Welcome as a guest in the Astrodienst forum. You can login to your Astro profile or register as a forum member.You can also remain in the guest status and navigate through this forum as a reader. 16.09.2014 at 01:52 [UT+1]

Forum Rules Home Help Search  
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Astro-Databank: Michael J. Fox (Read 180 times)
Astro-Databank
Global Moderator
Astrodienst Staff
Adb editor

Astro-Databank: Michael J. Fox
« on: 20.05.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

Discussion about
Michael J. Fox, born 9 June 1961 at 12:15 AM in Edmonton Alb

This discussion is imported from the  comment board on the  previous astrodatabank.com website.

<h4>Astro-Challenge:</h4>  
We have 17 charts of people with Parkinson's disease in the AstroDatabank. They include Salvador Dali, Deng Xiao Ping, Pope John Paul II, Jean Renoir, Mohamed Ali and other notables. Download and study these charts, and find the common themes among them that might lead us to an [was_link]AstroSignature[/was_link] for Parkinson's disease.
  • To download <b> AstroDatabank</b> format, [was_link]click here[/was_link].
  • To download <b> Solar Fire</b> format, [was_link]click here[/was_link].
  • To download <b> Win*Star</b> format, [was_link]click here[/was_link].

Note: All files are compressed in zip format. After downloading, you must unzip them.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

re: Michael J. Fox
« Reply #1 - on: 20.05.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Geoffrey Hillend

Michael J. Fox has a grand trine involving Mercury, Neptune and Chiron in the first house. Astrologer Liz Greene says that Neptune in the first house can be found in the charts of those people who have physically incapacitating diseases. Mercury rules the nervous system and coordination and Mars rules the muscles. Chiron in the first house in aspect to Neptune is like Neptune in the first house since Neptune in aspect to Chiron in the first is like Neptune in aspect to Chiron in Aries and Mars in aspect to Neptune since Mars is the ruler of the first house and Aries.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #2 - on: 20.05.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Ron Grimes President, International Institute of Predictive Astrology

Using the Systems Approach to Vedic Astrology (SATVA), equal sign/equal house, this would be my assessment of Parkinson's. First, it is a progressive neurological disease that affects a small area of cells in the mid brain known as the substantia nigra. We can therefore assume that their must be an affliction to the astrological correspondences to the brain area: 1st house, 1st house lord, 1st sign of the zodiac (Aries), the lord of Aries (Mars).  
In the chart of Michael J. Fox, he has Capricorn 25:17 rising in the ascendant. Under SATVA, the nodes cast opposition and trine aspects. Here, Rahu (the north node) casts a trine aspect upon both natal Moon and Venus within the sign of Aries. This creates a dual affliction to the brain: affliction to the ascendant lord, and affliction within the house containing Aries.  
If I have correctly identified the astrological causes behind Parkinson's, then we should see a similar affliction in the charts of Salvador Dali, Deng Xiao Ping, Muhammad Ali, and John Paul II.  
Salvador Dali has Gemini 29:59 rising in the ascendant. Rahu casts a trine aspect upon both the ascendant lord Mercury and Mars. Ketu (south node) casts a trine aspect on the most effective point (equal bhava madhya) of the 1st house, which, in this case, extends from 24:59 Gemini through 04:59 Cancer. This creates a triple affliction to the astrological indications for the brain.  
Muhammad Ali has Cancer 25:28 rising in the ascendant. The malefic 6th house lord, Jupiter, casts his trine aspect upon the ascendant lord, the Moon. The highly malefic 8th house lord, Saturn, forms a conjunction with the most effective point (MEP) of the house containing Aries. This creates a dual affliction to the astrological indications for the brain.  
John Paul II has Leo 29:25 rising in the ascendant. Under SATVA, the Moon becomes a functional malefic due to ownership of the 12th house. The Moon conjoins the ascendant lord and therefore afflicts it. The nodal axis afflicts Mercury near the most effective point of the house containing Aries. This creates a triple affliction to the astrological indications for the brain.  
Deng Xiao Ping has Pisces 21:26 rising in the ascendant. Under SATVA, Saturn is a functional malefic, as lord of the 12th house. Also, under Vedic astrology, Saturn casts aspects on the 3rd, 7th, and 10th houses relative to its own position. In this chart, Saturn casts his aspect on the MEP of the 1st house. A more obscure indication is also found in this chart: Rahu casts his trine aspect on the Moon, who disposits debilitated Mars.  
So, each of these charts supports my contention that, for Parkinson's to manifest, there will be multiple afflictions to either the 1st house, 1st house lord, the house containing Aries, or Mars. Additionally, I think it is relevant that, in all of the above charts, the afflictions involve the Moon or its sign, Cancer.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #3 - on: 20.05.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Melanie Thomas

I would read it as a square, due to the thing of "hidden aspects".

