Welcome as a guest in the Astrodienst forum. You can login to your Astro profile or register as a forum member.You can also remain in the guest status and navigate through this forum as a reader. 30.09.2014 at 18:52 [UT+1]

Forum Rules Home Help Search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print
Astro-Databank: Sandra Day O'Connor (Read 81 times)
Astro-Databank
Global Moderator
Astrodienst Staff
Adb editor

Astro-Databank: Sandra Day O'Connor
« on: 31.10.2005 at 12:30 [UT] »

Discussion about
Sandra Day O'Connor, born 26 March 1930 at 01:10 AM in El Paso TX

This discussion is imported from the  comment board on the  previous astrodatabank.com website.

Sandra Day O'Connor's chart was first presented on this site as a Mystery Person. Her identity was perhaps too easy to ascertain given your astuteness and the power of the Internet. Nevertheless, her chart presents a fascinating study, and the questions we asked before we officially revealed her identity provide good starting places for delineating her chart. Feel free to respond to the following questions which we have rephrased slightly now that her identity is known:
  • Where in the chart do you see the ability to balance family and work life? Can you describe her children or her husband from her chart?
  • What can you see in the chart about her roots, her early family background, her childhood, her education level, her intelligence?
  • What in the chart describes her career path in law, politics, the judiciary, and in writing books?
  • What clues are there in the chart about her ability to garner professional success despite early cultural resistance against women in the legal profession?
  • What are the factors that drive and motivate this person?
  • What does the chart reveal about financial conditions--in early childhood, her ability to earn income as an adult, and to share in her husband's income?
  • Where in the chart is her "fame" factor? What indicates that she would become a powerful and historic figure?

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

re: Sandra Day O'Connor
« Reply #1 - on: 31.10.2005 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User s chisholm

sandra day o'connor

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #2 - on: 31.10.2005 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Arlene Marcia Nimark

This is the chart of Sandra Day Oconner.
First I looked at the outer planets to see what year this person was born. Her outer planets indicate that she was born in 1930.
Her planets indicate power at the same time caring, and her ability to keep her working and home life separate are seen in her Moon/Mars= her Venus/Uranus. Her Sun is widely semi-square her Moon with a one degree orb.  
She has Saturn in her first, she is the first woman on the Suprem Court. Her Mercury is 1 degree and 15 minutes away from 0 Aries, otherwise known as the Cardinal axis. The world knows her opinions, or what she states reaches the masses. Here Mars is 15 minutes away from 7-1/2 degrees mutable, which is also also deemed the cardinal axis by us Uranian astrologers.  
Combine her Mars and Mercury and you have a person who is a quick thinker and responder.
She cast the swing vote that decided the outcome of the 2000 election that put GW Bush in the White. House

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #3 - on: 31.10.2005 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Sagrose 35

This is the chart of Sandra Day O'connor.  
Saturn in the first house describes her manner which is often described as cold and humorless. This probably also contributed to her appointments, as men around her viewed her as credible and creditable.
Uranus in the fourth shows that as a child, her parents sent her to be raised by her grandmother. (sudden separation)  
Jupiter in the sixth describes her work--justice and the law, as does Libra, cusp of the 10th house, and MC.
The sun in Aries indicates a pioneering spirit: she was the first woman to head the majority in the state senate of AZ, and the first woman on the Supreme Court.
Her Mercury is angular, giving it great strength and dominance in the chart, and is why she believed that the power she exerted on the court depended on the power of her arguments, not her gender. With a wide conjunction to her sun, her thinking dominates much of her work life. With a predominance of planets in the lower half of the chart, she is most comfortable not being center stage.
Three planets in the fourth indicate that her home is very important to her, and with Aries on the cusp of the 4th, her desire to build her own house is evident. (which she and her husband did)
She was able to blend her roles of work and mothering, in part because she did not resume full-time work until her youngest (of three boys was seven.
With the ruler of her secong house (Uranus) and the moon in the second, her wealth will always wax and wane.
Pluto in Cancer in the seventh could indicate a mate who obcesses about the family (children) if he thinks his wife isn't giving them enough attention and also indicates a mate who would be domestically involved (for help.)
Her neptune conjunct the cusp of the 9th house would indicate a very idealistic view of education and what it could provide for her. This was evidently tempered later by her 1st house Saturn, as she said: "The more education a woman has, the wider the gap between women's and men's earnings for the same work."
Other carreer paths she might have followed are publishing or teaching. (Jupiter)
I must admit that I could not stop myself from guessing, the biggest clue was the degree of Pluto.
Sagrose 35

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #4 - on: 31.10.2005 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Peggy Schick

what fun!!!!! I do love a mystery!!! I also love Horary for that reason!!!
Its fun to look at people like ourselves---aren't those the charts we read every day????
thanks Peggy

