gem on 9th and Jup, being the ruler of 6th (work) and 3rd (talk and Sag, again 9th by implication). This config worked, also, as a speaker for the community to which he belonged, the Astrological one, in this case, Mer being, practically, the ruler of 11th.  
2 - Blindness -- The Nebulous Areas/Spots/Stars - the fixed stars Castor and Polux (19 & 22 Can, respectively) and North and South Aselli (6 & 7 Leo, respectively), in this case - in an angle, in 10th, w Sun there, which is afflicted by sq to Sat; the proximity of Mo to 10th cusp (and so w the said fixed stars in proxy) and in sq to the Asc, is conducive to this, too.
3 - The stellium Plu Ven (NN) in sq to Asc -- narcissism, sexual problems, w/o doubt; the nature is karmic, mother, self; I'd say a heavy self-satisfier. That women loved him, is to be put at the door of the magnetism of Plu's dark nature and sexuality, transfered to Ven, no doubt. The man was of an overbearing, restricting and coercing nature, spoiling the party and the good time and feeling of his partner/s. I may add an egotism, a self-centrism, here.  
In Memoriam, Dan.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #5 - on: 09.01.2003 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Robert von Heeren

Very active Centaurs in his chart! Some short examples: A close Chiron-Mars-conjunction in his seventh house => the wounded (Chiron, his MS) but action (Mars) or the active (Mars) healer and seer (Chiron). Nessus in conjunct with his descendant: a strong impression onto others, affects. Sharp words. Asbolus (in mythology one of the leaders of the Centaurs and an augur) in exact opposition to his Mercury-Sun-conjunction. Again a quality of a seer. More info about the Centaurs with free interactive online ephemerides at http://www.centaurresearchproject.de/menu/
Robert

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #6 - on: 09.01.2003 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User JoElle LeVitre

What makes this the chart of the most widely published astrologer that ever lived? Having Uranus (symbolizing ASTROLOGY) in the 6th (WORK)ruled by Jupiter (HUGE) aspecting Pluto (POWER) with north node (DESTINY), very close to Aries point (FAME), also aspecting the conjunction of Sun and Mercury (THE WRITER) in Leo (THE KING) in the 10th house (HIGHEST ACHIEVEMENT), and with mercury ruling the populated 9th house (PUBLISHING)........it's no wonder. (king astrologer and prolific published writer destined for huge fame and power at work)

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #7 - on: 09.01.2003 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Carol Perkins

Above all else, astrology is a study that shows that we cannot be judgemental. Anon. could do nothing else but sign the comments Anon.  

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #8 - on: 09.01.2003 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Martha LaBar

I have followed Sydney for years, bought his books and followed along. I feel i have lost an old frend.
Only other person to compare with would be Marguerite Carter. She was talented also.
My abelity lies in a different dirrection however I always followed Him.
He will be sorely missed.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #9 - on: 09.01.2003 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Marlene

