Uranus12Aries34'12"4n21
    Neptune5Pisces10'24"10s18
    Pluto12Capricorn50'20"20s39
    TrueNode16Libra10'26"r6s22
    Chiron13Pisces29' 5"2s10
    Explanations of the symbols
    Chart of the moment
| My Astro | Forum | FAQ
Welcome as a guest in the Astrodienst forum. You can login to your Astro profile or register as a forum member.You can also remain in the guest status and navigate through this forum as a reader. 22.12.2014 at 14:08 [UT]

Forum Rules Home Help Search  
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Astro-Databank: Shaquille O'Neal (Read 177 times)
Astro-Databank
Global Moderator
Astrodienst Staff
Adb editor

Astro-Databank: Shaquille O'Neal
« on: 03.06.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

Discussion about
Shaquille O'Neal, born 6 March 1972 at 08:00 AM in Newark NJ

This discussion is imported from the  comment board on the  previous astrodatabank.com website.

• What can we see in his chart that made this year Shaq's finest?
  • Some people say that his relationship with coach, Phil Jackson has a lot to do with his success. We have put up Jackson's chart as well for synastry research. (Phil Jackson, 17Sep1945, 17:40, Deer Lodge, MT - 46N23, 112W44)
  • O'Neal has a terrible free throw record. Some teams have taken to purposefully fouling him just to embarrass him. Can anyone explain from the chart how such point leader would have such a hard time at the free throw line?

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

re: Shaquille O'Neal
« Reply #1 - on: 05.05.2001 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Robert Butler

The date is now May 5, 2001 and I am very impressed with Vince Carter, Lenny Wilkens and the Toronto Raptors NBA team who have exceeded my expectations by defeating the New York Knicks to reach the second round of the NBA 2001 play offs. I don't think Shaq and Phil should think that the NBA title is a given. Allen Iverson and the 76ers shouldn't think so either. As I said before, combined planetary geometry between the coach and star player is essential to the success of the team and Lenny Wilkens and Vince Carter share 2 gold links like Phil and Michael Jordan. They also share a grand trine similar to the yod shared between Phil and Michael Jordan. Phil and Shaq don't have powerful combined symmetrical planetary geometry. Therefore I do not and I repeat do not see a "Phil and Shaq" LA Lakers dynasty. As long as Vince Carter and Lenny Wilkens work together, I see very fortunate results. The sky is the limit right now for The Toronto Raptors.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #2 - on: 11.02.2001 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User

How could someone so unattractive have Venus on the ascendant?

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #3 - on: 03.06.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

"1.What can we see in his chart that made this year Shaq's finest?"  
No, not from the natal chart. For that, you need to do a Solar Return chart, either Sidereal or Tropical with precession correction. (Prior to Cyril Fagan's rediscovery of the Sidereal Zodiac, every astrologer knew that solar returns were of little to no value -- that's why no one talked much about them before Fagan discovered that precession correction was the key to an accurate Solar or Lunar Return. Hence my extreme skepticism for those who say they can do what no one could do before, especially now that there's another "zodiac" to compete with!.)  
Shaquille's Year 2000 Sidereal Solar Return puts his Sun within four degrees of the SSR midheaven. The SSR Moon, Mercury, Pluto, and Chiron are also in the foreground. SSR Jupiter, the planet which covers awards, sextiles the SSR Ascendant and trines natal Jupiter, which is also in the foreground when using the SSR cusps.  
And that was only three months ago! Shaq's year isn't over yet. . .

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #4 - on: 03.06.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Teresa Hamilton

