Welcome as a guest in the Astrodienst forum. You can login to your Astro profile or register as a forum member.You can also remain in the guest status and navigate through this forum as a reader. 30.09.2014 at 22:53 [UT+1]

Forum Rules Home Help Search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 10
Send Topic Print
Astro-Databank: Scott Peterson (Read 484 times)
Astro-Databank
Global Moderator
Astrodienst Staff
Adb editor

Astro-Databank: Scott Peterson
« on: 02.12.2004 at 12:30 [UT] »

Discussion about
Scott Peterson, born 24 October 1972 at 09:36 AM in San Diego CA

This discussion is imported from the  comment board on the  previous astrodatabank.com website.

A grisly crime, a tangle of evidence, a high-profile attorney and a long trial intensely covered by the media have made Scott and Laci Peterson household names since Laci's disappearance in December 2002. Now that Scott has been convicted of murder, let's review his chart for what it might reveal about him.
  • Most family and friends of criminals will protest the conviction of their loved one, exclaiming, "But s/he was such a good kid!" But in this case, Scott Peterson seemed to have earned his designation of "good kid." He excelled in his chosen sport, had a good academic record, worked hard, and had involved parents. What happened? Did he change or was he able to fool nearly everyone he knew? Where is the astrological evidence that might indicate such a discrepancy between the young Scott and the person he seems to have become?
  • The prosecution portrayed Peterson as a man with a desperate need for freedom from responsibility of a wife and child. What clues does his chart yield about this or other motives for such a heinous crime?  
  • Scott was the youngest of several siblings and his parents' only child together. His childhood seemed to have been happy. What does his chart reveal about his view of his parents, siblings and childhood experiences?
  • What does his chart reveal about the quality of his marriage and his feelings about being a husband and father?

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

re: Scott Peterson
« Reply #1 - on: 02.12.2004 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Gale Carrier

I don't care if you publish this or not but from my experience as an astrologer one key aspect here is his 7th house saturn. I've seen that in many charts of people who feel trapped by marriage and/or feel they've made the wrong choices in their partners or have made seriously wrong choices possibly feeling that "if" they'd waited some they'd made a better choice.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #2 - on: 02.12.2004 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Lisa LaBelle

To me, what makes the chart of Scott Peterson interesting and noteworthy is his Natal Neptune located in the 1st House, in conjunction to his Ascendant, opposing his Natal Moon. This is a prime indicator of a problem with this emotions. Perhaps it is entirely possible that despite all the arguments of how close Scott and his Mom were, the opposite could hold true. All is definitely not what it would appear to be.
My 2nd concern lies with Peterson's Natal Jupiter located in the 2nd House in Capricorn, which is in a Square aspect to his Natal Pluto. This gives Scott somewhat of a huge ego problem, and indicates that he tends to be quite selfish with his possessions (or anything/anyone that he "owns"). The problem here for Scott wasn't so much Laci as it was the thought of having to "share" her attention and time with the baby! Scott wouldn't have any part of that. He had to be the "top dog".
Saturn in the 7th, in Gemini, and Retrograde of all things, adds an even worse mixture to the chart in the realm of marriage because it is in Square aspect to Venus located in his 10th in Virgo. He needed to have the "perfect wife". Once Laci would've given birth, it's quite possible that to Scott, she would've become less than "perfect" in the area of physical attractiveness, if not in his mind...outright "ugly".

