Welcome as a guest in the Astrodienst forum. You can login to your Astro profile or register as a forum member.You can also remain in the guest status and navigate through this forum as a reader. 13.07.2014 at 18:28 [UT+1]

Forum Rules Home Help Search  
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Astro-Databank: Mike Bloomberg (Read 200 times)
Astro-Databank
Global Moderator
Astrodienst Staff
Adb editor

Astro-Databank: Mike Bloomberg
« on: 04.12.2001 at 12:30 [UT] »

Discussion about
Mike Bloomberg, born 14 February 1942 at 3:40 PM in Brighton MA

This discussion is imported from the  comment board on the  previous astrodatabank.com website.

Frances McEvoy, an ardent data collector, wise astrologer, prolific astrology writer, and good friend, died recently. Fran's legacy lives on in part through her many contributions to AstroDatabank, and we all owe her a debt of gratitude. This week, in her honor, we are featuring the chart of one of the many politicians whose data she obtained--Mayor Michael Bloomberg. Bloomberg set off waves of speculation this past summer when he declared himself an Independent. News analysts report that he is considering running for US President but only if he thinks he can win. An Independent has never before won a US Presidential campaign. Nevertheless, his associates are actively assessing electoral votes and popular opinion. A self-made billionaire, he has built a communications empire and has established himself as a successful politician and leader. Let's look at his chart to see whether he has the right stuff to run and win a bid for the White House.

• Bloomberg is a financial whiz and business genius. His company website describes itself as being "about information: accessing it, reporting it, analyzing it and distributing it, faster and more accurately than any other organization." What factors in his chart indicate his astute business sense, his ability to harness technology to serve a major need for financial data, data analysis and communications, to raise funds to finance his fledging idea and to parlay it into an empire? Where's the billionaire?
  • What drives the man? What are his leadership qualities and where are they indicated in the chart? Are there Presidential qualities here? Bloomberg used to be a Democrat; he switched to the Republican Party and is now an Independent. Why do you think he has switched parties so often?
  • If Bloomberg does run, it could be against another New Yorker, Hillary Clinton, who is by most national polls a front-runner. They both have two significant groups of planets in fixed signs. Bloomberg's chart emphasizes Aquarius and Taurus, while Clinton's accents the archetypes of Leo and Scorpio. What do these powerful fixed squares reflect about these individuals?  

« Last Edit: 25.03.2009 at 21:28 [UT] by Alois »  
  IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

re: Mike Bloomberg
« Reply #1 - on: 19.12.2001 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Lenore Canter

If Bloomberg was born eight minutes later -- i.e. 3:48PM -- the Sun (second house ruler) would equal the MC/UR/PL on a 22.5 degree dial. (Uranus rules the 8th house.)That shows money. Big time.
~Lenore Canter

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #2 - on: 19.12.2001 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User LL

Jupiter represent money. In his chart Jupiter in Double sign trine Moon, Mercury,Venus. Here why he is so rich. Jupiter-Moon-Venus: big luck and trine Mercury: sens of business.
LL

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #3 - on: 19.12.2001 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Alan Bitker

Interestingly, both Bloomberg and Gates have 26 Cancer rising which places US Pluto on their Descendants. Both have their chart ruling Moons strongly configured; Gates with Mars, Uranus and the Midheaven and Bloomberg with his Sun, Mercury and Mars. Both have Uranus aspecting their Ascendants and squaring their Suns. In both charts, the Sun rules the 2nd house and Uranus rules the 8th house. Each has a strong Pluto ruling his 5th house; Gates has Pluto conjunct Jupiter which is part of a midpoint structure involving Venus, Saturn and Mars, while Bloomberg's Pluto opposes Venus and trines his Midheaven. Thus, in both charts,the Sun and Moon, Uranus, Pluto and the angles become connected with the personal wealth 2nd,the business world 8th and the speculative risk-taking 5th houses. Also, in both charts, there are planets in degrees symbolized by the pursuit and/or achievement of wealth. See Bloomberg's Saturn in 22 Taurus and his Mercury in 15 Aquarius while noting Gates's Sun in 5 Scorpio. With Saturn squares to planets, noted above, in both charts and with each of their Moons in hard aspect to Mars, we find hard-working and outspoken characters. Bloomberg's Sun is well-aspected in both the Manhattan and NYC charts. However the Sun-Moon opposition in Manhattan's chart squares Bloomberg's Mars-Saturn-Uranus conjuction. Transiting Uranus will be triggering this t-square in the upcoming two years. Chiron in 25 Scorpio in the 2nd house of the NYC chart converts the t-square into a Grand Cross. But the tension of this pattern is released along NYC's nodal axis which falls exactly on Bloombergs's Ascendant-Descendant. NYC's 2nd house Saturn also opposes Bloomberg's Venus. I suspect that some kind of financial crisis and/or security breach throws the city into turmoil quite likely with the rest of the country as well and that Bloomberg becomes the right man at the right time.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #4 - on: 19.12.2001 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Sharon Smith

