Welcome as a guest in the Astrodienst forum. You can login to your Astro profile or register as a forum member.You can also remain in the guest status and navigate through this forum as a reader. 19.04.2014 at 06:00 [UT+1]

Forum Rules Home Help Search  
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Astro-Databank: Elian Gonzalez (Read 693 times)
Astro-Databank
Global Moderator
Astrodienst Staff
Adb editor

Astro-Databank: Elian Gonzalez
« on: 07.04.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

Discussion about
Elian Gonzalez, born 6 December 1993 at 07:22 AM in Cardenas

This discussion is imported from the  comment board on the  previous astrodatabank.com website.

• We have several dates at the end of his biography. Can anyone rectify the chart with these?
  • What can you read in the chart about whether he will stay in America or go back to Cuba.
  • Why has this little boy captured so much attention? What does this event mean to him and to this country.
  • Elian's father's foot touched the ground at 05:46:24" AM EDT, carrying is 6 month old son. At 07:11:57 AM EDT he gave a formal speech stating his intentions. Let the mundane astrologers among us cast the chart and tell us if this speech contained his true intentions or were a staged political event.  

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

re: Elian Gonzalez
« Reply #1 - on: 07.04.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Susan Aiu

In Hawaii we have a process that is quite common among families. One of the children of a larger family is "given" or hanai'd to another family, usually within the same larger family. My husband would have been hanai'd out but he was born prematurely, so the second son was given to another family to raise. Of course, mother Aiu went on to have 6 more kids. I mentioned this on my hotline AstroLine, and one client called to say that she had several hanais in her family. While a nice custom, it does make it difficult to trace the family tree later on. But the giving of a child is always done with love, and the child knows this, and therefore has two families, and two moms.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #2 - on: 07.04.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Natori Moore

I think Elian will live in the U.S., if not now, certainly eventually. His Sagittarius North Node suggests that developmentally he needs to reach out from beyond his familiar neighborhood and country of birth to become more international in his cultural understanding and scope. Most likely he will have a better chance of doing this in the U.S. As he gets older, he will move from being a pawn in a political situation to a spokesperson on critical diplomatic and cultural issues between the U.S. and Cuba that have applicability to international relations worldwide. He will certainly remember this simultaneous Pluto transit to his Sun (identity) and Moon (heritage) for the rest of his life.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #3 - on: 31.12.2000 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Frances Lee Rainbolt

The most striking connections are between Elian's chart and that of July 4, 1776. His Jupiter sets up a T-sqr to the Nodes of this date. When he left Cuba on Nov 21, the Nodes were making a return to the nodes of July 4, 1776. This does explain the public notoriety of such a journey and the interest of the American People at Large. Will he go back to Cuba? Well, with his Jupiter squaring our nodes, one might ask the question if this is the best place for him. This also explains the controversy over freedom vs. a communist regime into which he was born.  
P.S. A follow-up comment: In the Clifford Data files there are very few people, less than 2% (I use very tight orbs) that have Jupiter square the nodes. One of them is Christopher Reeves. His freedom was taken away in May, 1995. This makes me ask the question, "Will he ever get it back?"

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #4 - on: 07.04.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Tom Clewis

While I am not sure I am able to rectify Elian's chart, I see nothing in his chart that would keep him in America; he will not stay in his home country in Cuba. Just take a look in his Ninth House of international travel, foreign lands, and cultures! It's loaded with planets in it's own sign of Sagittarius. He may be destined to become some sort of international diplomat. I see a couple of reasons why this little boy received so much attention so suddenly. First, look at his Tenth House of Public Affairs. Uranus conjunct Neptune. This child "suddenly" (Uranus) became the focus of attention of the world (Ninth House) by being rescued from the dangerous waters (Neptune), resulting in the subsequent Government (Tenth House) squabbling over whether he should allowed to stay or go back to his homeland. The intensity surrounding Elian is explained by his natal Sun conjuncted by transiting Pluto!

