Welcome as a guest in the Astrodienst forum. You can login to your Astro profile or register as a forum member.You can also remain in the guest status and navigate through this forum as a reader. 17.09.2014 at 18:33 [UT+1]

Forum Rules Home Help Search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 12
Send Topic Print
Astro-Databank: Al Gore (Read 407 times)
Astro-Databank
Global Moderator
Astrodienst Staff
Adb editor

Astro-Databank: Al Gore
« on: 24.03.2000 at 12:30 [UT] »

Discussion about
Al Gore, born 31 March 1948 at 12:53 PM in Washington DC

This discussion is imported from the  comment board on the  previous astrodatabank.com website.

Since December 2000 when Al Gore conceded the election to George W. Bush, Gore has been attending to things that matter to him: his family and his causes. He landed a job as a visiting professor, gave lectures, and took his global warming slide show on the road. That slide show was developed into a much-discussed film and book. It's been several years since we discussed Gore's chart--this seems like a good time to review it and try out our forecasting skills.
  • Putting party politics aside, if Gore came to you for astrological counseling to inquire about the wisdom of running for President in 2008, what would you tell him? Are there significant planetary factors in the near future that might suggest a run or a grass roots campaign to pull him back onto the campaign trail?
  • Where in his chart do you find his interest and concern for the environment and global warming? His focus on family? His sense of fiscal responsibility that opposes deficit spending? His desire to eliminate fraud and excess from government?
  • Gore has Sun, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Pluto, Ascendant and Midheaven in fire signs, which we normally associate with enthusiasm and energy. With so much fire in his chart, Gore nevertheless has a reputation as lacking dynamism, appearing stiff and even aloof. Where in the chart is this sort of plodding seriousness reflected? Where in his life is he comfortable exhibiting his fiery nature?

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

re: Al Gore
« Reply #1 - on: 10.10.2001 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Angela

Has anyone figured out why Al Gore is so damn sexy?

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #2 - on: 11.09.2001 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User alice moore

1. A setback is not necessarily permanent. For every goal, even as one as exalted as the presidency, there are other opportunities. With the Sun in Aries in the 9th house trining Saturn, Mars, and Pluto in Leo in the 1st house, he gives a great effort the first time. However, with the Sun in Aries opposing Neptune in Libra in the 3rd, Gore may believe he only has one chance. Moon in Capricorn in the 5th squaring Sun in Aries and Neptune in Libra defeat is devastation. With the Moon in Capricorn in the 5th cusp of the 6th he can dissect failure to death. He would do well to take a page out of Richard Nixon's book. How? By stepping back into the wilderness. With the Outer Planets transiting through Capricorn-Pisces. There are publishing opportunities as well support from behind the scenes.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #3 - on: 14.12.2000 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Maureen Patricia Woodman

Good evening! I have just discovered your site. I have been reading some of the e-mails sent you earlier. One I noted, sent back on Sept. 4/00 that stated Al Gore's destiny number is 2. Actually it is 11. Bill Clinton has the same destiny number 11.  
It is my understanding that one never reduces to a single number, the numbers as 11, 22, 33. These are all Master Numbers.  
Interestingly enough, George W. Bush's destiny number is 33. Rather a powerful number. Hopefully, he can use it wisely.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #4 - on: 11.12.2000 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User ASTRO-STAR-LIGHT SERVICESthrough V I V I N I