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #3 - on: 02.12.2004 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Jane

He's guilty--Neptune conj. the acd.. he is familiar to lying and illusions. Venus in Virgo-looking for a perfect mate and Mars/Uranus quick to anger. But Laci was difficult for him. Taurus with Aries rising could be self-centered., However, this is a terrible crime and extremely sad. Divorce was an option and save the child and family.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #4 - on: 02.12.2004 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Penelope

Hi Gail--I have Saturn in the 7th and can relate to what you said--it's true.
Regarding Scott Peterson: the first thing I noticed about his chart was Neptune conjunct the ASC. which signifies to me that what you see is not necessarily what you are going to get. Marilyn Monroe had Neptune in the first and this is a great placement for an actor.
The other significant aspects are the two Gemini/Scorpio inconjuncts. The first between his moon and sun--the male and female significators which would suggest to me difficulties in reconciling his own masculine/feminine elements as well as struggles with the role women would play in his life. The moon is essentially conjunct his 7th house cusp and the sun the 12th house cusp--so the marriage partner would suffer from his 12 house secret activities and wishes.  
The second Gemini/Scorpio inconjunct is frm Saturn to Mercury--again a 7th to 12th house situation. Here we have the uncomfortable Saturn thinking of ways to get out of the situation.
He does have a Mars/Uranus conjunction in Libra, the sign of marriage in his 11th house of hopes and wishes which might suggest at the very least arguments and a willingness to take action to achieve his desires--Pluto placed in the house as well shows a lot of energy would be given to acquiring the things he want. Pluto is trine the moon, so we have the feminine element at work here again.
Venus in Virgo is debilitated and indicates someone who can be selfish in love--or at the very least fastidious. That it is in the 10th indicates a charming persona--added to the Jupiter in the 2nd, good fortune in business. I find it interesting that he sold fertilizer.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #5 - on: 02.12.2004 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User RC

Gale: I agree with you re: 7th house Saturn. To take it one step deeper, in karmic astrology, Saturn retro in the 7th house indictes the murder of the spouse in a previous incarnation. Some people I know who have this placement, find it very hard to mate, and have subsequently ended up alone. There are deep control issues with respect to relationships. Of course depending on the sign and other aspects, it does not always indicate a life with out a partner, as it also can indicate marrying late in life, or marrying to someone much older than oneself.
Scott Peterson's chart shows murder in the classic sense, as the ruler of the 7th (Mercury) is positioned in the 12th (hidden) in the sign of Scorpio (death).  
His tendencies towards deception are also indicated here, by Mercury in the 12th, as well as the Moon in Gemini has the tendency to be 2 faced.  
Mars conj Uranus in Libra, I believe indicates that a violent act 'suddenly' and 'unexpected' happens with his partner -- perhaps an accident -- but the 'air' quality tells me that he asphyxiated his partner -- Scorpio has the tendency towards jealousy, whether they feel it themselves or project their unacknowledged jealousy onto their mate. I believe Lacy picked up on the fact that he was having an affair, confronted him on it, and in a fit of rage (Mars/Uranus) he asphyxiated her.  
Venus squaring Saturn in his chart shows "issues" with women.  

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #6 - on: 02.12.2004 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Chris Zimmon

I took this deliniation directly out of James Braha's book "How to be a Great Astrologer". In it he writes with regards to Mars cunjunct Uranus:
"The person lives a life of untamed energy and audacious activity. He is independent, impulsive, and highly stimulated. He is potentially rebellious. Above all, he craves excitement, spontaneity, and living life on his own terms. There is great courage and he is never afraid to assert himself. He is original and intuitive. He reacts immediately and is impatient with slow, ordinary people".
Braha goes on to say:
"The person is high strung and must guard against frenetic energy or rash behavior. He is head strong and amongst the most obstinate of the species".
Braha also says:
"The person hates pressure and restraint. He must therefore learn discipline, responsibility, and consistency as soon as possible. Otherwise, he will suffer the frustration of an erratic, inconsistent life. He lives instinctively and is rarely predictable. He may have an explosive temper".
Now after researching only one aspect in James Brahas book what other patterns exist in Petersons chart could represent such a violent behaviour?

