Welcome as a guest in the Astrodienst forum. You can login to your Astro profile or register as a forum member.You can also remain in the guest status and navigate through this forum as a reader. 19.04.2014 at 07:59 [UT+1]

Forum Rules Home Help Search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Astro-Databank: Ronald Reagan (Read 283 times)
Astro-Databank
Global Moderator
Astrodienst Staff
Adb editor

Astro-Databank: Ronald Reagan
« on: 20.03.2000 at 12:30 [UT] »

Discussion about
Ronald Reagan, born 6 February 1911 at 04:16 AM in Tampico IL

This discussion is imported from the  comment board on the  previous astrodatabank.com website.

Ronald Reagan used astrology more than any other American president. Some say that's how he came by so many lucky breaks and becaome the "Teflon President". Unfortunately we don't have a definitive birth time. We actually have more than 10 claims on a birth time. We may never know for sure since his birth record seems to have no recorded time. We can use a natural chart to study his life:
  • Reagan had two nicknames: "The Great Communicator" and "The Teflon President". Can you find the source of these nicknames in the chart?  
  • I strongly recommend that you read Peggy Noonan's essay on Reagan's character: Then go to his chart and find the courage and personal aloofness that she talks about.  
  • Reagan has a remarkable family life. Where is the ultra loyal wife in his chart? Where are the distant children who later reconciled with their father?  

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

re: Ronald Reagan
« Reply #1 - on: 14.01.2001 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User  Darrell Gill

I was look to see if there was anything suggesting that Regan would Have a Illness like his and His fall. If there was any thing there On the chart to look at. On this and A comment on this year for him and his health and ending years.  
Thanks

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #2 - on: 11.09.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Marc

Baloney !! Ronald Reagan does not have a Sag Rising - the chart usually seen for him, the one that gives him Scorpio Rising, has got to be accurate. No horoscopic component is more star-like than Scorpio Rising, and Reagan's effortless, quick-on-his-feet, smoothly-caress-you-into something that's very bad for you is all Scorpio Rising. Fortunately, Scorpio Rising is not at its most malevolent when combined with Taurus Moon..

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #3 - on: 20.03.2000 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Sandra Baker

I think the "Great Communicator" nickname can be seen in the angular Mercury-Uranus conjunction in practical, determined "ruthless" Capricorn. With the opposition to Neptune in the 7th, you have both his vision and his ability to inspire others to follow him. Jupiter in the 10th trines Neptune and is in a T-square with the Moon (opposed, exalted in Taurus) and the Sun indicating the luck at the root of his Teflon reputation.  
With Mars rising in Capricorn opposition Pluto (conjunct the desc.) you would expect the courage that Noonan writes about in her essay. The trine of Mars to Saturn in the 4th gave Reagan the determination to pursue his vision no matter what the obstacles. Add the confidence and optimism of his Sagittarius ascendant and you have his ability to bypass the press and take his case directly to the American people.  
The personal aloofness is textbook Sun in Aquarius, isn't it? Many acquaintances, few friends. The Moon in the 4th (Placidus) widely conjunct Saturn and square the Sun shows the detachment and difficulty in conveying his emotions.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #4 - on: 20.03.2000 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Kevin Bold (Founder :Sidereal_Astrology-subscribe@egroups.com)

No surprises here. Reagan has Mars and Pluto on the Ascendant and Descendant respectively (no wonder he was a transforming leader!) not to mention having the Sun as the focus of one of the most interesting T-Squares I've ever seen (Moon-North Node conjunction opposing a Jupiter-South Node conjunction). In view of what Gauquelin demonstrated regarding angular planets, why didn't someone suggest this as a rectified birth time sooner? Of course, there's the Mercury-Uranus conjunction, too -- not only does it explain his "great communication" ability, but it also explains why his message was ultimately one of human freedom. While he may have to share the credit with Margaret Thatcher and Pope John Paul II, Reagan definitely was the man who ended the Cold War.  

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #5 - on: 20.03.2000 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User John Little

This is my first ever message to this List. I use midpoints and high-level harmonics such as 16H (i.e. aspects that are multiples of 22.5 degrees).  
<<Reagan had two nicknames: "The Great Communicator" and "The Teflon President". Can you find the source of these nicknames in the chart? >>  
Reagan has ME, JU, MO and Node all connected by tight (<1.25 deg) 16H orb aspects, and all tellingly placed on that most powerful of midpoints, SU/MO. ME-JU = communicators, teachers, writers. MO = the masses?

