Welcome as a guest in the Astrodienst forum. You can login to your Astro profile or register as a forum member.You can also remain in the guest status and navigate through this forum as a reader. 12.07.2014 at 13:35 [UT+1]

Forum Rules Home Help Search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 11
Send Topic Print
Astro-Databank: James Van Praagh (Read 1532 times)
Astro-Databank
Global Moderator
Astrodienst Staff
Adb editor

Astro-Databank: James Van Praagh
« on: 18.05.2006 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

Discussion about
James Van Praagh, born 23 August 1958 at 4:18 PM in Queens NY

This discussion is imported from the  comment board on the  previous astrodatabank.com website.

Regardless of what you think about Van Praagh's work, he and his chart are a fascinating study. A well-known medium, a successful business person, and a compelling writer, he has an ability to use a variety of media like TV, CDs, books and inspiring lectures to promulgate his message of hope: that a beautiful life awaits after this earthly existence. As a channel, he hopes to provide the living with an understanding of death and comfort when faced with it. While he has many critics and detractors, his legions of fans would tell us that he achieves these goals.
  • What factors in the chart describe his early and life-long experiences with death and the spirit world?
  • Where in the chart do you see an adoring public and a successful career as a business person, writer, and comfort to the bereaved?
  • Saturn, his Ascendant ruler, is in the 12th house, retrograde, and in a partile inconjunct aspect to Mars. What does this placement tell us about him?

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

re: James Van Praagh
« Reply #1 - on: 18.05.2006 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Ouranos

Saturn's placement in Fire, where is not comfortable,and in the 'karmic dump' tells me one quest is for redemption, resolution, and perhaps finding his own lost center. In Sagg we often find the mask of a "law unto it self", Sat semisqr Nept imparts a bit of cynicism to 10th hse affairs not the least of which can propel the native to capitalize on the fears and yearnings of others whether of meaningful use or not. As it inconjuct with Mars starts-stops,setbacks are likely and often native is least prepared to follow his desires but attempts to do so anyway against powerful odds.  
Although the chart has enough show business quality to cause me to dismiss his fiengned genuineness, the substainial 8th hse placements do speak of talent in the his chosen arena, esp as Sun PL trine asc. At least he can present well.  
I've watched him twice on TV and both times he "led" his clients using suggestive techniques and the participation mystique was milked thoroughly.  
Borderline between the real and Nept seeking an easy living. _

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #2 - on: 18.05.2006 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Allen Edwall