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #5 - on: 07.04.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Wendy Kleinfield

In looking at the chart, I was immediately struck with the fact that the lines depicting the squares and oppositions, as well as the single trine, form the glyph for Sagittarius! How strange.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #6 - on: 07.04.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Frances Lee Rainbolt

Rectification tips for Elian's chart: I think one could start with the Last Quarter Moon on the day he was born. Since his parents divorced prior to his birth, it is my feeling that the Qtr moon had already taken place before his birth, but not much time after the square. 10:49:20 AM, I think, is the exact square to degree, minutes and seconds of arc.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #7 - on: 07.04.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Dorothy J. Kovach

Thank you for presenting such an interesting puzzle for us to ponder. While I felt the Aries rising that you presented at your website was a very intriguing, with it's preponderance of planets in the 9th house, in Sagittarius, I felt that certain aspects of the story could not be portrayed by this chart when it was shifted backwards and forwards. I also am grateful to Mr. Alfonso Osario, for sharing what our Latin American neighbors call little 'Elian', 'El Balserito'. Now the Aries rising does have Mars rulership, but with the Aries rising, Mars is off in an cadent house, and I felt strongly that in order to make it through such a journey, relatively unscathed, there needed to be a very good supply of strength and vitality. Therefore I came to the conclusion that Elian was born around 7am using both the tropical sky and western traditional techniques, as well as the sidereal sky using Jyotish.  
The '7am-ish chart places both the Sun as well as Mars, both planets of 'gusto' right in the 1st house, the undisputed house of strength for a planet, in either system. Further, this time provides the necessary ingredient that the Aries rising does not, that is the death of the Mother. I needed to find that factor which could describe both Elian's strength, vitality as well as sheer luck. Honing the chart back to 6:33am est, satisfies this need for me, since this gives a 9 degree Sagittarius rising, from a tropical point of view and places transiting Pluto right on the degree of Elian's ascendant at the time of both this fantastic journey which kills his mother. Further, progressing the chart to the date that he arrives on US soil, will put the ruler of his 9th house (by Regiomontanus Houses), the Sun, right exactly on Elian's secondarily progressed Ascendant, while his progressed Sun will be very close to his own Mars. For the protection needed to make this journey, there is Venus close to the natal Ascendant, but also progressing to just beyond the natal 1st cusp, and even more descriptive, is the ruler of the MC the representative of the Mother in traditional western astrology, Mercury tragically very close to Transiting Pluto, at Elian's ascendant, which is the turned 4th (end of life) for the Mother, with Elian's secondarily progressed Moon, right at his Natal Ascendant in square to his part of Fortune, her misfortune. Further using the 6:33a time, places Elian's diurnal Ascendant exactly on his natal Pluto on the date of the launch, and his diurnal Ascendant on Mercury, the aforementioned ruler of his MC, around the time of her death. Another interesting thing happens if you look at the chart of the launch, for those who don't place value on taking the time to draw electional for important missions. Looking at just the movements of the Moon, alone for the chart of the launch (4:30am Cardenas, Nov21,99), we see the Moon at 1 degree of Taurus, (tropical) separating from the conjunction of optimistic Jupiter, and moving towards the conjunction of negative, Saturn, and in between, the Moon would square both Neptune, and the South Node, as well as Uranus, and Mercury! Looking at the night that Elian's mother is said to have died, the transitting Moon was conjoined to Elian's natal South Node, a traditional indication of drowning, while at the same time, in a perfect square to Elian's diurnal MC, and that MC in a quincunx to transitting Neptune, all very descriptive of his mother's passing, as well as the way in which she passed.  
Looking at the 6:33am chart, from an Eastern perspective, several combinations (yogas) are present in the 6:33a chart which are not only striking, but also, to my way of thinking, reflective of the events that he endured, as well as the controversy that ensued once he touch American shores. Some say that little Elian has rekindled the cold war, now played out the streets of Miami, and Havana. Interestingly enough, using the 6:33am chart, our young Elian, like many military leaders (including Hitler) before him, will have the Ruchakayoga, formed when Mars in it's own sign and in an angle. According to Charak this will make him either ' the commander of a great army or a the leader of a gang of thieves.' Hard to say which the protesters in Miami are, but recent footage of him waving to the crowd, certainly looks like a captain waving to his troops. Now the interesting thing about this Mars yoga, is that it remains from both the Sun and the Moon when placed on he Ascendant, making it a triple Ruchakayoga, and making him truly the El Balserito, he is called! He also has in this chart the combination of Mars and Mercury, in his first, this is known to be a combination for great fighters. Note that Mars and Mercury are in Scorpio, a mute sign, and you never ever hear little Elian speak.
[continued in next posting]

