Uranus12Aries34'11"r4n21
    Neptune5Pisces9'27"10s18
    Pluto12Capricorn48'43"20s39
    TrueNode16Libra19'44"r6s25
    Chiron13Pisces27'51"2s11
    Explanations of the symbols
    Chart of the moment
| My Astro | Forum | FAQ
Welcome as a guest in the Astrodienst forum. You can login to your Astro profile or register as a forum member.You can also remain in the guest status and navigate through this forum as a reader. 21.12.2014 at 19:22 [UT]

Forum Rules Home Help Search  
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Astro-Databank: Xanana Gusmao (Read 90 times)
Astro-Databank
Global Moderator
Astrodienst Staff
Adb editor

Astro-Databank: Xanana Gusmao
« on: 29.05.2002 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

Discussion about
Xanana Gusmao, born 21 June 1946 at 12:10 AM in Dili

This discussion is imported from the  comment board on the  previous astrodatabank.com website.

• Like Gandhi, Xanana came to represent the conscience of a nation in a fight to overthrow the oppressor. Unlike Gandhi, Xanana believed in violence to accomplish the mission. Are there similarities between the charts that make both men charismatic moral leaders? Can you find the difference between a violent and a non-violent revolutionary from their chart? ( Mohandas Gandhi  )
  • Looking at the period November 1992 to September 1999 could you have predicted his imprisonment and release?
  • How does his chart interact with the chart of East Timor ?

« Last Edit: 25.03.2009 at 21:35 [UT] by Alois »  
  IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

re: Xanana Gusmao
« Reply #1 - on: 29.05.2002 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Luis Ribeiro

Hello
Just a note on Timor's Chart:  
Being a Portuguese astrologer I've paid special attention on Timor's independence process. I saw the TV live broadcast of the ceremony and the proclamation of the republic occurred exactly at 00:24 (JST -9:00). Several Portuguese news agencies confirm this time. The ASC will be at 23ºAqu29'
Best regards

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #2 - on: 30.05.2002 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Bill Lindsay

1. Gandhi and Gusmao...though the 8th House here is strong with Jupiter, it doesn't have nearly the spiritual slant that Gandhi's does. Gandhi has Scorpio rising (in my system, the Scorpio point is closer to the rising degree than the Libra point) with Mercury about to rise. This chart has more of a 5th House inclination, with the Sun powerful near Cancer and 'in' the 4th House. His Pluto is in Leo, in the 5th, so there is motivation to change, but Fire signs give the passion of the individual. With Aries near the rising degree, he certainly wants power. He has Mars at the Virgo point, so there is certainly some method involved, the use of aggression to get things done, and it is opposite his Moon in Pisces, so he believes in taking action in order to create a peaceful home. In Gandhi's chart, the Sun isn't nearly as powerful (and neither is the 5th House), and Gandhi had the Moon in the 11th, square to Mars, he always was in a struggle with his own desires, whereas Gusman finds a way to live comfortably with them. I see that both men have Uranus on the 10th/4th axis, so both were popular with their public, and both have Jupiter in the 8th so they had access to secret knowledge, though Gandhi's Jupiter is more powerful and not nearly as challenged. Though Gandhi struggled with his Mars/aggression principle, Gusmao uses his for a purpose. 2. 1992-1999 there were some heavy challenges to his Jupiter, specifically with Uranus and Neptune transiting his 11th House. With an 8th House Jupiter, he would find growth while ensconced away in some way, here it was in a negative way through imprisonment. In November 1992 there was also a lot of 'late' Scorpio/9th House activity (planets moving towards Sagittarius)--the Sun, Mercury and Pluto. He is essentially a gentle man (with Sun near Cancer, Moon near Pisces, and Mars near Virgo, and Mercury conjunct Saturn) with strong morals, his beliefs were pushing him to take action, though he was concerned with the ethics behind them(I have not yet read the bio). Being in prison (=solitude) sure makes some things easier, so he had time to focus on hows and whys. 3. East Timor....I see that there are some very strong connections with his Sun, Uranus and Jupiter/Neptune and many of this chart's planets. But this chart has a weak Jupiter and a weak and challenged Sun(near Gemini). He may feel like the country is totally dependent upon his will and strength, and that there is very little real self-motivation among the people, beyond an obsessive subservience(?) to him. This country was born during a First Quarter Moon, where the Moon is in a departing square with the Sun, so it would have a hard time being self-contained and meeting its needs through its own strength, the Moon is also near the 7th House so there is heavy dependence upon outside help. I see also a setup where he is struggling against others who hunger for this kind of authority, where he is constantly being criticized (through the Gemini Sun in this chart) about his methods and ways of doing things (with his Virgo Mars). The real life-force of this country is very weak and dependent, and power may change hands very quickly and with suddenness, especially with Uranus square to the Sun. The greatest power here seems to be with the one who has the most smarts and that does not necessarily contribute to strong moral grounding.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #3 - on: 01.06.2002 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Tim Rubald