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #6 - on: 20.03.2000 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Michael Bradford

In RR's Vedic / sidereal chart, the 'Great Communicator' aspect of his life is plainly evident in the presence of Mars and Mercury in Sagittarius in the first house. Mercury rules communications and Mars rules energy. These planets aspect or project their energy into the 7th house of 'others'. Mars and the ascendant are both in the lunar mansion of Mula, which is noted for deep understanding. In this case, it was his innate understanding of what the American people wanted. Mercury is in the lunar mansion of Uttar Ashada, which has amongst its primary characteristics honesty, sincerity, and respectability. Reagan was generally perceived as being very honest and sincere in his beliefs.  
It was this sincerity and firm belief in his own convictions that got him the 'Teflon' image. When people think someone is honest and sincere, they will usually tend to give that person 'the benefit of the doubt', and will often blame any wrong-doings on subordinates or advisors.  
He was the 'Great' communicator because Mars and Mercury are especially potent in his chart. They form a double Royal Yoga (a combination for ability, power and acclaim) -- Mars rules the 5th house and Mercury rules the 10th and 7th. The presence of the 10th lord (Mercury) in the 1st, as with Al Gore, indicates a person whose career is based on who they are, or the image that they project. Mars in the 1st house in Sagittarius, the sign of mutual great friend Jupiter, gave RR the courage of his convictions. As Peggy Noonan says of a good president, "He must know why he's there and what he wants to do." Mars (motivation) and Mercury (knowing / communicating) provide these two elements. Reinforcing this tendency is the fact that 1st lord Jupiter is in Libra in the lunar mansion of Vishakha, which is noted for very strong convictions and an unwavering determination to achieve a goal.  
A good ability to communicate also requires a strong 3rd house. RR's 3rd house is very well set up with an unafflicted Venus in Aquarius, the sign of mutual great friend Saturn. 3rd lord Saturn is with the Moon in the auspicious 5th house, adding emotion to the mix. The Moon is in the lunar mansion of Bharani, which signifies a desire to bring about progressive social transformation, i.e. the reform or downsizing (Saturn) of government. Ascendant lord Jupiter aspects both the 3rd and the 5th house from the 11th, making these houses even more important for him.  
The Vedic / sidereal aspect of Mars on Mercury (when Mercury is in the 1st, 4th, 7th or 8th house from Mars), as has been pointed out by James Braha, is a feature of almost every recent US president. As the following list shows, since JFK only Bill Clinton has not had it (although Hillary does!).  
Kennedy (both in Ari) Johnson (both in Leo) Nixon (both in Sag) Ford (Ari to Can - 4th house aspect) Carter (Aqu to Leo - 7th house aspect) Reagan (both in Sag) Bush (Aqu to Tau - 4th house aspect) Hillary Clinton (Can to Lib - 4th house aspect)  
Interestingly, of the two current contenders for the job, only Al Gore has the aspect of Mars on Mercury (Can to Aqu - 8th house aspect).  

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #7 - on: 20.03.2000 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Lea Breuer