Using Placidus houses and the technique of cosmodynes we see that James' chart has an overall harmony of +204.76. This is incredibly high and is certainly one indication that there is little resistance from the environment to keep him from the harmonious application of his abundant energies.
Study the below tables and see that James' Ascendant has the most power in his chart. This tells us he must use his personality and express it to a large degree in his life (powerful planets and angles represent deep-seated urges that continuously strain for expression. Any prominent planet indicates an aptitude of the nature signified by that planet that may be converted into abilities. The strongest planets in a chart indicate aptitudes that can be cultivated most easily into abilities).
Second in power is the Sun. This tells us he must seek the limelight, he needs to shine, be regarded as significant, entertain, and to do it with drama and flair (Leo being the second most powerful sign reinforces this).  
Jupiter, Mercury, and Pluto are nearly as strong as the Sun. We see these planets give him the need and ability to inspire others with his opinions and beliefs, communicate them verbally and through writing (Mercury), and why he is able to communicate with spirits who have passed (Pluto rules nonphysical or unseen forces). Add to all this the fact that the 8th house of death is his strongest house, so that area of life receives the bulk of his energy.
Naturally, with being so well-renowned, we would expect a powerful 10th house because the 10th house rules reputation, fame, and people who influence others with their prestige. A strong 12th house does not surprise us either because the 12th house rules the hidden things in life.
We are told that James has worked as a screen-writer, majored in broadcasting, has co-produced television shows, and is a medium. Do you see how a 10th house Neptune sextile Moon, Sun, Mercury, and Pluto (plus conjunct Jupiter) fits into the above?
All in all, James' chart clearly shows exactly why he is what he is. James has simply followed the lines indicated by his strongest planets, which demand expression, as all strong planets do, in the areas of life ruled by his strongest houses.
 James Van Praagh 23 Aug 1958 TZ = 4.0 4.18 P.M. 40.43 North 73.52 West
 Planet Power % Har/Disc ASC 64.83 11.3 34.97 SUN 63.49 11.1 32.69 JUPITER 60.31 10.5 49.04 MERCURY 59.78 10.4 35.30 PLUTO 57.95 10.1 22.55 MOON 56.34 9.8 23.25 NEPTUNE 55.92 9.8 17.17 MC 45.83 8.0 17.60 SATURN 30.50 5.3 -5.75 VENUS 29.96 5.2 -2.22 URANUS 27.87 4.9 -8.92 MARS 20.40 3.6 -10.93 TOTALS 573.18 204.76
 House Power % Har/Disc 8 270.79 32.2 95.75 10 177.04 21.0 82.71 12 116.99 13.9 42.02 1 80.08 9.5 32.09 4 30.60 3.6 -16.39 6 29.89 3.6 17.65 9 29.89 3.6 17.65 3 29.06 3.5 16.55 7 28.17 3.3 11.63 11 19.59 2.3 2.91 5 14.98 1.8 -1.11 2 14.59 1.7 -3.67
 Sign Power % Har/Disc VIR 151.33 18.0 72.89 LEO 149.36 17.7 40.51 LIB 121.12 14.4 65.54 SAG 116.99 13.9 42.02 CPR 80.08 9.5 32.09 SCO 75.51 9.0 20.07 TAU 35.38 4.2 -12.04 GEM 29.89 3.6 17.65 PIS 29.06 3.5 16.55 CAN 28.17 3.3 11.63 AQU 14.59 1.7 -3.67 ARI 10.20 1.2 -5.46

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #3 - on: 18.05.2006 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Allen

1. What factors in the chart describe his early and life-long experiences with death and the spirit world?
The loaded 8th house of death and the beyond, which is his strongest house (using the technique of cosmodynes), with many of the planets therein trining Saturn and the Moon in the 12th (the hidden side of life). Pluto (ruler of nonphysical or unseen forces) is conjunct Mercury (communication) in the 8th house, both trine Moon (sub-conscious) in the 12th house (the house of the sub-conscious).
 2. Where in the chart do you see an adoring public and a successful career as a business person, writer, and comfort to the bereaved?
8th, 10th, and 12th houses are the most powerful houses as well as the most harmonious. Jupiter and Neptune in the 10th (fame) sextile Pluto (large groups of people), Sun (executive ability), and Mercury (communication of all types) in the 8th and the Moon (the public and women in general) in the 12th (Moon rules 7th house of the public. Mercury is the 2nd most harmonious planet, rules writing in general, and rules the 9th house of publishing. It is also sextile Jupiter, which is the natural 9th house ruler.
 3. Saturn, his Ascendant ruler, is in the 12th house, retrograde, and in a partile inconjunct aspect to Mars. What does this placement tell us about him?
I really don't know about inconjuncts. I doubt this does much when considered versus all the other planets because neither Saturn nor Mars is that strong (Mars is the weakest planet in the chart, in fact). I'm sure it helps him organize and systemize things, but all the other planets are so much more powerful that they are the ones that contribute to his abilities most, not Saturn and Mars.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #4 - on: 18.05.2006 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User lucia