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #5 - on: 31.10.2005 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Juliuis Franco

1.- Where in the chart do you see the ability to balance family and work life?
 Ability or inhability??? with such a chart....
 2.- Can you describe her children or her husband from her chart?  
husband a plutonic politican , perhaps scorpio sign or cancer
lots of problems with the children... some of them neurotical a la freud style
 3.- What was her background like? What can you see in the chart about her roots,  
Humble
her early family background,
poor
 her childhood, her education level, her intelligence?  
 High intelligence, fast mind, a challenge to study but she did it
 What career paths might she have followed?  
 Journalism, law, writing, law, words, documents, peoples rights
What clues are there in the chart about professional success or lack thereof?  
 hard won success
Does she work in the public eye or behind-the-scenes?  
 perhaps somewhat behind scenes
What are the factors that drive and motivate this person? Does the chart reveal anything about financial conditions--early childhood, earned income, husband's income, inheritances etc?  
Husband income was variable, crazy, she helped him a lot
 What is her "fame" factor? If she is famous (in the news, well-known in her field or for a great achievement, invention etc., or a historic figure, etc), did fame come suddenly or over time?  
Over time. News. Historic figure

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #6 - on: 31.10.2005 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Liza

1. Husband: powerful, wealthy man (Pluto in Cancer, ruler Moon in 2nd) who raises her public profile (Moon trine MC, Pluto square it). Probably helps advance her career, though perhaps in odd or unpleasant ways (square). Balancing family and career is a key issue in her life (Pluto opp. Saturn, both widely square the MC/IC), a major struggle, and perhaps for that reason a major accomplishment.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #7 - on: 31.10.2005 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Liza

1. One more thing about the husband--Pluto in Cancer, Moon in Aquarius: he may take an unusual, more feminine role.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #8 - on: 31.10.2005 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Paula R. Gassmann, moderator

To Arlene: Could you please clarify your statement: "...and her ability to keep her home and working life separate are seen by Moon/Mars = Venus/Uranus". Did you mean this, or "Moon-Mars and Venus-Uranus"? Are you referring to midpoints here or the proximity of the planets you mention?  
To Sagrose 35. Can you explain more about why the degree of Pluto was the biggest clue for you?

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #9 - on: 31.10.2005 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User A. Day

This is a 'strong lady'..one who takes responsibility and does so willingly. Her husband she feels is her 'soul mate' He has supported her in many ways during the course of their life together..Her early beginnings may have been unsettled due to the loss of a parent or the fact that they may have not been taught how to parent. As a result, I don't believe she was a great parent, but the husband (and others) compensated for that fact. Her children may have succeeded financially but not emotionally. One may be 'lost' to her. She has literary ability, 'feels for the masses' and may not be what she appears to be on the surface. Under that velvet glove is an 'iron fist'. She's deceptive, but not by design, it is the other's preception of her and she often was underestimated by fallen foes. Her 'honor and success' comes from the balance of the law. However, she can be swayed by taking too long to make a 'judgement'....she always errs on the side of what's 'best for the masses'....I believe she was catapulted into prominence and was quite shocked herself when it occurred..seemingly. Lots of illussion connected with this damsel

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #10 - on: 31.10.2005 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Jotown

Yes this is the chart of Sandra Day O'Connor so there is no point in answering the questions and pretend that I don't know the answers already.
See you on the next newsmaker.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #11 - on: 31.10.2005 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User

I think this person did something to advance peoples' perception of accepted norms for women. Her Aries stellium including Sun, Venus and Uranus indicate forward-thinking values likely to startle and upset others. This is reinforced by the Aquarius Moon, which is isolated by lack of major aspects, suggesting independence and an unconventional view of female roles. The Capricorn ascendant and Taurus North Node suggest dogged persistence in working toward goals. Mercury and Mars in Pisces denote compassion and empathy, and would soften the delivery style of her message to ultimately make it more acceptable. But the Saturn-Pluto-Uranus T-square denote an iron will and the potential to be extremely powerful.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #12 - on: 31.10.2005 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User

Hey! The first thing it says about this feature is not to name the person! But a bunch of people did! That kind of ruins the point. How about a designated period of time not to identify the person, and then announce who it is, giving acknowlegement to those who were correct?

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #13 - on: 31.10.2005 at 12:30 [UT] »

The first post on this thread named the chart. Anybody would check that out. Once you do; the game is over isn't it?