You should be using the chart for the confederation of the 5 boroughs of New York City which was at midnight on 1/1/1898 in Manhattan...This gives a chart with 9 degrees of Libra rising and puts Bloomberg's Jupiter on the City's 9th House Pluto which rules the 2nd House. What a powerful combination! Bloomberg's Mars/Saturn/Pluto conjunction falls in the new York's 8th house, providing a kind of unique "discipline" of the city's resources. His Virgo North Node in New York City's 12th House reveals that his personal destiny as a public servant will have a huge impact on the city's disadvantaged. All in all, I think he will be good for the economics of New York and will prove to be a compassionate leader at a historic time.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #5 - on: 20.12.2001 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Puka

When I open a 45-degree dial of Mike, I'm surprising of his planetary structure. He has Asc=Jupiter=Mars=Moon and Sun=Uranus=Pluto. This structure is full of power and enterprise.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #6 - on: 20.12.2001 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Gimelstar

The very powerful conjunctions in the 10-11th houses and the 7th show the strength of this business magnate. His philanthropic bent is also evident, and apparently he now want so use his knowledge and abilities to the benefit of others. The Pluto in the 1st is likewise that of a strong leader. This is someone that could help lift NYC and the nation foreward, or possibly destroy himself in the process.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #7 - on: 20.12.2001 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Carole Hemingway

I wrote a piece on a monthly stock report I co-author with a commodities broker, in November (http://www.Acker-Hemingway.com)regarding Mike Bloomberg, even before I had his time of birth. Before he was elected NYC gov't. should have inserted a "lunacy" clause in his 4-year contract in case of nervous breakdown. Once transit Uranus hits his Sun in Aquarius, it's going to set off like rocket launchers all those 8 squares in his natal chart. All I can say is that I'm glad I don't live in NYC especially with him as the mayor. On his first day of office, Jan. 1, 2002 his path is clear, Mars in 16-degrees Pisces in square to Pluto in 16-degrees Sagittarius on that day...transit Pluto will be a mantra theme throughout his first year. What a mess!

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #8 - on: 20.12.2001 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User

I'm happy to see an intrsting celebrity chart like Mike Bloomberg.I consider him an Aqua/tau,8/11 houses respectively ofcourse.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #9 - on: 21.12.2001 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Wakinya-Ska

The ruler of Mike's MC is in Taurus in the 10th house. That tells the tale. I have never met a human being who when staying focused on his/her north node didn't grow past the limitations of his/her chart. Mike's node is trine that mars. He surely knows just exactly what he is worth and how to apply it. This goes beyond mere egocentric behavior. Also, Saturn in Taurus when utilized with the proper motivation always pays off in wealth of many types ( material, social and spiritual ). Mike's loaded 7th house is a testimony to his allies and his open enemies, however, there is no better defensive fighter in the zodiac than Mars in Taurus. May his enemies beware, the cost is prohibitive by the tenants of the art of war and Saturn in Taurus concurs. You will notice that save for the sun ( which can indicate that at times he is his own worst enemy ) all the other planets are feminine ( mercury being considered so when in between the moon and venus in a receptive sign ). This dosen't say much for the competition. Even his ex-wife still helps his campaign. Pluto rising and Neptune in the third house are typical indicators of a political personality in the 21st century ( intimidating and deceptive). He should do as well as anyone who has to follow Rudy's act. Rudy should be our next president, by the way, where is his chart?

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #10 - on: 21.12.2001 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User William C. Autrey

Converting the chart (Bloomberg) to Placidus one finds sun and Moon and ceres in the 8th house. Sometimes we have to check all the other house possibilities as equal house sometimes is not thebest choice. If it doesn't look right be flexible with houses. Thanks Bill Autrey

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #11 - on: 23.12.2001 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Glenn Harris

"Work hard, persevere, be the best, etc." fits very nicely with Saturn in Taurus equals the Sun/Moon midpoint (and, of course, squaring the Sun and the Moon). This is very strong ambition, organizational skills, and the ability to stick with his goals. Mars in Taurus confirms his determined, long-term view of things. Management skills are further reflected by Moon oriental, Midheaven equals midpoint of Sun/Saturn, and the overwhelming Aquarian/11th House emphasis. While it is true that Saturn squaring Sun or Moon often indicates feelings of inferiority and/or tight emotions, Bloomberg's drive and pronounced belief in his own excellence is a typical overcompensation or defense mechanism against such feelings.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #12 - on: 23.12.2001 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Tiffany Fairfax, C.A.P.