The following is a quote from the URANIAN ASTROLOGY MANUAL - Cosmobiology Conference (Phoenix Workshop - August 17-20, 1995) - by Penny Betucelli, page 52 :  
"The Political Leader of the Time and the KRONOS Influence - Many of the planetary pictures associated with Kronos are heavily centered in the horoscopes of world leaders, local politically active persons, managers and corporate presidents. In a research project during the last presidential election, the horoscopes of al candidates are calculated in order to discern which one had the most powerful axis connected with one of the presidential points (Sun/Kronos=Aries). There must have been about 10 charts with which to begin. As it turned out, all of the candidates had the configuration for President. After all, they were all either senators or Governors or Corporate Presidents. This was a surprise discovery, the kind that happens all the time in Astrology. There is no doubt that the horoscope talks to the astrologer. In the case just mentioned, the horoscope taught us that many people are qualified and are authority figures in their community. They would be expected to have the Presidential configurations of authority strong in their horoscopes." ---> End of Quote <----  
(Side note: The 8 "TransNeptunian Points" (aka TNPs) used in Uranian Astrology - Cupido, Hades, Zeus, Kronos, Apollon, Admetus, Vulcanus and Poseidon - are hypothetical points (non-astronomical, so far), and NOT Asteroids, as some people mistakenly believe. They were not sighted by Astronomers, but were derived mathematically from the study of thousands of charts, by the founders of the Hamburg School of Astrology.  
The Uranian Formula for "The President" is Sun+Kronos-Aries. This point, positioned at this sum, has to be occupied by a fourth point (either planet, node, TNP or angle) in the natal chart, in order to be meaningful for the native.  
We cast Ronald Reagan's 16th harmonic chart and use the 22:30 degree dial to find that Sun+Kronos-Aries = Uranus = Mars. Indeed the formula for President is equal (occupied by) both Uranus and Mars, in this chart.  
On his day of inauguration, Ronald Reagan's solar arc Mc, was smack on 0:00 Degrees Capricorn (one of the four cardinal points = Aries Point = The native in the public eye). Solar arc Moon, Jupiter and Mercury also hit the Aries Point by that time (0 and 22:30 deg cardinal, 15 degrees fixed, 7:30 degrees mutable). Zeus, the TNP that stands for leadership and direction, is on the Aries Point natally (22:30 Cancer). Solar arc Sun was a bit past natal Kronos on inauguration day, while in the secondary progressed chart one there was an almost exact Pr Sun/Kronos conjunction.  
The solar arc Mc carried with it to the Aries Point the midpoints and sensitive points that it occupied natally. The promises of the natal chart, attached to its Mc (and to the natal Moon, Jupiter , Mercury), were finally brought out into the public eye.  
Some of the promises in the natal chart are: Mc (The "I", ego consciousness)= Sun/Pluto (The striving for power, consciousness of purpose and objective, the qualities of leadership)= Ac/Zeus (To be incited to something by others. Others are near. Together with others) = Zeus/Admetos (Ready to start, willingness to begin, ability to proceed. To give something shape, image and expression)= Moon/Jupiter (Faith, Contentment, Happy hours, Fortunate change, Happy and contended nation)= Sun/Venus (Harmony, Personal attraction. Magnetism. The loving man) = Moon/Mercury (One's mental flexibility, instability. Easily impressed. forgetful. To be superficial and always looking for the new. To be businesslike)= Moon/Apollon (Greatness of soul. On a large scale, generous. To be in touch with many nations. to be impressed by them)= Jupiter/Apollon (To be lucky)= Sun +Pluto-Jupiter (Successful striving for power)= Sun+Node-Kronos (Associated with officials, superiors and capable people.)= Jupiter+Uranus-Mars (Fruit bearing, promising deeds) =Mars+Jupiter-Uranus (Exciting Venus+Jupiter-Pluto (Happy change)= Kronos+Vulcanus-Asc (To be exposed to great powers and great forces. To be in a political environment, surrounded by the power of the state)= Aries+Pluto-Asc (General changes influence the environment of the native)= Jupiter+Admetos-Asc (To be envied by others.)= Aries +Pluto-Admetos (Deep reaching changes from the bottom up)= Mars+Vulcanus-Mercury (Mighty debates. Highly excited. Warlike mood).= Uranus+Vulcanus-Mercury (News which create sudden excitement)= Pluto+Kronos-Node (To be connected with the change of government.
[continued in next posting]

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #8 - on: 20.03.2000 at 12:30 [UT] »

[continued from posting above:] by Lea Breuer
To be affected by great changes or experience changes in one's connections) = Aries+Mercury-Zeus (General thinking is forcefully guided)  
As the solar arc Mc, Moon, Jupiter and Mercury hit the Aries axis, they activated the natal potential of this axis (the native in the public eye), via the points, midpoints and sensitive points natally on this axis. Here is a partial list:  
Aries Point = Zeus (Leadership, Direction)= Mars/Pluto (Organizing. General administration) = Uranus/Pluto (Changes and transformations which start suddenly) = Venus/Mars (Acting with devotion, out of love for the cause)= Venus/Uranus = Sun/Moon (Husband and wife. partnership, friendship) = Sun/Jupiter ( Happiness and success. Well-to-do)= Sun/Apollon(Man of success, to be known everywhere. Fame, honors) = Node/Zeus (To be elected or selected) = Sun+Kronos-Mars (To act independently. Power executed by authority)= Sun+Kronos-Uranus (Excitement through independent persons. Sudden interference of the power of the state)= Mc+Admetos-Pluto (To remain on course. To keep going in the same direction of development)= Moon+Admetos-Pluto/Venus (Longing to be alone, excluded from the public, aloof. Modified conditions. To gain more freedom) = Jupiter+admetos-Pluto = (A deep fortunate change commences) = Asc+Zeus-Admetos (To be forced to conquer obstacles and opposition. To be forced to start, or to take part. Others are cAsc+Kronos-Node (To be received by authoritative figures. Hired for work. TO ENTER A POSITION)  
Some other exact, interesting pictures from the chart: Aries (public image) = Mc/Sun = Zeus (Courage, energetic leadership, Confidence)  
Asc = (square) Admetos (Aloofness. Others are pushed in the background or feel inferior)...  
Sun = Mercury/Uranus (The ability to grasp the situation quickly. A quick adjustment to new circumstances.)  
Mercury = Mc = Moon = Jupiter = Moon/Jupiter (Success through speaking or writing).  
Mercury = Sun/Pluto ( An orator or public speaker with suggestive powers)= Jupiter = Moon  

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #9 - on: 20.03.2000 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Don Borkowski