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #4 - on: 20.05.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Natori Moore

I have always been a big fan of Michael J. Fox, in part because of his tremendous vitality and facility for physical humor. That's the upside of his Mars-Uranus conjunction. After reviewing his chart, as well as those of my father and grandfather (both of whom have Parkinson's disease) and reviewing some recommended charts from the Astrodatabank, I believe a signature for this disease is a hard aspect between the planets Mars and Uranus in the natal chart. Michael J. Fox has the conjunction on an angle, my father (born 8-15-1933; 2:15 p.m., Saint Marys, PA) has the opposition, my grandfather (born 3-23-1909, time unknown, Saint Marys, PA) has the conjunction, Pope John Paul II has the sesquisquare, and Salvador Dali has the inconjunct.  
Interestingly, comparing the Parkinson's charts with that of Ronald Reagan, who suffers from Alzheimer's disease, reveals the close conjunction between Mercury and Uranus (potential mental disturbances) in Reagan's chart, whereas Mars and Uranus aspects (potential muscle or motor skill problems) appear in the charts of the Parkinson's sufferers. There also may be a connection with air signs, as these notably appear in the charts reviewed.  
Also, I find it fascinating that the site link given that has information on Parkinson's disease states that "...patients may attempt to link onset of symptoms with an ACUTE TRAUMA (emphasis mine) ... accident, surgery or extreme emotional distress" - all sounds like Mars-Uranus to me!

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #5 - on: 20.05.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User

The first things I noted after doing Michael J. Fox's chart were a) his foreground Sun (strong ego and need to be somebody), a partile Mars-Ascendent opposition (competitive), the great number of aspects his Moon-Venus conjunction (which helps to make him gentle, sociable, tolerant, attractive and charming) made to other planets:  
1) semisquaring the Sun giving him terrific drive, a success-oriented attitude, intense desires, and high vitality (Sun-Moon), gentle, congenial, and artistic (Sun-Venus)  
2) squaring Jupiter and Saturn (Moon-Jupiter: wants "the best" for themselves, their friends and their loved ones; Moon-Saturn: susceptible to depression, will take great pride in accomplishments; Venus-Jupiter: needs to be liked and receive appreciation, loves the "high life"; Venus-Saturn: inhibited, cautious; shy, reserved, but could still be a good marriage partner)  
3) trining Pluto and the North Node (ouch!),  
4) and sextiling Chiron (the jury's still out on this, as far as I can tell, since Chiron has yet to return to the place of it's discovery).  
Michael's Moon also sextiles Mercury, quintiles the Ascendent, and sesquiquadrates the Midheaven, making him emotional and communicative.  
Also in Michael's foreground are Jupiter (optimist, philosophical), Saturn (open to self-discipline), Uranus (strong need for an audience), Pluto (transformative), Black Moon Lillith (don't let lack of stature fool you!), and the Nodes (uh-oh)  
Neptune, being part of a Grand Trine, is also strong in Michael's chart. The trine with Mercury is no surprise in an actor's chart, and both trine Chiron (healing through pretending & communicating; yes, I know I'm speculating Wink ; see my comments on Julia Robert's chart).  
With the Sun, Moon, Mercury, and Venus on his Sun/Moon Midpoint, Michael is open to a blend of energies and traits associated with Leo, Cancer, Gemini, Virgo and Libra (experience shows that any planet on the Sun/Moon midpoint will often have a greater "say" than one's Sun and Moon "signs").  
Now for the Parkinson's Disease issues.  
Michael's Sidereal Solar Return for 1990-1991 (06/09/1990, 10:35:25AM PDT, Los Angeles, CA), has Transiting Venus, Natal Mars, Natal Uranus, Natal Neptune, Transiting Pluto, Natal Ascendent, and both Natal and Transiting Nodes in the foreground (from here on, N- means "natal"; T- means "transiting"). T-Venus' opposition to N-Neptune indicates an impact on his career. N-Mars and N-Uranus indicate an attacking disruption in the year to come. The foreground Nodes underscore the disruption's serious nature..  
In the Sidereal Lunar Return that would include early February, 1991 (01/23/1991, 04:16:13AM, PST, Los Angeles), both N- and T- Mercury are square the SLR Midheaven and are in a near partile opposition. T-Mercury conjuncts T-Uranus with only twelve minutes between them. This is the period when the disruption will begin.  
Michael's next event is the Sidereal Ennead in which he experiences T-Sun Trine N-Sun (this is an "ennead" since the Sun has moved 240 degrees since his Solar Return, 240 divides evenly by 40, and 360 divided by 40 equals 9). N-Mercury, T-Venus, and T-Uranus are squarely in the Ennead foreground, signaling further development of the disruption in his acting career. N-PSun squares the Ennead Midheaven and inconjuncts T-Pluto, while N-Pluto sextiles the Ennead Ascendent. The disruption will have a long-term transformation on Michael's life as well as his career.  
Michael's Sidereal Lunar Return for 02/19/1991 (09:40:34AM PST, Los Angeles, CA) puts the Moon in the foreground, about six degrees above the Ascendent. Also in the foreground are N-Venus (the acting career), N-Saturn (restriction, constriction), and N- and T-Neptune (not good!); N-Mercury sextiles the SLR Ascendent while T-Uranus trines it, T-Mars squares N-Pluto, and T-Pluto sextiles the SLR Midheaven.  
If I knew the dates of the diagnoses, I could do Solar Quotidians and Progressed Sidereal Solar Returns, but, unfortunately, I do not have this information.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #6 - on: 20.05.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Don Borkowski