I study MAGI Astrology and according to Magi, the #1 SUPER SUCCESS Aspect is Jupiter/Pluto enhancement. (Enhancement is: conjunction, trine, parallel/contraparallel).  
Both Gates & Bloomberg have the Jupiter/Pluto SUPER SUCCESS Aspect. Gates has Jupiter conjunct Pluto and Bloomberg has Jupiter parallel Pluto.
The Jupiter/Pluto Super Sucess aspect indicates WEALTH & SUCCESS. It's considered THE BEST.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #13 - on: 24.12.2001 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Lea Breuer

Let us use Uranian Astrology, Cosmobiology, the 90 degree and 22:30 degree dials for analysis, Witte's RPP and Ebertin's COSI for cookbook interpretations. 1. What makes this the chart of a Mega millionaire? On the 90 degree dial we find: MC = Jupiter/Pluto Cosmobiologists call the Jupiter/Pluto combination "The Millionaire Syndrome". To quote COSI: Jupiter/Pluto = The Desire for Power (Plutocracy) MC=Jupiter/Pluto "Ambition, assiduity and industriousness, the desire to succeed as a manager. - Advantageous in one's occupation, advancement and promotion, great luck." You can find further suitable descriptions in COSI, pages 176-177. Uranian Astrologers will find many more "wealth" signatures in this chart. Some of the combinations that point to great wealth and success are: Sun/Jupiter (The wealthy and successful man), Sun/Apollon (Business success, fame, honor), Jupiter/Kronos (Great money man,Lucky and successful manager), Jupiter/Apollon (Money through the trades or law, Grand capital), Jupiter/Vulcanus (The power of money and finances) , Apollon/Vulcanus (Strongest success, Great prosperity, Wealth)... So, let us study those axes in this chart, 16 Harmonic, max orb = 15 minutes of arc, to find more: in the 4th Harmonic : Sun/Jupiter = Jupiter/Vulcanus= MC/Asc (The social and vocational reationships. Motivation and resource). In the 16th Harmonic the above "wealth" combinations are also equal : Vp/Venus = Saturn = Apollon = Uranus/Zeus = Moon/Pluto = Asc/vulcanus = Mars/Uranus = Mc/Node = Mc/Cupido = Moon/Uranus = Venus/Neptune = Mars/Vulcanus. Jupiter/Kronos = Moon (This combination is Equal his Moon, a personal Point, sharing it with the followingSmiley = Zeus (Master of productive work. Luck and good fortune through machines) = Neptune/Poseidon (False pretence, Moving pictures, television) = Vp/Node (Worldly connections with many people)= Mars/Zeus (Creative work and activities, Technical science, Machines, Firearms)= Vp/cupido (Joint stock companies. Art, Sociability. The founder of corporations) = Moon/Mars (The active brain. The industrious populace. Creative constructive work)= Asc/Kronos (Employed in public service. Employed in a mechanical establishment)= Mc/Hades (The grieving populace. Grieving over public conditions. Having secrets. Creating disharmony. Having an urge to act on evil deeds. One's poverty)= Neptune/Cupido (Unhappy populace, Unfortunate parents. Large poor family. Dissonances in family or in associations. Shortage in housing)= Node/Neptune (Dissolution of unions, Secre organizations) Jupiter/Apollon (Grand capital through) = Mercury/Uranus (electronic/hi-tech/Innovative - information/data/news/communications/ideas)= Mc/Zeus (My own creative ability, thirst for action, urge to work and accomplish great feats) = Mc/Moon (My own mind or psychological influence of women)= Vp/Uranus (which excite the world)= Jupiter/Saturn (Successful separation , real estate) = Venus/Hades (Servitude) = Neptune/Pluto (Sneaking transformations, secrecies) = As/Apollon(Having many customers. Matters in distant places. Acquaintances with representatives of commerce, trade and science)= Asc/Saturn = Mercury/Vulcanus (moving in Great speed. Mighty thinking) = Uranus/Neptune (revolution)= Sun/Mercury (for business people). Mc =Sun/apollon = Apollon/Vulcanus (these two "wealth" combinations are equal his MC = most personal point) From the above axes one can extract: Mc (The "I", ego consciousness, "I am", "I have"...) = Sun/Apollon (Successful, famous, derive honors and dignities, business success)= Apollon/Vulcanus (Strongest personal success, great prosperity, Wealth, Great influence, Enormous expansion, Exercise power) = Sun+Jupiter-(Asc, Node, Cupido) (fortunate with others, wealthy connections, Support from successful people, Wealth through cooperation with others and through marriage, Business partners, Financial gains through corporations..) = Jupier+Vulcanus-(Asc, Node, Cupido) (Instill hope, trust and courage in others, connected with trustworthy people, Great luck, happiness and money through art, family, corporations or community)= Jupite+Kronos-Hades(Accomplish much with little, Thriftiness, Gains in money from things taken out of the earth, owner of mines)= Jupiter+Apollon-(Zeus,Moon) (Successful in commerce and science, Prosperous work with large groups.
[continued in next posting]