This chart is very interesting. I have always believed that Reagan had a Sag. asc. with a Libra MC, whose ruler, Venus, is in Pisces. He made his mark in the movies and as a labor leader (Virgo on Eq.H. 10th cusp.) with the Screen Actors Guild. Moreover, his father, an alcoholic Roman Catholic shoe salesman fit the Pisces symbolism in Spades! I had rectified his chart to 16 Sag. rising. What I find interesting is that the 1:20 am rectification which was so popular in the early 1980's gave 27 Scorpio rising. (Reagan was no Scorpio!) However, my rectification, put 27 Scorpio on the 12th with Placidus houses. This current chart puts 27 Scorpio on the 12th with Equal Houses. The point that needs to be made here is that when health problems are used to rectify a chart, sometimes you zero in on the sign of the 12th rather than the sign on the ascendant.  
 In another thought, perhaps we can create a new Rodden category for the data here. As so much of the Morris biography was fictional, perhaps we could call the category B.S. - for biography, spurious.  

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #10 - on: 20.03.2000 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Liane Thomas Wade

I looked up the footnotes, etc., in the Edmund Morris book, Dutch, A Memoir of Ronald Reagan. As pointed out, he was an authorized (by Nancy Reagan) biographer.  
He says that the birth certificate is in the R.R. Library. He cites astrological details ("Mars was in 4 degrees Capricorn conjunction, the Ascendant in the First House, the Sun was in 16 degrees Aquarius in the Second House, trine Midheaven, and square the Moon in Taurus at the end of the Fourth House.")  
On page 688 (Notes of page 14) "Astrological details: Vivia Jane to Tanya Nadas, Sept. 19, 1990, AC." AC is author's collection.  
I'm not familiar with these people (Vivia Jane and Tanya Nadas). Perhaps someone on the list is? If they exist, that is.  
Much of his book is made up, i.e., he created a character, himself, to accompany Reagan through his life, enabling him to comment on Reagan in a way not otherwise possible. The book was panned by historical critics because one can't tell what was made up for the story line and what was true. Morris admitted he made up footnotes to "lend veracity" to his tome. He claimed in interviews that he used these devices because he couldn't get a grip on Reagan's character.  
I could not finish reading it but because it was too loosy-goosey.  
Morris gave his character a fictitious family and a birth date of "his own", August 9, 1912. Later he gives his fictitious son a birthday, his own actual one, May 27, 1940 -- if you can believe him, that is. Morris was born in Kenya.  
The final oddity, or as far as I get with this mess, is that he dedicated the book to "In Memoriam, Christine Regan, June 26, 1947." Christine was born to Reagan and Jane Wyman and lived for only a few hours. Morris speculated that Reagan "emotionally shut down" due to this death and subsequent divorce from Wyman.  
Morris won the Pulitzer and the American Book Award in 1980 for a first volume on Theodore Roosevelt. which is a planned trilogy, I believe. He was paid $3 million to write the Dutch book which took 10 years.  
Perhaps a finer mind than mine can figure this stuff out.  
Best, Liane  
P.S. I forgot to say in my message to the list that Nancy Reagan withdrew her authorization of this book. Maybe the dedication was the reason? I don't know.

IP Logged
Astro-Databank
Global Moderator
Astrodienst Staff
Adb editor

« Reply #11 - on: 20.03.2000 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astro-Databank staff member
Liane,  That's disgusting! A new low indeed. We just added it to the website Newsmakers and shall have to put in a disclaimer. The alleged B.C. time is so close to that which Quigley rectified too. (I had also rect to late Sag rising, so accepted it in a minute.) It makes me wretched to see people put lies in print. I had looked at a copy in the library and checked his statement that the data was from B.C., even copied the page for my files. I'd read the reviews that said Morris had made up characters and events but did not think that anyone could be so low as to make up so-called "factual" information. Thank you for the expose. We'll be sure that people are warned where we can.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #12 - on: 20.03.2000 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Frank Clifford, UK

Hi Lois,  
Yes, I checked out the bio too and found that the author quoted Vivia Jayne, wife of the late Charles Jayne (great pals of Debbi Kempton-Smith). I thought it a little suspect that she was quoted describing his Mars rising etc. next to the BC time. All her books are examples of rectification. And the big question is: if Nancy (and Ronnie) wanted astro advice from Joan Quigley so badly, why did they not go to the BC to look it up? Because it wasn't on there (Joan in her book states that noone knew - and she had no reason to lie. She stated very clearly that she wouldn't publish Nancy's TOB). Over in the USA, everyone knows about times on the BCs - you're street-wise over there. I don't believe for one minute that Joan didn't ask for them to do a little research, or that Nancy never checked it out when she was so involved in astrology.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #13 - on: 20.03.2000 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Valerie Barnes