I have a couple technical comments. First, aspects need to be figured by the planets' distance apart, not by sign. Out-of-sign aspects have their own special challenges. Second, equal houses seem to be very strong for career astrology. But for medical astrology, Placidus is clearly the most accurate.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #7 - on: 20.05.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Jeff Jawer, CEO-PublisherStarIQ.com

Mark,  
I read your comments on Michael J. Fox's Moon in Taurus square Saturn in Capricorn. Years ago I heard a Dutch astrologer give what I think is a very good explanation of these out-of-sign aspects. He said that the angles between the planets, irrespective of signs as in this case, represent the raw energies of the planets, sort of an instinctive or animal level of contact. The signs represent a civilizing or societal view of reality. In this case, then, the core energies are in a stress relationship, but the harmony of the signs suggests a relative ease in finding appropriate social outlets for this tension.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #8 - on: 20.05.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Bettina Woolard

I don't have ADB or any other source for data of people with Parkinson's, so I'll just comment on what shows up in MJF's chart that shows physical afflictions, especially to the head/brain area, using the Vedic system.  
Physical body and particularly the head are ruled by 1st house/asc. MJF's asc is exactly opposed by Mars in the sign of its fall. Uranus is also a close opposition to the asc. degree. The Mars aspect is so close that it carries through in the Navamsa, making it doubly powerful.  
Saturn is the asc ruler and is in its own sign in the first, conjoined by Jupiter, a natural benefic, BUT Saturn also rules the 2nd house, in the Hindu system called a Maraka house, meaning it has an inauspicious effect on the native's physical well-being. Also, Jupiter is in its fall in Capricorn and is the 12th house ruler. Probably the benefic effect of Jupiter on the 1st house and asc ruler is to make him popular and widely known. Many angular planets, both in the Natal and Navamsa, point to life's lessons manifesting in very apparent, forthright, physical ways.  
In the Navamsa, if the time is exact, Michael has Sun (considered somewhat of a malefic in Hindu system) very close to asc and opposed by Mars, Neptune, and Saturn.  
I'm not clear on what part of the brain is ruled by the Moon, but that planet does have a angular forward square from Saturn (backward being the strongest) and is in mutual reception with Mars. Mercury, having to do with the nervous system, is in the 6th house of illness. In the Navamsa it's conjunct Saturn, ruler of the Navamsa 6th.  
The thing that's so unique about MJF is that, unlike with most Parkinson victims, the onset of the disease came early in life. The fact that Mars and Uranus aspect the asc makes me think that some injuries or repeated blows to the head might have brought it on sooner. This is thought to be the case with Muhammad Ali, though I don't have his horoscope here to see if it has similar indications of damage to the head. Anyway, those two planets on an angle indicate a physically active, impulsive, risk taking sort of person, and I'm wondering if his ice hockey playing had something to do with his current problem.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #9 - on: 20.05.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Ana Ruiz

Hello Lois,  
This has no astrological bearing but here goes: He added the 'J' to his name to 'identify' with one of his favorite actors Michael J. Pollard.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #10 - on: 20.05.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Jane Drury

Well, a friend who, unlike myself is no technophobe, and who also has all the requisite software etc. ... cannot (and believe me, he tried) "unzip" ... or whatever it is, the comparison charts offered on the Michael Fox site!  
I would bet we're not the only ones who couldn't access that site!  
Is there a simpler way to do this? A list of names ... birth date / time of day /  location ... lat & long - and ascendant (for those who do charts by hand)?  
Thanks!