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #8 - on: 07.04.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

[continued from posting above:] by Dorothy J. Kovach
Next we must consider what he has been through, both a miraculous journey, as well as the premature loss of his mother. This is a scar that will stay with him for life, therefore the death of his mother should be apparent from the natal chart. Looking at the 6:33am chart, we use the 4th to represent the mother, and there in Elian's 4th is Saturn, in his own sign, receiving the full aspect of the natural ruler of Mothers, the Moon, this would easily represent death of the Mother, especially since if you look at it from the chandra lagna, (Moon placed on the Ascendant) then Saturn, natural ruler of the grave is aspecting the Moon as well, a double whammy indication for separation or death of the mother. Saturn is in it's own sign and also angular, this is known in the east as a Shasha Yoga, this is said to give a cruel nature, but also interestingly it is supposed to give again, courage, and valor, as well as 'leadership over an army', I think those people in front of Elian's uncle's house would die for him. It is interesting to note that both the Ruchakayoga and the Shasha yogas are both considered 'mahaparusha yogas' and in order for them to be significantly powerful Charak says that both the Sun and Moon must be strong, and in Elian's chart with the Sun and the Moon both in kendras (angular) they are both strong. Further, the 6:33am time gives him a Scorpio Navamsa, a vargottoma ascendant, something I believe definitely helps when it comes to popularity.  
Now to look to see when all this bares fruit. According to Vimshottari Dasa, Elian was born during a Venus Dasa, with a Rahu Bhuktis, and a Rahu Antardasa. During his journey he would have still been in his Venus Dasa, but as of May of 1999 he entered his Saturn Dasa, this will bring the issues of the Mother (since Saturn rules the 4th) but also issues of the father, since Saturn is a natural ruler of the father. During this time Elian's mother met a new man, who became Elian's stepfather, and this journey also took his Mother away from him, as well as his natural father, and brought yet another new paternal image into his arena of consciousness, that of his great uncle. During the launch his antaradas was Mercury the ruler of his 8th house of peril, as well as the ruler of his house of inheritance, as well as his 11th house of riches. Mercury aspects Venus (not to mention his own ruler Mars, and the Sun, and Rahu), this aspect by the his dhana house ruler Mercury, certainly reflects the great wealth that he has come into as a result of this journey

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #9 - on: 07.04.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Eve de Alberich

UPDATE: The Coast Guard reports that they were notified at 09:30 AM on Nov. 25, 1999 that two fishermen were on the scene with an innertube and a five year old Cuban boy about five miles east of Fort Lauderdale, Fla. They also found that the body of an elderly lady was also lashed to the same inner tube. The location of Elian was about five miles east of Commercial Blvd. The boy was relatively unmarked as reported, although others that were picked up were not (the Coast Guard was notified about 06:20 AM on Nov. 25,1999, of a cuban man and woman clinging to an inner tube near Key Biscayne). It has also been reported that the INS had said on Dec. 01, 1999 that the case would be referred to family court. Greg Craig, the President's former Impeachment attorney and now lawyer for Miguel Gonzalez is being paid for by the National Council of Churches, but they do not say who any donors to the case might be.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #10 - on: 31.12.2000 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Wilbur

