Uranus12Aries34'11"r4n21
    Neptune5Pisces8'59"10s18
    Pluto12Capricorn47'55"20s39
    TrueNode16Libra24'14"r6s27
    Chiron13Pisces27'14"2s11
    Explanations of the symbols
    Chart of the moment
| My Astro | Forum | FAQ
Welcome as a guest in the Astrodienst forum. You can login to your Astro profile or register as a forum member.You can also remain in the guest status and navigate through this forum as a reader. 21.12.2014 at 09:53 [UT]

Forum Rules Home Help Search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print
Astro-Databank: Bill Maher (Read 765 times)
Astro-Databank
Global Moderator
Astrodienst Staff
Adb editor

Astro-Databank: Bill Maher
« on: 12.09.2005 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

Discussion about
Bill Maher, born 20 January 1956 at 10:32 PM in New York NY

This discussion is imported from the  comment board on the  previous astrodatabank.com website.

Bill Maher aptly named his first long-running political show "Politically Incorrect." Like Michael Moore whose chart we have studied, Maher is unafraid to take on the establishment--whether the "establishment" is government, organized religion or mainstream American culture. Let's study his chart to see what factors might describe him and his career:
  • Maher may well be a confirmed bachelor as his lawyer describes. Where in the chart might you see this un-marital status?
  • Maher's Venus is an important planet in his chart. It's dignified in Pisces, rules his Libra Ascendant and forms many aspects, both easy and challenging. How might you interpret Venus in this chart and where does it play out in his life and work?
  • A satirist has to understand the issues and be able to lend a certain type of acerbic humor. Where is the political satirist in this chart?
  • Maher has Mercury Rx in his chart. What does this lend to his ability to communicate his opinions and views?
  • Notice the grand cross in fixed signs involving both lights and two powerful outer planets, Uranus and Neptune, all in early degrees. What possibilities does this aspect pattern suggest for him? If you were his astrologer, how would you counsel him to work with the challenges and gifts inherent in this fixed cross?

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

re: Bill Maher
« Reply #1 - on: 23.11.2005 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User RC

>Maher may well be a confirmed bachelor as his lawyer describes. Where in the chart might you see this un-marital status?
Mars rules his house of partnerships, is in the 'bachelor' sign of Sagittarius conjunct Serious Saturn. Shows that there is pain connected with partnerships. Venus in Pisces always carries its fair share of unrequited love issues. However, Mars in his chart dictates whether or not he commits to anyone long term - the pain is too 'scary' for him, as well as the 'fear' (Saturn) of losing all or half of his assets (2nd hs Saturn).
Maher is a genius in his own right. His Mercury in Aquarius and his Sun conj Chiron give him the ability to tap into the collective consciousness' and express what many wouldn't dare to say but think nevertheless. This is healing in and of itself, to all those who listen to him, for he has the courage to speak and challenge the status quo.  
I believe Maher is a catalyst for changing the consciousness and revealing the long held stubborn viewpoints as social hangups to the public. (Jupiter conj Pluto in the 11th house (public) in Leo (fame), i.e., religion and politics. (Sun conj Chiron in Aquarius).

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #2 - on: 23.11.2005 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User deborah

Deb
He has Neptune in the 1st, which is known for "soaking in like a sponge, others vibratons,", getting the "feel", so to speak for the public. Neptune then is aided by both Venus rising, as well as Venus in Pisces.  
The humor of course, is strictly "Sag" in his 2nd, along with Saturn's "dry wit".,or in this case, called acerbic humor.
Mercury Rx, is the ability to think differently, albeit, against the norm or flow of others. Aquarius, gives the ability via no boundaries for thought, if one has both the inner wisdom to tap this higher energy of Aquarius,(Uranus ruler)....and apparently he does, presenting the information in a way which is not harmful, nor too violently opposed to others. Rather in an accepting Venus way.,again the benevolence of Pisces here.
Saturn square to Venus & Jupiter, of course, is the limitations of the mind here to express openly, any feelings for love or to give of himself,other than in the ways he does already.
What I might suggest to him would be that to grow as a soul requires overcoming these obstacles, which are shown as the harder aspects, both with Saturn, as well as Uranus (opp Sun, Square Moon) opposing a sharing with another on an intimate level, as well as Neptune's harsher aspects, as both these planets are the outer planets to which we aspire to bring the higher vibrations into the life given.
To be then, satisfied with what we have in hand, is to refuse to grow or evolve. The neuroses surrounding this refusal to share intimately, is found with Sun square Moon, or in the 4th house where Chiron sits in pain.(early home life).
Of course some of us are satisfied with what we have at hand, and this then is indicative of our free will in life, to add and grow or stay stationary in certain areas.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #3 - on: 23.11.2005 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Penelope