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #11 - on: 20.05.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Teresa Hamilton

Just one comment this time. There has been a lot of Vedic or Sidereal commentary on this site, but there are still no Sidereal charts posted. Come on! What are you waiting for?? A simple sign-as-house chart can't be that difficult to post. Why not put the Tropical chart at the beginning of the commentary and a Sidereal one at the end? I feel discriminated against, and I'll bet some other people do to.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #12 - on: 20.05.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Southern Cross

Besides his Uranus-Mars conjunction, Michael J. Fox's twelfth-house Jupiter inconjuncts Pluto and Mercury. As the yod's apex, Jupiter is in exact semi-sextile with first-house Chiron opposing Pluto in Virgo, magnifying portending health problems.  
Briefly analyzing Lois's data, and working with the simplifying assumption that Parkinson's disease was related to the circumstances at the time of death, some interesting astrological facts emerge. Jean Renoir died when Chiron exactly retrograded natal Mars, in opposition to natal eighth-house ruler Uranus. M.F.K. Fisher's natal Chiron opposed her natal eighth-house ruler Jupiter. When she passed on, transiting Chiron and Jupiter formed an exact semi-sextile. Jim Backus's ruler Mars transited inconjunct both his natal twelfth- house Chiron and Saturn/Neptune when he died. A Sun/Chiron conjunction also opposed this Saturn/ Neptune transit. Martha Raye had natal eighth- house ruler Saturn in respective sextile and trine with a natal Mercury-Chiron opposition. When she died (on Oct.19, 1994, I believe is correct), the Sun squared her natal Saturn. Morris Udall had a natal eighth-house Chiron, and died with Uranus opposite his natal Mercury. Still-alive Muhammad Ali has a sixth-house Moon-Mercury conjunction in Aquarius exactly opposite his twelfth-house Chiron.  
We agree with Natori Moore that Uranus-Mercury and Uranus-Mars are associated with the mental and muscular aspects of Parkinson's disease. However, given its numerous appearances, some role must also be found for Chiron. We would do well as astrologers to remember Barbara Hand Clow's view that Chiron has replaced Mercury as the new, true, and sole ruler of Virgo.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #13 - on: 20.05.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Frances Lee Rainbolt

Michael J. Fox is presently experiencing a Stationary Rx Neptune, could this explain his ailment. Neptune will go direct in about 16 months. If he can make it through this period he may survive.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #14 - on: 20.05.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User eduardo

Hi  
On that sample of 17 charts of people and parkinson, it is outstanding to see aspects between Uranus and Mars  
My mother is 70, and she has exact Mars conj Uranus, and she has not Parkinson, and no nervous problems.  
A friend of mine has the conjunction, and she suffers some kind of nervous problems, very difficult, but it is not parkinson.  
That friend of mine, has a similar chart compared to Michael Fox, Pluto and Mars Uranus in 7th house.  
Her problems aroused on 1990 1991, when the moving conj Uranus Neptune touched her Moon,  
And in the case of Fox, Nep and Ur entered 12 house equal, and quincunced his natal Uranus and Mars.  
She is also a Geminis sun, but 1963.  
Now, she is OK, after therapy and psychiatric.  
Too much similarities with my friend, May be Fox has not Parkinson....it sounds weird or absurd, .... may be he should change doctors!!!  
Fox has very tight aspects between mental planets such as mercury, jupiter, and neptune, pluto and chiron. It is very suggesting of something which I can't see at the moment.  
The station of Uranus opposing his URanus mars midpoint, could arouse new points of views about his nervous problems

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #15 - on: 20.05.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Cheryle Cote

What I find most notable about Michael's health condition is that Uranus is at a critical degree with a conjunction to Mars. Uranus rules his ascendant and is connected with tremors or tics. Mars is connected with muscles. I've always found critical degrees involved in charts that had a chronic or life changing health condition.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #16 - on: 07.05.2002 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Noel Eastwood

