Uranus12Aries47'34"r4n25
    Neptune4Pisces50'42"10s25
    Pluto12Capricorn4'29"20s40
    TrueNode18Libra5'18"r7s06
    Chiron13Pisces6'30"2s12
    Explanations of the symbols
    Chart of the moment
| My Astro | Forum | FAQ
Welcome as a guest in the Astrodienst forum. You can login to your Astro profile or register as a forum member.You can also remain in the guest status and navigate through this forum as a reader. 28.11.2014 at 22:38 [UT]

Forum Rules Home Help Search  
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Astro-Databank: Rush Limbaugh (Read 294 times)
Astro-Databank
Global Moderator
Astrodienst Staff
Adb editor

Astro-Databank: Rush Limbaugh
« on: 06.05.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

Discussion about
Rush Limbaugh, born 12 January 1951 at 07:50 AM in Cape Girardeau MO

This discussion is imported from the  comment board on the  previous astrodatabank.com website.

Limbaugh has some very significant planet shifts between house systems. <table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="95%"> <tr> <td width="16%"></td> <td width="16%" align="center">Equal</td> <td width="17%" align="center">Placidus</td> <td width="17%" align="center">Koch</td> <td width="17%" align="center">Porphyry</td> <td width="17%" align="center">Regiomontanus</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="16%">Neptune</td> <td width="16%" align="center">9</td> <td width="17%" align="center">8</td> <td width="17%" align="center">9</td> <td width="17%" align="center">9</td> <td width="17%" align="center">8</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="16%">Saturn</td> <td width="16%" align="center">9</td> <td width="17%" align="center">8</td> <td width="17%" align="center">8</td> <td width="17%" align="center">8</td> <td width="17%" align="center">8</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="16%">Jupiter</td> <td width="16%" align="center">2</td> <td width="17%" align="center">1</td> <td width="17%" align="center">2</td> <td width="17%" align="center">1</td> <td width="17%" align="center">1</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="16%">Mercury</td> <td width="16%" align="center">12</td> <td width="17%" align="center">11</td> <td width="17%" align="center">11</td> <td width="17%" align="center">11</td> <td width="17%" align="center">11</td> </tr> </table>  
So make your case for your house system of choice. Here are some things to consider in your arguments:
  • Trouble with factual accuracy  
  • Supremely popular for controversial communication  
  • Right wing politics  
  • No serious opposition allowed on his show  
  • Nervous hands

« Last Edit: 25.03.2009 at 15:03 [UT] by Forum Admin »  
  IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

re: Rush Limbaugh
« Reply #1 - on: 21.05.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Frances Lee Rainbolt

"Trouble with factual accuracy" : Retrograde Mercury square Libra Saturn.  
"Supremely popular for controversial communication" : Natal Jupiter 6'Pi57 is in an applying trine to what I consider the US MC (Wrote a book about the Adoption of the Declaration) at 8'Sc03" July 4, 1776, 7:28:29 PM LMT Founder's Hall coordinates exactly; 75W08 42". 39N56 54 (from Mapblast.com)  
"Right wing politics" : see answer to Q #1  
"No serious opposition allowed on his show",: No oppositions within 1 degree of Major Bodies.  
"Nervous Hands" : Mercury semisquare the East Point. Mercury quintile Neptune.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #2 - on: 20.05.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Linda Reid

I have tried many 'systems' over the years. The main point that seems to often be missed in such debate is that the Angles will always be the same regardless of 'system'. Only the intermediate cusps are different. The variation is rarely more than 5 degrees. A solution to this is, if a planet is within 5 degrees of a cusp view it (as did Wm Lilly) as effective in the following house. Having said that - I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that 'intermediate house cusps' are pretty powerless. Transits etc to the Angles generally have some impact, but transits across intermediate cusps rarely have any. If they do, it is more likely that there are planets at the same degree being aspected. I am postulating, in general terms, the value of quadrants with the 'meaning' of houses within that quadrant as 'graduating or shading' throughout the quadrant. In the example you use, with anomalies for Saturn and Neptune, if we see those planets as within the South West quadrant (that concerned with other people and social alliances and conditions in the community) then both planets lie in the 'shaded' area concerned with other peoples' (communal) resources and dissemination of information to the community. Hence Mr Limbaugh expresses these planets most clearly in that quadrant, not specifically in the houses where the boundaries are blurred. He takes 'control or authority' in regard to the actual information, and presumably creates glamour around the 'truth' of the information as he disseminates it, is shown, not necessarily by the 'houses' but by the graduating process of shifting from one angle (7th) to the next (10th). House cusps are not walls and by taking a flexible stance of 'where' the Intermediate cusps lie, either by applying a sort of 'orb' to embody all the systems, or applying the 5 degree traditional 'rule' well known to those who have followed Lilly, or by simply seeing the Intermediate cusps as 'grey areas', of graduating from one potent 'meaning' to another, one can get around the differences. The Angles are important. The intermediate houses are illustrative of succedence or cadence. Where succedence shifts to cadence is a process, not a marked point. There is no quantum leap from one point to another, changing the meaning of that planet. Using the allegory of a flower in full blossom in the succedent stage, it does not 'suddenly' die and distribute its seeds as it reaches the point of cadence. The process occurs gradually, seeds develop towards the end of its life. So it is with intermediate cusps. Mr. Limbaugh seems to illustrate this as he obtains his information and sows seeds in a Saturian/Neptunian way. Illusion with authority? Subtle manipulation of the facts? All in the name of community interface (south west quadrant) So - in answer to your challenge - I don't espouse any one 'system' as better or worse than another - I do espouse understanding of the intermediate houses, hemispheres and quadrants. My opinion therefore is - it doesn't matter which house system you use so long as you don't view intermediate cusps as brick walls!