1. Aries on the 7th house cusp, ruled by Mars in the bachelor sign. The Moon in Taurus shows that he doesn't lack for female companionship. However, it's position square the Sun suggests that he has problems with assimilating his male/female components. Also, my feeling is that his parents probably didn't get along or, at the very least, didn't mesh - so any role models for marriage were lacking.  
In addition, the Sun/Moon square is a part of a grand fixed cross with Uranus and Neptune - so he likes his freedom and probably has a very idealized sense of the type of woman that he might commit to. I'd be willing to bet that once a relationship got too real, Bill would hit the road.
2. I think he's probably a romantic with the 5th house Venus - which is sextile his Moon. As I mentioned above, I don't think he lacks for female companionship. The Venus would also add to the idealization element about a perfect mate and he has likely been disappointed many times in the past when the relationships don't match up to his fantasies.  
Venus is also square to his Saturn/Mars conjunction - so his sexuality might come into play. Saturn/Mars often indicates difficulties with sex - probably due to a difficult relationship with the father. Here we have another personality (like Peter Jennings) whose Dad preceded him in the business. Maher may have gone the commentary route rather than straight news as a response to the competitiveness he likely feels with his father.
Venus ruling the Libra ASC, in Pisces, in the 5th softens the rough edges. Without this, his opinions would likely not be tolerated, much less admired.  
3. Most comedians/satirists have a strong Saturn, which rules timing. In this instance, I think the Mars/Saturn - square Venus serves him. The frustration of his combination plays out for him creatively in the 5th and the 2nd/3rd. I use Placidus cusps, which places his Mars in the 3rd with the NN. The placement in straight-shooter, no mincing of words Sag allows him to speak his mind without a whole lot of editing. Again the Piscean Venus saves him - most of the time.
4. To me, Mercury Rx generally shows up in the charts of people who have very careful thought processes. The Rx element likely helps mitigate the otherwise aggressive nature of his communication. He has likely worked over his opinions in his head, so that much of what appears to be shooting from the hip is actually prepared.
5. Please note the comments I made about the fixed cross in #1. My impression of Maher is that he's doing just fine with the challenges. Of course, what I see is likely the Cancer M/C, but he strikes me as someone of compassion and comfortable with himself. He vents and gets paid for it. Finds humor in the direst of circumstances and likes animals. He's an advocate for humanity - can't do much better than that.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #4 - on: 23.11.2005 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Ouranos

Mr. Maher" Venus is irreducibly complex. Venus trine his Mc indicates his career was helped along by his family experiences.  
His Venus in T-Sqr involving 5 planets imparts a complex of values which I find difficult to distill into a concise revelation. Love is difficult, bonding is difficult, affection works for him, Taurus moon enjoys the sensuality. Saturn in the mutable T-square indicates the envietable lawsuits such as the airline attendant's. I would guess he is much more concerned with his image and career than he ever could be concerned with a partner. Thus, such a person makes the choice between maintaining a relationship or devoting his focus and energies upon a career. He came of age in the free-wheeling '70s when the U.S. divorce rate hit 52% and Uranus and Pluto moved across his ascendant. Thus his percieved role was altered, perhaps permanently.  
Contributing to bachelorhood is the Fixed Cross with Sun-Uran-Mo. This man enjoys his automomy. I couldn't see him living very successfully or happily without. This fixed T-sqr also suggests skills at keeping things exciting, interesting which any talk-show host must.  
Fascinating person. Thank you posting it. I think many pages could be written about his Venus.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #5 - on: 23.11.2005 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User M