I'd like to comment on the Tropical and Sidereal charts, because with O'Neal's chart we have some similarities as well as a few differences. The Tropical and Sidereal ascendants are the same (Aries), Venus is in Aries in both zodiacs, and the Moon is in Scorpio in both zodiacs. For anyone who wonders about the exact 8:00 a.m. birth time, it checks out very well using the navamsa chart (Krishnamurti ayanamsa).  
In the navamsa chart Aries rises (making the natal ascendant very strong because it's the same sign), and the Sun is exalted in the first house. This is very suitable for a star of O'Neal's proportions. Also in the navamsa Mars fully aspects the Aries ascendant from the 7th, and Jupiter (mass appeal and fame) is exalted in Cancer in the 4th. With this powerful navamsa, we can practically throw out the natal chart.  
O'Neal is abnormally tall. Rahu in an angle (here the 10th) is a signature for this along with Jupiter's trine aspect to the ascendant. In the navamsa chart Rahu is also in the 1st house and Jupiter is exalted in an angle. So the Jupiter/Rahu strength natally is repeated in the navamsa chart.  
O'Neal's flirtation with rap and his charm in general would be Venus on the ascendant, and it's lord of the 2nd house of speech. This is true in both zodiacs. One difference in the Sidereal zodiac is that natal Mars is also in Aries along with Venus and the ascendant. In the Tropical zodiac Mars is in Taurus in the 2nd.  
O'Neal has a typical Jyotish signature for wealth, the combination of 1-2-11). The 11th lord is Saturn in Taurus in 2nd, and 2nd lord Venus is conjunct the ascendant.  
The Moon is in Scorpio in the 8th house (sign) in both zodiacs. An astrological friend and I have noticed that as a house on the western side of the chart (other people), the 8th has a lot to do with group activities such as team sports and political parties. The down side of the 8th is that it can represent confinement in institutions. But it's also work in hospitals, schools, laboratories, etc.  
As astrologers, check out these 8th house meanings. As a team player, O'Neal's 8th house lord, Mars, is in the 1st house/sign (Aries). Along with his exalted 1st house Sun in the navamsa chart, Mars here represents his fame in a team sport. The navamsa Sun at 24 degrees is only a degree away from natal Mars at 23 degrees. The navamsa ascendant should always highlight a key facet of the natal chart. That's why it's a good rectification tool.  
I'd like to add a few notes about the Indian progressions (Dasas) and Shaq's current success and wealth. In March of 1991 he entered a long Mercury progressed period (17 years). I think any way you look at it in any zodiac, Mercury is in the 12th house. (It might be in the 11th in some quadrant house systems, but the Dasa system isn't used in the Tropical zodiac.) Why the fame? This is one reason I use the Sidereal zodiac, because progressed planets can bring the results of their dispositors (sign lords). Mercury is in Sidereal Pisces, and Mercury's dispositor is powerful Jupiter in the 9th (house of the king) in its own sign of Sagittarius.  
In the Dasamsa (career) chart Mercury is in the 10th. In the navamsa chart Mercury is in its own sign of Virgo aspected by 10th lord Saturn. Now for events in Shaq's life, which combine the major and minor time lords:  1992: Signed by Orlando ($41 million contract) Mercury/Mercury  1994: Member of gold medal Olympic team Mercury/Venus (Venus is conjunct the Asc. and her dispositor is Mars in 1st in Aries.)  July 1998: Signed record breaking contract with Los Angeles; Mercury/Moon (Moon's dispositor is Mars in 1st sign/2nd equal house in Aries.)  5/10/2000: Most valuable player of the year award; Mercury/Mars (Mars is in 1st in Aries) Coming up we have: Mercury/Rahu (Aug 27, 2000 to Mar 16, 2003) Rahu is in Capricorn in 10 (still on top); Dispositor Saturn is in 2nd in Taurus. More money and more rap?  Mercury/Jupiter (Mar 16 2003 to Jun 21, 2005); Jupiter is in its own sign of Sag in 9th. Still an athletic king?

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #5 - on: 03.06.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Dean Bensics

There is a definite connection between big-time sports and the energies of Jupiter/Sagittarius. This never fails to amaze me. A prominent Jupiter/Sagittarius signature in an individual's chart should prompt the astrologer to inquire about the importance of sport in the life of that person (not just religion and higher education).  
Within sport, basketball strikes me as being particularly connected to the archetypal Jupiter/Sagittarius - players leap in the air and height is a major requirement for success. If you walk with the ball without dribbling, it's called "traveling". The sport also has an international reach that football, baseball or hockey do not have.  
Of all major sports, basketball is the simplest to understand and participate in - put ball in basket, get two points. There is no need for lots of expensive equipment (football, hockey), or club membership fees (golf, tennis), or lots of players (baseball). There is a sense of freedom in basketball that does not exist in the other sports - uncomplicated and accessible to all, hence, its enormous appeal in the inner city.  
Shaq's chart contains some strong Jupiter/Sagittarius themes - Jupiter is in a Gauquelin sector, it resides in and rules the 9th house, and is at the apex of a T-square with Mercury and Pluto. Mercury signals agility and Pluto signals power and dominance. Shaq towers over his opponents in size and skill and his success has provided him with phenomenal wealth (Jupiter-Pluto). Yet, the agility shown by Mercury-Jupiter may not be helpful at the free throw line where all you're doing is standing still and taking aim.  
Also, it's worth noting that Neptune (the Sun's dispositor) is in Sagittarius and stationary at birth. This adds strength to both the archetypal Neptune and Sagittarius - rapper and athlete.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #6 - on: 03.06.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Kellia Ramares