Hi Folks, You list the time that was planned, but apparently the actual events unfolded to a slightly different schedule (Mercury Rx?). You may want to update your information. What follows is a letter from Carl Smith to Astro-Weather, an astrometeorology list that I subscribe to. Carl's recorded the events in actual time as he listened to ABC News radio report.
Best,
Tim
Tim Rubald, C.A. NCGR, C.A.P. ISAR Certified Professional Astrologer Consultations Since 1970
Letter from Carl Smith to Astro-Weather:
East Timor! First new nation of the 21st century! 20th May 2002
12:00 am East Timor Time [UTC+9hrs] Official time set for the flag raising ceremony of the UN handover to the new nation of East Timor.
On the 1am AEST [UTC+10hrs = 12:00am East Timor Time] ABC radio news, part of Kofe Annan's handover speech was broadcast.
Actual Events as they unfolded on live ABC radio cross (all in East Timor Time):
12:10am a gospel song is being sung as the flag is marched to the pole - somewhat behind schedule. 12:17am ceremonial pronouncement speech begins 12:23 Shouts of Viva East Timor! Glory to the heroes of our liberation! 12:24????? about to raise flag - line dropped out!!!! 12:26 resumed broadcast - National Anthem of East Timor being played as flag goes up pole. 12:27 Anthem finished, the flag is at the top but not yet open. 12:29 the Oath, president Xanana sworn in. 12:30 declaration signed by president Xanana and others. 12:31 presidential acceptance speech begins. 12:37 live broadcast ends with Xanana still talking.
I understand from more recent news reports that the UN flag was lowered at exactly 12:00am East Timor Time..
I would consider the signing of the declaration to be the true birth of the nation: 2002 May 20 12:30 am East Timor Time [UTC+9hrs], Dili, about 8°32'S, 125°34'E (from old map).
Viva East Timor!
Regards, Carl
~~~~~~~~~~ Carl Smith. Gold Coast. Queensland. Australia.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #4 - on: 24.07.2002 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User donny

Nice to know Mr Xanana married Ms Kirsty Sword. With Kirsty who understood Indonesia very well (she speak Bahasa Indonesia) as well I think she will help Mr Xanana to make Indonesia as a good neighboring country and try to forget old bad thing. Interesting to see the chart, but don't understand how to "read" it.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #5 - on: 08.11.2005 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User

thexual

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #6 - on: 18.06.2008 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Jie Lei

Dear the former East timores leader Gusmao Thank you for contacting us. I am very proud of get in touch with you on shortwave,It`s very well to talk to you with all points of views as much as possible,so very excited to get a quite possitve feedback fromm you,I hope you`ll contiune to write a message to us.
I look forward to working with you.
Best Wishes!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

As one of the largest astrology portals WWW.ASTRO.COM offers a lot of free features on the subject. With high-quality horoscope interpretations by the world's leading astrologers Liz Greene, Robert Hand and other authors, many free horoscopes and extensive information on astrology for beginners and professionals, www.astro.com is the first address for astrology on the web.
Homepage - Free Horoscopes - Astrodienst Onlineshop - Astrology Knowledge - Ephemeris - Authors and Staff - My Astro - Direct Atlas query - Sitemap - FAQ - Forum - Contact Astrodienst