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #14 - on: 24.12.2001 at 12:30 [UT] »

[continued from posting above:] by Lea Breuer
Successful creation in art or science, stage success, The influence of high capital, Production favoured by high capital) Vp (world axis, the native in the public eye) = Sun+Jupiter-Venus(Popular wealthy man) = Jupiter+vulcanus-Venus (Great fortunate love/popularity)= Jupiter+Kronos-Node (Ties with leading persons or with people who experience great luck)= Jupiter+Kronos-Cupido (Great money man, successful manager of great companies/corporations) = Jupiter+Apollon-Uranus (Sudden commencing of great gains and successes in trade or science. Good luck and success in technology) And also: Vp (world axis) = Uranus (High Technology, electronic..)= Mercury (Communication, Media, News, journalism, information) = Apollon/Admetos (Contentment)= Saturn/Admetos = Pluto/Vulcanus (Mighty changes and transformations which occur with great speed) = Mars/Hades (Abusive words, atrocities...) = Sun/Pluto(Striving for power, Qualities of leadership. Over estimation of self. Arrogance. Aspiring intellectual supremacy, prudence, organisation, consciousness of aim or objective. Restless creative activity, An orator or public speaker with suggestive powers.. Carrying out fanatic reforms without regard for oneself) = Mercury/Neptune (Idealism, Inventions, but also wrong thinking and lies, lack of clarity)= Uranus/Vulcanus (Electrical energies. thnderbolt. Mighty tension. News which create sudden excitement. Acting quickly and forced to make quick decisions.)= Hades/Zeus (Industry) 2. His autobiography, Bloomberg by Bloomberg, is a classic Horatio Alger story - "work hard, persevere, be the best - and you too can be a big success." He shows little compunction about tooting his own horn: ''I believe my design instinct, sales savvy, and management skills are the best around.'' Does this sound like a guy with Sun Square Saturn, 3 degree orb? 3.5 degrees is very wide and considered "out of orb" by most midpoint techniques practitioners. This chart has a Sun/Uranus Square which is much tighter (orb is les than 1 degree of arc). To quote a bit from COSI, the Sun/Uranus combination stands for :"A revolutionary spirit, a progressive mind (as applied to reform and technology). Excitement or upset. Originality, consciousness of and concentration upon an objective or aim, a far seeing mind, love of freedom, the tendency to strive for reforms, mobility...Self will, Caprice or obstinacy, a contradictory nature, impatience..." Add to this the midpoints and sensitive points on his Mc axis (Ego consciousness) and you will find they reflect quite well, this person's self image, as expressed above, in his own words. MC ("I") = VU/PO (I have Self assurance. Pride. Sense of honor, diginity. I possess a remarkable mental influence on others.) = MO/VE (I am adored by women and the public. I have an artistic talent and good judgement concerning the real value of all things). = NO/UR (I have desire for innovations and am connected with high technology. I have a political association advocating reforms, industrial or technological team-work) = VE/ZE (I am devoed to my work and life goals. I am the sower) = UR/CU (I own a high-tech corporation) = NO/PL (I have a large business concern) = VE/MA (I lack tenderness and tact. I am very passionate.) = SU/SA (I am firm, decisive and determined. I show perseverance and have the ability to become completely absorbed in a subjet and maintain my position in life. But above all, I am very modest Wink ) = PL/CU (I transform my community and change human society. I change my social surroundings) = SU/AP (I am successful. I derive honors and dignities). = SA/VU (I am vigilant. I have an eye on my own interests and am not easily deceived. I watch it all very closely) = UR/PO (I am mentally alive and alert. I strive for light, knowledge and truth. I have to do with television, The Electronic Media, Propaganda, Moving pictures). = VU/AP (I am personally successful, have great influence, and exercise power. I have a powerful business).