sun 00 virgo buried in the 8th is at it's weakest unsuredness, so ego builds a character unlike true self, actor becomes man as Pluto dominates sun. He's very much the snake-oil saleman who hypnotizes his audience, and with his NODES placement, conjunct MC in libra 10 he uses abundant charm, persuasive power, Pop culture, new age thought believing he's redemer, (saturn & moon in sagitarius 12th) teller of truth. impartor of wisdom.
With nice sextiles of moon to his wild wild MC conjunctions, Jupiter and NN, he really does have visions, sees beyond the ordinary, and has an inexhaustible amount of things to say...speaking at all levels. He's very much in love with his image. Also with all this personal BLING he's fearfull about loosing friends. He's the guy who'll worry about something terrible happening to an old friend, having recieved an intuition, and call them at 3 in the morning. To his true friends he's a character! (empty 1st house). He'll also travel, (11 house neptune sextile 8th hs. pluto) visit out of love people who really know him, he cherishes those who see past his BS.
Not a bad guy....

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #5 - on: 18.05.2006 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Alice DeVille

As an intuitive astrologer who also receives information via the client's auric field and from the other side from time to time, I appreciate the challenges James' chart presents to him via critics. No doubt with Mars' relationship to Saturn he has questioned himself in the past and has learned to deal with a variety of scenarios that have opened up and may have seemed bizarre at the time or led to attack from the skeptics. Sometimes we cannot know exactly what we are seeing in a flash but given a chance to look more closely and think about it the client understands the relationship and the puzzle pieces and often validates the practitioner's vision after the fact.  
James' 12th and 8th houses show that he travels between the worlds and has done so at any early age. He had out-of-body experiences early on to cope with the stressful family situation -- spontaneous, no less. His 12th house and the aspects to it show both parents were burdensome in one way or another. It would be hard for James to stay in his body with his 8th House configuration because he knows how beautiful it is on the other side. With this inclination, it is important for him to stay grounded and his earth-oriented ascendant gives him the discipline to do so.  
His fame is evident in the conjunction of the North Node, MC, Jupiter and Neptune in the 10th house, even though Neptune is technically in the 11th -- fans who love mediumship and the mystical. This planetary group also shows his success as a writer and producer of media projects. I also like Uranus and Venus in the 8th House indicating that he soul travels and has also learned to protect himself and give himself some recovery time from relationships that suddenly dissolve.  
Thank you for the opportunity to comment.
All the best,
Alice

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #6 - on: 18.05.2006 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User M

The Chart is quite obdviously a funnel to Mars in Taurus...more on that in a bit...Mars is particularly problematic here...
Great popularity...The north Node is exactly conjunct the midheaven..North Node has to do with public perception, in partile conjunction it is a great benefic..Jupiter is also there in conjunction two benefics with the midheaven give alot of popularity.. Venus, ruler of the midheaven, in Leo, in the 8th house of death, rebirth, sex, shows his popularity as a medium..I rather like Venus in Leo, it gives popularity and magnamity..
Moon, ruler of the descendant, vacant of planets there, in conjunction with saturn, the chart ruler, in the wicked 12th house and retrograde shows two things...the end of the short lived first marriage...and chart ruler, rerograde, in the 12th house is where he spends most of his time, the 12th house of karma of departed spirits and of secret enemies...thats a psychic, the many voices are likely with sagittarius, the sigh of great multiplicity...
The chart ruler, Saturn, is however, only well aspected...conjunction with the moon is neutral, trine with uranus gives second sights, sextile with the midheaven gives popularity...
Mars sticks out like a thore sumb...it is separated from the rest of the chart in the fifth house of pleasure, children, sports and gambling...it does nothing but square uranus, causing a tendency towards accidents, loss of money, children, if their are any thru accidents and perhaps fradulent behavior...
So is he a fraud? the well aspected midheaven and ascendant show popularity and success, so even if he is, hes very well protected by those "voices who gave him that advice...and then again if he did hear it, hes no fraud at all, someone up there likes him...

