Welcome as a guest in the Astrodienst forum. You can login to your Astro profile or register as a forum member.You can also remain in the guest status and navigate through this forum as a reader. 29.08.2014 at 23:07 [UT+1]

Forum Rules Home Help Search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 25
Send Topic Print
Astro-Databank: W. Mitt Romney (Read 2736 times)
Astro-Databank
Global Moderator
Astrodienst Staff
Adb editor

Astro-Databank: W. Mitt Romney
« on: 15.11.2007 at 12:30 [UT] »

Discussion about
W. Mitt Romney, born 12 March 1947 at 09:51 AM in Detroit MI

This discussion is imported from the  comment board on the  previous astrodatabank.com website.

W. Mitt Romney is stumping for his party's nomination in the 2008 US President Election. With his successful turn-around of the 2002 Olympics Organizing Committee, he came to national attention. As a conservative Republican he successfully won the office of Governor in a liberal state. Romney is considered squeaky clean and scandal-free, seems to have the requisite "family values," speaks well, has stage presence, and has an admirable track record, especially in management. Yet in the early national polls and fund-raising efforts, his campaign seems to be lagging. Whatever his political ambitions and future are, he is an interesting study. Let's review his chart this week.
  • Romney idolized his dad and, in many ways, has followed in the elder Romney's footsteps. He is a devout practitioner of his family faith (Mormonism). What in the chart shows the influence of his dad, his family background, and religion on his life and career choices?
  • Whether or not Romney garners his party's nomination, he has been a successful businessman and has become a millionaire as a result of business acumen. Astrologically speaking, what motivates him to take on leadership challenges? What in the chart describes his track record in fiscal management, his personal financial wealth-building, and his business savvy?
  • Romney has been accused of waffling on issues such as Roe v. Wade and stem-cell research among others. What in the chart might explain his perceived lack of clarity on these issues?
  • Does Romney have "the right stuff" to be President? What leadership traits would he bring to the job? What factors in the chart represent his challenges? Where are the vision, leadership skills, management ability, toughness, and ability to persuade and influence that are necessary for the nation's chief executive in these troubled times?

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

re: W. Mitt Romney
« Reply #1 - on: 15.11.2007 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User M

I am first i guess, hazard of being up late at night...
The chart is really quipped for success...North node rising is always excellent, part of fortune conjunct the midheaven along with aquarius, excellent for popularity...I expected Venus angular since hes very handsome...in Aquarius hes got that movie star look to him..Firm jaw, lively eyes, wavy hair, all aquarian traits yet masculine making aquarius an excellent sign for male looks...
Sun and moon in trine in water with Jupiter...strong water focus..loved his parents, seem to be devoted to each other..jupiter with the moon detracts from the normally vindictive and intense scorpio..more likeable...more popular...mercury in trine with the moon, strong memory..
Chart ruler is terribly debilitated but accidentally dignified...something is curious..definitely strong position because of accidental dignity in the 10th, perfect for politician, but there must be something to the personality thats amiss..could be his wavering on the issues showing insincerity...he might be a "flip flopper" in the Kerry mold...Gemini rising would definitely contribute to this likelihood...might believe in nothing but power...liberal when he needs to be, conservative when he needs to be..
Uranus in the first, but not angular, definitely progressive, but not necessarily liberal..Earth is missing...very interesting...lucky financially, comfortable circumstances...campaign is always going to generate alot of cash...a male hillary in many ways...sun and moon reverse of each other in scorpio and pisces...both lack earth..would be a fun matchup..
Very similar to father...1st and 4th house share the same ruler and the sun is also in that sign as is Mars...Father should have many piscean traits..that would show self sacrifice politically because of "attack of conscious"...
Yod to first house ruler in the 10th...the incarnation was going to be in the public life..in pisces would show compassion and self sacrifice...something similar to Gordon Brown's chart...if hes elected, perhaps a similar course of social welfare..
Strong Jupiter with the moon shows a good relationship and strong wife, angular makes her important..
The moon-jupiter angular sinks up with the Republican party chart..showing a strong affinity...squares Guliani's moon-jupiter combination shows a great head off...we clearly see its influence of the combination in nice smiles and very genial personalities..
I dont see much happening on election day on this chart, maybe someone sees more than me...nothing hitting any angles...No conjunctions...however, the moon/jupiter are transiting his 9th house on 4 Novemeber 2008 which can be promising...but nothing is shall we say..."blowing up my skirt"...the natal chart however is very promising