Re: the free throw problem  
The first thing that came to my mind is to question his ability to concentrate at the line. Opponents' fans typically wave their arms and other things to distract free throw shooters. With his Pisces Sun and Moon Neptune conjunction, I wonder if he goes mentally "walkabout" at the line.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #7 - on: 03.06.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Sheldon Rosner

Hi Lois,  
We met about 17 yrs ago at a meeting at your house. I've been a fan of basketball for a long time and an astrologer even longer, so, Shaq's problem at the free throw line has to do with the easily distractible, attention-deficit, wandering mind of Merc in Aries in the 12th, op. Pluto, Sq. Jup, and tr. Nep...even tho the Sat sextile helps to be a stabilizing force. He's best when his mutable reactiveness allows the free-flowing intensity that is his game. Whew!  
Another thing is the polarity of his primetime team mate, Kobe and his coach, both being Virgos, he's had more of a balance on the team. But that goes into something of which I specialize, relationships and their karmic significance, that I would become much too verbose. Another time, perhaps after they win the championship, I'll comment on the Pisces/Virgo polarity, of which I am well aware, myself being Pisces, my only son is a Virgo! I know all about that.  
So until the next time, Lois, thank you for providing more accurate birth data than anyone else. And happy birthday, because I seem to recall you were a Gemini.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #8 - on: 03.06.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Sam

In response to Question #3: I want to point out the Grand Sextile (interlocking Grand Trines) in the early degrees of Fire and Air. Trines are linked to the number 3 and representative of movement. This would be emphasized in the "fast moving" elements of Fire and Air. Sextiles are number 6 and balance. I would guess that the problem with free throws has less to do with concentration and is more likely a side-effect of trying to get all this motion to stand still. The flow of the game seems to be necessary for Shaq.  
OK, I looked at the chart again and the Leo-Aquarius axis is (just) the nodes. Of course, the Moon's nodes are the points which talk about one's goals for this lifetime, so I stand by the analysis. And, of course, a Capricorn Midheaven would be reluctant to accept a "free" throw -- preferring to earn the points. Smiley  
I just signed on the astrodatabank a couple of weeks ago and am enjoying the charts. Thanks.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #9 - on: 03.06.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

Even though Shaq O'Neal is a piscean (March 6,1972), and Phil Jackson is a virgoan (September 17,1945) and opposite signs, they make a winning team for the NBA finals 2000. Shaq, and his coach Phil, share astrological golden planetary links between their magi astrology charts. The two links that they share are chiron in Shaq's chart trining or enhancing pluto in in Phil's which gives them a powerful (pluto) partnership (chiron) for profit making (pluto) and competitive success (pluto). Phil's venus is parallel Shaq's pluto which brings luck (venus) in competition (pluto). During the finals with the Indiana Pacers, Shaq is experiencing an auspicious "golden time" because transiting pluto is in 11 degrees of sagittarius and trining or enhancing his natal chiron. This is bringing him luck in gaining power or winning the NBA championship. Visit me at http://escape.to/soulmates.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #10 - on: 03.06.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Sesh Venugopal

Shaquille O'Neal has finally come to be recognized as a great basketball player. Recognition by society is tied to the MC. There were two significant progressions involving his MC at around the time of his being conferred the MVP award: Tertiary progressed MC square Natal Asc on 5-19-2000, and Solar Arc Sun square the Natal MC on 4-17-2000. Clearly, the MVP award defines the year as an outstanding one for O'Neal.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #11 - on: 03.06.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Anthony Louis

Q1 -What can we see in his chart that made this year Shaq's finest?  
In looking at the tropical non-precessed Solar Return (SR) for 2000 set for his residence of Orlando Florida, we see several features that make this a significant year:  
1. The SR Ascendant conjoins the natal MC, bringing prominence and recognition in his career. SR Pars Fortuna also conjoins the natal MC, indicating a very fortunate year for career matters.  
2. SR Jupiter occupies the natal first house, conjoins natal Venus, and trines natal Jupiter and natal Pars Fortuna. The action of these benefics is to bring great good fortune during 2000.  
3. SR Saturn in the natal first house trines SR Pars Fortuna, bringing reward for past effort. SR Saturn also trines the SR Ascendant, which Ray Merriman in his book on Solar Returns delineates as: "This is a year of great maturity and professional recognition."  
4. The SR Sun conjoins the SR Moon (an SR New Moon) marking an important new beginning. This SR New Moon sextiles the natal MC and the SR Ascendant, a very fortunate indicator for personal success.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #12 - on: 03.06.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