This is one of the more fascinating charts...
The piece de resistance of the chart is the Fixed Grand Cross..Not a Bull one with large orbs either, Sun at 0 Aquarius, Moon at 2 Taurus, Uranus at 0 leo and Neptune at 0 Scorpio..More on this later on...
In Addition Maher has a mutable t-square with Venus at 4 Pisces, Mars/Saturn at 0-4 degrees Sagitarius and Jupiter/Pluto at late leo...
Venus in Pisces gives the fish like lips and face that looks like the permanent scowl...
Venus closely squaring Saturn delays and on occasion frustrates marriage alltogether...
7th house is empty, its ruler is Mars at 4 degrees Sag, a critical degree, conjunct Saturn at 0 degrees Sag, another critical degree, conjunction of the malefics in a mutable sign is a problem between stop and go...in a mutable sign, Maher is too flighty and fickle to get married..Mars in Sag is "dont fence me in"
Ruler of 1st and Ruler of 7th exactly square each other, marriage wouldnt last anyways...Sun and Moon square each other in fixed signs, shows poor impression of marriage conventionally..Lack of inward harmony
Ruler of 1st in 5th house, shows fondness of sex and love affairs, in a mutable sign, fickle and afraid of commitment..
Sun is at 0 degrees, making it critical...Venus at 4 Degrees of a mutable sign is critical..Mars at 4 Degrees of a mutable sign is Critical...Jupiter at 29 Degrees is Anaretic...Saturn at 0 Degrees is Critical...Uranus at 0 degrees is critical and Neptune at 0 Degrees is Critical..Moon is exalted, Mercury is exalted and Pluto is conjunct Regulus, every planet in this chart is excessively important and stressed..There is alot to this incarnation, this is no new soul...
The Sun in detriment is saved thru exact mutual reception by opposition with Uranus, giving a healthier ego, but Sun in Aquarius is always democratic and liberal...
Strong Sun by Reception and Strong Moon, shows good blend of ego and persona, but the square causes friction, the square shows that he didnt favor his parents marriage, perhaps the blending of catholic and jewish caused confusion and hostility..
Mercury retrograde makes on introspective and a thinker...It is unaspected, making a very deep thinker, with a very fast brain and in Aquarius can give a progressive and modern slant, very "greater good" oritented, especially as ruler of the 9th house..
Mars and Saturn in Conjunction i find makes a bit of a coward..in Sagitarius we arent going to find a fighter, more someone interested in ideals, the malefics too close to each other and neither one in dignity in sagitarius is one who is always complaining about one thing or another, isnt sure quite when to stop or to go, so just criticizes both ends...
 The mutable t-square with the mars/saturn conjunction in sagitatius, i find functions in the third house making the critic arguing trivialities (3rd house) in sagitarius (big picture), note its how he makes his living by actually being in the 2nd house...
The grand cross in the cardinal houses makes for someone feelings crucified with 4 inner voices, stubborn and adamant arguing with each other..the inner stress causes him to be ferociously vocal, opinionated and stubborn...there is not outlet so it sling shots in his head..causing alot of inner restleness...
This is one of the most fascinating charts ive seen..his head must go clinkity clank with tension...

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #6 - on: 23.11.2005 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Cynthia

In spite of his Libra ascendant, which can make even an Aquarius a passive crybaby, his Cancer midheaven challenges (square) that personality point to take care of things (Cancer) "out there" for the public/world.
Jupiter approaches conjunction with Pluto in the House of Great Causes. From all possible Plutonian depths to the heights of Zeus' Mount Olympus, these two can provide a veritable fight for any cause on behalf of humanity. These gods demand justice.
Mars provides an almost unending supply of energy for Saturn's focus, or Saturn provides focus for the energy of Mars. Either way, that they are conjunct in Sagittarius requires Mr. Mahar to value (2nd House) world knowledge/philosophy enough to be an authority of many issues, and these concepts challenge the 11th House conjunction to remain active via out-of-sign square - both conjuncts in that inspirational fire.
Sun opposing Uranus provides an awareness of differences and diversity all falling under the label of "uniqueness", and as the upheavals of Uranus are a regularity in life, big issues don't shake him, allowing him to stand firm when all around might throw their verbal darts as they fall off their towers.
This particular opposition often reflects frequent partner changes, or that partners leave suddenly without notice. May as well stay a bachelor.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #7 - on: 23.11.2005 at 12:30 [UT] »