1). What makes this the chart of the most widely published astrologer that ever lived?  
2). His chart has Pluto conjunct Venus and both square the Ascendant all by one degree. How did this tight configuration play out in his life?  
Using Koch houses, Saturn in Scorpio is a key planet in this chart. And what better planet could be chosen to organize and direct (key Saturn functions) such a chart? Sydney's second house Saturn in Scorpio suggests that he had a firm value system that expressed itself through success (second house Saturn in Scorpio trine MC in Cancer), and that he structured his values (Second house Saturn) to participate in his life goals (second house Saturn trine his MC and ninth house stellium).
Sydney's chart is very sensitive and emotional, which stems from his prominent Cancer stellium having its ruler, the Moon, conjunct the ruler of his Ascendent, which governs both his intimate self (Moon) and his immediate interpersonal expression (Ascendant). This suggests that his personality was invested in nurturing others (Venus, ruler of his Ascendant, conjunct his dignified Moon in Cancer, squaring his Ascendant) through teaching and promoting his beliefs (ninth house). I would say that on a personal level, Sydney's love astrology came from an internal need (Moon) to find emotional security (Cancer) in a belief system (ninth house) that converses with his values (Second house ruled by Pluto in Cancer, which is located in the ninth, trining his second house Saturn in Scorpio--which it rules). With Saturn trining his MC, he desired to be a truly powerful (MC/Pluto) authority figure (Saturn in Scorpio ruled by Pluto/MC) regarding the themes that evolved from this personal (emphasis on Cancer) dialogue (trine) between his beliefs and values (ninth and second house connection).  
However, his statement that "it's the astrology not me" suggests that a sadness accompanied his tremendous abilities. Sydney's ideals and beliefs shaped his life goals (eleventh and ninth house rulers, Sun and Mercury, conjunct in the tenth house) and also possibly his personality (Sun and Mercury, with aforementioned connections, sextiling his Ascendant), but he might have felt disassociated from human relations, outside of his career, possibly thinking that no one loved him except for his talent (Ruler of his Ascendant, Venus in the Cancer stellium, conjunct his MC square his Ascendant), and that he had to achieve to be loved. His seventh house Mars in Taurus, which rulers his seventh house cusp, looks awfully lonely, with its sole companion Chiron, in the house of partnerships. No doubt he was confronting a significant wound through actively (Mars) searching for a comfortable value based relationship (Taurus in the Seventh), which seems to have been a challenge despite his immense popularity. The fact that his Mars is so isolated and his Venus so aspected, suggets that he might of had greater powers of attraction than assertion in his personal life. Mars in Taurus is strong, sensual and perservering. However, Taurus is a feminine and passive sign tending to wait until it is acted upon before asserting its energy; but once it sets itself to a task it is consistent and formidable energy. It would seem that in the intimate relationships area of Sydney's life, he would be most inclined to respond strongly to those who activated his Mars in Taurus through synastry, which would allow him to experience his passions. However, when no such involvement was likeley, he probably took the most comfortable route (Taurus) and enjoyed his colleagues as close and intimate friends (Mars in Taurus ruled by Venus, which is described above).  
He was definitely the right person to present astrology to the masses. Many aspects in his chart suggest that he wanted to communicate (third house) his personal beliefs (religious Jupiter in the fifth house of self-expression ruling the third) to the masses (his fifth house Jupiter in Aquarius energizes his Saturn with a square, and his Saturn is the apex of his T-square involving the Neptune/Jupiter opposition, which trines his MC/Pluto/Venus/Moon/ N. Node stellium with Pluto ruling Saturn). He epitomized "practice what you preach" through his second and ninth house linkage, which lent credence to what he had to say to the masses.  
His second house Saturn trining his MC/Pluto/Venus/Moon/ N. Node stellium suggests he would gain much financial security from his career in publishing, as well as tremendous fame with the aspect Moon/N. Node in Cancer conjunct Cancer MC.
[continued in next posting]

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #10 - on: 09.01.2003 at 12:30 [UT] »

[continued from posting above:] by Marlene
Moon in the tenth/MC, or Moon conjunct one of the nodes, is a strong indicator of fame. Sydney had both, and with Venus thrown in, which is the ruler of his ascendant and seventh house Mars, he had tremendous projection of charm and charisma. Add to it, the fact that, Pluto conjuncts Venus, and you can readily see the source of his irresistible charm. All houses of appearances (the Ascendant, seventh and the MC) were associated with Venus and intensified through the conjunction to Pluto, and joined with the aspects noted for fame (Moon in the tenth, Moon/N. Node conjunction). This is surely a signature of super charisma

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #11 - on: 09.01.2003 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Southern Cross