As for Regan's gift of communication: In his chart, Mercury is in aspect (opp.) to Neptune, and the Sun (quincunx). As Mer. rules communication, the mind, expression, and the conveying of ideas, and Nep. rules longevity, ethical behavior, morals, and things that inspire, the combination of the two could be construed as a method of communication that is very creative, and inspiring. As Neptune and Sun (quincunx) indicate, Regan has a large amount of resilience, as his failed attempt to win the nomination from Ford, and the assassination attempt after he was President clearly demonstrates. As the Quincunx is an aspect of constant change, it will be interesting to see what impact Sun/Nep will have on his bout with Alzheimer's. One thing is for sure, as some strides were made in this terrible illness, many thought of it as being senile, a pretty generic term. But since the disclosure of his condition by his family, there is a much deeper understanding of this neurological disease. Interestingly, the "Great Communicator" is still at the t [message lost] prayed the frying pan he found himself in during the Iran-Contra crisis, and thus he "slipped" right on out of the frying pan AND fire. The many aspects Regan has with Jupiter, Sun and Moon. I feel are responsible for his considerable courage. The Sun represents the actual person. The Moon represents the native's emotional moods and emotional make up. The two, Sun and Moon, in aspect to Jupiter, indicate that the native is very much attracted to seeking the truth. The Sun parallel Jupiter, and Moon parallel Jupiter in the declinations, points to someone who constantly seeks the truth thru the traditional religious upbringing. In this case, Judeo-Christian. However, the longitudinal aspects of Sun sq. Jupiter, and Moon opp. Jupiter, have the effect of thinking along the lines of attraction to none trad. ideas and values. This can be witnessed as per his willingness to go along with astrology. Along with all of this, Sun, Moon/Jupiter, gives the native a high sense of responsibility and faithfulness, but also a willingness to fight [message lost]

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #14 - on: 20.03.2000 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Eve de Alderich

1. I happened on the Reagan chart on your site and in the commentaries saw the entry I sent in to you all those years ago. You are quite correct, and I was thinking about the fact when I heard there was a time for Reagan, that his cousin told me there was no birth record what-so-ever for Ronald Reagan.  
2. I wanted to refresh your memory and add however, that she was present at the birth itself, she helped, and she told me when it was, walking me through the event. After all she was there! He does have a Sagittarius Ascendant, and his birth time is pre-dawn. I checked with the town to find out when dawn was on that day and time of Year in Tampico. I myself rectified his chart to 03:27 AM which may still be a bit early, but I know it was at least 45 minutes to an hour before dawn, and that is because after the birth, his cousin walked outside and the sun had yet to rise...she was tired after the event, and it was a while before the sun came up. She said pre-dawn .  
3. Also, I spoke to Carroll Wrighter at that time and he did speak to me because he was upset that the Secret Service or FBI had told him not to say anything and we were being recorded, but he let me know through using Astrological terminology and yes-no answers, that he regarded the birthtime as 2:00 AM and that was the time he was using. AM not PM. He had gotten that time from Jane Wyman who had gotten it from Ronald who said he thought it was about 2 AM but he didn't really know for sure.  
Your site looks terrific!

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #15 - on: 20.03.2000 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User E. Alan Meece

I like this chart as well or better than the Jupiter in Scorpio rising chart I have seen. It puts the Jupiter-Saturn conjunction of 1981 closer to his Midheaven. Sag and Mars rising indicates much the same thing as Jupiter in Scorpio rising.  
In the older Scorpio rising chart, the Sun in Aquarius was in the third house, a good indication of the great communicator. In this one, Mercury conj. Uranus is rising, and Mercury squaring the Midheaven, indicating the same thing and making it more strongly related to public affairs.  
Mars rising of course in Capricorn is a perfect fit for his aggressive and unsympathetic by courageous, hard-nosed political attitudes. Capricorn is more powerful in his chart than Aquarius. The striking usefulness of the nodal or draconic zodiac is again demonstrated here, as the Sun becomes 2 Capricorn when compared to the nodes (North Node = 0 Aries)  
The Sun in the nodal zodiac is conjunct this key position of Mars in Capricorn very closely.  
Regarding astrosignatures for presidents: I have written on this before in Welcome to Planet Earth. I look for mutual aspects of the Sun, Moon, Jupiter and Saturn most of all. Good aspects of Sun and Uranus indicate charismatic leadership as well, and Saturn-Uranus aspects are valuable, as are other good aspects to Saturn. Jupiter-Uranus aspects also indicate charismatic leadership. In Reagan's chart, we see a Sun-Moon-Jupiter T-square. This accounts for his optimistic confidence and ability to impart this to others as a leader. It also accounts for his excesses such as the ballooning budget deficit during his presidency. The wide Moon-Saturn conjunction, and the good aspects to Saturn, gave him some of the adminsitrative skill and discipline that all presidents need. The US tends to elect presidents with strong Saturns.  
On the other hand, those with Mars-Uranus afflictions tend to lose elections. McCain is a recent example. McGovern is another. The main problem is carelessness and unsteadiness, or some radical attitudes that might offend people. JFK also had this aspect, which contributed to his assassination. Jupiter was with it.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #16 - on: 20.03.2000 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Ron Howland (UK)