Something must be wrong with me or it must be the time at late night or something or my Solar Fire is busted. Based on the approximate time given, Elian's ascendant can be no where near 0 degrees Aries but rather at 2 degrees and fifty minutes Pisces. Rectifying somewhat by Solar arc the Solar arc Saturn moved across his ascendant at about the time that he set out with his mother on November 21. This would give Elian a birth time at approximately 11:54 A.M.; The Ascendant would be approximately 0 degrees and 55 minutes Pisces. SA Saturn crossed the "waters of Pisces". Obviously the midheaven is at about 9 degrees twenty nine minutes Sagittarius as the transiting Pluto is right on top of this midheaven at 9 degrees fifty three minutes complete change and recognition - control and government influence.  
Of course Jupiter is not in the 8th house as shown but on the cusp of the equal house 9th house promising foreign travel - and yes his 9th house is ruled by "Pluto" - complete change and control.  
Another way to verify house and sign placement is to look at the nearest preceding New Moon or "lunation"; November 8th at 3:53 A.M. GMT: The effects of the New Moon last until the next full moon which occurred after November 21. The New Moon which influences Elian's chart for this date was at 15 degrees Scorpio and 17 minutes - Exactly in his 9th house sextile his Moon - long trip with his mother. On the day of the New Moon transiting Pluto was at 9 degrees 25 minutes - only 4 minutes from my suggested midheaven. Transiting Mercury was at 0.52 degrees Sagittarius - 10th house cusp and retrograde promising difficulty in the trip. On November 21 transiting Mercury had retrograded back into the house almost exactly conjunct the New Moon position at 16 degrees Scorpio- and triggers or points out the action and house.  
Therefore we can be reasonably certain of the 9th house and it's ruler being Scorpio; the Ascendant with solar arc at 0.55 degrees Pisces and the midheaven at about 9 degrees and 29 minutes. Now he has transiting Saturn in the 3rd house of the media and transiting Pluto traveling back towards that midheaven - but not touching it exact. With that crowded 10th house and Pluto's havoc with the conjunction and squares it is safe to say that Elian's problem are not yet over. Soon, transiting Uranus will cross that Ascendant - sudden and unexpected - possible change in city or country of residence - while Saturn is playing havoc in that 4th house. No, Elian's home life (Gemini - it's ruler Mercury ay 29 degrees Scorpio squaring Saturn and his Ascendant) will continue to be difficult or at least problematic.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #11 - on: 07.04.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

Using a Tropical Placidus-True Node Chart for the Event on April 06th, 2000 at Dulles Airport:  
<b>1. MIDHEAVEN: Who Is Prominent?</b>  Midheaven = 14 Capricorn = "A Rescuer"  Ruler = Saturn 1st conjunct Part of Fortune in Taurus by one degree:   Quote:

An important person within the environment who, although important within the environment, is still submissive to someone more important than himself. He is favored with resources.

<b>10TH HOUSE: WHAT ARE HIS CONCERNS? </b>Neptune 06 Aquarius Exact Conjunct "Part of Lying" at 06 Aquarius Conjunct South Node at 01 Aquarius = "Someone Who Knows What to Do" or "Who Has Anticipated Events".  
(Neptune) A "backroom deal" or "Deception",  (Part of Lying) "Not Telling the Truth",  (South Node) the Past, an Old Situation.  
<b>2. ASCENDANT: WHAT IS THE SITUATION ABOUT?</b>  Ascendant = 25 Aries = "A Rescue At Sea"  Ruler Mars in First Exact Conjunct Jupiter in First at 10 Taurus.  
<b>FIRST HOUSE: WHAT IS GOING ON?</b>  Mars Exact conjunct Jupiter at 10 Taurus = A Person In a Hostile Environment, Moon at 09 Taurus = A Great Tragedy.  
(Mars) Conflict and Discontent  (Jupiter) Costing a Lot of Money.  (Moon) Domestic Concerns, a Mother or Child or Both  
<b>3. DESCENDANT: HIS DEALINGS WITH OTHERS?</b>  Descendant = 25 Libra = A con-artist who uses the Media  Ruler Venus in 12th, = One Who Does the Bidding of a Distorter of Truth.  
Venus 29 Pisces 12th = Favorable but secret undertakings with foreign countries.  
<b>7TH HOUSE EMPTY</b>  
<b>4. NADIR: THE LOCATION & HIS PLACE IN IT?  </b>Nadir = 14 Cancer = The Urge to Accomplish  Ruler = Moon in First  
(Moon) Before the Public  (First) The Country as a Whole  
<b>4TH HOUSE: WHAT HAPPENS THERE?</b>  North Node 00 Leo = Misdirected Zeal.  
(North Node) A New Situation, the Future  
Ruler of Node = Sun 16 Aries 12th = An Emotional Plea  
Sun in 12th = Unwanted Publicity  
<b>5. SINGLE FINAL DISPOSITER:</b>  
URANUS 19 Aquarius = Air Travel, and/or To Address an Audience  
Uranus in 11th = A Surprising Development with Legal Controlling Authority