Lucky Jupiter rules Sydney Omarr´s third house of writing, and shows his good fortune as the world´s most widely published astrologer. The T-square from Scorpio Saturn to Aquarius Jupiter opposing Leo Sun-Mercury-Neptune allowed him to realize his potential as an optimistic(Jupiter), well-organized(Saturn), and idealistic(Neptune) communicator(Mercury). One of Brazil´s top astrologers and my first teacher Waldyr Bonadei Fücher of São Paulo is another 1926 Leo with similar characteristics.  
 We agree with "The Warrior Goddess" that paralysis and blindness relate in part to the "unaspected" Chiron-Mars conjunction. For those who feel the soul(identified with the Moon) exists before and after death, further light is shed by the natal North and South Lunar Nodes forming a semi-quincunx and 105* angle with Mars-Chiron, respectively. These aspects relate to health problems and death. In 1971, when Multiple Sclerosis appeared, the progressed Ascendant hit natal Saturn at 20*Scorpio. Saturn rules the IC and fourth(home, homeland, and the circumstances at the end of life). Sydney was on Okinawa when Hiroshima and Nagasaki were bombed on 6-9Aug1945, as Saturn exactly transited his MC. Okinawa had been the scene of such bitter fighting that Truman opted for killing hundreds of thousands of civilians to end the war quickly rather than mounting a conventional invasion of Japan. As Sydney now leaves the physical plane in 2003, his converse Ascendant(using Naibod Solar Arcs)= natal Mercury at 15*49´Leo. On 17Jun1971, when the US finally agreed to return Okinawa to Japan, the South Node= 15*49´Leo, while trMars at 18*Aquarius semi-sextiled the IC, as it also did retrograde on his 1971 Solar Revolution. Even if the spirits of Shuri Castle didn´t curse Sydney for bringing American vices to conquered Naha, these most unusual synastries show his chart was definitely fated for difficulties. Not to get into a polemic with the critics of "Anonymous", but another famous 1926 Leo has been feted in Hollywood and seen as a murderous criminal in Miami. Once known by the nickname "Horse", the former star athlete and lawyer Fidel Castro has Sagittarius-rising, rather than the erroneously reported Scorpio Ascendant.
 Omarr´s Venus-Pluto conjunction in the ninth house of values manifested itself as transformational experiences abroad(Okinawa, Mexico), attraction to and from women, and some vice-related financial involvement. While he gave up using astrology to predict odds for gamblers, "Sydney Omarr slot machines" were recently brought onto the market.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #12 - on: 09.01.2003 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Anthony Louis

With three planets and the Moon's North Node in the 9th house, it is not surprising that he was successful at publishing. The 9th also has to do with forecasting future trends and is often tenanted in charts of astrologers. His Ascendant ruler Venus conjoins his Midheaven Ruler the Moon in Cancer in the 9th, giving his a strong identification with 9th house matters in both the personal and career arenas. Ascendant ruler Venus conjoins 2nd ruler Pluto and the North Node very close to the Midheaven. We sometimes forget that Pluto means "rich one," and that Pluto (the Greek Hades) was a god of both death and fertility/ abundance. Such a pronounced Pluto often indicates a singular talent, here for publishing, philosophy, and higher knowledge. The trine between Saturn in the 2nd and the conjunction of MC/Pluto/Venus/North Node/Moon is a powerful configuration that shows his earning a living through a singular talent involving publishing. The blind paralyzed astrologer may be shown by the 6th house Uranus sequiquadrate the Sun/Mercury conjunction. Here Mercury rules his unfortunate 12th house and Uranus is disposed by 6th cusp ruler Neptune which lies in square with Saturn, suggesting chronic insidious health problems. When he was first diagnosed in 1971, transiting Uranus crossed his natal Ascendant and transiting Saturn squared his natal Sun, semisquared natal Uranus, opposed natal Saturn, and squared natal Neptune during the course of that year.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #13 - on: 10.01.2003 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Connie

Warrior Goddess has interesting comments about Omarrs relationships. Other people were timely and thought provoking..Id like to add my comments on his personal life.
venus conjunct Pluto DOES create a demanding sexual person but with strong emotional needs(Moon in Cancer also) but alot of those needs do not get met as Mars and Chiron are square that area. Never met a mars in 7th house person that was truely comfortable with women and/or saught women to fight with. Mars in 7th show a person more comfortable with the guys, venus and moon in cancer suggest women are his nurturors and vice-versa. With Aries on his 7th he demands control and the Cancer shows hes Just a HOME BOY at heart--in otherwords conventional relationships where he man-she woman please him the most! Capricorn on 4th is rather conventional and proper also. Jupiter in aquarius in 5th is far less so..suspect he experimented sexually once in awhile..jupiter in aquarius likes to be--idealistically at least--OPEN to enthusiasm and spark whereever it is!  
Vesta 17 Leo is close to his sun and Mercurty giving insight, some of those insights are kept to himself however with ceres and Pallas in his 11th and 12th--yet able to acquire much data and remember details. Encourages his skill andproficiency in his uranus type profession..Uranus in Pices in the 6th(job or talant to sell). Uranus in 6th does not always have stable employment as circumstances around him continually shift--besides he needs excitement and emotional fulfillment(alot of it) in and exciting but meaningful employment. Those kinda of jobs are hard to find--SO HE MADE ONE!