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #7 - on: 02.12.2004 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Georgelle Hirliman

This man was not made for marriage. If any one of us astrologers had seen him before he married, we would have told him at least to wait til he was 45 (Saturn 7th and in Gemini; plus Uranus Mars conjunct in Libra. But then, the high hopes of his Sag. rising pushed him into it, and probably the murder. I can see how these mentioned above configurations alone could have driven him to killing his wife from pure frustration. That's just after first look at his chart -- these things fly out at you. Thanks for doing this website and these charts. They are very helpful.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #8 - on: 02.12.2004 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Juliana

I agree that Neptune conj. the Ascendant can be prone to "lying and illusions," especially as it is mutually aspecting the Saturn-Moon conjunction in the 7th house. Looking at the Sidereal chart with Scorpio Rising, I see that he has many of the other signatures I have seen for serial killers and sociopaths. Saturn in the 7th may indicate perversion or violence. Jupiter for this chart is a double significator of wisdom, judgment, and maturity, both by its natural energy and by being the lord of the 5th house. Jupiter is very powerful in Sagittarius, but is afflicted by its association with the great deceiver Rahu, the North Node of the Moon, in the 2nd house of speech-8th from the Moon-which can indicate lying, arrogance, impulsiveness, and an extremely egoic nature. This combination is further afflicted by the 4th aspect from Mars, the chart ruler, which is strong in the 11th house and conjoined Pluto and Uranus (a potentially violent combination it itself). Peterson is in the Mahadasa of Rahu, so these difficult karmas of Jupiter-Rahu are unfolding now. Jupiter is in the Nakshatra of Mula, a dreadful asterism that is ruled by Niritti, the Goddess of destruction who lives in the kingdom of the dead. She is associated with butchers, cruelty, and violence. The planet of wisdom being afflicted by malefics and placed in this Nakshatra can reveal arrogance, lust, and anger. Planets here show that there is a need for the soul to learn control of passion. Ketu in Gemini in the 8th gives a deceptive nature, and this is corroborated by Ketu conjoined Mercury in Gemini in the 10th house in the Navamsa chart. The Sun is debilitated in the 12th, and being conjoined Mercury indicates a keen mind and one that may have many secrets. He has sidereal Venus in the 29th degree of Leo. Some astrologers call the 29th degree the "death degree" as it is said to have some thanatos associated with it. Venus is disposited by the Sun in both the solar and lunar constellations, a potentially selfish placement for the planet that is the significator of love and marriage.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #9 - on: 02.12.2004 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Judy Canelos

1. I doubt he was such a "good kid." He's never uttered a single truth in his entire life. With that Moon-Neptune opposition, his Mom obviously messed with his head and his childhood. He was able to fool people all his life into thinking he was a good kid with Neptune on his ascendant; however, he's always fooled with the truth, preferring to bend it, especially involving females. The man would do or say anything just to get laid. 2. With Gemini on his 7th house cusp, he needed much freedom in his marriage. With the Moon-Neptune opposition, he lied to his wife more than anyone and wore rose-colored glasses. With Saturn in the 7th, Laci always brought him down to earth and reminded him that he was married. Venus squaring Saturn shows that he rarely showed true affection to his wife and thought of her as a ball and chain around his neck. 3. Again, I think Mom messed up his head. I also believe that he was jealous and had negative feelings about his parents, siblings and chilhood experiences because of the Moon-Neptune opposition. With Neptune rising, he always felt misunderstood. He never believed he quite fit in with others and could have an inferiority complex. With Mercury in the 12th, he was able to keep his thoughts, fellings to himself, and possibly guarded them, never allowing the true calculating Scott to be seen. His feelings were complex and he could be manipulative (Mercury in Scorpio). He also could have suffered from depression, borderline or other personality disorders with Neptune rising. His father depressed him. 4. Look at the Moon-Sun-Jupiter Yod emphasized by the Moon-Neptune opposition. The "Finger of God" is pointing just like an arrow at his wife and marriage. With Jupiter in the second, his desire was to profit by Laci's death (Moon ruling 8th house and Moon-Neptune opposition). With the Sun straddling his 12th house cusp as an arm of the Yod, I think there was potential to spend serious time in prison as well as being his own worst enemy. With Gemini on the 7th cusp and Saturn contained there, his wife was married; he was the perrenial bachelor. Connor was his wife's child--not his.
With that stellium of Mars-Uranus conjunction loosely conjoined with Pluto, he had a hair-trigger temper. I believe Laci confronted him about the affairs. I think she demanded he stop. The argument escalated and he lost control. He chose to kill her and weave an elaborate hoax. With the Venus-Saturn conjunction, there is no remorse over Laci and Connor's deaths.
In short, justice prevailed. While a liar doesn't necessarily kill, I believe he did. The man is a slime bag and Laci's biggest mistake was in trusting him.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #10 - on: 02.12.2004 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Juliana