Gore definitely wants to win!! Of the two men, Gore has the stronger chart as a leader. His Sun is in Aries and Moon is in Capricorn. Aries must be first. Aries are real fighters and motivators. He has the making of an Iconoclast president. They can be great leaders. He knows this. He feels he is pre-destined to this office. Even if he does not win it this time, his chart indicates he could win in 4 years, that is, if we still have the political system we have now. The 9th house rules future events. The Ram, ruler of Aries, is endlessly optimistic, forceful, daring, impulsive and enterprising.  
It is interesting that Gore, too, has similar struggles as Bush, due to his Sun and Moon unfavorably aspected by Neptune.  
He has good physical stamina and is a 'hands on man' - wants to direct everything that is in his camp. With his Sun in the 9th house of Natal chart, (upper portion of chart is more powerful, for leadership potential) he is closely involved with higher education, the Law, legal affairs, litigation, lawyers, mans law as well as spiritual law. Also with advertising, publicity, writings, prophecy, foreign travel, foreign trade and foreign connections, and the future .Gore does have Vision with Sun in 9th, but he can be impulsive. Uranus (independence, sudden changes, unexpected actions) squares Mercury (mind) which shows him to be a very independent thinker!! If elected, he could get us into a WW111. The 9th house is natural house of Sagittarius, lending additional fire to his nature. He is futuristically and independently oriented in his leadership goals.  
Nicely supporting his Sun position is his Ascendant (Rising Sign) in Leo, Pluto, Saturn and Mars in Leo from his Natal 1st house in trine position to his Sun. These placements show he has great luck and promise to become President. Gore has a very powerful first house, but Bush also has a powerful first house but not quite as powerful as Gore. They both have Leo Rising, so both are attracted to powerful people, powerful careers, and they both can be direct, strait forward, express some noble pursuits. They both can be playful, kind, magnanimous and dramatic. Each is a showman. They both are driven to obtain their goals. But their methods are very different. Gore 'believes' he is powerful, he feels this. Bush, in my estimation of his chart, does not 'feel' his power. Bush has had to fight for power and is in the fight of his life for this election. He and his Republican staff will use any means whatsoever to win it, such as intimidation, lies and force.  
Gore's Moon in Capricorn shows he has held positions of leadership in past lives. This placement is why he was and still must work to improve his public personality. Capricorn is autocratic, statesman-like, very reserved, political, conventional, governing (Nixon was a Capricorn, but no comparison to Gore chart) patriarchal, official, executive, but also melancholy, self doubting and very serious. Capricorn is really the most serious of all the signs. This is why he comes across as he does, stiff, distant and impersonal. And in his history-bio, it is written he grew up in hotels, with a Senator-father, frequently was around Washington affairs as a child. This is not surprising in researching his chart. Moon in Capricorn shows his concern and protection over Social Security. Capricorn rules age. He is very aware of the seniors' needs and the state of mind of older people and I believe he cares about that. Anyone with Moon or Sun in Capricorn relates to older people, and not to mention he has Saturn trine (favorable) to his Sun. This is another plus for him to relate to older people .He was serious as a child. (Bush's Sun is square Saturn, indicating a real ambition to power and position, but a hard struggle to climb the political ladder, very different than Gore's nature.)  
Gore has four planets above the horizon line, giving him more power to succeed publicly, where as Bush in comparison has three above, but two of them are in the 12th house of retreats, all behind the scenes activities. And these two planets are the Sun and Saturn, previously discussed. The Sun and Saturn positions are so important in showing the life patterns.  
Gore has Mars in Leo - a strong position for leadership and is in his Natal 1st house, trine to Sun. He has Jupiter in Sagittarius, conjunct Moon, trine to Sun. All favorable supports. This is an excellent aspect for winning in the courts or in any litigation and is supported by wide trines from Pluto, Saturn.
[continued in next posting]

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #5 - on: 11.12.2000 at 12:30 [UT] »