M - Nice delineation, however the 7th is not empty: he has the Moon in the 7th. Granted in the equal house chart, it's pretty close to the 8th, but with Placidus cusps, it's definitely in the 7th. Suggests to me he forms a lot of relationships - many evolving from his public persona, but doesn't stay in them - he's too changeable.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #8 - on: 23.11.2005 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User siri

I work as an astrologer and deal with ALOT of charts, and was compelled to note here that the last time I saw a chart like this, it was that of JonBenet Ramsey's. Her's too, has a grand square involving her sun and moon. We in our little astrological circle have had many conversations on what a powerful mover and shaker she would have been had she survived her childhood. Interesting. Just a "drive-by" comment here. Smiley

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #9 - on: 23.11.2005 at 12:30 [UT] »

Figures that I'd correct someone else and find that I made a mistake! Mercury retrograde strikes again - in Placidus, his moon is just under a degree from conjuncting the 8th house cusp. Still the moon is in the 7th. However, its closeness to the 8th reinforces my feelings that he has some sexual potency issues - Moon is quincunx that Mars/Saturn conjunction. I can see the potential of him becoming physically and verbally abusive as Nancy Johnsen contended. Looking for the perfect woman and when she doesn't deliver the goods, he might get very angry; the Mars/Saturn is known to be passive/aggressive.
What's interesting about the Johnsen suit is I think it really surprised him. The date that the suit was filed, Uranus was @ 2Pis52Rx conjunct Venus, Sextile the Moon and square the midpoint of his Mars/Saturn conjunction. I suspect he was deeply hurt.  
The date that the suit was dismissed, Mars was @ 1Pis16 conjunct the Moon @ 3Pis05 - he felt justified.
Indeed, M, volumes can likely be written about his Venus.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #10 - on: 23.11.2005 at 12:30 [UT] »

Siri - One might consider that JonBenet Ramsey is a mover and shaker because of her death. She achieved more fame in her 6 short years alive and almost 9 dead than most people have in 60. 3 close to exact, very difficult oppositions with no protective elements in the chart didn't give her much of a chance to do more. Tragic.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #11 - on: 23.11.2005 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User BrendaBritt

I am a palmist. Bill will most likely never have children; he also has sexual problems which are shown on his palm. Check out www.safesearching.com/billmaher/home.shtml If Bill knew he was showing his whole life to those of us who are palmists, he'd never wave again. His Work is his life - He can live w/out a wife - just love affairs will suit him and the less money he has to spend on his women, the better.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #12 - on: 23.11.2005 at 12:30 [UT] »

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #13 - on: 23.11.2005 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User

Hey ladies, get out your paddles and handcuffs. Bill Maher's progressed Venus is conjunct his n. Moon in the 7th and his progressed Moon is conjunct his n. Venus in the 5th. If he can't find his perfect someone right now then he's missed the boat for his entire life. Ruler of his Rising squaring ruler of his Descendant which is involved in that t-square from hell, ergh. If he were a woman he'd have been raped about 40 times by now. He wouldn't fare very well in jail. Same rising and Moon sign as Bill Clinton.
The key to the humor (to me) could possibly be that the empty leg of his t-square is the cusp of the 9th house (sign Gemini). Humor, media, idealism, education. Mercury is a big surprise. It is retrograde and has only one aspect sextile/trine the Nodes. Puts very strong emphasis on communication in 5th house concerns like entertainment. The rest of his planets are so heavily aspected that this really stands out to me.
The Jupiter/Pluto conjunction in the house of hopes and wishes doesn't hurt, of course, with regard to luck in career. Crisis oriented but willing to take chances. Trining the Moon connects the energy of the t-square with the Grand Cross. Puts emphasis on Moon, the public and women and Mom. Maybe he's got a major Oedipus complex.
He must mess around a lot. Libra rising people can't stand to be alone. Aries on the Descendant and Venus in Pisces. Maybe he should look for a pushy drug addict? Courtney Love? She's just out of rehab. Sorry, I'm trying to get this guy married off before these aspects are completely over.  
Sun and Rising in Air plus Neptune in 1st house and Cancer on MC seems so gentle. It balances out and is fueled by the intensity and harshness of the Grand Square and the t-square. He's not what he appears to be, complex.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #14 - on: 24.11.2005 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User r.j.