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #3 - on: 19.05.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Teresa Hamilton

There is another house system you didn't mention, and that is the Indian Equal house (IEH) system that puts the equal cusps at the centers of the houses. We get several interesting planet-in-house changes here. The Sun is the symbol of that big ego Limbaugh has, and with this house system the Sun is in the first. That makes a lot of sense. The Sun in the first house places the focus on oneself. Other people just aren't there. (This is the IEH house system; I can't speak for the others.) A strong Sun will draw many admirers, however.  
Also Venus is conjunct the ascendant. As the planet of the "other," this can promote self-love too. Venus symbolizes harmony and it doesn't like controversy. So you get the combination of a strong ego (Sun) and an unwillingness to face differences that you don't agree with. No fighting allowed! In the navamsa chart Pisces is the ascendant, and its lord Jupiter is with Uranus and Pluto. No one is going to get through that kind of wall. Rush Limbaugh will always march to his own drummer.  
The 2nd house is the house of speech since it represents the throat and neck. With IEH houses not only Jupiter, but also Mars is in the 2nd. The 2nd house is always prominent in some way for singers, talk show hosts, and anyone who uses the voice a lot. Rush also has Mercury in the IEH 12th, where there isn't a lot of control, but there IS a lot of energy expended by planets there. Mercury is opposed by Uranus. Rush's non-conformist speech and opinions will rile many people, but those who like controversial communication will love him.  
Nervous hands: Another IEH house change is that the serpent like Rahu (Moon's North Node) moves to the 3rd (Gemini - hands and arms). It sits there in conjunction with the Moon, which is just 20 minutes into mutable (Sidereal) Pisces. The 3rd house Moon is the focus of a mutable grand cross: Saturn in Virgo opposes the Moon, and Mercury in Sag plus Uranus in Gemini are in square aspect. Lots of jittery nervousness I'd say. This can't be very stable for the emotions and mind (both ruled by the Moon in Jyotish).  
Trouble being truthful? Mercury represents logic and truth. In the navamsa chart, Mercury is with the Moon's nodes. I've observed that Mercury connected with the nodes seems to make the mind see things in a unique way, seeing untruth as truth in the eyes of others, for example. Rahu with the Moon is also going to make the person see truth or facts in a unique way.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #4 - on: 18.05.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Kevin Bold

When I first began studying celebrity charts, I was fascinated by Rush's Sun Inconjunct Pluto, which he shares with Howard Stern (also b. Jan 12, but in 1954, in Jackson Heights, NY, 1:15PM). But, unlike Stern, Limbaugh has an angular Venus, making him the less abrasive of the two.  
Rush has three T-Squares: Moon-Chiron-South Node, Mercury-Saturn-Uranus, and Mars-Midheaven-Pluto. Emotions, communication, aggression, authority, and transformation are just a few of the directions in which Limbaugh's planets pull him.  
Rush Limbaugh's "problem with facts" is in the mind of the beholder. Everybody makes mistakes, and every commentator has biases, so why jump on Limbaugh as if he were an aberration? Many of his "lies" turn out to be typos or differences of opinion with the person calling him a "liar." And some criticisms of Limbaugh are patently unfair.  
For example, get a copy of _The Way Things Aren't_ and take FAIR's first alleged "error," that Limbaugh is "lying" when he says he doesn't like to talk about himself. He's kidding when he says it, and his fans and anyone else who ever watched his TV show (this includes FAIR) knows it.  
Imagine you're in a restaurant with some friends, and one of them starts telling a joke about Jesus, Muhammad, and Buddha walking into a bar. Suddenly someone at the next table turns around and interrupts him, saying, "Sir, Jesus, Muhammad, and Buddha lived in different centuries, and therefore couldn't have known each other. Furthermore, they were very ethical men, and wouldn't have walked into a bar even if they had known each other. You, sir, are not only ignorant, you are a LIAR!"  
The sort of person who would do something like that is the sort of person who works for FAIR. Such is the value of their thinly-veiled character assassination attempt which they've palmed off as an "objective, dispassionate critique" of Limbaugh. Anyone who reads _The Way Things Aren't_ who has also studied propaganda techniques will see FAIR's work for what it really is. Perhaps we should get Jeff Cohen's birth data and see why he has a neurotic need to call anyone who disagrees with him a "liar."