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #12 - on: 31.12.2000 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Jan Warren Allen

After you published Elian's birth date, I got curious about his time of birth. In rectification I use the method in which you turn all of the degree numbers into corresponding ages, up to 30 years old. Then you add 30 to the original degree number to get to the middle years of the life; then another 30 to that to get to one's older years. So with Elian's Jupiter at 5 degrees and 22 minutes of Scorpio he had a Jupiter experience at 5 years old, which was a foreign trip which was very much a Scorpio life and death experience. The fact that he miraculously survived the ordeal prompted me to put 5 degrees of Pisces on the ascendant to trine his Jupiter, which corresponds to the birth time being at 12:07pm. He said he repeated a prayer he knew over and over asking his guardian angel to stay with him to protect him, which fits into the scenario. The information about his drifting for 50 hours in the ocean, and whenever he began to sink into the water, a dolphin would come beneath him to push him back up inside the inner tube also fits in. And the fact that some Cubans in Miami even believe that Elian has supernatural and/or healing powers and clamor just to touch him; all very Piscean indeed!  
It is interesting that when he was picked up on November 25th the Moon was at 5 degrees of Cancer, forming a grand trine to his Jupiter and alleged ascendant.  
His natal Moon (mother) at 15 degrees and 18 minutes of Virgo squares his Sun (father) at 14 degrees and 36 minutes of Sagittarius which ties into their differences and ultimately their parting. The Moon in the legal 7th house also indicates the legal dilemma that has surfaced in connection to where his home should be. In March and early April as the transiting Sun, Venus and Mercury in Pisces came around to form a t-square these placements, the situation became even more emotional and heated.  
Elian's north node is at 2 degrees of Sagittarius, and the day he was found the transiting Sun was at that degree, which is the clue that what happened to him was truly a destined experience for some reason. The south node in his 3rd house is also the 12th house of his mother, and of course the day he was saved he probably began to know that he would be separated from her forever.  
Furthermore his south node at 2 degrees and 26 minutes of Gemini is conjunct the natal Moon in the U.S. chart which I follow; that is the chart for the signing of the Articles of Confederation which took place on November 15, 1777 at 12:46pm at York Pennsylvania. So this explains why the American public got so caught up in this whole drama.  
Notice that in Elian's chart, his mid-heaven is at 12 degrees and 30 minutes of Sagittarius where transiting Pluto is hovering right now.  
His Sun in the 10th house in Sagittarius surly brought him fame in connection to a foreign situation, and all of the other placements in his ninth house surely brings in a far off land, and more legal turmoil in his life as well. Venus in the 9th(enjoying being in a different country) t-squaring the 1st and 7th house cusps would seem to indicate that he probably won't be able to stay here and will be disappointed.  
However, there might be a larger purpose to this story than just where Elian ends up living. It might be ultimately to bring our attention to the difficult situation between the U.S. and Cuba, and to get us past our stalemate with them finally, after 40 some odd years of estrangement.  
Jan Warren Allen is the president of the Milwaukee chapter of the N.C.G.R. and is certified at level IV in research. She is also on the writing staff of Dell's Horoscope magazine.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #13 - on: 07.04.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Maggie Anderson