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #14 - on: 10.01.2003 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Ramona

Many grateful thanks to all the astrologers who are interpreting the chart of this great man. My learning curve has just gone to 90 degrees by reading your comments. I am studying constantly, now in my 3rd year and very hesitant to put my thoughts down about any interpretation. All the writers make interesting points, and they all seem to have value. It demonstrates the very interesting variety of analyses for this 'unexact science' Thanks to all of you who take the time.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #15 - on: 10.01.2003 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Jane Griscti

These are really random comments on what the symbology suggests to me rather than an attempt to answer the questions.
The 3rd House of writing has Sag, the natural sign of the 9th house, on it's cusp: he wrote about his philosophy (Sag). It's ruler, Jupiter, is in Aquarius (sign of astrology) in the 5th: he wrote abundantly (Jupiter) and with pleasure (5th) on Aquarian topics.  
Jupiter also rules his 6th house of work and is in Mutual Reception with Uranus (astrology) in Pisces in the 6th: his daily activities were focused on astrology (Uranus).
Saturn in Scorpio in the 2nd: he earned (Saturn) his money (2nd) from occult (Scorpio) pursuits.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #16 - on: 11.01.2003 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User IAM

Happy New Year all!
The astrological world mourns, perhaps, its most famous writer! Buon voyage, Sydney!
The most striking placements to me were:
1-Uranus in the 6th house very close to the Cardinal Point of zero Aries indicating pioneering work that would change the world. Selling 40 million copies of anything astrological certainly sounds like he changed our world; talk about recognition for the field! Any planet at zero Aries is incredibly powerful. Uranus rules astrology!
2-The Sun conjunct Mercury: the communicative ability of Gemini for any planet conjunct the Sun colors the Sun tremendously. In the sign Leo it speaks to the creative ability within his communicative skills.
3-The North Node at the MH: indicating a destiny of fame if not fortune!
4-ruler of the 3rd house in Mr. Omar's chart is Jupiter (publishing) and it is in the sign that rules astrology, Aquarius, and again creative in nature by its placement in Leo's house.
5-9th house planets especially the Moon. The 9th house is a house with visionary potential. Almost always strong in the chart of published authors and in those who see beyond tomorrow. This Moon placement also speaks, as any elevated Moon most often will, to someone who attains popularity (the Moon rules the public) and comes before the masses.
Running back to football. God bless. Please pray for peace! Thanks.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #17 - on: 12.01.2003 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Carole Hemingway