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #5 - on: 17.05.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Kevin Bold

Added 5/22: Having already addressed Rush's chart, I'll pass on commenting further on FAIR's unfairness. Instead, I'd like to make a comment on the house systems. Why no mention of my favorite, the Campanus system. If I were to design a house system of my own, I would use the same approach: divide the Prime Vertical (an imaginary great circle that runs from due east to due west, perpendicular to the local meridian) into twelve sections. Each of these sections in turn has a North-South great circle running through it. Where they intersect the ecliptic determines the house cusps.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #6 - on: 17.05.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Antoinette W. Vawter

None of the House System read-outs offends my sense of who Rush is or fails to support the listed characteristics but the Koch seems to best fit and to explain some added observations. Both "trouble with factual accuracy" and controversial communication are derivable from the Mercury-Uranus opposition & Mercury-Saturn square, which the Mercury-Jupiter sextile does nothing to mitigate, although with diligent research, it could. Nevertheless, his approach and method in dealing with information & interpretation seem to me H.11 scientific rather than H. 12 intuitional. His interests are with the body politic Eleventh rather than the unfortunates of the Twelfth. Mercury in H.12 has a deep understanding of everyone but himself & I don't find that in Rush Limbaugh. Uranus afflicting Mercury accounts for the nervy but emphatic hands. The fateful nonagon from Mercury to the H. 3 ruler, Mars, is interesting too in light of his history, wherein broadcasting seemed to draw him ineluctably.  
I call Aquarius rising natives 'The Broadcaster' because they announce to any willing ear whatever information has impinged on their consciousness, adding a varnish of personal opinion. The immense popularity Rush enjoys in his field, I attribute to risen Sun-M.C., Moon conjunct her own node, Moon-Sun harmony and rising Venus, to enhance the broadcast in people-context Aquarius. Solar rulership of his public, H. 7, augments the importance of Sun sextile M.C. People are certainly plugged into his terminal.  
We have to have a planet in H. 9, to interrupt his academic education, otherwise Saturn ruling that House in trine with Venus who completes, would grant him a full course of studies & subsequent degree. Neptune in Koch H. 9 square his Sun does a vanishing act, drops out without packing. Saturn in Koch H.8 reflects the market losses that led to the early firings in radio, square Uranus on the job Cusp. If you feel Rush discounts & devalues what others have to offer, Saturn in H. 8 fits that tendency too.  
Conservative politics are his choice with establishment Jupiter trine his ruler, Uranus and sextile his Capricorn Mercury. Sun Capricorns respect and conserve what is of value from the past and are often oriented toward law & order. Rising Mars opposite Pluto The Regulator, who is allied with welfare Neptune, directs his attacks at what is alien to the Conservative philosophy. The presence of guests on the program was given a dry run or two, since Pluto in H. 7 investigates sharing but finds it too complicated; opposite Mars, a guest would crowd and rush the balance of the program material, and agitate the host.  
I also like the Koch Uranus placement, riding the Sixth House of Habits for erratic dietary (Cancer) zig zags. Rush is the perfect name for one with a rising Mars opposite drastic Pluto, don't you think?

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #7 - on: 15.05.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Randall Collins