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #2 - on: 15.11.2007 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Lynn Hayes

Romney's chart appears to lack the strength needed for true leadership: no earth signs, no cardinal signs, four retrograde planets, Sun, Mars and Mercury all in Pisces. The Sun is trine Jupiter, which of course is a fortunate aspect, and Jupiter in Scorpio is very charismatic with a love of power.  
read more here: http://astrodynamics.blogspot.com/2007/10/look-at-mitt-romney.html

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #3 - on: 16.11.2007 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User s

his relocated chart to belmont mass puts 14 gemini 34 on the ascendant with midheavan at 18 aquarius 32.. this gets uranus much closer to his ascendant, with the square to mercury much more prominent as well. further to this, venus moves further away from the midheaven axis, while pluto gets much closer.. one could say jupiter in scorpio seeks power, but i would put the pluto near the nadar as seeking it as well, perhaps due the role or influence of one of his parents or even his ancestral religion.
the chart also puts his natal sun higher up in an area associated with public recognition and social standing which fits with his role as governor of massachusetts.
chiron is conjunct the vertex which you really notice when looking at a local space chart. do a google search on what they are, if you are unfamiliar with them. i have been examining then recently. this suggests to me he is someone who would like to be of service to those less fortunate then himself which would fit with and strengthen the pisces focus in his chart..
i wonder how much his marriage is one of convenience verses real love.. i suppose only he can know the answer to that question, but since outward appearances matter so much in the life of a politician it is something to wonder about with the opposition between these planets in his chart. mars loosely square the moon near the natal descendant doesn't strike me as all peace and love.
i think he shoots himself in the foot with the mercury/uranus square so prominent in the relocated chart and transiting saturn/uranus opposition in the close proximity thru next year.. i do believe saturn transit into virgo favours the pisces, but overall i don't think he has what it takes to make it to the top with this chart.. he doesn't have enough angst and mean determination..
the saturn/pluto conj is a formidable foe when prominent, and in does engage the venus/midheaven which is probably why he is seeking the presidency (along with those 4th house issues i have already touched on above), but he looks to be someone who has cruised thru life without too much hardship.  
moon/jupiter in scorpio is an inherited position of favour.. as i said before this chart has some similarities to tom delays chart.. in fact, tom delay is born exactly 1 month later with the very same moon/jupiter in scorpio conj.. however delay had this over on the ascendant and wasn't above being extremely manipulative to get his way.. i don't get any of this feel with romney.. he is probably a good person who would like to better the world...
saturn in leo can have a huge inferiority complex.. what better way to overcome it then to seek the presidency.. i don't think he has a chance, no matter how much money he wants to throw at it.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #4 - on: 16.11.2007 at 12:30 [UT] »

local space chart article  
http://www.astrologysoftware.com/resources/articles/getarticle.asp?ID=50

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #5 - on: 18.11.2007 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Marjorie  

Mitt Romney's chart is hardly stunning, rather disjointed in some way. Two bits that don't quite mix. Swimming in water but with an air grand trine and a Venus Sat Pl opposition - wouldn't think he'd be too sympatico at close quarters once you rub the veneer off that schmoozy Scorpio Moon Jupiter. I wondered where his Mormon beliefs/background were reflected. Saturn conjunct IC and Pluto in 4th (Koch houses) doesn't point to a cosy, comfortable family culture. I see the anti-Mormon smears supposedly from the other side are now thought to have emanated from Romney supporters as a way of raising sympathy and blaming/undermining McCain. It fits with Romney having transitting Pluto into his 8th about now (Koch 26 Sag cusp) - dirty tricks behind the scenes. He's also got horrible midpoint transits next year. Pluto hard aspect Sun/Neptune, Moon/Saturn, Jupiter/Saturn - confusion, gloom and losses. Guiliani also seems to be running into more problems from NY firefighters, angry at him exploiting 9/11 for his campaign. They seem intent on raising their profile and highlighting their disapproval which won't help. Plus the Kerik issue is also, in some way I don't understand the background to, coming into the high profile legal action against NewsCorp by a former dismissed employee - and that may well rebound on Guiliani who seems inextricably tied into Kerik, no matter how much he apologises. Something is going to de-rail him with that Saturn square Sun Uranus. www.astroinform.com