Dear Lois, many thanks for the enjoyment your books on data have given me, I think your site is long overdue and a real step forward in promoting astrological research.  
Reagan has interested me for years, so has the ongoing debate regarding his birth-time. Based on Joan Quigley's description of his chart I too concluded that he must have had the late mutable degrees on the angles of his chart. And I have presented a chart based on an estimated time of 4:15 am in my book "A Chronology of American Charts", at present awaiting review in the Mountain Astrologer. So it came as a pleasant, confirming, surprise to find the chart on your site set for 4:16. However, after reading the commentaries on Reagan's chart, I was moved to contact the Ronald Reagan Library who hold a copy of his birth certificate. I thought you might be interested in their reply to the specific question as to what time his BC showed. It is dated 10 May 2000: Quote:

Dear Mr. Howland, I'm sorry, I can't help. We have a facsimile of Reagan's birth certificate on display in the museum and I checked it - no time is given just the date. Ed Morris cites three other sources for that information: Reagan's first autobiography "Where's the Rest of Me" ; the Tampico Tornado for February 10, 1911; and an interview with Paul Nicely, the founder of the Reagan Birthplace Museum. I checked the autobiography and there was no mention of his time of birth. We don't have the Tornado issue or the Nicely interview. Sorry, I could not be more helpful, Cate Sewell Archivist

This as least seems to clear up the question as to whether his birth-time was actually recorded, which seems not so according to the above. Maybe someone over there who lives by Tampico might want to track down the relevant copy of the "Tampico Tornado" in the local library, if only to see if that contains any worthwhile information, or whether it too is another red herring. Please feel free to include this information on your site if you deem it to be of use.  
Best Wishes,

IP Logged
Astro-Databank
Global Moderator
Astrodienst Staff
Adb editor

« Reply #17 - on: 20.03.2000 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astro-Databank staff member
Ronald, Good input. So many folks are sure that the author was doing "creative reporting" or bald-faced lies, but the time was so close to what I too had rectified that I really felt that it could be correct. Yes, I'm posting your correspondence, as it is a rational and constructive rebuttal to the nay-sayers. Several folks were quite adamant that "he had NO birth certificate," and I could not accept that as I do believe that it is a matter of law that a doctor record births and deaths. Thank you for your contribution. It is through such a cooperative attitude that we can improve our databank and our community. -- Lois

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #18 - on: 27.08.2002 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Southern Cross

Some highlights of our definitive rectification of Reagan´s chart are items 6, 14, 21, 25, 26, 51, and particularly 1, 44, 60, and 70. Our research has not confirmed Joan Quigley´s view that Meese´s announcement(25Nov1986, Noon, D.C.) of Irangate money going to the Contras was the first Uranus transit of RR´s Ascendant. It is risky to bet too much on just one event, and her mother´s death distracted Quigley the day before the actual trUranus= Asc.(#44), which occurred two months earlier. Joan was also involved in a remarkable synchronicity confirming our time of 3:36 AM. The same day Donald Regan spilled the beans on Nancy´s use of astrology, the author of "A stranger in a strange land" passed away(#1 and #60). This 1961 science-fiction classic describes a future US president as a smiling nincompoop, who bases his decisions as leader of the Free World on advice his wife receives from a woman astrologer in San Francisco! Aquarians are quite intelligent, of course, and Reagan was just ahead of his time.  
 While some see astrology as an art whose archaeological secrets are veiled in ancient mists, we prefer to advance as the shock troops of a not-so-distant future science. We use Koch houses and no dual rulerships of zodiacal signs(Mercury rules Gemini, Chiron rules Virgo, Venus rules Taurus, and Juno probably rules Libra). We use quindeciles(15* multiples), and view semi-sextiles(30*) and quincunxes(150*) as major rather than minor aspects. Using these cutting-edge techniques, we have completed what we began over a decade ago when we took part in an astrology research contest organized by Milton Maciel of São Paulo. We later refined our first guess on Reagan to 18*35´ Scorpio-rising, but were still unable to confirm this with progressed and converse Naibod angles as Milton had requested. We have now reworked Joan Quigley´s Sagittarius-rising and the third time is the charm, for RR´s 258*35´ Ascendant is exactly 30*00´ from our second estimate.  