How about NO house system? I always find the planetary containment analysis gives an accurate thumbnail sketch of the personality in the chart. Perhaps you will find it of interest also.  
Planetary Containment Analysis Prepared by Randall Collins Interpretations based on Planetary Containments by Sandbach & [was_link]Ballard randall@astromindmagazine.com[/was_link] Word Count=1220  
Rush Limbaugh 1-12-51 7:50am CST Cape Girardeau, MO Rodden Rating: AA Source: Quoted BC/BR  
Me-Su-Ve This containment is one of six others found with great frequency. The other five "frequent containments" involve the same three planets. This means that the information yielded by this particular containment is more general than most, since a large proportion of people have it in their charts. Metaphysically, these individuals have decided to evolve swiftly in this lifetime, but need to learn how to take things easily. In other words, they must avoid becoming drained by their own sense of urgency. They have many ideas, but may be a poor judge of their relative worth, so they need to become more aware of which ideas have the greatest personal value for themselves. + Evaluative thinking leads to a sense of self-worth. - An easily satisfied mind establishes a superficial balance.  
Su-Asc-Ve Rush may be overly sensitive in regard to his personality, and particularly concerned with how other people perceive him. His self-doubts and feelings of personal limitation may make him unduly cautious in approaching new experiences, and at times this behavior may be seen by others as based in laziness or self-indulgence. Rush has a need to be appreciated and found attractive by others, and yet it may be difficult for him to accept it when it is given. Rush must first learn to accept himself. + The personality is projected aesthetically and congenially, and yet maintains a sense of practicality and orderliness. - Self-doubts and cautiousness make the personality overly passive or even self-indulgent.  
Su-Ve-Ma With this containment, Rush exhibits a strong and centered sense of personal values which is moving toward a dynamic and constructive outer expression, making him appear dictatorial and officious at times. In the right circumstances others will love him for his depth and sincerity and ability to shed light on the true importance of life. His flair for taking action from this basis can help to build a world of beauty. + A purposeful sense of values is expressed dynamically and constructively. - Selfish laziness becomes self-destructive.  
Ve-Ma-Ju Rush takes an aesthetic approach to his activities, and is able to maintain an overview of his projects. He is most effective in his work when he can act in a leisurely and relaxed atmosphere. In apparent contradiction to this, however, he may tend to take on many projects and try to accomplish a great deal at once. Rush seems to want to do things in a big way, but may often start something and then gets sidetracked into a self-indulgent pattern. + Balanced activity provides a constant attention to an overall perception of projects. - Leisurely approach to action and the undertaking of too many projects can lead to procrastination and self-indulgence.  
Ma-Ju-Mo Rush trusts his ability to act and to be persistent and assertive. He takes initiative in situations easily, but he needs to allow himself to follow the dictates of his immediate feelings when he does this, and to flow with his responses of the moment. He is increasing his capacity, in this lifetime, to allow impulses to rush forth from themselves on the spot, without having to stop and analyze or think about them. + Easy initiative nurtures the growth of projects and people. - Excessive aggression manifests through the emotions.  
Ju-Mo-Ur Rush's impressions are expansive and varied. Rather than being overwhelmed by emotions, he needs to attain complete freedom from them. By letting his natural enthusiasm manifest in a forthright manner, he can accomplish this. Rush yearns for a rich liveliness within and around himself. He will find it when he allows himself to function as a completely liberated, uninhibited spirit. In this lifetime, he desires social contact, yet, needs freedom from social restrictions. + Emotional exuberance gives the person a sense of freedom. - Excessive emotionalism cuts the individual off from relating effectively.  
Mo-Ur-Pl Rush has abruptly shifting moods. His inner freedom depends on how he handles his moodiness and his erratic and unpredictable feeling nature. If he attempts to free himself from his emotions by denying them, he will always be a slave to them.
[continued in next posting]

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #8 - on: 15.05.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

[continued from posting above:] by Randall Collins
On the other hand, if he learns to follow their current and rides his emotions through without attempting to dissociate from them, he will be able to purge himself of negative subconscious elements and live a life of constant renewal. + Emotional freedom aids the individuals in creating transformations in their lives. - Emotional upset has catastrophic effects.  
Ur-Pl-Sa The obsession here, for freedom and independence, finds its fulfillment through dealing intensively with limitations and practicalities. Rush will never be truly free until he copes directly with the restrictions under which life places him. He needs to find a means of ordering, defining and structuring the insights that come to him, and he needs to do so without squeezing the life out of those inspirations. This is a difficult challenge that requires immense concentration, but the effort put forth can lead him to ultimate fulfillment. + Uncompromising individuality is faithfully adhered to and aids the individuals in dealing with practicalities and necessities. - Obsessions, which are not kept in check, create limitations in the long run.  
Pl-Sa-Ne Rush experiences intense feelings of personal limitations that overwhelm him at times and causes him confusion. He may try to escape through fantasy. He puts considerable emphasis on maintaining control in situations, and yet, this is often undermined by vague fears and nebulous self-doubts. Rush possess an inherent sense of order, and can create structure for situations which are highly imaginative. He must learn to release and permit his natural intensity to lead him toward the achievement of his ideals. + Power released through structure leads to the accomplishment of high-minded ideals. - Intense self-questioning thwarts practical development and is sublimated through fantasy.  
Sa-Ne-Me Rush experiences a heightened sensitivity to the unconscious emotional vibrations of those around him, and may tend to respond to these rather than to the outer manifestations of situations. At times, he may seem mentally or emotionally scattered and inconsistent in his behavior. He must learn to clearly communicate to others his impressions within situations. He often limits his ideals to practical, realistic factors but should try to be flexible and adaptable or he will find this approach restrictive. + An objective examination of intuitions leads to a clarity of thinking. - Heightened sensitivity produces personal inconsistencies and a scattering of energy.  
Ne-MC-Me At best, his career should involve the communication of the products of his imagination. At worst, his notions about society and his vocation are vague and impractical, and this could cause him to jump from one thing to another in an attempt to remedy this problem. At best, he feels a commitment to humankind as a whole, and by exchanging ideas, stimulating the minds of others and helping information to circulate he actualizes this commitment. His compassion expresses itself in mediation efforts that can have a healing effect. In this lies his highest potential. + A commitment to social and career concerns manifests in a resourceful and ingenious manner. - A cloudy and indefinite approach to career and social concerns manifests through a quixotic and unstable application of self.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #9 - on: 14.05.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Pat MacManus

Though I am not particularly a fan of Limbaugh, I am familiar enough with him and his biography to note the inaccuracies and bias in your biography. It is interesting that until now I simply assumed (I don't know why) that your information was accurate and your reporting unbiased. Sadly, now I know this is not true. I suppose even those who hold themselves up as researchers are human and will sacrifice truth and objectivity and even their credibility when it suits their political agenda. Or were you just being "an entertainer"?  
I am disappointed.

