Uranus12Aries34'13"4n21
    Neptune5Pisces10'56"10s18
    Pluto12Capricorn51'15"20s39
    TrueNode16Libra5' 7"r6s20
    Chiron13Pisces29'48"2s10
    Explanations of the symbols
    Chart of the moment
| My Astro | Forum | FAQ
Welcome as a guest in the Astrodienst forum. You can login to your Astro profile or register as a forum member.You can also remain in the guest status and navigate through this forum as a reader. 23.12.2014 at 00:46 [UT]

Forum Rules Home Help Search  
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Astro-Databank: Celine Dion (Read 323 times)
Astro-Databank
Global Moderator
Astrodienst Staff
Adb editor

Astro-Databank: Celine Dion
« on: 31.12.2000 at 12:30 [UT] »

Discussion about
Celine Dion, born 30 March 1968 at 12:15 PM in Charlemagne

This discussion is imported from the  comment board on the  previous astrodatabank.com website.

Tremendous talent, evident at an early age. Meteoric career. Yet grounded. True to her sense of values. Where do we see these in the chart? If she came to you at 12, would you be able to predict that she:
  • had tremendous singing talent?
  • would marry someone much older?
  • would have tremendous singing talent?
  • would retire at 32 to seek a baby?

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

re: Celine Dion
« Reply #1 - on: 06.06.2001 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Diana

Her Mercury is in Pisces so she communicates in a Neptunian way (music.) Pluto opposing the Mercury brings vast power to her lungs and vocal cords. And Mercury rules the 2nd House (house of talent) so I think this all shows her significant talent as a singer. Pluto and Uranus are in the house of talent. So it shows her talent is intense and appeals to the masses. Neptune is trining Venus. Her Venus in Pisces also backs up musical talent (although Venus in Taurus is the most common for singing ability in my experience.) But, her Midheaven (career) is in Taurus... so there you have it! It's all over her chart...  
As for marrying someone older... the traditional ruler of her 7th house of marriage is Saturn. Saturn is an older man (father figure.) The modern ruler of her 7th house is Uranus, which indicates an untraditional marriage (older man & she is the bigger bread winner.)  
As for "retiring" at 32, in the year 2000 she had Saturn transiting her Midheaven and her moon. Thus it delayed/paused her career and made her "get serious" about being a mother.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #2 - on: 16.10.2001 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User

The only indication for singing talent I see is Mars in Taurus. Man much older can be seen in Saturn cj. MC. I did not see this young age retirement.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #3 - on: 31.12.2000 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Daniel Mischuk

Now I use the Placidus house system, but the key features in her chart are as follows -  
Pluto conjunct Uranus, in Virgo in the in 3rd house are sextile to Neptune in the 5th house which indicate the need for Celine to overcome and free herself from an innate self analytical and self critical perspective of her singing potential qualities. This would open up the opportunity for Celine to manifest this potential in her own powerful way. Also Pallas is conjunct Pluto and Uranus which indicate the creative genius that needed to be developed by overcoming this self-critical nature.  
Another key dynamic in this chart is the Pluto, Virgo - Venus, Mercury - Pisces opposition. This indicates the need to define a belief structure as a key means of self-development in the area of expression.  
Pluto inconjunct Saturn in Aries on the mid-heaven point are indicative of the issues of control - in Celine's case being controlled by her husband manager and the inherent need to develop self assertiveness in her career. This also strongly indicated by the North Node conjunct Saturn and the Sun all in Aries.  
As an afterthought Jupiter is in Leo (unfortunately in retrograde) in the second house. Jupiter trines Mars in Taurus (strong drive for self-sufficiency), and the moon in Aries both in the 10th house. How about the flow of these two planets?  
Celine does happen to be enormously wealthy.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #4 - on: 31.12.2000 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Claire Cabeza de Baca

Celine has a 9th house stellium which represents her long distance travels and life's philosophy. Sidereally, this house is ruled by Pisces meaning that she "needs others" to help her in the "real world" (husband/manager) and that she is concerned with the plight of the less fortunate. It also speaks to her tremendous appeal to the masses. Her 8th house Venus reveals that she has deep emotions about which she is very private. It also hints about that older man issue and withdrawing from the public eye to protect her private life. Her Moon/Mars trine to Jupiter in the 1st states that she would have tremendous success in whatever she chose to do. But the Sun square Jupiter says that she doesn't like all the attention and responsibility placed upon by her admiring public. They are very loyal to her. Neptune 4th house reiterates her "secret" motherhood, "drawing a veil" between her different lives (public and private).  
If she had come to me at 12, I would have seen her potential. Tropically, Mars in Taurus shows her talent lies in singing. This would not have been evident sidereally. But progressing her planets may put her Moon conjunct her natal Pluto/Uranus positions in the 2nd house (Taurus) showing a sudden, fateful success through singing.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #5 - on: 31.12.2000 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Jef Simpson

