Welcome as a guest in the Astrodienst forum. You can login to your Astro profile or register as a forum member.You can also remain in the guest status and navigate through this forum as a reader. 21.10.2014 at 14:28 [UT+1]

Forum Rules Home Help Search  
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Astro-Databank: Elizabeth Teissier (Read 265 times)
Astro-Databank
Global Moderator
Astrodienst Staff
Adb editor

Astro-Databank: Elizabeth Teissier
« on: 18.10.2003 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

Discussion about
Elizabeth Teissier, born 6 January 1938 at 06:02 AM in Alger

This discussion is imported from the  comment board on the  previous astrodatabank.com website.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

re: Elizabeth Teissier
« Reply #1 - on: 18.10.2003 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Stephen Baxter

Establishing the study of astrology at the college level has obvious benefits, but the lack of consensus worldwide must be acknowledged. Many academians, most particularly those professors of hard science, are even uneasy about something so established as the study of psychology. Many academians believe that psychology is more philosophy than science (outside the work of Skinner perhaps). I take no stand here; I only point to the complexity of it. My time on campus made me aware of the conflicts. Astrology stretches the limit of this arrangement.
It is interesting that a famous study of the clinical therapy offered by psychotherapists of various disciplines was very disappointing. It showed that the help offered by the typical psychotherapist was no better than what is available from a kind friend with a pep talk. The success rate was about ten percent. At $80.00+/hr., that is a little scandalous.
Yet a Phd. Harvard psychologist undertook very controlled, very scientific, very imperical, research into John Edward and other psychics and into Life after Death with quite stunning results. We must acknowledge that such well designed and well controlled experiments are how things are proven in the world of science. To reject the outcome is to reject the scientific method (unless you can produce a better experiment). This means there is more support for metaphysical, "new age", concepts than for others that have a wider acceptance (such as Freudian concepts taught at the college level). This is staggeringly ironical, perhaps even scandolous.
What is most relevant in all this is the massive shortcoming of academia. Academia has embraced psychology (and each of its fads) while it poo-pooed anything "new age", flaky, or smacking of unexplained phenomena. Academia has often tried to choke any exploration into such things. I think most people miss the most profound conclusion to all this: a college degree is not so hot after all.

IP Logged
Julien Peter Benney

Re: Astro-Databank: Elizabeth Teissier
« Reply #2 - on: 23.09.2009 at 15:32 [UT+1] »

This is a really strange chart for someone trying to teach an esoteric discipline like astrology - at least with all the Capricorn influence in the first house.

Eight planets below the horizon and only Neptune and deep, secretive Pluto above reveals a woman who is firmly inner-directed to the point of knowing things that are never going to be known to the majority of the population. This is even more true when one sees only Jupiter in fire or air signs: we have the ultimate introvert, who has trouble with social interactions.  

Neptune in the ninth house would add further to her love of truly deep study - necessary to write nine hundred page books! Her emphasis on the first quadrant makes her able to communicate very well without opening up this detail, and Moon and Ceres extremely tightly conjunct in Pisces in the second house allows her to nurture esoteric subjects perfectly and over extremely long periods.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print