IP Logged
Astro-Databank
Global Moderator
Astrodienst Staff
Adb editor

« Reply #10 - on: 14.05.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astro-Databank staff member
I am very disappointed that you are disappointed by our reportage. It is true that I have spent very little time listening to Rush Limbaugh. Did you look at the web site link that I included? It had FAIR accusations and Limbaugh's responses. I was more satisfied with their presentation.  
In fact, presentation is what makes my veracity meter go tilt around Rush. In the few times I've heard him, he's had a smug, self-satisfied satirical presentation that for me just isn't consistent with the plain truth. He certainly is no Jimmy Carter or Abe Lincoln. Though it is true that I have not studied Limbaugh's claims in sufficient depth to pass on his veracity, we have provided links for people to make up their own minds.  
Mark McDonough, President, AstroDatabank Company

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #11 - on: 12.05.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Joan Edwards

I have followed Rush Limbaugh's work and career for the past 11 years. Rush is an extremely talented propagandist. He is able to make a case for evil and make it sound like good. He is very good at parody and mockery which appeals to many people. Many people - especially right-wingers - are bigots at heart and are frustrated with the so-called political correctness. They love his imitations of Jesse Jackson, Barney Frank, Clinton, and on and on. They love the spin - femi-nazis, the slogans. It's human nature which Limbaugh exploits.  
I believe the Rush phenomena was an accident. He is a born practical joker and he has said he always wanted to be an adult - admired adults when he was a child and hung around with adults - did not play with other children. Rush has always struck me as insecure. He seems to be afraid of other men - even other women. His career came about through his support of right-wing causes, and sensing that he was being accepted as an "adult" at last, began to embellish his satiric skills and which, by going over the line of decency, made him a hero to the media bosses who push the corporate right-wing philosophy. Voting for the wealthy and corporate interests is a hard sell. Limbaugh is a sell-out to big business and the war machine. He sold America on the Gulf War. He is the greatest asset of corporate America and he is on the radio relentlessly. If he were telling the truth, he wouldn't be on the radio. But I'll bet no person, not even a CEO of big business whose interests he pushes daily would have him as a friend. Even they have no respect for him. Astrologically, Capricorn Sun, Mercury = older and conservative. Mars & Venus in Aquarius = cool and calculating, aloof, devoid of compassion, and very inventive and unconventional. Moon in Pisces gives him that great martyr image. He is always the victim - making the victimized public identify with him.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #12 - on: 11.05.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User

Mark,  
I've been complaining about this guy, Limbaugh ever since he came on talk radio in Chicago, station WLS - 3 hours every day = 15 hours of PROPAGANDA per week for 11 years this August.  
Thanks for the chart and the explanation of why you are using the equal house system. It had me puzzled. Actually, who ever talks about a transit to their 2nd house cusp, for example.  
FAIR when it began did not go after Limbaugh. It is only recently that they have been publicly remarking about him boldly.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #13 - on: 10.05.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User David Hawthorne

ASTROLOGER PREDICTS DATE OF HEART ATTACK FOR RUSH LIMBAUGH...  
Using the Systems' Approach to Vedic Astrology and the Sidereal Zodiac, we see the following for Rush Limbaugh:  
Rush Limbaugh has a Capricorn rising sign of 07:46 degrees. It is the exalted Mars in the first house, ruling courage, executive capability, and the fourth house of fixed assets that gives him his edge.  
The well placed Venus in the first house, ruling the tenth house of career, gives him the comforts in life.  
Rahu, ruling ambition and intoxication, is placed in the second house of speech and wealth. What goes in and comes out of his mouth can be poisonous.  
Jupiter, the significator for advisory role, ruling the twelfth house of loss, is placed in the second house of status in life.  
Moon, ruling the seventh house of partners, marriage - along with being the significator of comprehension and the ability to emotionally connect with others - is extremely weak at 00:14 degrees. Thus, difficulties in marriage and relationships.  
Saturn, ruling the second house, is well placed in the ninth house, and blesses the native with status, good fortune, income from the masses, accomplishments through self efforts, and the ability to overcome enemies.  
The real problem for Rush Limbaugh is the Sun. The Sun in his chart is weak in old age at 28:22 degrees. It is also badly placed in the twelfth house of loss, and is closely afflicted by the south node of the Moon, Ketu, within one degree.  
The Ketu influence will give him heart problems, while the twelfth house placement will give loss of heart (heart failure), and/or hospitalization.  
The next window for heart problems comes during the operating period of the sub period lord, the Sun, which runs from January 2001 until January 2002.  
The exact date of the problem is relative to the transits.  
In my opinion the probable dates of affliction to the heart include January 5, March 11, March 29, June 27, and September 13, 2001.  
Of these dates, September 13th is the strongest candidate.  
This prediction is made on May 8, 2001, by David Hawthorne, Secretary General of the International Institute of Predictive Astrology (IIPA).  
My warmest regards to other subscribers, and my deepest appreciation to Lois Rodden's AstroDatabank.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #14 - on: 09.05.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Michael Bradford