Michael shows signs of ADHD/ADD in his chart with an emphasis on Air and Fire and Uranus. If he has been on Ritalin or dexamphetamine he may have developed Parkinsons from the medication. Research is showing that these drugs used to treat ADHD/ADD have produced Parkinsons Disease, nasty stuff.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #17 - on: 12.06.2002 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User

Hmmn, I'm not a very experienced astrologer.. but a view I have on aspects is that there is no definitive interpretation. Our charts show our strengths, weaknesses, life lessons, relations.. and many more aspects. However we can choose to flow with or against these tides of experience, we can react, resist, learn, retreat to any of these influences. SO my view; Mars/Uranus conjunction - definitely likely to give a nervousness to the individual, a physical unpredictability perhaps a leaning towards sudden & unusual illnesses or complaints. Throw in an Opposition to N Node in the 1st and there is the possibility that physical restrictions/complaints could somehow interfere with the destiny of the personality formation. This aspect alone is simply that - I find the Chiron in the 1st opposite Pluto far more vulnerable. I'm also of the opinion that Chiron & Virgo are strongly linked - integrally a sense of deep insecurity and fear is indicated here. Neptune is opposite the Moon/Venus giving an attraction towards escapism & since Neptune is ruling Chiron & Uranus ruling the Asc a signature develops which begins to link in on a more overall scale (to me).

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #18 - on: 29.06.2002 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Joyce Luciano

I agree with two comments I read that Michael J. Fox does not have Parkinsons. It would seem he was misdiagnosed and underwent brain surgery which as far as I can see has made his condition worse. But on the whole I do not see him as having Parkinsons and feel it is a condition involving the spine and neck. I see where his BT is 12:15 AM, am wondering if that is the DST correction or is it his BT As DST would give him 28 degrees Cap Rising.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #19 - on: 17.08.2003 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Stephen Baxter

I hope that research with AstroSignatures is a success, but it is often based on such things as elemental balance, house positions and quadrant emphasis. There is nothing more advantageous to accurate, specific interpretation than planetary pictures. Planetary pairs are more specific "messages" than single planets, and planetary pictures, trios, are more specific still. I have seen time, and time again, that if you want specific interpretation, learn the combinations of planets. The more planets combined together at once, the more the chart is trying to express something specific. The houses and signs are a great help as supporting indicators, but they are rarely very specific on their own. _The Combination of Stellar Influences_ by Ebertin is a good place to start.
I am not aware of Parkinson's exactly, but I am familiar with "signatures" of serious illness. Saturn/Neptune aspects and pictures are very common with "serious" illness that is chronic or systemic (non-infectious). It is common with hospitalization, whether the cause is systemic or not. The Sun, Ascendant and Sixth House are also helpful for interpretation. The Twelfth House is very important in cases of hospitalization. Neptune is the planet that has more to say about disease in general than any other. I agree with what Liz Greene says about Neptune in the First House. Mars/Neptune is common with infectious desease.
Nervous troubles will also involve Mercury, Mars/Mercury, Uranus, Mars/Uranus, Neptune/Uranus and Saturn/Uranus.
Many planetary pairs show tendencies to specific ailments, especially pairs where the Sun is involved. For instance, Sun/Mars aspects often coincide with a Type-A personality and heart disease.
Besides Neptune, Saturn or Mars with any of the health-specific indicators can bring ailment at one intensity or another. That would be Sun, Ascendant, Sixth and Twelfth. In planetary pictures, Mars is often an emphasizer or energizer that makes the interpretation of any pair more emphatic.
In Fox's chart, Sun oppose the midpoint of Saturn/Neptune is the most powerful indication for "serious illness". Mars/Uranus oppose Ascendant suggests nervous troubles. Saturn in Twelfth oppose the Mercury/Mars midpoint could be nervous ailment. Saturn in the Twelfth squares the Mars/Neptune midpoint (another "illness" midpoint). Jupiter on Ascendant trine Sun tends to promote good health and vitality though. I do not have a clue why this "aging" disease struck him so young unless the Mars/Ascendant connection is a "hasty" or "precocious" connection. Saturn/Neptune (and Neptune in general) can indicate any affliction, even mental ones, that require treatment or hospitalization. Any aspect to the Sun should be considered carefully with regard to general health.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

Copyright © 2014 Astrodienst AG  - report a problem