The Sun on Celine's chart is conjoined and parallel with Saturn on the MC, its only major planetary contact, and this is a strong indication that an older male will direct her progress to fame and fortune.  
She has Mercury and Venus conjoined in Pisces indicating a beautiful voice. Venus and Mercury are opposite Uranus conjoined Pluto indicating a global appreciation of her talent spread via technology. The presence of Uranus in this group indicates that her voice is also unusual (5 octave range). Venus and Mercury in Pisces trine Neptune, Pisces ruler, in the 5th showing that there is an important entertainment factor present, which is appealing to all the sexes and ages.  
Transiting Jupiter has been hovering around her natal moon in the sign Aries for some months now indicating it is a good time to put her motherhood plan into action. Transiting Neptune has been squaring her natal Mars in the sign Taurus, indicating a time to dissolve the current structure of her life and move in a different direction. She has decided to retire for a while and raise a family. It is definitely a dream of hers as she knows the benefit of a large family.  
These are short answers to the questions and the major, but not the only, factors at work.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #6 - on: 31.12.2000 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Jackie Slevin

In Equal houses, the singing talent stems from an exalted Venus, ruler of music, exactly conjunct Mercury, ruler of the vocal chords. Here are some strong pipes. Taurus, the traditional ruler of music, rules the MC, with Mars in Taurus conjunct it. S Node in Libra in the 4th indicates the music in her family roots.  
Marriage to someone much older is shown by Saturn, the traditional ruler of Aquarius, ruling her descendant. With the ruler of the 7th in the exactly conjunct the MC (in Placidus) it is no wonder Dion married her manager. Saturn is also conjunct her Sun. Dion's identity is connected with older men such as Dad, Grandpa and natch, Rene.  
Her meteoric career is indicated by Saturn conjunct her MC (Placidus) within 5 minutes. Saturn rules her 6th and 7th houses so her work and her partner would take her to the top. Dion's pre-natal eclipse, 2 days prior to her birth, is at 8 Aries, conjunct her Sun. This is always an indication of outstanding success or notoriety. Note this eclipse is also widely conjunct her MC and Saturn. To top it off, Dion's pre-natal lunar eclipse is conjunct her Moon in the 19th. Cher Celine was born to be front and center. The ruler of her second (money, values) the Sun, and the ruler of her 6th house of work, Saturn, conjunct in the MC, coupled with the above mentioned eclipses, is a cosmic stamp of fame and fortune.  
Problems with fertility are shown by the traditional ruler of the 5th, Mars, in detriment, coupled with the co-ruler of the 5th, (Placidus) retrograde. Nebulous Neptune posited therein sheds no light as to exactly WHY she cannot conceive. Jupiter went SD in Dion's chart when she was 22 and will conjoin her Jupiter in the spring of 2000, her 32nd year. She'd have a higher success rate of conceiving in 2000-2001.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #7 - on: 31.12.2000 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Linda L.

Ello, I am a francophone astrologer (sorry for my english!).  
Singing talent: Moon conj. Mars Taurus: the power of the voice. Venus in Pisces trine Neptune (Neptune ruler of Pisces): big artistic sense (not easy to leave with in a the real life)  
Career: House II: Sun (ruler) House VI: Saturn (ruler) House X: Mars (ruler) Sun-Saturn-MC-Moon-Mars: in the highest point in the chart (four planets focus on the career) Moon-Saturn-Mc-Sun in Aries: Aries is a pioneer and wants always being the first one (she is the first francophone with this success)  
Mars square Asc: she cannot stop work (she have to work hard for her success even if it's look easy) trine Jupiter: she is able to be powerful Jupiter in house II: honors - trine Moon: chance Moon represents also the Mother (everybody know it is mother first who send a tape of the first song to Rene Angelil...)  
Asc Leo, Jupiter in Leo, Mars in Taurus: all fixed signs (big ambition and tenacity, able to reach her goal who are very high)  
Older husband: Saturn conj. Sun Saturn ruler of the sixth house: someone with who she works  
Baby: fifth house (double house): scorpio/sagittarius Pluto conj. Uranus (ruler seventh and eight hse): unexpected things can happen, opp. Venus-Mercury: up and down in love affair Jupiter second ruler of the fifth in Hse Two square Neptune in Fifth hse: no time for kids, she have to works, could be later.  
So, this is my study of this chart.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #8 - on: 31.12.2000 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Sylvia Tobias