The primary influence in Rush Limbaugh's Vedic / sidereal chart is the Venus / Mars association (conjunction) in his 1st house. Both planets are very strong as Venus is in the sign of a great friend, and Mars is exalted. Venus as lord of the 10th house of career in the 1st means that his career is a consequence of who he is. Venus and Mars are both very much self- centered in their basic nature, and Venus has a tendency to be somewhat narcissistic. Combined with the fact that his 1st lord is Saturn, who is not known for friendliness towards others, it is therefore not surprising that he refuses to share the limelight with anyone else.  
Venus is in the lunar mansion of Shravana. The root meaning of this name is 'Shruti' which denotes verbal communication in all its forms. This mansion is also central to the chart of Oprah Winfrey who has Venus, lord of the 3rd house of communication and 10th house of career, the Sun, lord of the 1st house of basic person, and Mercury, the planet of communication, in this asterism. In RL's chart, exalted Mars, who in general is not well-known for self-control, is in the lunar mansion of Dhanishtha which has a tendency (especially in men) of difficulty in controlling aggressive impulses towards others. This crucial Mars placement in RL's 1st house indicates both his reputation as a 'loose canon' when it comes to his opinions about others, and his lack of concern with factual accuracy.  
RL's ascendant is in the lunar mansion of Uttar Ashada which has as one of its primary characteristics the tendency to be admired and respected by others for their opinions and advice - hence his immense popularity. Its symbol is an elephant's tusk and denotes an ability to 'penetrate' (i.e. skewer the reputation of others). Venus and Mars both aspect the 7th house of 'others' with their combined energy, showing the powerful influence his opinions have on the public.  
His right wing politics is indicated by the combined influence of 1st lord Saturn, who has a general tendency to be 'rigid', and the rather extreme Mars who sits in Saturn's sign in the 1st house. This influence is supported by the placement of the Moon in the 3rd house of communication in the lunar mansion of Purva Bhadrapada, which is noted for a fascination for the dark side (i.e. politics).  
His vocal popularity is augmented by the placement of Jupiter (a planet of counseling and oratory) and ambitious Rahu (the North Node of the Moon) in the 2nd house, which rules the voice and oral teaching in Vedic astrology. The second house also rules the appetite, and expansive Jupiter inflated by insatiable Rahu, combined with the effect of powerful Mars (physical desires) in the 1st house of the physical body, indicate the problems he has with excessive overweight.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #15 - on: 08.05.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Elmo Barnes

Hi Everybody: Concerning the house system. I guess it's just a matter of personal particulars as to what system one would choose to interpret a chart. I think that all of us have tried to explain a certain quirk in a particular chart, and maybe we found that answer by changing to Placidus from Koch or whatever. The trouble that I have with all the various house systems is consistency. Can we really be sure that astrology is valid all the time, if we can't be sure that the system that we use can answer the questions of tomorrow as it did today? I have come to rely on the Babylonian flat wheel as used in Magi astrology, which somewhat resembles the equal house system, less the calculated points. This works very well for my studies, and it is always consistent. As for Rush, the Venus/Pluto opp. gives him a love (Venus) of power (Pluto). His Sun trine Saturn tends to indicate a strong willed and immovable person.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #16 - on: 07.05.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Dorothy J. Kovach

