Uranus12Aries34'13"r4n21
    Neptune5Pisces8'17"10s19
    Pluto12Capricorn46'41"20s39
    TrueNode16Libra30'38"r6s29
    Chiron13Pisces26'18"2s11
    Explanations of the symbols
    Chart of the moment
| My Astro | Forum | FAQ
Welcome as a guest in the Astrodienst forum. You can login to your Astro profile or register as a forum member.You can also remain in the guest status and navigate through this forum as a reader. 20.12.2014 at 19:23 [UT]

Forum Rules Home Help Search  
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Astro-Databank: Johnny Depp (Read 2381 times)
Astro-Databank
Global Moderator
Astrodienst Staff
Adb editor

Astro-Databank: Johnny Depp
« on: 20.10.2007 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

Discussion about
Johnny Depp, born 9 June 1963 at 08:44 AM in Owensboro KY

This discussion is imported from the  comment board on the  previous astrodatabank.com website.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

re: Johnny Depp
« Reply #1 - on: 20.10.2007 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Carol

"Edward Scissorhands" was just on TV. It really is a brilliant, one of a kind movie, thanks in large part to Johnny Depp's sensitive, moving portrayal of the film's protagonist and namesake. Johnny is a natural actor (Leo Asc.) who seems to be just naturally attracted to very original, offbeat, daring roles (Uranus/Mars in the 1st). Speaking of which, who can forget "Ed Wood"? An equally amazing characterization and movie that not only showcased Johnny's versatility as an actor but also garnered him an Academy Award nomination. And there are so many. The list just goes on and on and on. What a great talent!

IP Logged
Yuliana Angelova

Re: Astro-Databank: Johnny Depp
« Reply #2 - on: 10.06.2009 at 19:23 [UT+1] »

WOW! I am impressed that Johnny Depp has six whole planets in earth signs. This makes him pretty grounded for a Gemini Sun and doesn't rule out a happy marriage with Vanessa Paradis, who is a Capricorn. There must be quite a few easy trines between their charts.

By the way, she is reflected by his earthy Moon in Capricorn and earthy Venus in Taurus. Even the 7th-house Saturn in his chart seems to point at her as the 7th house is the marriage partner and Saturn is the ruler of Capricorn.

Wink

Yuliana

IP Logged
Girasoles

« Reply #3 - on: 21.06.2009 at 05:19 [UT+1] »

I read an interview when he says that he feels embarrassed when he sees his acting works. This reaction is typical of those who have a moon in Capricorn Roll Eyes.

IP Logged
SeaGoat72
Ex Member

« Reply #4 - on: 21.06.2009 at 08:24 [UT+1] »

This is what probably also forces him to improve all the time, and not to "rest on laurels"  Smiley

IP Logged
Girasoles

« Reply #5 - on: 22.06.2009 at 00:05 [UT+1] »

Yes, it is Wink. He is a perfectionist in his work, I imagine he will think that the next action should be higher than the previous one.

IP Logged
Penguin Trauma

« Reply #6 - on: 11.10.2009 at 22:08 [UT+1] »

I saw in an interview on the Bonus Disc part of a DVD, of him, and he stated that he finds it extremely difficult to 'switch off' from the roles he plays! That sometimes it could take months to get back to 'himself' again.  

He stated an example of one occurrence when he went to a cafe to get some coffee. He ended up ordering a cuppa, still in the voice and mannerisms of Willy Wonka, even though he had finished filming 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' weeks before! Needless to say, it confused the hell out of the waitress  Grin

I wonder what part of his chart that would be in? Maybe the Neptune sextile Moon and Pluto perhaps? Or maybe even the Gemini Sun itself, so many different sides that he channels through work.

IP Logged
MingX
Ex Member

« Reply #7 - on: 21.10.2009 at 07:22 [UT+1] »

Hmm I can see where his 'actor' comes from! That Leo ASC, with it's ruler, the Sun, having a Bi-Quintile with Neptune (Rules Acting, Illusions, etc)

That Saturn Quintile MC shows an almost definite talent at work, and with that Sun trineSaturn, surely he's a star!

Mars (Ambitions,Drive)conjunct Uranus (Wierd) certainly shows the 'wierd' roles he plays (They're all unique aren't they? There's never one that is 'plain' or even ordinary!)

