Welcome as a guest in the Astrodienst forum. You can login to your Astro profile or register as a forum member.You can also remain in the guest status and navigate through this forum as a reader. 22.10.2014 at 10:34 [UT+1]

Forum Rules Home Help Search  
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Astro-Databank: Prince (Read 627 times)
Astro-Databank
Global Moderator
Astrodienst Staff
Adb editor

Astro-Databank: Prince
« on: 17.06.2007 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

Discussion about
Prince, born 7 June 1958 at 6:17 PM in Minneapolis MN

This discussion is imported from the  comment board on the  previous astrodatabank.com website.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

re: Prince
« Reply #1 - on: 17.06.2007 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User karlenef

A fitting chart for an amazing artist.

IP Logged
Ceto*

Re: Astro-Databank: Prince
« Reply #2 - on: 18.04.2009 at 08:13 [UT+1] »

Sidereal, AA rating.

Pluto in theatrical Leo on the MC, how can one aspect be so overriding in it's importance? Pluto does not like the limelight, to be exposed, but his is in Leo and opposite the Aquarius Moon he finds the masks, costumes, the play, emotionally empowering, vital to his communication style (they are square Mercury).

There is so much going on in this chart, Neptune conjunct NLunar Node opposition Venus square Uranus, these 3 and the trines they make to the other planets, seem to be involved with his creativity. NeptuneLunar Node, shows an abundance of appeal in the "glamour"(magic) style for his art (Libra).

Very confused about SunJupiterSaturn, such strong planets, so weakly placed.

astro_2at_81_prince_adb.24531.14113.gif
  IP Logged
SeaGoat72
Ex Member

« Reply #3 - on: 18.04.2009 at 10:47 [UT+1] »

The tropical chart makes more sense to me personally: Scorpio rising, Venus in domicile in Taurus (voice), chart ruler AriesMars in the 5th - he is a good dancer and enjoys theatricality, GeminiSunoppositionSaturn - he is rather short.

prince.jpg
  IP Logged
Ceto*

« Reply #4 - on: 18.04.2009 at 11:32 [UT+1] »

Wouldn't Mars in Aries as chart ruler make him much clearer about his appearance, masculine with no makeup and heels? The Venus as chart ruler in Aries square Uranus creates the eccentric, gender bender, confident and original look. Mars in Pisces are supposed to be good dances. Uranus and Chiron square asc could also say something about his height.

SunMercury in Taurus for voice, his is not fantastic but it is complimentary to his whole image.

Pluto on the MC problems with authority not wanting to be owned and dictated to.

IP Logged
Neptune's Storm
Ex Member

« Reply #5 - on: 18.04.2009 at 18:29 [UT+1] »

Quote from Cygnet on 18.04.2009 at 11:32 [UT+1]:
Wouldn't Mars in Aries as chart ruler make him much clearer about his appearance, masculine with no makeup and heels? The Venus as chart ruler in Aries square Uranus creates the eccentric, gender bender, confident and original look. Mars in Pisces are supposed to be good dances. Uranus and Chiron square asc could also say something about his height.

SunMercury in Taurus for voice, his is not fantastic but it is complimentary to his whole image.

Pluto on the MC problems with authority not wanting to be owned and dictated to.

Yeah, I can definitely relate to his sidereal chart, especially his Moon in Aquarius and his "out-there" style.  Using a squiggly sign as your name?  It doesen't get more Aqaurian than that!  His sidereal chart is heavily emphasized towards Venus (ruling both Sun and ascendant) which would allude to his career in the arts, also that many of his songs are about style and beauty: "She wore a raspberry beret", "The beautiful ones" etc.

IP Logged
gemini7

Re: Prince
« Reply #6 - on: 08.05.2009 at 03:41 [UT+1] »

Quote from Adb web user on 17.06.2007 at 13:30 [UT+1]:
reply by Astrodatabank Web User karlenef

A fitting chart for an amazing artist.

A fitting chart indeed karlenef. Prince is my all time favorite musician. I've been a die hard fan for 27 years, seen him in concert a dozen times and met him once. There's a lot going on inside of him and his chart reflects it. More about that later.  

Link to last month's PBS interview...

http://www.pbs.org/kcet/tavissmiley/archive/200904/20090428.html

IP Logged
Cinderella25

« Reply #7 - on: 10.05.2009 at 06:04 [UT+1] »

I think the most amazing thing about his chart is that Pluto and the MC both conjunct the fixed star Regulus.  Regulus is known as the Royal Star.  For a guy in America, a place that claims no royalty, named "Prince" (after his father) is pretty amazing.  I don't have his father's chart, but they certainly do call Prince, himself, "His Royal Badness".  I do love a universal coincidence.  It's almost as if his parents had no choice but to name him "Prince" or "King" or something like that.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

As one of the largest astrology portals WWW.ASTRO.COM offers a lot of free features on the subject. With high-quality horoscope interpretations by the world's leading astrologers Liz Greene, Robert Hand and other authors, many free horoscopes and extensive information on astrology for beginners and professionals, www.astro.com is the first address for astrology on the web.
Homepage - Free Horoscopes - Astrodienst Onlineshop - Astrology Knowledge - Ephemeris - Authors and Staff - My Astro - Direct Atlas query - Sitemap - FAQ - Forum - Contact Astrodienst