Without hesitation, when using tropical zodiac, I use the Regiomontanus House system. Frankly, if it is good enough for both the extraordinary Michel deNostradamus and William Lilly, then it is certainly good enough for me! Regiomontanus was the house system of the ancients. Therefore, I believe that it is important to understand how to use the Regiomontanus house system in the same manner as the ancients did. With all due respect, I am afraid your example does not do so. You say that Regiomontanus places Mercury in the 11th and Neptune in the 8th in Limbaugh's chart. However, even though not quite inside these houses, William Lilly and the forefathers of western astrology (amongst them Albiruni, Bonatti, and Nostradamus) would have followed Ptolemy's lead and considered any planet that was within 5 degrees of the cusp of the following house to be already within the that house. There is good logic to this point of view, since the planet would then actually apply to the next house cusp. Looking, at Mr. Limbaugh's chart from this traditional western perspective, Mercury then, is only one degree shy of the 12th cusp, and would be considered to be in the 12th house, rather than the 11th, while Neptune, at 19 Libra, would be considered in the 9th house since it is just 5 degrees from that cusp at 24Libra. Further you will notice that Regiomontanus and Placidus rarely ever diverge very much from one another.  
When I use the sidereal sky, I use the traditional house system of the east. That is, placing the planets in the actual constellation that they are in the heavens above (found by subtracting approximately 23 degrees back from their tropical positions). In Jyotish, the Ascendant degree is noted, but, all house cusps are placed at 0 degrees, the planets are then placed in these houses. I like to look at a chart from both perspectives, but separately. To the best of my knowledge, there is no controversy in the eastern system regarding the 0 house cusp system, the greatest controversy there, is the anyanamsa - but that is another story. Quote:

Mark wrote: So here's this week's challenge - make your case for your house system of choice. Here are some things to consider in your arguments:

Surely, you do not expect us to argue for one system over another simply on the basis of the workings of one lonely chart. However, if I must argue in this unscientific manner, then my argument for using Regiomontanus houses systems in my western work can be made in two names -Michel de Nostradamus and William Lilly. Quote:

1. Trouble with factual accuracy

Mr. Limbaugh tropically has Mercury right on the cusp of the 12th house, a tendency to be dim on the facts. Further, Jupiter in his first house will tend to make him exaggerate things and blow things out of proportion. From a eastern perspective, Mercury is still in the 12th house, but is now debilitated in Sagittarius.  
In eastern astrology, the second house is the ruler of that which comes out of our mouths. The rhetoric of Mr. Limbaugh is icy with reference to the plight of the downtrodden. No surprise then, that his words are as such, given Capricorn on his eastern 2nd, and Jupiter therein, vargottoma. Mr. Limbaugh spreads the conservative word with a zeal that is usually reserved for televangelists. He greatly exaggerates the faults of the liberals while the virtues of conservative thinking is proselytized to the converted, known as 'ditto heads'. It is no surprise, then that this conservative demi- god, would have Saturn, his ruling planet in the 9th house. Quote:

2. Supremely popular for controversial communication

For the love of battle, from a tropical perspective, you can't beat Mars in the first house surrounded on one side by Venus (love of fight) and Jupiter on the other (a big controversy, luck in battle) and that Mars in opposition to Pluto in the 7th, need I say more... Eastern perspective, Mars is still in the first house, only now, even stronger, in the sign of it's exaltation Capricorn, and receiving the aspect of Venus, does this guy love a fight or what? His weapon of choice is words, this is indicated by Mercury in Sagittarius directly aspecting the house of enemies. Quote:

3. Right wing politics

From either eastern or western perspective, Mr. Limbaugh is ruled by Saturn, which would certainly be connected to a conservative inclination. From the tropical perspective, this is just another in a long series of examples of Aquarius being ruled not by zany and wild Uranus, but instead, still being ruled by the same planet it was for an eternity, Saturn. Quote:

4. No serious opposition allowed on his show

More Saturn rulership.
[continued in next posting]

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #17 - on: 07.05.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

[continued from posting above:] by Dorothy J. Kovach
However, from an eastern perspective, the 6th house ruler and tenants, not the 7th is the house representing our enemies and those who oppose us. In Limbaugh's chart, with Gemini on the cusp of the 6th, Mercury will rule those who oppose Limbaugh, and they are debilitated because Mercury is in Sagittarius, in the darkened or obscure 12th - this is why he won't give his enemies any voice. However, since the navamsa chart represents the fruits of one's tree, so to speak, Limbaugh's liberal thinking enemies will eventually win, because in Limbaugh's navamsa chart, Mercury is in it's own sign of Gemini and placed in the 6th. I think that this is already being seen, as the economy has gotten better during the Clinton presidency, Limbaugh's ratings have been steadily on the decline. He reached his apex with the 94 congressional elections. However, with the Oklahoma bombing, people's eyes were opened and they began to see his rhetoric for what it was, the propaganda of narrow-minded hate, interestingly in the eastern system, it is the second, not the third that rules one's speech, and isn't it apt that Mr. Limbaugh has the planet of propaganda, Jupiter, in the sign of Capricorn, which is ruled by Saturn, and resides in the 2nd? Quote:

5. Nervous hands

William Lilly said that the third house, "doth rule, the Shoulders, Arms, Hands and Fingers" (Christian Astrology page 52). So Aries on the cusp of his tropical third house cusp, and Mars the ruler in his Ascendant literally places, Limbaugh's hands on his face. Aries is a moveable sign, on the cusp of the third this would add to more movement from the hands and shoulders, the Mars rulership would imply much thrashing about of the arms and shoulders. Aries is also a fire sign, I haven't listened to him in years, but I recall, Limbaugh used to refer to his 'formerly nicotine stained fingers'. From Vedic perspective, Limbaugh's nervousness might be seen from his sidereal Moon in Pisces placed in the 3rd house. The third house in the Eastern system, not only rules the hands and the fingers, but also mental instability. I would think a Pisces Moon being simultaneously aspected by both Rahu and Ketu, would indicate up and down movement of both the hands and the emotions.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #18 - on: 06.05.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Marc Waters