Dramatic, magnetic and totally charming, yep, that about sums up Leo Sun. But humble, I think not. He had a regal air about him, even though he was physically short, he still carried himself with that Leo sense of dignity, they are so famous for. This is"why" others were drawn to him. Really friendly and outgoing, easy to talk to and very approachable (Libra Rising). However, his accomplishment on a national level, 300 daily newspapers, sales of more than 40 million books came a little "too naturally" to him. In my astrological opinion, he was a dictator when it came to the astrology world and was responsible for everyone believing that Sun Sign columns and books were real astrology. He was a fraud. He sold his soul, and his gifts for big bucks! He sat like a judge in an astrological pulpit, pushing "his view" which he sold to the public. His Sun-Mercury in the 10th house is what got him his fame and fortune, literally as well as figuratively and it is what brought out his Leo pride; but don't forget that "pride goes before a fall" and his Leo Sun-Mercury squared his Mars in Taurus (a longer stretch to the Mercury, opposed his Jupiter in Aquarius and squared his Saturn in Scorpio...he was NOT a nice man. He was argumentative and a man who achieved his goals by force, antagonizing other more savvy astrologers. He was his own worst enemy because of his brash, aggressive behavior. His temper outbursts were unflattering. How do I know these things? I was attending lectures in California when we met. His charm wanted to make me barf! Transit Uranus was in Libra, in his first house and in the process of squaring his Cancer planets, along with squares to his 4th/10 houses. He was in a wheelchair at the time, so the M.S. had kicked in, thanks to transit Uranus in Libra. I told him, "you're in that wheelchair because you screwed decent astrologers out of recognition and manipulated an ignorant public. You cared nothing for educating the public, all you cared about was fattening your bank account and being a greedy little pig, in servicing yourself, not us, and certainly not the public." Everyone gasped. I never regretted what I said because he was not a nice man. He was an injured child of Saturn in Scorpio. His Sun opposite Jupiter was very extravagant and he pissed money away faster than he earned it. He wanted more and more and more, quicker and faster. He created his own life as we all do, but his became that of physical disability (Sun square Saturn in fixed signs) along with hardships and still he didn't get it. He was a weak man. His Mercury-Saturn fixed square made him a controlling, dishonest schemer. With Jupiter-Saturn fixed square he had poor judgment due to poor planning and I'm sure his share of lawsuits. His Mercury-Neptune conj. in Leo lived in a dream world of his own importance and he dragged an unsuspecting public into that world deceiving them big time! His Jupiter-Saturn fixed square seldom brought him happiness and he was often under pressure to do more than he was capable of, like actually studying and analyzing charts. He was basic Sun sign and thats what he pedaled to the public. His Moon-Venus square his Ascendant in cardinal signs gave him problematic relationships including marriage. He had no social graces. His Saturn-Neptune square was the fascade he hid behind for he was a man who always feared being found out, or being inadequate with an inferiority complex. I am sure he had various phobias and from what I saw of him personally and observed, his behavior was peculiar. His Pluto-Ascendant square had a tendency for aggressive and antisocial behavior. Lawsuits are common and divorce is a given. He'd kiss you and nurture you, then when you weren't looking, would strike like a cobra when he didn't get what he wanted. His Moon-Pluto conj. was an overbearing personality that eventually drove people from him when they got to know him. How he could manipulate women, he was a master at that. He was often defensive, impatient, petty, push and demanding of his friends and associates. What he was good at, was not astrolgy as much as he used it to manipulate others. With his track record in relationships, I'm truly surprised he didn't attempt suicide. His public image was molded and produced by a clever marketing staff who were probably underpaid (Saturn in his second house). Having M.S. became a good sales approach. His Cancer planets square his Asc. could create feelings of helplessness and dependency, but that was a result of his power and intensity being blocked as a result. Lousie Hay ("You Can Heal YOur Life") defines Multiple Sclerosis as: "Mental hardness (Mercury-Saturn square), hard-heartedness (Venus square Asc.), iron will (MoonPluto conj), inflexibility (Sun-Mercury-inLeo in square to his Saturn in Scorpio).
[continued in next posting]

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #18 - on: 12.01.2003 at 12:30 [UT] »

[continued from posting above:] by Carole Hemingway
Fear (which is Saturn after all). In spite of all the money he made, he was never safe or free. He was a very sad man. When his eyesight failed him in the 90's, transit Pluto was in Scorpio in square to his Leo planets. He was not liking what he saw in his own life. What he created and manifested was his fear of seeing the real "Sydney Omarr."

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #19 - on: 12.01.2003 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User IAM

Regarding the comments of the first contibutor: the diagnosis often tells more about the diagnoser than the diagnosee.
Astrology is a tool, an art and a science for understanding human nature; its gifts and its challenges.  
Judgement has no place in the soul of the true astrologer, mystic or spiritual pathwalker. Wouldn't this Earth be a far better place if we all walked a mile in others moccasins.
Sincerest condolances to the Omar family and behalf of the astrological community I would like to apologize for the comments made by those unenlightened souls who make a mockery out of a beautiful and enlightening spiritual art.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Current Planets
2-Sep-2014, 13:59 UT/GMT
Sun10Virgo1'54"
Moon11Sagittarius29'17"
Mercury0Libra31'36"
Venus26Leo7'59"
Mars22Scorpio35' 8"
Jupiter10Leo29'18"
Saturn18Scorpio9' 6"