Happy Columbus Day to you, Penelope, and just a reminder not to cook any birds from Canada, this year ! They just might make you, VERY ILL... LOL
About Bill Maher, the former host of ABC's Politically Incorrect. One of the major polling companies did a survey, a few years ago, that showed that a significant slice of Americans, particularly those under 30, get more of their daily news from late night talk shows like Letterman and Bill Maher than the so-called traditional "serious" news broadcasters like Brian Williams and Ted Koppel !
Therefore, I think that Bill Maher, like Peter Jennings, was not only at the right place at the right time, but certainly accomplished his goal of superceding his father as both a presenter of information (news) and also, as an entertainer in general.
I believe that Maher's grand cross aspect in fixed signs (involving Sun, Uranus, Neptune and Moon) was more helpful to him in terms of his career, than hurtful.  
The reason is that both natal Sun and Uranus are not only angular, but in mutual reception and therefore, he could find both personal opportunity (Sun) and career success in broadcasting (ruled by Uranus).
Also, the chart's ruler (Venus) is both exalted and Pisces and well-aspected in the natural 5th house of entertainment, while the Moon (ruler of the 10th house) in Taurus is also exalted.
The Moon is on the 8th house cusp, neutral for a career in broadcasting, but useful, if you need to attract people with money and resources. It;s a money aspect, attracting resources from others.
Natal Moon sextile Venus strengthens both his popularity and likeability and mitigates, to some degree, the challenges presented by the grand cross.  
What astrological advice can we give to the grand cross holder, like Bill Maher ?
It was the late New England astrologer Grant Lewi who postulated in his classic book (Heaven Knows What), that the natal square was not always a reconcileable aspect and the best way to handle it or express it was by taking the least trodden path, eshchewing both tradition and family and by forging a brand new path ?
Lewi also reasoned that the square aspect's success often comes as a result of some personal sacrifice or a "price to pay;" often an emotional price-tag or psychological scarring if the Moon is involved (as is the case, here).
This is contrary to today's psychological need astrology notion that "the sky's the limit" for the natal square aspect, which I think is both unrealistic and misleading !  
While I believe the natal square is a big asset towards personal growth, it has to be taken in context with the whole dynamics of the chart, in general.  
Therefore, the best advice we can give Maher, is to keep on doing...exactly what he has been doing ! He was born to be a broadcaster and communicator and like many show biz types, he needs an audience for his immense talents.  
About his relationships, in general, when I first saw Bill Maher on television, I though that he looked or sounded "gay" (homosexual) and in his chart, with Moon opposite Neptune and Venus, chart ruler, trining Neptune, he just might have the signature of a gay man
However, I have learned the hard way that just because you have the natal chart of "so and so," doesn't necessarily mean that you ARE, so and so !  
Therefore, I will reserve judgement about his sexual preference, here.
I would recommend, though, that he never marry, since his biggest "love" is his career and that he could never remain faithful to one person or relationship, for long.
Like many "show-biz" types, Bill Maher can be a very emotionally possessive and insecure person and he's not an easy person to understand or live with. (natal Venus opposite Jupiter and Pluto and square Saturn).
You'll need to be an extraordinary patient, special and understanding woman to deal with a person like him !  
Unfortunately, many people with natal Venus square Saturn equate love with suffering or vice versa.
Bill Maher is sometimes a petty and hot-tempered and even negative person with a subconscious desire to see others suffer.
Fortunately, this darker side of Bill Maher is unlikely to be revealed on prime time television, but i think for the most, what you see is, what you get !  
Finally, I want to comment on Maher's peregrine Mercury in the 5th house. This is the aspect of communicative genius and intellectual prowess, or a blundering, sardonic tendency while speaking and writing that borders on the outrageous !
Often with the peregrine aspect, there are no halfway measures and either one or the other occurs.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #15 - on: 24.11.2005 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Bill Autrey