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #6 - on: 18.11.2007 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Artes Perditae

All politicians, agree with them or not, must be viewed in the most negative light. Some quick thoughts- Moon Jup aspects are believed to indicate great concern, of not sensitivity, for others. Yes, but the conjunction almost always indicates a person who additionally thinks they know what is best for you, and doesn't think they need to consult you on the matter. Tripley dangerous- near the descendent, or you; in scorpio,so secretive, and widely trine the sun, providing easy justification. Mars squares the nodal axis; a troublemaker and one who will not avoid dirty tricks and may well prefer them out of expedience. Neptune tri-septile mercury, Libra to Pisces; the tri-septile involves other people more than the septile, so we can possibly say 'balance and harmoney through obfuscation and dissipation', or vice versa, in the realm of how the native commucnicates with himself, knowing or not,concerning the area of his relationships and in the realm of what inspires him. Combine this with a Jup Moon conjunction, dead on, in Scorpio? This man is secretly scorpionic with such a close conjunction, and if I had to, I would name him so, as one who speaks as such. Adding the Venus Pluto opposition, a socially curious and lusty combination that must, as all oppositions, work its way out through other people, we have enough. A disaster waiting to happen, like the rest of them so far, but perhaps the worst.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #7 - on: 19.11.2007 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Julien Peter Benney

So much Pisces and no cardinal planets except Neptune in Libra should clearly make for a devoutly religious person, whilst Jupiter in Scorpio in the sixth house of work does suggest a passionate Mormon faith with is practical emphasis. Saturn and Juno in Leo, the sign of fatherhood, further adds to his attachment to his father.
That Neptune singleton as part of Grand Trine in air, along with his Pisces emphasis and Gemini Ascendant, however, would explain his vacillation on issues like abortion and gay marriage: he may be almost too sensitive to want confronatation with a population like that of Massachusetts and tries too hard to relate to different points of view even with his powerful emotional ties.
Explaining his business success is much harder given the above-mentioned strong Pisces and Gemini and so few cardinal planets to orient him toward achievement. Saturn in Leo opposite his Midheaven and sextile his Ascendant, however, probably makes him so self-conscious he feels he has to be successful in business even if it is very tough for him.
It is hard to say he has the "right stuff" to be a leader. As mentioned above, he seems strongly attached to what he believes yet so desperate to avoid confrontation even if that is a requirement for building the ideals he is likely to passionately believe in. He is most likely unable to find genuinely creative solutions or to develop enthusiasm for them, with no fire apart from Saturn and Pluto and a severe shortage of cardinal signs that could make him desire to be remembered for such achievement.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #8 - on: 19.11.2007 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User NAILESH PATEL(UK)

Regarding the chart of Mitt Romney. "Romney has explained his changing views as a process of evolution"-[wikipedia] This feature of his chart is the most outstanding, and represents an individual who cannot stick to promises. However a more deeper look at his chart shows leadership potential, strong career, deeply held beliefs, and a progession and transit analysis of his chart shows he has reached a defining moment in his career, as a speaker, political leader, changes possible in this area, and a time that will either begin or bing to an end such a career. Further evidence shows such a career may be associated with a long dream, a career that would disrupt his life. The evidence points to involvemnet in a political competition , a speaking competition, but, because the progression has gone farther ahead, it indicates such a competition is more likley to end, rather than begin his career.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #9 - on: 22.11.2007 at 12:30 [UT] »

patrick downing over at guiliani thread made the comment about moon/jupiter conj and hubris... funny how this conj shows up in a few politicians, including a few of the presidential candidates, not to mention president bush jr who also has it.. i guess it depends on the lay of the chart.. spending other peoples money never seems to be a problem for politicians.. i don't know if they would spend their own money like they spend it with the 50.2 % of those who voted for them..  
for a change folks might think about voting for someone with a moon/saturn conj instead..any candidates with that config? i very much doubt it... but they will all say they are 'conserviate;, lol. moon/saturn might not have the 'public' appeal, but maybe they would be more 'conservative' - an overused word if there ever was one..