I would like to thank Anthony Louis for making a valiant effort to show how a Tropical Return chart can be an accurate predictor without being corrected for precession. Hence, it deserves some comment.  
(Note: I too used Orlando as the location. Both returns took place on 3/6/2000. The non-precessed return took place at 3:13:27AM EST, the Sidereal/precession-corrected return happened at 12:24:15PM)  
"1. The SR Ascendant conjoins the natal MC, bringing prominence and recognition in his career. SR Pars Fortuna also conjoins the natal MC, indicating a very fortunate year for career matters."  
In the Sidereal SR, there are also natal angle/SSR angle aspects. N-Asc sextiles SSR-Asc within 2.5 degrees, and N-MH sextiles SSR-MH within less than 1.5 degrees.  
(Never having seen any solid data about the PoF, I don't use it.)  
"2. SR Jupiter occupies the natal first house, conjoins natal Venus, and trines natal Jupiter and natal Pars Fortuna. The action of these benefics is to bring great good fortune during 2000."  
SSR Jupiter also makes these aspects. It also aspects both the SSR Asc and SSR MH. TSR Jupiter conjoins the TSR IC and is five semi-octiles away from the TSR Asc. Since Jupiter interacts with the angles in both returns, the TSR doesn't tell us anything the SSR doesn't regarding Jupiter.  
"3. SR Saturn in the natal first house trines SR Pars Fortuna, bringing reward for past effort. SR Saturn also trines the SR Ascendant, which Ray Merriman in his book on Solar Returns delineates as: "This is a year of great maturity and professional recognition.""  
SSR Saturn sextiles SSR MC. Again, a key planet aspects angles in both precessed and non-precessed charts.  
"4. The SR Sun conjoins the SR Moon (an SR New Moon) marking an important new beginning. This SR New Moon sextiles the natal MC and the SR Ascendant, a very fortunate indicator for personal success."  
While the SSR Sun-Moon conjunction is much wider (about six degrees apart), in the SSR, it's still respecable, and the SSR Moon is still close enough to the SSR MH to be considered "foreground" (it also makes an approaching sextile to the SSR Asc). Moreover, the SSR foreground Sun-MH conjunction is tighter than the TSR Sun-Asc sextile. (On a related note, TSR Mercury isn't in the foreground; SSR Mercury is. TSR Mercury doesn't indicate the media attention for Shaq that SSR Mercury does.)  
To summarize, the accuracy the TSR has is due primarily to its harmony with the SSR -- the same planets interact with angles, making them key players in both charts. However, for most people during most years, this isn't the case. Shaq's accurate TSR for this year is therefore an exception rather than the rule for TSRs.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #13 - on: 03.06.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Sheldon Rosner

O'Neal was awesome Friday night (09June), even with Kobe hurt. But Harp stepped up...he's 1/20/64, btw, and with transit Neptune on his Mars he was slippery as a fish and inspired. Glenn Rice also did well, with his Moon in Aquarius, and good athletes always surprise their opponents, so they often have Aquarius well positioned in their chart. It looks like a Championship year is in the stars.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #14 - on: 03.06.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

After comparing Phil Jackson and Shaquille O'Neal, I decided to compare Phil and Michael Jordan (born February 17,1963). Lo and behold I discovered that Michael and Phil share magi gold links as well and in addition share combined symmetrical planetary geometry in the form of a yod shape to explain 6 championship rings between them. Not only that but Lenny Wilkens shares 2 gold links with Toronto's Vince Carter and in addition shares a combined symmetrical planetary geometry in the form of a grand trine to provide the potential of championship type success-divisional championship for sure and more with time. Vince's mars in the declinations enhances Lenny's super success aspect and Lenny's neptune (long term security) enhances Vince's sports champion aspect according to magi astrology. Visit me at http://escape.to/soulmates.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

As one of the largest astrology portals WWW.ASTRO.COM offers a lot of free features on the subject. With high-quality horoscope interpretations by the world's leading astrologers Liz Greene, Robert Hand and other authors, many free horoscopes and extensive information on astrology for beginners and professionals, www.astro.com is the first address for astrology on the web.
Homepage - Free Horoscopes - Astrodienst Onlineshop - Astrology Knowledge - Ephemeris - Authors and Staff - My Astro - Direct Atlas query - Sitemap - FAQ - Forum - Contact Astrodienst