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #7 - on: 18.05.2006 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Linda

Wow, some folks are sure being harsh! As a Jupiter conjunct Neptune in Scorpio exact conjunct my Ascendent (as well as a packed 10th house and Sun conjunct Pluto) myself, I do believe James is for real. Intuitively I feel it and in defense of someone with Jupiter conjunct Neptune (certainly enhances the intuition and the strong Pluto/Scorpio does seem to bring out medium experiences). In my 30's with no interest in spirituality at all, I had a spontaneous out-of-body experience and one day while working my arm literally took off and wrote 11 pages very rapidly (all the words had no vowels - I was stunned) of very spiritual information from my guides. To those of us with Neptune/Jupiter strong Pluto/Scorpio, this is a very natural talent (no different musical talent for example) that seems to happen regardless of trying to avoid it. Making a living doing something that involves psychic ability (I don't work as a medium, I'm in sales) as James does is often strongly critized. Whether you believe in what he does or not, he is following his path, just as you are with astrology (another field often highly critized which I also enjoy). What better then to spend your days doing what comes natural. Even the best people have difficult aspects in their charts and that does not mean they are a fraud. One could spend there days in far less positive ways then comforting those who have lost loved ones.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #8 - on: 18.05.2006 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User lucia

Mars in taurus gives power over the physical... Madonna, Rudolph Nureyve, Houdini. James with it in his 5th, wide square, Uranus 8th hs.leo bringing in venus by conj. is about STDs, particurally with a weak virgo sun. He's also a tad uncertian about his identity.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #9 - on: 19.05.2006 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Ouranos

"Making a living doing something that involves psychic ability (I don't work as a medium, I'm in sales)"
James is in sales too, big time. _

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #10 - on: 19.05.2006 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Jotown

I don't read others comments before I post my answers to the questions so pardon me if I am repeating something already stated.
<b>1.) </b> " What factors in the chart describe his early and life-long experiences with death and the spirit world? "
His Sun, Mercury, Venus, Urauns and Pluto all in his 8th house of death (Placidus) along with the natal ruler of the 8th (Sun) and the natural ruler of the 8th (Pluto) in the 8th show that death would be a prominent theme in his life. Sun conjunct Pluto further emphasize this. Jupiter and Neptune are co-rulers of his Pisces 3rd house of childhood and are conjunct each other as well as the Midheaven. They are also in sextile to his Sun/Mercury and Mercury is the natural ruler of the 3rd. Jupiter is also his most elevated and angular planet. This shows the link between death and his early years.
<b>2.) </b> " Where in the chart do you see an adoring public and a successful career as a business person, writer, and comfort to the bereaved? "
Jupiter/Neptune conjunct the MC along with Pluto (ruler of the 11th house) conjunct the Sun show the adoring public. Uranus (natural ruler of the 11th) conjunct Venus with both being disposited by the Sun reinforces this. That Uranus rules the second house and is conjunct the natural ruler of the 2nd house (Venus) shows the financial success.
The Sun and Mercury are in mutual reception and all of the planets in this chart are disposited by one or the other. The minor grand trine between Jupiter (the natural ruler of publishing) Mercury (ruler of the 9th house of publishing as well as being the natural ruler of writing) and the Moon (the people) in the sign of publishing (Sagittarius) shows the writing/publishing success.  
Saturn is also important here. As ruler of the ASC and exalted ruler of the MC conjunct the Moon in the 12th house it shows that he would be seen (10th house) as an exalted (Saturn/Libra) authority (Saturn) on issues hidden from view (12th house). Saturn is also disposited by Jupiter at the MC.  
All together they show the wise (Jupiter) comforter (Moon) who is an authority (Saturn) on death (Sun/Saturn in tri-decile/ quintile and a half). The mutual reception between Mercury and the ruler of the 8th house (Sun) and both being in sextile to Neptune shows his ability to communicate (Mercury) with the Dead (Sun ruling eighth) through psychic means (Neptune)
<b>3.) </b> " Saturn, his Ascendant ruler, is in the 12th house, retrograde, and in a partile inconjunct aspect to Mars. What does this placement tell us about him? "
Saturn as ASC ruler in the 12th shows that he is able to place himself behind the veil and into the unconscious (12th house) wherever he is (ASC). The quincunx to Mars shows his ambition and Mars also co-rules the 8th house which facilitates his ability to structure (Saturn) the unconscious and unseen (12th house) and project it (Mars) into form (Taurus).
His chart is also in a funnel pattern with Mars as a nozzle. Mars is also the only planet below the horizon. This (along with the Mars/Saturn quincunx) is how he is able to project his consciousness (the Southern hemisphere where 9 of his planets reside) into the unconscious (the Northern hemisphere) through his will (Mars)