Limbaugh's ascendant is on the border of Capricorn and Aquarius-- but I see more Capricorn Rising influence myself. Why? Aquarius Risings are far better on detail (ie, they're smarter) than he is. Also, a poorly aspected Capricorn Rising is prone to reactionariism.. Furthermore, this would give Rush the same Sun/Rising/Moon combo as J. Edgar Hoover-- Hmmmmm... now we KNOW what HIS right- wing politics were really hiding....!

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #19 - on: 15.06.2002 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Steve Baxter

My liberal friends consider me a conservative, and my conservative friends consider me a liberal. All this tends to breed suspicion. I heard a term in the press recently that I like especially well, "militant moderate". I am critical of the party line regardless which party it is. I am not without opinions or passion, but I have much experience with proponents of any stripe who are slaves to some party line.
What is most disconcerting is the evolution of "liberal" into a dirty word. Ask for a definition, and you receive information that suggests that half the country votes "liberal", and in the same breath is the suggestion that half the country is without merit, credibility, or worth. Half the country wants to snare and enslave the American system and change it from its noble intent. I'm sorry, but that dark fantasy holds no water with me. I am not a trusting person by nature, but the popular party line of conservatives is a dark fad that I hope will dissapate.
Add to that an attitude (and I mean 'TUDE!) that is smug, self-righteous, and hypocritical, and you have virtually guaranteed my disrespect. Poor little self-righteous people; they are soooo misunderstood. In my area, there are many archconservative voices on the radio and not one that I would consider liberal. The last liberal talk show known to me was disconnected about seven years ago. I see no crusade against Limbaugh of any import. He is the ruthless crusader. I must say that I know nothing about the FAIR group.
The T-square Mercury/Saturn/Uranus is clearly descriptive of Limbaugh. There is much talk about the TRUTH, but people who talk a great deal on the subject have not shown to be particularly truthful themselves. This is a one-track mind that talks incessantly about partison strife, conservative vs. liberal.
He has made up his mind but then tries to convince that it was all arrived at logically. He likes to think of himself as brilliant and, above all, logical. There is little gentility here. Any gentility would be phony, in my opinion. The square of Mercury to Saturn is known for its tendency to lie and then rationalize the lie with a barrage of facts.
No one is rejecting the facts, but who could be so naive as to miss that politics is the deft manipulation of half truths. Only the wise realize that half-truths are often the darkest lies. This T-square could promote mental genious if handled well. I don't think Limbaugh is dumb.
Another T-square is Mars/MC/Pluto. This is beyond smug. This is dangerous and supremely arrogant. That's the tendency anyway. He likes disputes, and he likes to attack, but he hates to be attacked, and he hates to lose. He will stop at nothing to provide himself with every opportunity to attack while he limits the capacity of anyone to attack him. There is nothing fair in this T-square. It is predatory. In some charts, it will breed a killer.
"The way things ought to be." I think this man would be very satisfied if we all reverted back to jungle law once he has fortified his fortress and loaded all his weapons. If you can't hurt him, what does he care who gets hurt.
The separation between Moon and Jupiter is about 16 degrees; they are in the same sign. I consider this a conjunction, but I am aware that many astrologers do not. It describes his popularity well, and the wideness of the aspect suggests to me that it was long in coming. It gives him pleasant qualities as well. It is one of the few brakes against his pomposity, but it is an easily corrupted combination. If the rest of the chart warns, then it could bring religious dogma and grandiose fantasies.
Add to the Moon/Jupiter connection the close trine of Jupiter to Uranus, and we see his monetary successes.
Venus in Aquarius suggests that he will have fond friends, and Sun sextile node suggests that he will have compatible associates.
Limbaugh has good qualities, and most of us know what they are. I have concentrated on the crises and troublespots, because I believe that is needed here. He has used his popularity and his influence ways that I deem negative, and he has a wide following. He is due some criticism.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

As one of the largest astrology portals WWW.ASTRO.COM offers a lot of free features on the subject. With high-quality horoscope interpretations by the world's leading astrologers Liz Greene, Robert Hand and other authors, many free horoscopes and extensive information on astrology for beginners and professionals, www.astro.com is the first address for astrology on the web.
Homepage - Free Horoscopes - Astrodienst Onlineshop - Astrology Knowledge - Ephemeris - Authors and Staff - My Astro - Direct Atlas query - Sitemap - FAQ - Forum - Contact Astrodienst