Astrology provides an alternative symbolic language by which to understand our world. In this language, a limited number of heavenly bodies and points in the horoscope symbolize an infinite number of earthly objects, events and human associations. Therefore, each represents many things which express the quality of that planet. Saturn's primary function is to set limits and boundaries. Saturnian energies can take the form of self-discipline, control, government, stone walls and stonewalling, to name but a few. Jupiter's function is exactly opposite that of Saturn, that of expansion. Some of Jupiter's expressions come in the form of optimism, freedom, laissez faire economics, behemoths, and benevolence.  
Newsworthy events reflect the activity of particular planets. Astrologers have been anxiously anticipating the "grand conjunction" by longitude of Saturn and Jupiter on May 28, 2000, which occurs approximately every twenty years. However, these two planets were conjunct by declination during the week of April 3, 2000 in the sign of Taurus. We then began to get a hint of things to come throughout the end of May. Saturn energies predominated when boundaries were instated on unlimited corporate growth. The court ruled against Microsoft Industries in a government antitrust suit, saying it was indeed a monopoly. It's still undecided how this software giant will be divided up into smaller companies.  
Unlimited expansion generated by Jupiter can result in too much of a good thing. That's when Saturn steps in and sets new limits, as it did in the Microsoft case when it set limits on the behemoth of the software industry. Saturn has the upper hand now because it's stronger in Taurus than Jupiter is. Taurus is a fixed or stable earth sign and Saturn is more at home there because its job is to establish stability. Jupiter, the faster moving planet, moves right past Saturn after May 28, 2000 and begins another round of expansion. It will have learned the rules and how to work within them.  
The effects of major planetary conjunctions are long, drawn out affairs, beginning when the two planets get close to one another. Another Saturn-Jupiter event captured the attention of the media and the public in the early months of the Year 2000 - the Elian Gonzalez story. Elian is the six-year-old Cuban boy whose mother drowned while attempting to flee with him from Cuba. Taken in by relatives in Miami, Elian is the subject of a legal struggle between his biological father in Cuba, backed by Castro's Cuban government, and the exiled Cuban community in Florida. Elian's Miami relatives escaped the limitations of a repressive government and want the same privilege for Elian. They've claimed expanded familial rights over Elian's biological father for the boy's custody. They also want to expand the age of self-determination by allowing the six year old to choose where he wants to live.  
The wildly fluctuating stock market is High tech stocks listed on the NASDAQ reached an all time high. Shortly afterwards, the NASDAQ experienced the biggest one-day point loss in history, dragging down traditional stocks of the DOW with it. Investors have reason for concern. Internet stocks based on a rapidly expanding emergent technology drove the growth of the NASDAQ. Some stocks grew an astounding four thousand percent in a few months. Wall Street pundits are concerned the bubble will burst because stock prices don't accurately reflect the real earnings of these companies. News of the court ruling limiting Microsoft sent the stocks tumbling.  
The last two stories share more than the inherent conflict born of a Saturn-Jupiter conjunction. Astrologers divide the horoscope wheel into twelve sections called houses and each one represents certain people and events. The stock market and Elian Gonzalez are connected through their association with the fifth house because it signifies speculative investments and children. The shared quality is that they're both risky ventures and the final outcome is unpredictable. We never know for sure whether we'll make or loose money in the stock market or how our little darlings are going to turn out. (The fifth house also represents love affairs and sex but we won't go there now!) . Current Saturn-Jupiter events in the news will reach a crises level near the same time. For instance, expect the court's decision on Microsoft's break-up, major moves in Elian Gonzalez' and a major stock market correction to occur close to the same dates. Because Saturn is stronger than Jupiter now, Elian will be returned to his father in Cuba and NASDAQ stocks will tumble. If exiled Cubans riot in the streets of Miami, investors will panic and dump other stocks too.
[continued in next posting]

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #14 - on: 07.04.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

[continued from posting above:] by Maggie Anderson
Each of these three stories accurately reflects how the unbridled expansion of Jupiter is corrected by the controls of Saturn. The universe periodically makes sure we don't become victims of our own unbridled optimism

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #15 - on: 13.04.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