Jupiter conjunct Pluto in Leo in the 11th. show off
Thors Hammer to the North Node,  
Venus inconjunct Uranus, Moon square Uranus, either single or gay or both
Libra rising judgemental
Saturn/Mars conjunct. hard roe to hoe
New Rules Need to change society
Not a middle of the roader

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #16 - on: 24.11.2005 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Jane Griscti

1. Maher may well be a confirmed bachelor as his lawyer describes. Where in the chart might you see this un-marital status?
At first glance you'd think Maher's chart would favour marriage. The Moon, universal significator of the wife, is exalted in the 7th house of marriage sextile Venus, Asc ruler, exalted in the 5th house of love affairs. However, on closer examination, there are numerous factors which deny a marriage:
(a) Venus Asc ruler in partile square to Mars, ruler of the 7th - his affairs and partnerships will be marred by quarrels and disputes; Mars, significator of the partner is in a mutable sign in a travel (3rd) house: they will walk away.
(b) Uranus, co-ruler of the 5th of love affairs, is square the Moon in the 7th - this is a disruptive and mutally separating aspect in fixed signs. While the Moon applies to Venus in the 5th, an indication potential partners will seek love affairs with him in the hope of marriage, the Uranus/Moon square makes it extremely unlikely any love affair will result in a marriage. This is confirmed by Saturn, co-ruler of the 5th conjunct Mars, ruler of the 7th ... both of which would work to deny or obstruct a marriage.
(c) Neptune peregrine in the 1st opposite Moon in 7th - he's pushing marriage away. Neptune is in Scorpio, sign of the Moon's Fall indicating a partner or spouse would have very little impact on his personal life. Neptune is trine Venus in the 5th, an indication he sees himself as a 'lover' (trine to 5th) not a 'spouse' (opp to 7th).
(d) Mercury, ruler of the 9th house of legal matters, is exalted and retro in the 5th, there is a wide applying square between Mercury and the Moon indicating any talk (Mercury) of a legal (9th) union (7th) eventually creates quarrels and disputes (square).
(e) Jupiter and Pluto conjunct in the 11th of friends in opposition to Venus in the 5th and trine Moon in the 7th is an indication his friends encourage potential partners and oppose his indulgence in numerous affairs which only serves to encourage him as he is apt to view their efforts as coercive (Pluto) and arising from jealousy (Venus).
 2. Maher's Venus is an important planet in his chart. It's dignified in Pisces, rules his Libra Ascendant and forms many aspects, both easy and challenging. How might you interpret Venus in this chart and where does it play out in his life and work?
Initially, Venus in Pisces would project a pleasant, social, inoffensive, passive personality. This is a diffult position for a male native. Venus in partile square to Mars may indicate machoism as an overcompensation. In the 5th sextile Moon, ruler of the 10th indicates an interest in a career (10th) in the entertainment (5th) field, one which will put him before the public (Moon, 7th).
The same energies that disrupt a potential marriage also interfere with his life and career. Both planets (Venus and Moon) are exalted, an indication of sudden notable, unusual or out of the ordinary changes in his life and career. This is confirmed by Uranus in the 10th square the Moon: unusual and abrupt (Uranus, square) changes (Moon).
One disturbing element is Venus, Asc ruler, also ruling the 8th of death and square the Mars/Saturn conjunction; an indication of a sudden and violent death indirectly brought on by a love affair or risk (5th) he takes. In any event, it implies he will be the author of his own demise and that the manner of death will be notable (exalted) in some manner.
 3. A satirist has to understand the issues and be able to lend a certain type of acerbic humor. Where is the political satirist in this chart?
Mercury is exalted, trine the Asc indicating an excellent intellect although hindered somewhat by Mercury being retro; his intelligence is not always readily apparent. Mercury is also parallel the Moon, general significator of the mental faculties, exalted and sextile the Asc ruler. The parallel and exaltation of the two planets would increase the intensity of the mind. Both planets in fixed signs would give his mind a depth and stability as well as a stubborn bent.
The only other aspect Mercury has is a wide conjunction to the detrimented Sun - he doesn't think much of the powerful; believing himself to have a better mind.
That fact that most of his commentary concerns foreign and political affairs is shown by Mercury ruling the 9th house of foreigners and it's conjunction to the Sun, planet of politics and ruler of the 11th house -- the government's administration. That it displays itself in his career is shown by Uranus dispositing Mercury in the 10th of career. Mercury also rules the 12th House of secrets - he thinks about what goes on behind the scenes.
 4. Maher has Mercury Rx in his chart.
[continued in next posting]