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #11 - on: 19.05.2006 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Linda

Ouranos - most everyone is in "sales" in one form or another. Yes, I'm in sales but my background and degree is in counseling. When you say James is in "sales" big time, if you mean this in a negative manner, I learned a long time ago that one can "sell" and still counsel, help others and do important work. You can make a positive impact everyday regardless of the work you do. The type of sales I do assists small businesses owners in making a very respectable living and they help others celebrate life and love. I work in the wedding industry. An excellent astrologer said to me when I was very young, I know you want to help and save the world but you can't do that if you don't first take care of yourself and realize that money is not the enemy. James has touched millions but to do that he has to be able to put his message out there in a way that some will view as sales and others will see as charisma. If he didn't have that he wouldn't be able to help anyone. There is nothing wrong with making money while helping others, the world would be a better place if everyone that earned a living helped others through their work. I was born just after James and didn't know that because I didn't look at the birthdate (just the chart) until now - September 3, 1958 11:16 AM, McKeesport, PA. I've know a lot of people born in 1958 with the Jupiter/Neptune conjunction, a lot of them are very spiritual and intuitive.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #12 - on: 19.05.2006 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User I AM  

hi all,
James was raised very close to where I live in Queens and, for sure, we are so proud of "a kid from the 'hood."  
We can see the Moon rising in James' face with the lunar influence on his personal appearance...a typical Moon rising with the roundness of his face and the translucent lightness of his skin.
James very early experiences from other lives are seen with his Moon very close to his asc. I have several clients with that aspect and many of them remember past lives and, also possess great psychic gifts....so IMPRESSIONABLE from many dimensions.
James is gifted with Saturn conjunct his N-Moon (makes a statement that his mother would possibly die somewhat early in his life) giving form to the psychic energy that permeated his awareness from his ascending Moon. All planets from the cusp of the 12th house to the cusp of the 2nd house are considered rising in a chart according to ancient astrology and strenghtens the energy.
Also, the conjunction of Pluto to his Sun allows him to be a vehicle for communication with the death. Mercury placed in the 8th house also aids that configuration. Plutonians are, of course, especially gifted in the arena of reaching into the spirit world.  
My own son, born with Pluto exactly conjunct his asc (& first house Uranus), saw spirits, or what he termed where "people made of electricity" when he was only 5 years old. I feel that astrology is so important for parents because of it's ability to sensitively analyze the energy that is individual to each child so parents can avoid the pitfalls of trying to make a child what they think he or she SHOULD be rather than the unique being(s) we astrologers embrace. My son had that advantage and it is one that serves him well for he is very in touch with his gifts because my study of astrology afforded me that awareness. He routinely hears and speaks with spirits and finally at 30 something it's not so scary anymore.  
Often, childhood issues that come to the school's attention very early on are gifts that do not fall under the "norm" because they cannot be measured by the standardized testing that is now antiquated because of the highly evolved souls incarnating on Earth.
James has his Moon in the 12th in a very tight trine to his 8th house Mercury making him "a messenger (Mercury) before the public (the Moon) from the hereafter. Also, the 8th house and 12th house placements (water houses) intensify that gift still further. James' public profile (also, Moon rising) can be seen from his 10th house placement of Jupiter, et al., and also that everything except Mars is above the horizon....why is he adored as the comforter? The Moon rising in his chart gives him great psychic ability and also a tremendous urge to nurture and care for others. His business sense? Moon conjunct Saturn ruler of the natural 10th house and ruler of his Capricorn asc.promises the fame he has attained.
Can we please be united in a prayer for world peace?
thank you and blessings to all