With the Sun also Quintile Uranus, there's another talent point! The Uranus and Mars also Quintile Neptune..

However, that Square between Saturn and Neptune (Wide though, 10 Degrees) might have indicated some stress between choosing acting as his career?

He's now a famous celebrity.. (Hmm I found interesting is that he has Leo on ASC, but a Capricorn Moon, perhaps he might seem like he's an attetion hoarder/creative,fun person on the outside, but on the inside he's a very serious person?; I guess he might not be very happy about that, with that exact MoonsquareJupiter..)

Though I wish him luck, be him good at everything he does! Grin

IP Logged
Oblique
Ex Member

« Reply #8 - on: 06.12.2009 at 16:07 [UT] »

the chart is so small, it's hard to see the degrees/cusps of houses. but it looks like he has a mars/uranus conjunction (in 1st) i'm thinking he's probably VERY kinky in the sack.

IP Logged
Victorine
Ex Member

« Reply #9 - on: 06.12.2009 at 17:24 [UT] »

Quote from Oblique on 06.12.2009 at 16:07 [UT]:
the chart is so small, it's hard to see the degrees/cusps of houses. but it looks like he has a mars/uranus conjunction (in 1st) i'm thinking he's probably VERY kinky in the sack.

Hi Oblique, if you click on the blue name Johnny Depp you are guided to another screen with a bigger chart, degrees and everything...

IP Logged
Sonja

« Reply #10 - on: 20.12.2009 at 15:24 [UT] »

johnny depp has deep metaphysical ties to elizabethan era playwright christopher marlowe who died in depford on depp's birthday in 1593 (spectacular saturn return, marlowe was just 29).  when i was doing research into marlowe i found a website with the only picture of marlowe extant & a younger johnny depp .. a mind blower.

when i was doing the research i worked out of theory of marlowe's murder -- the original 007 -- john dee the mastermind of it -- depp should produce the movie -- the reckoning which is the name given to marlowe's assassination by government operatives for the indiscretions compromising the national interest (political comments onstage ala SNL). Depp should play and produce John Dee & Dr. Faustus.

IP Logged
Teodoros T.
Ex Member

« Reply #11 - on: 23.12.2009 at 14:40 [UT] »

Meet him ones in south of France, in a little village. It was fun, he was buying bread ( bagette like frenchs says). I learned after that , that he was in fact living in this small village  Smiley
Maybe I should ask him if he have need for readings .

IP Logged
rookish

« Reply #12 - on: 18.12.2010 at 09:46 [UT] »

Is this just earth, surely there should be a 4h element to this?  10h Taurus?

Quote:
'Johnny Depp has previously admitted he hates leaving the house and only does so to check on the progress of his vegetables.

He said: "We have a great place in the South of France. It's a little hamlet - only about 45 acres - and I don't do anything.

"I've not left the property for three months at a time. I literally just wake up, go out, check the garden and see the vegetables growing. It's a pristine existence in terms of simplicity.

"There's no talk of movies or work and, infinitely more important, the telephone never rings. It really is a beautiful, simple life." '

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/35/20101218/ten-jake-gyllenhaal-grows-his-own-veg-764de e7.html

IP Logged
Marle
Ex Member

« Reply #13 - on: 20.12.2010 at 13:13 [UT] »

I think that is the Sun. He probably has books, games, internet...entertainment to keep his mind active. What else does Air need?  Cheesy

Also, I think Air is the best at doing just nothing and being able to simply stare at a white wall for a long time...  Grin Don't you agree?

IP Logged
hellomoon

« Reply #14 - on: 21.12.2010 at 17:40 [UT] »

anyone checked his relocation chart?

IP Logged
Amy C
Ex Member

« Reply #15 - on: 26.12.2010 at 17:18 [UT] »

Quote from GirasoleS on 22.06.2009 at 00:05 [UT+1]:
Yes, it is Wink. He is a perfectionist in his work, I imagine he will think that the next action should be higher than the previous one.

He must be pretty annoyed. 'The Tourist' was yet another insult from Hollywood. Absolutely awful, IMO. I'm not sure he could have done any better than he did...awful script and direction. I suppose he was making it under transit Neptune square MercuryVenus...