I doubt that I would have especially predicted anything for her since I refuse to do that. I won't take away anyone else's free will. However, with her stellium in the 9th house area and the Mercury/Venus conjunction, I would have encouraged her to pursue a career that involved communication. I would have told her that she had the ability to overcome any obstacles in her path and could be successful at anything she pursued.  
All of the Aries planets and Mars square the Ascendant would give her tremendous drive and courage. That, along with the Leo Ascendant and Sun conjunct Saturn would indicate strong leadership ability and the desire for children.  
The Mercury/Venus conjunction in Pisces would have led me to believe that she could be a good singer or musician. Their opposition to Pluto would indicate the possibility of great popularity and influence.  
The Sun/Saturn/Nodes conjunction indicates the propensity to form relationships with older men or people who are serious and organized. This is a signature of a manager.  
The only indication from her natal chart that she might retire at 32 to have a child is the Ascendant at 2 degrees of Leo. I once heard that the degrees on the cusps indicate ages when major events will take place in the life. Since Leo's natural home is the 5th house, Children could be a major focus at that age. Otherwise, I would have to look at her progressions and solar arc directions, as well as transits, to find when such events would likely take place.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #9 - on: 31.12.2000 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Tom Clewis

Well for one thing, she was destined to become a singer, because she has her midheaven in Taurus, the sign that rules the throat. I also notice that she has what I believe a stellium in ninth house of international travel, which indicates her global appeal.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #10 - on: 31.12.2000 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Sy Scholfield

She's no Barbra!!! Is it her Moon on my Mars (and her complete lack of Air)? I don't know, but I find Ms Dion rather painful and extremely bland. Give me another Canadian singer - kd lang - or that other Mars-in-Taurus singer - Madonna - any day!  
A couple of years back on a popular TV show, South Park, Dion was lampooned in a rather irreverent portrayal as a stupid sex-crazed mother who slept with "Ugly Bob." This characterization represented everything she wasn't as transiting Neptune (ruler of her Eighth House) reached her Descendant and sextiled her Fourth House natal Neptune.  
Celine Dion has such an obscene amount of money (and elegant houses, blah, blah, blah) and now she wants a baby! She could use some of her over-abundant resources - Second House Uranus conjunct Pluto (dispositor of Neptune in Fourth) - and adopt an unwanted child (or two) perhaps from another culture. That would solve putting herself through (fooling herself about) any more failed baby-making attempts, help a child or two in need, and be an example to all about the compassion a Fourth House Neptune can bring the world's family.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #11 - on: 31.12.2000 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User LL

If Celine Dion came to me at 12 would I be able to predict her success??  
An aspect to be a celebrity is the Sun-Saturn conj. Mc.  
Would marry someone much older?  
Sun-Saturn in IX hse: a man with who she works (Saturn ruler of the sixth) in the 9th house (someone with a different nationality). Rene Angellil is born in Quebec, but his originate nationality is Arabe (Syrian).  
She have very nice aspects (honors, luck, with Jupiter/Leo trine Moon-Mars, fixed signs). It's her who is doing her success (positive signs).

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #12 - on: 31.12.2000 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User James Henry Smith

The house of Fame is Taurus, ruling the voicebox. Leo is rising and Taurus is the Soltice Point to Leo!! Moreover, Venus is exalted in Pisces. Venus, ruling taurus (natural 2nd is exactly conjunct Mercury, here the ruler of her 2nd. And of course her Sun-Saturn conjunction is not only flanking her MC but Sun rules her 1st (self) and Saturn is co-ruler of her 7th house (the other), a classic indication of marriage to a much older mate!!

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #13 - on: 08.12.2003 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Furheen

A retrograde planet will not deny but delay! In this case Jupiter ruler of 5th delayed conception but for sure with an aspect of a cardinal active moon.Aspect of Neptune is just an illusionary wall which can be penetrated. Venus conjunct mercury can easily learn languages.
Yes for sure right there the mother & the partner helping to generate personal resources.
Sun,Chiron with Venus in the eigth not much physical beauty and also some problems with reproductive organs opposite revolutionary planets help from new age methods towards improvement. Can anybody else see 2 marriages!