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #10 - on: 27.11.2007 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Patrick Downing

My first thought about Moon/Jupiter was related to Bush, DeLay, who thought they could get away with the corruption and have power forever. They are two biggest reasons the Republicans lost on 2006. I don't remember them or Rudy admitting they have been wrong. Bad things that happen are someone else's fault. Moon Jupiter is great for success and luck. You really can't be humble to go too far in politics. Obama has a Moon Jupiter trine.
Now in Romney's case he is a very effective business and running the Olympics is like herding cats. But these successes do not mean you can be President. His hubris is trying to portray himself as a conservative after having a very liberal record as governor. His father was one of those Liberal Republicans who are nearing extinction.
The Republicans are standing by Bush on the war while trying to distant themselves from the President. Independents are with the Democrats on the issues despite the incompetence of the congressional leadership. (Currently having Neptune afflictions) 5 Republican Senators and 17 House members have announced their retirement. The Udall cousins are favored to win in New Mexico and Colorado and Mark Warner is a slam dunk in Virginia. Many of the novice Democrats who lost close races in 2006 are running again in 2008.
With Mars retrograde it seems the race is getting quite snippy. The polls are very fluid. Look for the mud to fly. Look for tapes of Giuliani's many tirades and his gun control stances. You will hear about Romney saying in the past that he is for gay rights more than Ted Kennedy. Huckabee is the true conservative Christian and is quite likable. Iowans are big on sincerity. Giuliani and Thompson are battling for third in the polls. The only prediction I feel confident about is Giuliani going down fast. The transits are brutal for him.  
Tom Harkin said that half the Democratic voters are undecided. The caucus attendees discuss issues and regard the media as annoying horse flies. There is a consensus building sessions. The ground game is very important.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #11 - on: 28.11.2007 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Lwood

Huckabee is the true conservative Christian and is quite likable.<<
Take care with this wolf in sheep's clothing my friend. He's pollyana when no one is paying attention. suggest you read this: http://www.salon.com/opinion/feature/2007/11/13/huckabee/index_np.html?source=rss]
Also he will be having more Saturn problems (the past) as Saturn turns Rx and makes a station on his Sun next April. Of course it's fair to note he will enjoy trines from Jupt to his Sun and then from Pluto to his Sun. birthday Aug 24, 1955 (no time), Hope, AR

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #12 - on: 28.11.2007 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Dean Bensics

It's very telling that Romney has MC=Saturn/Pluto.
This may help to explain the perception of him as a "stiff robot"...that is, tightly defensive and extremely protective of his status image, in a strategically calculated manner.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #13 - on: 29.11.2007 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User cynthia

I look at Romney's chart and read the comments and suspect that I am from a whole different school of astrology. This is a quintessential politicians chart. I confess that I have not watched any of the "debates" and never seen a Romney speech, but his chart is quite lovely.
Vedic Chart Venus rules the chart and in placed in the 9th, a dharma house and one that promises success. It falls in a lunar mansion that is good at listening and known to be studius or at least interested in studies. Venus rules the 6th house of service.
Rahu (NN) in the 1st give a powerful presence. You'd feel him walk in the room as well as look at him from his Venus good looks. Rahu is disposited by that nicely placed Venus and that should help uplift his drive for power to something greater than greed. That Rahu is in the same mansion as several John edwards placements...maybe it is tied to good hair...grins.
Jupiter with the Moon in the 7th should help him relate to others, be optimistic and even cooperative. This isn't a self centered chart at all, and very different than Tom Delay's or GWB's. That Venus SAturn opposition should help him be fiscally conservative and he'll likely pay for his own spa visits. Oppositions help one see things from another's perspective.  
Jupiter rules the 8th of life and death. That Jupiter with the Moon in the 7th with Ketu (SN) suggests his awakening from death to be a better partner than he was. I don't know that this is true, but it suggests it. It also suggests that he understands what brings life into a relationship or partnership and that he is more optimistic and cooperative than some of his fellow candidates on both sides.
Retrograde Mercury with Mars and the Sun suggest mental focus and quick wit. I like retrograde Mercury with Mars: It helps slow the combination down and be more introspective or patient. They sure help that Sun. Mercury rules the 2nd of earnings and the 5th of speculation and the mind.
Placed together, Mercury and Mars make a powerful financial combination particularly for parnterships or with clients (Mars rules the 7th) It's also good for politics, (Mars rules the 12th).
I like the Pluto opposition with Venus: it adds depth to his life experience and also suggets his ability to deal with people of power and money.
Angular Moon, Jupiter, nodes, Sun, Mercury and Mars are all quire remarkable. I'll try to listen to a speech and learn more about him. I didn't expect to like him but now I'm intrigued...hope this makes it through