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #13 - on: 19.05.2006 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Lilli

Mercury, Sun, Pluto all conjunct make for intimate interest in the dead. All are conjunct Regulus, bringing fame, and Jupiter/Neptune are on the MC, bringing fame also. Neptune sextile Pluto/Mercury/Sun gives psychic power; trine of Virgo stellium to the moon gives receptivity.
Grand sextile gives talent. Venus/Uranus conjunction in Leo gives showmanship and gain through the media. Venus/Uranus trine Saturn in Sagittarius shows making a career out of this.
Saturn in the twelfth shows that he concerns himself with the unseen or hidden. The quincunx to Mars, which rules death, is also a death aspect, as it deals with the eighth or sixth houses. Hence, he deals with the unseen dead. His Mars in Taurus squares Venus and Uranus in Leo, so he may have sexual perversions, and may have a temper and a violent side. He is divorced. Venus in Leo afflicted by Uranus in detriment gives estrangement from love; Mars in Taurus shows a certain tendency to be sexually abusive. Mars square Venus shows one-sided attractions, as well.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #14 - on: 19.05.2006 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User sandstone

from medieval witch hunts to idealizing and glamourizing 'mediums', we've come a long way baby! 'positive' sells, and if you can put that into what you're offering, someone will 'buy' it.. trust a concentration in fire to help the process along. i often wonder what it means to have very little in a particular element and with this fellow neptune is the sole planet in water. so much about him seems captured in this placement from what i read about him. i look at the chart and the harmonic aspects make ones eyes search for what puts him to work, and i find it in the saturn/mars inconjunct. now whether one wants to believe they have found a savior in a 12th house saturn, or something far less benign is optional i suppose, but isn't taurus about material affluence and abundance on a physical level? which plane is this guy on? lol.
moon rising gives some of the characteristics he is described as being, and is often found in popular public figures as well as writers according to the Gauquelins work.. pluto seems connected to a fascination with death and the otherworld and it is at his sun which is warmly expressed through the tie in to his rising sign..
what is it people are looking for when they seek out individuals like this? reconnecting to loved ones, or wanting to have hope and faith in the future, or another life? saturn in sag can be someone who has a dark view towards the future, or it could be some type of evangelical too i suppose who is preaching to an audience looking for salvation somewhere else in another time. in many ways this fellow seems involved in 12th house, neptunian work which seems fitting.. most folks i know who are drawn to that type of work are folks who have had some challenging 12th house experiences that necessitate the commitment necessary to offer something of peace, tranquility and compassion to those in need of it. lets hope he is successful in bringing this to those who seek him out, and that he finds his reward in doing so.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #15 - on: 19.05.2006 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Lani

He has Jupiter conjunct Neptune conjunct the MC and North Node, so he would have Hollywood acclaim for his visions regardless of the accuracy. The JN expands the visions,and the MC /North Node means it is what people need and want to hear, publicly. The moon Saturn in the 12th in sag shows early deprivation and caretaking of female relatives, and also makes him more responsible so he is likely to want to do the right thing, however his fear of caretaking women outside the professional arena keeps him from focusing on marriage( moon conjunct saturn ruler of 7 th) . He's born less than a week after Madonna, so the stellium in Leo /Virgo has similar power, except his Sun is in Virgo, same sign conjunct Pluto. This guy needs to be in charge and do something large and powerful, and since it's in the 8th house instead of Madonna's 1st, he is less concerned with his own persona and needs to be in the death arena to fulfill his destiny

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #16 - on: 19.05.2006 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User J

Moon in 12th often shows separation from parent or parents--from actual abandonment to emotional distance. Sun Conj Pluto frequently shows the difficult or, again, emotionally absent father.
Terry McCartney is doing a research project on psychics for ADB. Terry, have you found "signatures" that match those here?  
Of course whether or not the man is really psychic or just a clever con artist taking advantage of a talent, is another story. Trust nothing that you hear and only half of what you see, as the saying goes. If it's on TV...that goes double. Remember the televangelist who "cured" people by smacking them on the forehead and saying "You're healed"? And they walk away looking blissed. Or are paid to do so...who knows?