UPDATE: April 13, 2000:  
1) Elian tells his father via videotape that he doesn't want to go back to Cuba. The Miami family made the tape sometime after midnight, "in the wee hours of the morning" and it was released to 'Univison' early that morning. The first playing of the tape I saw took place about 08:30 AM EDT. The family swears they did not coach him and these are his own thoughts. Juan Miguel, Elian's father was reportedly "outraged" that the child was allowed to release a statement without his (Juan Miguel's) permission.  
2) Also on this day, Juan Miguel was seen giving protestors and reporters the "full extent of the middle finger of his left hand" in reply to their queries.  
3) Finally, A 2:00 PM EDT deadline came and went as Janet Reno and the Justice Department was said to have "blinked"  
4) The Florida state court threw out Elian's case saying it did not have jurisdiction over federal matters. The Federal 11th Circuit Court of Appeals issued an Injunction which prevents Elian being taken out of the country while it examines an Appeal filed on Elian's behalf by the Miami family. This Injunction does not prevent Elian from being with, nor meeting with, his Father. Janet Reno could still collect Elian, but is choosing not to do so.  
April 14, 2000:  
1) Around 11:00 AM EDT (I saw it live on TV at 11:30 AM EDT, it was quite vivid), Elian's home was draped by a Rainbow that seem to appear directly above his house after earlier rains abated. The crowd reportedly saw this as a mystical sign. A group of "women in black", holding rosaries, pray constantly outside the home. A religious fervor seems to be building to ever increasing dimensions regarding Elian.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #16 - on: 07.04.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

THE MOON & ELIAN  
1. I am proposing 3:00:30" PM as an Astrological Time of Birth for Elian as his actual time is not currently known. I use Placidus and the True Node:  
2. This chart gives the Ascendant as: 01 Taurus 58' Midheaven as: 22 Capricorn 45' Part of Peril as: 12 Capricorn 23' Dark Moon Lilith as: 10 Aquarius 48' True Node as: 02 Sagittarius 58' Sun as: 14 Sagittarius 43'  
3. At the time Elian left Cuba, using 4:30 AM on 11/21/1999:     Moon leaving Cuba: 01 Taurus 52'      Elian's Natal Ascendant: 01 Taurus 58'  
4. Using time Mother died as 12:22 AM on 11/24/1999:     Moon at Mother's slipping in Ocean: 14 Gemini 43'      Elian's Natal Sun in 8th: 14 Sagittarius 43'  
5. Using time Elian was found as 09:30 AM on 11/25/1999:     Moon at time Elian found in Ocean: 05 Cancer 38'      Elian's Natal Jupiter in 7th (Others): 05 Scorpio 23'  
6. Using the time of Father's arrival at Dulles on 4/06/1999:     Moon & Jupiter Exact at Arrival: 10 Taurus 27'      Elian's Lilith in 10th: 10 Aquarius 48'  
7. In Elian's Natal chart, when he left Cuba, showed the midpoint pattern of:     Natal Node/Transitting Pluto/Natal Sun: 8th House      which indicates: "A Mass Destiny Shared with Others"  
8. I believe Elian's Natal Uranus-Neptune Conjunction in his Natal Ninth House is an indicator for the religious fervour surrounding the boy in that there is a Midpoint pattern formed from:     Natal Midheaven/Natal Uranus/Natal Neptune:      "To Be the Cause of Sudden Events", and      "A Television Personality" and      "Sudden Events" regarding "The Mystical"  
9. Elian's Part of Peril is in the 9th house at 12 Capricorn 23' conjunct his natal Neptune at 19 Capricorn 35'.     When his mother slipped away, there was a transitting Midpoint pattern formed by Moon/Saturn = Uranus at 13 Aquarius 17' indicating:     "Disturbing and Sudden Separations in the Evening Hours,      Sudden Emotional Suffering, and      Sudden Separation from a Woman or the Mother"  
    This overlapped Elian's Part of Peril & His Natal Sun:     Natal Sun in 8th = Transitting Moon      Natal Part of Peril in 9th = Transitting Saturn  
[Formula for Part of Peril: Asc + Ruler of 8th - Saturn]

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #17 - on: 15.04.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