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #14 - on: 31.10.2005 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Fran Rainbolt

COME ON GUYS , you got to get more original then this! Anyone who studies the biographies of famous people would immediately recognize this chart. I could have just started putting down all my interpretations and you would have thought WOW, how did she know that. I realize the purpose is not to guess who this is, but to delineate the chart without knowing. How can I do that when I knew who it was the moment I saw it. It would be so unethical to interpret this chart pretending I don't know who it is. Good luck to the rest of you.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #15 - on: 31.10.2005 at 12:30 [UT] »

<b>Fran wrote: </b> "How can I do that when I knew who it was the moment I saw it. It would be so unethical to interpret this chart pretending I don't know who it is."
Exactly my point. Anyone with just a bit of intelligence could merely check the outer planets for the year and then use the Sun for the day and do a google search to figure out who this was. And then post amazingly accurate comments pretending to be doing astrology. There is no way to stop someone from doing this; and someone always will.
So should I have pretended I didn't know who this was and amazed you with my delineation? Of course not. As Fran stated it would be unethical. But that wouldn't stop others from doing it. And for the record the first three posters identified this chart by name.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #16 - on: 31.10.2005 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User D.Martin Miller

Introvert, dynamic husband, works behind the scenes.
My guess is: either Valerie Plane, or Harriet Miers.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #17 - on: 31.10.2005 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Sagrose 35

Paula--
Pluto is the "generational planet," isn't it? I began by trying to isolate at least an age group.
When I looked in my ephemeris, Pluto was in cancer 1930. Once I knew her age, all fell into place.
There is a lot of power in her squares--all four. Saturn sq Sun, Saturn sq Uranus, Mars sq Jupiter, and Pluto sq Venus--power over women's issues, and obsession with these matters.
Sagrose 35

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #18 - on: 31.10.2005 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User b.h. evenson

spiritual being filled with great determination, Trailblazer and passionate independent thinker, Disciplined and structured in business an influencer in holistic healing systems.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #19 - on: 31.10.2005 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Mar

Very nice that the ADB offers this mystery chart!Smiley It is however pretty easy for an astrologer who knows how to google to find out the who's and how's. I'll try not to reveal a lot in my answers and stick to what I find in the chart.
Answers to the questions: 1. (balcance between work and family) - she IS an all balanced person (having all elements in her chart) and balance is her goal in life (Libra on the MC)
2. her background and father or familylife is important (Sun on cusp 4) but she might have differences of opinion with her father (Sun in the middle of Merc/Uranus). There may have been a sunny and busy youth.
3. with Mars opp. to Neptune she is not likely to work with her hands.  
She has verbal talents as is seen in midpointcombinations, such as Mercury with Jupiter/Pluto, Jupiter with Pluto/Nodes and Nodes with Mercury Jupiter. Jupiter in the sixth says her daily work is to advice, coach or form an opinion, like a doctor or a lawyer does. Jupiter inconjunct Saturn acc. to Ebertin indicates law, religion, high civil servants, politicians. Libra is on her MC: diplomacy is needed and dignity and finding a balance. She does this in a formal way (Saturn in 1, Capricorn ascendant. So talking or writing in order to advice, coach, teach or form an opinion with a certain grace, balance or diplomacy in a strict and formal way. She makes quick decissions (Sun aspecting Mercury/Saturn and Mercury/Uranus).
4. her Sun is on cusp IV so maybe she is in the public eye in a certain function (but not as a result of own products, creativity etc.) And always: strictly formal (Saturn)
5. idealism and doing something for the community drove her forwards (MC square Jupiter/Neptune and Sun/Nodes) on the one hand, on the other hand she has ruler 10 = Venus square Pluto. She wants to earn a lot of money, too.  
6. her husband 'brought something in ' (ruler 7 = Moon in 2) and there must have been real estate (ruler 2 in 4).  
7. I would not call her 'famous' in the scence that everybody knows her, but in her field she is well known (Sun on the axis 4/10) and she made is as a woman and mother (moon trine MC) in some special way (Aquarius). Moon in Aquarius has to do with emancipation. With Jupiter inconjunct Saturn she must have grown to be succesfull (in a sort of hierarchy).  
Quick scan: She is a rather balanced person (all the elements are involved) with an extraordinary energy (Aries/Aquarius) and a rather formal and 'stiff' attitude or she does things formaly (Capricorn ascendant and Saturn in 1).  
In the time she was young having a divorce was not commun, but she has ruler 1 = Saturn widely squaring Pluto (ruler 11) in 7, so maybe there is something hard or cruel in the relationship, something enduring (sticking together in spite off..). Maybe her husband is demanding equal or friend (Venus ruler 5 is square Pluto ruler 11 in the 7th ) but weak (Mars afflicting Neptune). On the other hand she has Moon sextile Venus and she will love to have children. Venus/Moon/Jupiter and Mercury /Venus/Jupiter midpoints make that impression even stronger. So does Moon trine MC. Familylife is a benefit in reachting her goals.
So: a woman having a carreer and having children with a demanding partner. A woman who likes to earn money while doing something right for society in a verbal job that makes her known but not worldfamous, all the while acting rather formal (and that will be the way she likes to present herself).

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print

Copyright © 2014 Astrodienst AG  - report a problem