I agree with Judy that "His father depressed him" or that there is some sense of loss related to how he perceives his father because in the Vedic chart, the Sun (father) is very weakly debilitated in the 12th house of loss. He might have grown up regarding his father as immature, flighty or conniving (Sun in Swati conjunct Mercury), or perhaps he perceives his father as being weak.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #11 - on: 02.12.2004 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Linda

Neptune conjunct Ascendent could also mean he's not guilty. However, there are other factors in his chart that could indicate guilt as I will mention shortly. I have Neptune exact conjunct my Scorpio Ascendent within seconds of birth and I must say that I've been blamed for so many things in my life I've never done it's incredible. I also have been attacked, kidnapped twice, cheated out of money, my ex ran off with my children, have had multiple incidents of identity thieft since I've been a teenager and much more I don't even want to mention. Alcoholic parents as well, that type of thing. And also contrary to popular Neptunian belief, I do not use drugs, alcohol or cigarettes and haven't in the past. I have counseled victims and setup rape and domestic abuse shelters. The worst part of Neptune rising is you don't have to put yourself in these crazy situations...randam acts of violence just seem to occur. Life is not easy for Neptune rising and at times can seem quite unfair. Neptune rising can indicate a person who is quite spiritual, quite charitable, intuitive and peace loving. I've been reading a number of comments saying that Neptune conjunct Ascendent means an actor, someone that lies, dishonesty and several have either hinted or indicated this was probably why he killed his wife. Neptune rising often sees the world as it should be as opposed to how it really is. That makes those individuals peaceful, utopian dreamers and certainly not someone who could kill someone. I would think that the Mars/Uranus, Venus/Saturn and Saturn in the 7th house would be much more likely indicators of guilt then the Neptune rising. Saturn so often has been strong in the charts of individuals who have violent tendencies. Also, Venus/Saturn individuals in some cases indicates someone that can be almost sociopathic towards others depending on the rest of the chart. Also, the Chiron opposite Mars within a degree is also quite interesting espicially with the Chiron in the 5th house of children and his son's murder.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #12 - on: 02.12.2004 at 12:30 [UT] »

By the way, I not only have Neptune conjunct Ascendent...my Neptune is also opposite my Moon. I'm scary blunt and honest!However, my parents lied a lot to me. That taught me to be honest. So again, Neptune can mean "you" are the victim, not necessarily that you "victimize".

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #13 - on: 02.12.2004 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Gene Ray