UPDATE:  
1. At the Miami Gonzalez home, on Saturday, April 15th, 2000, at 05:40 PM EDT, Elian received a phone call from his father. During the approximately twenty minute call, and under the observation of a Miami Herald reporter, Elian was reported to have "spoken softly, said 'yes' frequently, paced, walked in circles, climbed into a baby stroller, fidgeted, and at the end of the call, blown kisses into the phone, then, went to his room and cried".  
2. Lazaro Gonzalez allowed the Herald reporter access to show that the family had not been lying about Elian's reactions.  
3. In a sworn affidavit, Orlando Rodriguez, a self-described friend of both Elian's parents in Cuba, Rodriguez accuses Juan Miguel of having abused Elian's mother.  
4. Juan Miguel denies these allegations.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #18 - on: 31.12.2000 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User E. Alan Meece

I notice in the chart that his Sun and Moon are strongly squared, a classic indication of conflict between the parents. The Moon's ruler Mercury is conjunct Pluto, symbol of death. I expected him to be a fire sign, since he seems a very spirited little boy. sun conjunct Mars in Sagittarius confirms my expectations. Rather than the time of Elian's father's arrival in America, I look to the eclipse of August 11, 1999 for clues about the mundane significance of this event. That's because the great grand cross in that chart occurred exactly on the angles in Havana Cuba at eclipse time. The obvious prediction was that Castro might be in danger of being toppled. But the fact that the eclipse was in Leo (children) may have indicated that this event might destabilize US-Cuba relations. It could eventually lead to a thaw. That's better news than I expected from the eclipse.  
By the way, I think eclipses like the one in August are significant for months afterward, and are among the most significant astrological events mundanely. Some kind of world event involving Cuba was all but inevitable after the great grand-cross eclipse struck the angles of Cuba!

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #19 - on: 19.04.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

UPDATE:  
1. At 2:40 PM EDT (April 19, 2000): The news announcement came that the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals in Atlanta,GA, have extended a court order to keep Elian Gonzalez in the United States and barring anyone from trying to remove him for the country, as follows:  
"...It appears that never have INS officials attempted to interview plaintiff about his own wishes..." "...It is not clear that the INS, in finding plaintiff's father to be the only proper representative, considered all of the relevant factors--particularly the child's separate and independent interests in seeking asylum..." "...(We)doubt that protecting a party's day in court, when he has an appeal of arguable merit, is contrary to the public interest..." "...we fail to see how an injunction in the case infringes upon the congressional power..." "...Not only does it appear the plaintiff might be entitled to apply personally for asylum, it appears that he did so. According to the record, plaintiff -- although a young child -- has expressed a wish that he not be returned to Cuba..."  
2. Lazaro Gonzalez was originally awarded temporary custody and had filed for an asylum hearing before the appeals court with oral arguments set to begin on May 11, 2000.  
3. The court did not address Elian meeting with his father, but if that meeting were to take place in an environment deemed to be the equivalent of a Cuban embassy setting, it would violate the court's order not to take the boy out of the country.  
4. This court ruling also appears to address how the Clinton Administration and Janet Reno's Justice Department is interpreting the "rule of law", in that it has more or less contradicted Janet Reno and the Clinton Administration have interpreted the "rule of law" in these events. Janet Reno herself spoke of the ruling as a possible criticism of her judgments in the matter. Janet Reno want the boy with his father and and back in Cuba and maintains that this would be best for the boy. She herself has seen Elian, but never interviewed him nor asked him his own wishes.  
5. It has been suggested that the Univsion video of Elian expressing his desire to stay in the U.S. may have been a major deciding factor. The crowds in Little Havana who have held a non-stop vigil around Elian's home are euphoric over the ruling seeing the ruling as a victory for freedom and the true rule of law over what they see as behind the scenes power-brokering between those in governmental positions in Cuba and the U.S. and possibly even the National Council of Churches.  
6. Sister Jeanne O'Laughlin, of Barry University, has stated she is happy over the ruling.  
7. The 11th Circuit has said that a child may speak for himself, may apply for asylum and deserves to be heard in a court of law ... that a child does have rights as an individual distinct from the child's position as the offspring of his parents.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Current Planets
19-Apr-2014, 04:59 UT/GMT
Sun29Aries3'59"
Moon18Sagittarius2'16"
Mercury21Aries26'35"
Venus14Pisces28'34"
Mars15Libra3'26"r
Jupiter13Cancer20'49"
Saturn21Scorpio34'30"r