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #14 - on: 29.11.2007 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Penn

My cousin shares her birthday with Romney - I don't know the time, but she's a wonderful woman. I should get her time, just to see how they compare.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #15 - on: 05.12.2007 at 12:30 [UT] »

Much of Romney's business success comes from the Mercury and Sun square Uranus. Uranus is an exact square to the Sun/Mercury midpoint. This is the aspects that causes him to try and be all things to all people. It is the aspect of a brilliant negotiator but someone who will get you to buy the undercoating on that new car you are buying. Like Giuliani, he was pro choice, pro gay rights, and had sane immigration, fiscal and gun policies. They had a big cat fight over some of these issues at the last debate. That debate helped Huckabee take the lead in Iowa, because he has been consistent. Romney has been having Saturn opposing his Mars which explains his slow down. Romney's Mars square Giuliani's Sun/Uranus. THAT showed up in the last debate. Romney has benefited by Uranus transiting his Mercury and Ceres. Uranus will be conjunct his Sun this Summer, a plus for the nomination. Saturn is nasty at times and will accent the reality of his past positions. Had he run with his old positions, he would do well in the general. This fall Saturn will square his Uranus and oppose Mars, Mercury and Ceres. Not good for winning.
Gemini rising and North Node conjunct is clearly one who should be analytical, who can see both sides of an issue. What disturbs many is that he has totally reversed the above positions. He has also taken anti constitutional and anti Geneva Convention positions. Now he is selling his soul to the rabid right to get the nomination. He is still supporting the Iraq occupation. This is not hard for him personally as none of his five sons are in the military. Should he get the nomination these positions will sink him in the general election.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #16 - on: 05.12.2007 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Carol

Does anyone know off hand if there have been any Pisces Sun U.S. presidents before? Just curious. If so, it just seems like their Moons, Asc.'s, and/or Mercurys would probably be more in fixed signs.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #17 - on: 05.12.2007 at 12:30 [UT] »

carol, here is an interesting website which indirectly answers your question..
http://www.neptunecafe.com/USPresidents.html

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #18 - on: 05.12.2007 at 12:30 [UT] »

further to that article, british astrologer ronald w howland proposed a time of 11am same place and day for the usa chart, which would give asc 28 virgo 26 and midheaven 28 gemini 12. in the martin davis book i read called astrolocality astrology, he makes a pretty good case for howlands chart.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #19 - on: 05.12.2007 at 12:30 [UT] »

Huckabee also has Venus and Mars in Leo conjunct his Sun, so Jup and Pluto giving him a boost. He is not having a good week. He was asked about the NIE about 30 hours after it came out, one of the biggest stories of the year, and said he was not aware of it. Also the Wayne Dumond parole is getting big. Seems our minister friend may have lied about the event. Dumond's rape victims are coming out talking about the letters they sent. He said a few weeks ago that half of the signers of the Declaration of Independence were ministers. 4 of 56 were ordained and only one active in the pulpit. 4 is not half. Bad year for Republicans. They get to choose between someone who does not "believe" in evolution, Il Duce, Foghorn Leghorn Thompson (leading among insomniacs), Grumpy old Uncle John, Slippery Mitt, and the Amway salesman Ron Paul. The Paulbots are almost cult like, he is going to do well where independents can vote and some ex Republicans could vote. There are many southerners who think Mormonism and Catholicism are cults. Could be a brokered convention. I would recommend John Warner. But I think he wants to sip Mint Juleps on the plantation front porch. I am leaning toward Huckabee or Romney getting the nomination.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 25
Send Topic Print
Current Planets
29-Aug-2014, 22:07 UT/GMT
Sun6Virgo29'24"
Moon24Libra26'39"
Mercury24Virgo51'29"
Venus21Leo37' 1"
Mars20Scorpio15'10"
Jupiter9Leo43'41"
Saturn17Scorpio55' 1"