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #14 - on: 15.01.2004 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Estebon Duarte CMA

With Celine's chart ambition, talent, and success would be available to her immediately and primarily. The Motivation signified by the Asc. would be to achieve power and authority. The arena in which she would most likely attempt this would be professional as the Sun is in its exaltation on the MC, though there would be frustrated attempts at limiting her power and control (a debilitated Saturn on MC). She would be aggressively ambitious in career matters, and vocal (Mars in Taurus trine Asc.), though the vocal should find joyful expression as Mars rules the fifth (Alcabitius houses). And her professional life will develop of her own talents and attempts as Mars rules the MC and is in the tenth. Her idealistc determination and ambition is increased by Jupiter in the first, conjunct the Part of Fortune within 5 degrees of the 2nd house cusp gives effect there as well implying strong financial success. The older partner comes from Aquarius on the cusp of the seventh, indicating a taste for things ancient. As Saturn is the old ruler of Aquarius we see that her partnership will be derived from the career, Saturn's condition implies that he will be dominate though be brilliant and seek to impose his will, but it seems that has worked out for them both.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #15 - on: 20.06.2004 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Joseph Polise

From a sidereal (Hindu) perspective:
This chart has Jupiter Rx in Leo in the 2nd; this is one indication of a powerful voice. The Sun is in a favorable kona house, the 9th. The ruler of the 2nd in a kona house would indicate past-life credit related to earning power, speaking ability, and early family life.  
Capricorn rules the 7th house of partnership. Saturn is Pisces is in the 9th. The 9th is a house relating to the father, mentors and guides, general success. The partner thus acts as a guide or manager for Celine. Saturn is "hemmed in" by the malefic Ketu (ambition, blind desire) and the Sun. Also in her marriage "navamsa" chart the 7th lord is in the 10th indicating the husband's involvement in career matters.  
Her 10th house of career is spectacular. Mars is in its own rasi(Aries)and is conjunction with the Moon. This combination gives her the "Chandra Managla Yoga" which may give benifits through the hospitality industry (a hotel has built a fancy auditorium as a showcase for her vocal talents) and wealth. She also has a line of perfume. Moon/Mars also forms a "Dharma Karma Adhipati Yoga" which is a yoga that lets a person rise to fame in her field. Jupiter in the 2nd also casts a favorable aspect to the 10th and its planets, giving more power of expression.  

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #16 - on: 10.04.2005 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Helen

Where do we find proof that she is a lesbian as has been strongly rumoured. The baby is it Rene's? and why would she decided to have one by him when he has been so ill and at a late age???

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #17 - on: 21.08.2005 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Suresh

My comment is similar to joseph polise.To which I agree to a great extent.In navamsa she has moon and venus in 9th aspecting sun in 3rd house.Mars oppose saturn in 10th-4th indicates her hard work at it.Now ketu get involved in many ways:-he is in 3rd in natal(and from moon in navamsa),in mars star who in 10th with ascendant lord moon indicating that she knew what she wanted to do in life.But ketu and the aspect in amsa as stated above caused her to have to work hard at in dispite her poor background.The mars-moon in the 10th aspecting 4th gives strong attachment to house/home.older men-her husband-is signified by 7th lord saturn with sun and rahu in 9th house(according to some this also indicates father figures) as pointed out by joseph polise.mercury and venus conjoined in her 8th/9th house thus in weak aspect to both 2nd(wealth) and 3rd(voice) is sufficient for her.the 3rd-9th in amsa of course gives her a VERY STRONG passion for her career(music).Via raman ayanamsa she is in moon dasa venus sub.both are neutral.but as explained above she shall continue pursuing her career(music) behind the scenes(like at las vegas)but Mars dasa(2007) shall urge her to return hopefully.Children is ok due to mars 8th house aspect on his own sign in 5th house and jupiter in 5th from moon.thus it shall be possible for baby number 2 during mars dasa as well.Husband's ill health is seen via the affliction to 7th lord in natal and to an extent in amsa.ketu though causes difficulty in conceiving.thus the key words to her is expreesed by moon- mars in 10th and ketu in 3rd.Viz hard work,determination,etc(as we see she does and is).

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #18 - on: 04.10.2005 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User sophie

i love you celine you are my biggest fan i love your singing it is beautyful i hope i can meet you some day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #19 - on: 27.06.2006 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User judas

she's my favorite artist

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

As one of the largest astrology portals WWW.ASTRO.COM offers a lot of free features on the subject. With high-quality horoscope interpretations by the world's leading astrologers Liz Greene, Robert Hand and other authors, many free horoscopes and extensive information on astrology for beginners and professionals, www.astro.com is the first address for astrology on the web.
Homepage - Free Horoscopes - Astrodienst Onlineshop - Astrology Knowledge - Ephemeris - Authors and Staff - My Astro - Direct Atlas query - Sitemap - FAQ - Forum - Contact Astrodienst