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #17 - on: 24.11.2005 at 12:30 [UT] »

[continued from posting above:] by Jane Griscti
What does this lend to his ability to communicate his opinions and views?
Mercury retro would cause him to tone down his tongue somewhat - his ideas, thoughts would be expressed indirectly; hence the satire.
 5. Notice the grand cross in fixed signs involving both lights and two powerful outer planets, Uranus and Neptune, all in early degrees. What possibilities does this aspect pattern suggest for him? If you were his astrologer, how would you counsel him to work with the challenges and gifts inherent in this fixed cross?
The fixed cross would indicate continual difficulties relating to his career (10th), life (1st), public (7th) and those in authority (Sun). His greatest resource, in dealing with the tensions and difficulties that arise, is his intellect (Asc trine Mercury parallel Moon). He is intelligent enough to recognize shifts in pulic affairs and opinions; if he could learn to temper his speech and thoughts with a compassion for others and recognize that compassion can be a strength as well as a weakness, it's possible his life would go easier.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #18 - on: 24.11.2005 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Bettina Woolard

In the Vedic system the indications showing bachelorhood are crystal clear. Jupiter rules the 7th house of marriage and it sits in the malefic 12th house cnj Pluto, which often denies or negates. Jupiter's dispositor is Sun which is aspected by Saturn, another denier. In the Vedic system that sextile is, along with the backwards square, the opposition, and the conjunction, Saturn's most powerful aspect.  
Then let's have a look at Venus, the natural indicator of marriage. It's in the 6th, another malefic house, opposed by Pluto and squared by Saturn (though the forwards sq from that planet is not as powerful as the backwards) and Mars. I would venture that he doesn't trust people, especially women.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #19 - on: 25.11.2005 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Paula R. Gassmann, moderator

He has a great need to relate with the Libra rising and Moon in 7th. He is at heart a romantic. The question is: who could handle him? Most roads in his chart lead to the Sun-Uranus opposition/mutual reception. He's progressive and revolutionary, and absolutely needs his independence/freedom. His quick wit and fearless confrontation would make calm cooperation difficult, but this is a lesson for him, with the Mars square Venus tied to Saturn. The Aquarian nature tends to be detached, thus their genius. The Moon-Neptune opposition suggests he was tricked at least once. His relating is probably much easier at a political level. The bio describes that he idolized Johnny Carson, and appeared on the Tonight Show. One connection to Johnny Carson is the difficulty in interpersonal relationships. Are there others?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print

As one of the largest astrology portals WWW.ASTRO.COM offers a lot of free features on the subject. With high-quality horoscope interpretations by the world's leading astrologers Liz Greene, Robert Hand and other authors, many free horoscopes and extensive information on astrology for beginners and professionals, www.astro.com is the first address for astrology on the web.
Homepage - Free Horoscopes - Astrodienst Onlineshop - Astrology Knowledge - Ephemeris - Authors and Staff - My Astro - Direct Atlas query - Sitemap - FAQ - Forum - Contact Astrodienst