RECTIFICATION for Ronald Reagan(06Feb1911, 3:36:2x AM, CST, Tampico, Illinois):
1) 07Jul1907: Robert Heinlein born in Butler, Missouri. RetroUranus 280*3x´ exact sqr MC!!  
2) 27Nov1928: student strike speech. Progressed Asc. 274*= Mars(sqr third-house ruler trUranus 3*34´); retroPluto 108* qcx Asc.  
3) 07Jun 1932: Eureka B.A. Venus 105*26´= Koch eighth cusp.
4) 01Apr1933: WHO radio announcer. Sun 11* = IC; Chiron 55*23´= Koch sixth cusp.
5) 26Jan 1940: marries Jane Wyman. Venus 340* ssx IC; retroChiron 105*xx´= Koch eighth.
6) 04Jan1941: Maureen Reagan born. Venus 258*= Asc.
7) 18May1941: father dies. Progressed Asc. 286* ssx Sun. Saturn 49* qcx Asc.; Jupiter 56*-Sun57*-Uranus 58* quindecile Moon; Mars 331*= Chiron. Chiron 117* semi-qcx Moon(we challenge anyone to convincingly explain this event without using any of our modern tools!).
8) 17Sep1941: tells FBI of Reds in Hollywood. Venus 213*= Koch eleventh cusp.
9) 14Mar1945: adopted son Michael Reagan born. Mars 321*-322*= Koch third cusp.
10) 05Oct1945: Reds and Mafia in "Battle of Warner Brothers". Progressed Asc. 291*= Mercury and Converse MC 153* opp Venus. Mars 105*= Koch eighth cusp.  
11) 19Dec1946: famous speech as SAG president. Neptune(third-house co-ruler) 190*39´= MC.
12) 26Jun1947: newborn Cristine soon dies. RetroJupiter 228* qcx Desc.(helped lead to divorce).  
13) 18Jul1949: divorce granted. Mars 86*xx´= Pluto; Mercury 105*29´= Koch eighth cusp.  
14) 22Oct1952: Patti Reagan born. Uranus 108´*32´ and retroJupiter 48* form yod with Asc.
15) 26Sep1954: first GE Theater. Converse Asc. 224*= ruler Jupiter. Mars 285*= Koch second; New Moon 183* ssx Koch eleventh.  
16) 25Jul1962: mother dies. Converse MC 136*3x´ opp natal Sun. Neptune 220*43´ qcx IC; retroChiron 340* ssx IC.
17) 26Aug1962: last GE Theater. Mars 93* trn and Sun 153* sxt Koch eleventh cusp.
18) 27Oct1964: "A time for choosing" speech: Mercury 223*= natal Jupiter. Mars 145*= US IC.
19) 11Aug1971: welfare reform compromise. Uranus 190*4x´ near MC.  
20) 20Nov1975: launches presidential bid. Pluto 190*51´-Venus 191*= MC.  
21) 23Mar1976: Reagan in La Crosse, Wisconsin to address duck hunters. The LA Times(3/18) and Republican governors(3/20) had advised him to drop out, but even without funds he decides to tough it out(Pluto rules others´ money and comebacks). His North Carolina win the next day led to a moral victory(47.4% of the votes) at the Kansas City convention, leaving him 1980 GOP favorite after Jimmy Carter beat Ford. RetroPluto 190*34´= MC.  
22) 16Jul1980: picks Bush as VP. Venus 78*= Descendant(seventh house of partners).
23) 20Jan1981, Noon, D.C.: Inauguration. Mars 316*= Sun; Saturn-Jupiter 190*= MC.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #19 - on: 27.08.2002 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