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #15 - on: 24.12.2001 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User David Burrows

The Vedic Chart does contain signatures for Wealth, Power and Political Savvy. Cancer rising is good for politicians and those in the public eye, as the Moon is the friend to all. Houses 3 and 11 are wealth building houses. The house rulers, Mercury and Venus, combine in house 7 along with the Moon, forming a special yoga. The significanse here is that the chart ruler, the moon, is fused with the houses of "Gain" ( 3 and 11), indicating wealth. Then, this energy is reinforced or confirmed again by a mahapurusha yoga of Mars in Aries, bringing wealth, power, and leadership. This power of Mars in the chart is especially strong for a Cancer ascendant, for Mars is the "Yogakaraka" for Cancer. His Saturn in Vedic is debilitated in Aries in the 10th close to Mars. Saturn does not aspect the Sun in the Vedic calculation. It does rule the 7th house of relationships. Wanting to "go out and play" rather than continue with his marraige is a textbook description of a debilitated Saturn affecting someone's relationship. The dispositor of the Sun is Saturn--perhaps Saturn is just too weak to put a damper on his self-esteem. The second house contains Rahu, the north node of the moon, considered to be a materialistic influence or desire. The Sun in Aquarius in the eighth with the south node aspects the second house. So the basic life force, or soul energy, the Sun, is concerned with second house matters. The nodes being karmic in nature, this suggests a karmic influence in the involvement with Self in the areas of the 2nd house. (Opposition aspects have a different meaning in Vedic). So with the chart ruler, the Moon, so intimately connected with the rulers of wealth producing houses, and with the Moon from the 7th house fully aspecting the ascendant, the power place of the chart, yes the astrologer would say wealth. With Mars, the most powerful planet for Cancer Rising, so powerfully placed giving Ruchaka Yoga(Mars in own sign or exalted and in an angle). And with the mysterious nodes and the Sun force tapped into the houses of resources, the 2nd and the 8th, there is a Vedic signature for wealth.
 ......sincerely, David Burrows

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #16 - on: 26.12.2001 at 12:30 [UT] »

I would add to Glen's comment one aspect which he omitted in his brief analysis. That is, Saturn is exactly on the midpoint as well as conjunct Mars and Uranus, adding focus and responsibility to all that drive and ambition.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #17 - on: 01.01.2002 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Irene A. Masiello, CHC, RHy

Isn't it fascinating to see a stelliem in Leo (Rudy Guliani) replaced with a stellium in Aquarius, et al (Mr. Bloomberg)?
I have seen so many charts like Mr. Bloomberg's where there are so many prominent squares and the acheivement of great success. The conflict of that type of energy drives people to accomplishments.
Being a New Yorker I am saddened to see Rudy go. I was not a fan of his in the beginning of his administration but he rose to the occassion and proved me wrong.
Rudy approached his second Saturn return with deep compassion and assisted NY through this trying time. God bless Rudy.
Happy New Year to all. Thanks for the interesting commentary.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #18 - on: 02.01.2002 at 12:30 [UT] »

New Year's Greetings! The ceremony was fascinating to watch. Mr. Bloomberg seems much more introverted than Rudy, with the Venus and Mercury retrograde. Actually, RG has more air than fire, and more Gemini than Leo, with the rulers of the Ascendant and MC in Gemini as well as the sun in that sign. I think that RG has a good balance of energy, and that the earth (moon and Mercury) are what he exhibited most in the crisis. He could relate in a practical and matter of fact way that helped to calm and reassure everyone that the devastating death and destruction of the attack would be overcome. Mr. Bloomberg obviously has shrewd business savvy, and can contribute much to moving the city forward. RG seems to have a sense of who is right for a certain job, and the people of New York seem to have trusted him in this.
Note: A stellium should be at least 5 planets, although some astrologers accept fewer.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #19 - on: 05.01.2002 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Irene A. Masiello

Hi all, Gimelstar, my friend, I thought a stellium was 3 or more planets. Am I mistaken? Also, most of the time I count a heavily aspected ascendant as "a planet" when considering a chart like Rudy's, hence, I said he has a stellium in Leo. I miss Rudy already. NY is Rudy country. Happy 2002. PEACE!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Current Planets
13-Jul-2014, 17:28 UT/GMT
Sun21Cancer14'41"
Moon9Aquarius6'36"
Mercury0Cancer31'13"
Venus24Gemini9' 2"
Mars23Libra52'17"
Jupiter29Cancer23'58"
Saturn16Scorpio41' 6"r