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #17 - on: 19.05.2006 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Claire

Saturn in 12th makes for endurance in spiritual matters. In trine to Venus and Uranus means using modern day technology such as radio & tv to further his career where his north node resides as his path this time. Neptune gives him adoration being conjunct his MC denoting public image as well as the spiritual influence.He comes across as compassionate and caring. Venus in Leo gives love of the limelight and gift for the dramatic conjunct Uranus gives the radio and television outlet with the unusual and metaphysical. Mercury sextile Jupiter from the 8th of occult gives him wide publishing and writing success. Saturn inconjunct Mars denotes stress with his masculinity I feel he is more than likely homosexual or has sexuality problems although Mars in 5th Taurus is sensual placement it is conflicting with his spiritual and religious feelings..

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #18 - on: 20.05.2006 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Zart

This looks like the chart of an earth bound intuitive. Two important Astrological factors of his personality aside from Virgo Sun are that his ASC is a critical degree (0° Capricorn) giving it emphasis and his Moon is conjunct the chart ruler in the 12th house of things hidden. That Saturn also rules his 2nd would also make sense that he could make practical use of his innate skill earn a substantial living in the process. 12th house ruler Jupiter in stellum with his N-node and MC says why not be famous too?

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #19 - on: 20.05.2006 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Stands Pat with Full House

Most of the people who make the claims that Van Praag makes are phony, but I know genuine psychics, so I am openminded with the issue. We cannot verify that Van Praag is genuine here, but we can comment on the issue now that we have his chart.
I have seen several personal appearances on TV, and I am struck first by two things: first, his compassion is real and gracious, and, second, his mind is very quick. If he is a phony, then he has fooled me on both counts.
Jupiter-conjunct-Neptune-conjunct-MC would likely be very compassionate and humanitarian (if supported by the remainder of the chart). Mars squares the Mercury/Uranus midpoint (Mercury/Uranus are not so far from conjunct) would be a lightning-like mentality.
Many gifted psychics had very troubled childhoods. Saturn/Moon in 12th is like an orphan. Very troubled past.
In my opionion, he has the qualifications for paranormal abilities, astrologically speaking. The minor grand trine of Sun/Neptune/Ascendant is complicated and dominant. It also has MC and Pluto involved with this thereby incorporating the Pluto/Neptune sextile into his personality as a personal as well as collective feature. Those who personalize Pluto/Neptune aspects are ususally gifted in paranormal ways; it is a very supernatural planetary pair. Neptune-conjunct-MC and Neptune-sextile-Ascendant could alone confer psychic gifts. All other indications in the chart (and there are several) are supporting evidence for the above. His chart suggests that he was born to be psychic.
If he also enjoys the limelight or the abundance, that does not set off too many alarms. His Mercury/Neptune/Moon grand trine which incorporates MC and Ascendant is very helpful and versatlile giving him much success and popularity. I would be proud to have it.
I knew a psychic with similar qualifications whose attitude began to deteriorate over the years. He was not so helpul to others in the end as in the beginning, and his life was full of contraversy, but he was genuine with regard to paranormal abilities. The issue is a very complex one. Remember: "psychic" does not mean "infallible" or "perfect".

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 11
Send Topic Print
Current Planets
12-Jul-2014, 12:35 UT/GMT
Sun20Cancer5'51"
Moon20Capricorn47'25"
Mercury29Gemini22'17"
Venus22Gemini42'16"
Mars23Libra18'47"
Jupiter29Cancer8' 0"
Saturn16Scorpio42' 0"r