[continued from posting above:] by Southern Cross
RetroChiron 43*24´(only 0*03´ from natal Moon) on event chart Asc. indicates wounding or death in 1981. Fortunately, his progressions did not confirm the latter(see item #25).  
24) 27Jan1981: released Iran hostages at White House. Mars 321*xx´= Koch third cusp.
25) 30Mar1981, 2:25PM, D.C.: shot by John Hinckley. Sun 10*-Mars 10*36´= IC.
26) 01Apr1981: Nancy hires Joan Quigley. Venus 10*= IC.
27) 07Jul1981: nominates first woman to Supreme Court. Sun 105*= Koch eighth cusp.
28) 03Aug1981: PATCO air controllers dispute. Mars 100* sqr MC.
29) 23Nov1981: first veto. Mars 168* sqr Asc. and Saturn 198* sxt Asc.
30) 25Jun1982: Alexander Haig resigns. Mars 190*xx´= MC.
31) 08Mar1983: calls USSR "Evil Empire". Converse MC 116*3x´ opp Uranus. Mars 9*= US Koch eleventh cusp near IC; Jupiter 250*2x´ sxt MC; Sun 348* sqr Asc.  
32) 18May1984: complete physical exam finds small colon polyp. RetroMars 228* ssx Asc.  
33) 10Jun1984: complains of Patti´s life-style. Venus 78*= Desc.; RetroSaturn 220*3x´ qcx IC.
34) 03Oct1984: Stockman defeats in debate preparation, which Nancy criticizes. Sun 190*= MC.  
35) 06Nov1984: re-elected. Sun 224*= natal ruler Jupiter; Saturn 228*3x´ ssx Asc.
36) 05Jan1985: nominates Ed Meese as A.G. Sun 285*= Koch second cusp.  
37) 07Jan1985: Baker and Donald Regan swap jobs. Saturn 235*2x´= Koch twelfth cusp.  
38) 05May1985: Reagan Doctrine sponsors insurgencies against Soviet-backed governments. He visits German military cemetery near Bitburg. Pluto 213*02´= Koch eleventh cusp.
39) 10Jul1985: Quigley wisely postpones operation(until 13July, 11:48 EDT). Sun 108* qcx Asc.
40) 14Sep1985: hostage Reverend Weir released in Lebanon. Pluto 213*02´= Koch eleventh cusp.
41) 17Mar1986: House defeats aid to Contras. Venus 10*= IC.
42) 08Apr1986: OKs attack on Tripoli. Sun 18* trn Asc.
43) 09Jun1986: receives Rogers Commission report on Challenger explosion. Sun 78*= Desc.
44) 19Sep1986: Schultz and Schevernadze make short trip from State Department to Oval Office. Reagan waits 45 minutes to open Gorbachev´s letter, successfully demanding release of journalist Daniloff as pre-condition for improving US-Soviet relations. Nancy immediately phones Quigley to plan timing for Reykjavik summit. Uranus 258*35´ exactly= Asc.
45) 13Nov1986: tries to explain Iran-Contras. Mars 322*= Koch third cusp.  
46) 02Feb1987: confusing testimony to Tower Board. Saturn 258*3x´= Asc.
47) 11Feb1987: insists on sanitized version of his Iran-Contras role. Sun 322*= Koch third cusp.
48) 31Mar1987: Reagan and Chirac settle AIDS patent dispute. Sun 10*= IC.
49) 03May1987: Miami Herald breaks Gary Hart romance story. Mars-Chiron 78*= Desc.
50) 08May1987: Gary Hart drops out of race. Mercury 48* qcx Asc.
51) 17May1987: Iraqi missile hits USS Stark. Jupiter 18* trn Asc.; South Node 190*3x´= MC.
52) 31May1987: wants immigrants tested in first speech on AIDS. RetroSaturn 258*3x´= Asc. Next day, no third term for Volcker, to be replaced by Alan Greenspan at Fed.
53) 26Jun1987: Lewis Powell resigns. Venus 78* opp retroSaturn 256*. Next two Supreme Court nominees(Bork and Douglas Ginsburg) failed.
54) 01Nov1987: speaks at mother-in-law´s funeral. Saturn 258*3x´= Asc.
55) 11Nov1987, 11:32:25 AM, D.C.(Quigley´s choice): A. Kennedy nominated. Sun 228*4x´ ssx Asc.
56) 18Nov1987: Congress releases Iran-Contra report. Venus 258*= Asc.; Sun 235*= Koch twelfth cusp; Pluto 220*3x´ssx MC.
57) 05Feb1988: Arizona governor Meacham impeached. Mars 258*= Asc.
58) 18Feb1988: A. Kennedy sworn in at Supreme Court. Venus 10*= IC.
59) 16Mar1988: sends troops to defend Honduras from Sandinista invasion. Formal accusations made in Iran-Contras. Mars 285*= Koch second cusp.
60) 09Mar1988: Donald Regan´s "For the Record" published. Robert Heinlein dies in Carmel. Progressed MC 266* opp Pluto cnj trChiron 86* and Converse MC 111* opp Mercury. Sun 48* qcx Asc.; Mars 321*xx´= Koch third; Jupiter 44*= North Node.
61)27May1988: Senate approves INF Treaty. Jupiter 48*3x´ qcx Asc.
62) 20Jul1988: Iran accepts UN truce plan. Venus 78*= Desc.
63) 15Aug1988: Farewell Address at GOP Convention in New Orleans. Mars 10*= IC.
64) 09Dec1988: colon polyp removed. Sun 258*= Asc.; Mars 9*xx´ near IC.
65) 21Feb1989: Oliver North on trial. Sun 333*= Venus; Venus 322*= Koch third cusp.
66) 25Oct1989: gives $1 million speech in Japan. Venus 258*= Asc.
67) 07Jul1990: intruder arrested on Belair estate. Sun 105*= Koch eighth; Chiron 108*2x´ qcx Asc.
68) 04Nov1991: RR presidential library. Uranus 280*4x´ sqr MC.
69) 12Jan2001, mid-afternoon: breaks hips.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Current Planets
19-Apr-2014, 06:59 UT/GMT
Sun29Aries8'52"
Moon19Sagittarius12' 5"
Mercury21Aries36'35"
Venus14Pisces34' 6"
Mars15Libra1'38"r
Jupiter13Cancer21'27"