I also thought this disappointing piece of crap was appropriate for transit Saturn moving towards the 4th. His career started it's rise on the last Transit Saturn conjunct Natal Neptune, peaked with Transit Saturn at the MC in late 1900's / early 2000's with Donny Brasco, Fear and Loathing, Blow, Chocolat and finally the pirate series. He is due for a makeover.  Saturn through the 1st quad, and into the second Quad, often signals a change of course as well as some disappointment / disillusionment.  

It seems he needs to divorce himself from commercial crapwood. I hope he goes into less profit driven character acting. Lend a hand to some independent film makers now that he has reached the status and financial gains that CapricornTaurus often desire.  

I imagine his love of the countryside and hanging out in his garden is due to all the earth in his chart.

IP Logged
Lara Croft

« Reply #16 - on: 28.12.2010 at 16:51 [UT] »

Vanessa is 22nd December 1972.
0' cappy sun
25' cancer moon
19' scorpio ASC
6' virgo MC

She's also a minute 5'3" tall! Typical Scorpio AC in height then  Grin

IP Logged
HealingHU

« Reply #17 - on: 03.01.2011 at 05:58 [UT] »

Hmm, it's interesting that nobody would mention the most potent part of his chart...the stellium in the second house.   That and probably his most popular role fitting into the pirate archetype as captain jack.  Remember, an actor must be able to tap into those parts within his own psyche and bring those forth.   So we have pirates, bank robber, and a wealthy eccentric, isolated candy maker.    There are several quotes attributed to him that start off "Money can't buy happiness but....."  You can google the rest.  Pluto/Uranus/Mars plus three asteroids in the second house and some hard aspects shows soul lessons and very intense transformations around money and resources.   Especially pluto inconjunct chiron in the 8th house.    

The inability to draw boundaries between character and ones own ego personality is a common problem amongs actors.  There are scores of examples of actors taking on roles and playing them out in real life.   There is some speculation that Keith ledgers dark role in the "Dark Knight" was a factor in his death.   The imagination is powerful but it's also a double edged sword if not controlled properly.  So yes, his challenges with boundaries is neptune but also is mediumistic abilities to take on those characters is his neptune in scorpio.  

the other archetype is as a loner.  I read he is working on or thinking about doing the lone ranger.  T-square to his sun in the 11th house.

IP Logged
Solarstorm

« Reply #18 - on: 04.01.2011 at 05:39 [UT] »

Yeah, AmyC, I did not see the Tourist, but I make point of not seeing anything that Angelina Jolie is in.
I am sure she is making a contribution to life on Earth, but in my mind, not in the realm of acting.
Instead I would love to see Mr. Depp in a film with Russell Brand-who for me, oxymoronically shares Angelina's birthday-down to the year (I don't have a birth time for Russell Brand, tho I'd love that too.)
When I first saw R. Brand, I said to myself, ahhh an English Johnny Depp-indeed they are almost exactly  
12 years apart, both Gemini Cats-or Rabbits if you prefer. For my taste they are practically PURRFECT
in every way. We should start an R.B. astro-Databank thread, too tired this AM, must rest and infuse my dreams with Capricornian Solar Ecliptic aspirations-hope you all have your own aspirations stirring.

Sonja's comments on Johnny Depp and Christopher Marlowe-fascinating, maybe someone will send this idea out and Mr. Depp will fishhook it...

IP Logged
Felix

« Reply #19 - on: 01.02.2012 at 05:02 [UT] »

I had never noticed before that Mr. Depp has Algol in tight conjunction to his MercuryconjunctVenus!
Now that explains a few things. He definitely seems deeper than his CapricornMoon can account for. He was also known for his violent outbursts when he was younger. Well maybe his PlutoconjunctUranusconjunctMars is primary suspect but I wouldn't underestimate Algol - straight from the underworld.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

As one of the largest astrology portals WWW.ASTRO.COM offers a lot of free features on the subject. With high-quality horoscope interpretations by the world's leading astrologers Liz Greene, Robert Hand and other authors, many free horoscopes and extensive information on astrology for beginners and professionals, www.astro.com is the first address for astrology on the web.
Homepage - Free Horoscopes - Astrodienst Onlineshop - Astrology Knowledge - Ephemeris - Authors and Staff - My Astro - Direct Atlas query - Sitemap - FAQ - Forum - Contact Astrodienst