Hello all
We have had a string on Scott Peterson at my site The Astrolgers Fourm. We used the same data you have here. The most significant aspects involve N Neptune conjunct the Ascendant opposite the Moon on the descendant and both of these tied to the Natal Uranus/Mars conjunction. One reading of Uranus/Mars is sudden violence and the fact that this conjunction is semisquare Scotts Ascendant and sesquiquadrate his decendant tell you who was involved in this sudden violence. Since all aspects mean more than one thing in the life of the chart owner we could also take this Mars/Uranus conjunction in the 11th as the reaction of a jury of his peers (11th house) to him. It is true that Neptune on the Ascendant can mean the victimizer as well as the victim. It can also give great talents in deception...in this case with women since it opposes the moon on the descendant. Women find it hard to see him clearly. They see some romantic notion or some illusion instead of who he really is. Very secretive a Scorpio rising with Neptune on the Ascendant. Still if not for the Uranus/Mars conjunction there would be no indication of violence. This conjunction is very powerful and very difficult. I have had comments from members who either have this conjucntion or know others who have who say that it can cause a terrible temper..hard to control. I also know of one case where this conjunction in the 1st house seems to be the primary cause of a case of MS which is a nervous destruction. Its unfortunate that this conjunction had aspect connections to key points and planets in Scotts chart otherwise it may have worked itself out in some far less tragic ways.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #14 - on: 02.12.2004 at 12:30 [UT] »

Agreed Gene. Also, the Chiron opposite the Mars. Do you find that interesting as well?

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #15 - on: 02.12.2004 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Teresa

I'm a novice astrologer at this point, though I feel compelled to say I find it curious that Laci had her natal Mars Pisces in her 12th (endings,hidden matters....) and Scott has Pisces as ruler of his fourth house and otherwise empty.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #16 - on: 02.12.2004 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Cristina Laird

I have been following this case very closely and now that i see the chart kind of understand why. I also have Mars Uranus conjunction, and Venus in Virgo and Neptune and Moon angular, and although I can certainly freak out, once in a while, i could not really call it violence, but of course I dance. Everyday. If i didn't have the physical channelling of these energies, it could mean great sexual excess. Very sexual combination. But also that Venus is square Saturn in the 7th, so he probably felt quite unlovable, which i'm sure it wasn't a light issue for him with that Moon also trined Pluto. Venus in Virgo is extremely critical of the partner, and with Neptune rising he probably had quite a nice picture in his head of what the relationship should be. The opposition of Chiron in Aries to Mars-Uranus in Libra I agree is a bombastic combination of very hurt sexuality and a great struggle to keep it all so NICE, yet without being able to keep his frustrations at bay.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #17 - on: 02.12.2004 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User William C. Autrey

In my research with the Earth in the chart located exactly opposite the Sun it reveals a Yod to the Earth from Pluto and Neptune in sextile. The Earth represents the unconscious energies we are born with and they operate by bypassing our conscious controls. Neptune in the Yod is on the ascendant and would certainly contribute to the telling of little white lies due to a lack of reality in image. The Saturn Vesta conjunction in the 7th house puts duty in a relationship in an obsessive mode. Perhaps he felt he had to kill her to release this hold she had over him. He could not, in good conscience, be with someone else while she was alive. The child to be would just add to his responsibility in this case. The earth in the chart is in a quindecile to Mars so like O J Simpson the urge to kill came right out from the unconscious. I have clients with Saturn in the 7th conj Vesta and they cannot leave out of duty.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #18 - on: 02.12.2004 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User escorpiocrone

I would like to add to RC accessment of Scott's chart. In Dec. 2002 Scott was having his Saturn Return and I too believe his chart indicates he strangled Laci as Gemini represents the "hands". The marriage was coming to an end, too bad his choice was death.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #19 - on: 02.12.2004 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Anne Beversdorf

Great comments and insights! Another chart aspect leaps out at me: Scott has Mars/Uranus very closely square the Moon's Nodes, all cardinal signs. Planets squaring the nodal axis often take on a "pendulum" effect, alternately being squelched and invisible, and then swinging to play out in an extreme form. With Neptune rising, there is even more reason to understand how Scott could "play nice-guy", and with the Mars/Uranus violence pattern (in Libra!--relationships, and BALANCE), being square the nodes, he probably wasn't even aware of his self-censorship much of the time. However, when the pendulum swings on a configuration like this, it can be pretty instinctual and uncontrollable. I haven't looked at transits for the murder, but would be curious to see what might have triggered this T-square.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 10
Send Topic Print

Copyright © 2014 Astrodienst AG  - report a problem