[continued from posting above:] by ASTRO-STAR-LIGHT SERVICESthrough V I V I N I

With so many aspects favoring his usage of the laws of the land, litigations, courts and lawyers - these processes favor him, but whether his usage of these processes will win him the election - is not a done deal, due to his Sun opposite Neptune, deceptions, veiled circumstances and intense intrigue facing him.  
Venus in Taurus (Taurus an earth sign) shows he loves the earth and does want to make constructive and major changes in the ecological areas.  
Gore same as Bush - has Moon (women, common people, the masses) conjunct Jupiter, but in different signs. This favors both men with the masses and common people. It is interesting that there are definite similarities in their charts, then very great differences.  
From the negative perspective, Gore has Moon square Neptune and Sun opposite Neptune. This leads to bad judgment, he has difficulty separating fact from fiction. He does not see clearly, his judgment is clouded. although he has a great imagination. He has to adjust the reality to what is emotionally tolerable to him. He struggles with suspicion, others taking advantage of him, unknown fears in youth and as an adult, the ability to use his powers decisively. He is vulnerable to others treachery, but he himself can 'use' others for his own ends. He is not above reproach and even though he has 'vision' - this vision needs to be brought down into real, sincere, believable action. Gore has had difficulty being submissive to authority, his parents and his friends. He also suffers from lack of confidence under these aspects.  
In Gore's chart, Chiron is in Scorpio. This clearly shows that people and events in his early life left him with issues to learn about power and control. Aries is very aware of their ability to control and lead not to mention his Moon in another leadership sign.. This points to events in his child rearing that were physically and psychologically painful, that he had very dominating parents. This we know in his bio - that his father purposely placed him in situations where he would be trained for leadership and the presidency.  
Gore has a wide Grand Trine in Fire signs. Another powerful configuration - for luck and success in his life.  
Gore is a Fire sign - Bush is a Water sign. Cancer/water (Bush) is not a strong sign for leadership. Aries/Fire is a strong leadership sign. Gore has written a book: "Earth in the Balance - Ecology and the Human Spirit". (Sun in 9th house of publications.) But in this book are some very controversial statements and explains his global ideas and goals. Of course it all boils down to how these men use their Powers for the people, to benefit, to heal and honestly guide or the reverse. I do not see either man 'honestly' guiding the people. Never the less, both candidates are men of Destiny playing out their roles on the stage of life.  
The Influence of Neptune  
There is so much covert, suspicious and diabolical activities on-going - behind-the-scenes in this election - that to predict it is not advisable. Something to take note of - (as mentioned briefly above) in both charts, is that Neptune is aspecting both Sun and Moon in each chart. Neptune is conjunct Bushes Moon and squared to his Sun in 12th. In Gore's chart, Neptune squares Moon and opposes Sun. Meaning: - Neptune is the most mystical, blissful and spiritual planet in our Solar System. But to express these energies is near impossible in our chaotic lives in today's very changing world, so the reverse or negative usually takes place which is involvement in drugs, alcohol, illusions, under influence or use of deception, lying, counterfeit, fogs up the mind, veiled circumstances, intrigue, vagueness and general confusion, which is quite evident in this election between these two men and their camps.  
Each man has Pluto in their first Natal houses. Each with Pluto Angular, (more powerful) is a battle of wills and power between them Pluto rules sex, oil, minerals and the underworld. Each man has a connection to the subversive energies of the underworld, mafia, coercion, force and on the positive side is the planet of group consciousness and healing. Again, it depends on how these men use their power in office, to benefit group consciousness, the people or the reverse.  
And nothing is as it seems or appears in this election - or with the candidates!!! Remember, the media is controlled and Presidents have, for most part, been puppets in the Game of Government.  
In my estimation, Gore has the stronger potential, personally and more going for him chart-wise, to win the election, but the forces arrayed against him are powerful.
[continued in next posting]

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #6 - on: 11.12.2000 at 12:30 [UT] »

[continued from posting above:] by ASTRO-STAR-LIGHT SERVICESthrough V I V I N I
Sylvia Browne, world renowned psychic, has predicted three different times on the Montel program - that we would have a Democratic president. Hmm??  
At this writing, we still wait to see

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #7 - on: 23.11.2000 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Gail Reaben

Mars and Saturn conjunct or square are virtually, always a great inhibitor. Even though in Leo, they are in his First House of Self. Just Saturn by itself would make one serious and responsible. They often have early responsibilities and mature early. Mars in Leon cannot shine the way it normally would when it is conjunct the great limitor - in the first house. Pluto thrown in there too, another power house (also conjunct Saturn) puts another great restriction on letting that Leo nature shine; however it does make him powerful, responsible and mature.  
Moon in Capricorn - another serious projection - ruled by Saturn, emotions are kept in check. Again, Moon in Capricorn and Pluto, Saturn and Mars all conjunct in the first house make for one responsible person.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #8 - on: 23.11.2000 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User

Al Gore is an actor. First and foremost. He likes to exaggerate.  I used to exaggerate the truth when I was a kid about to be severely punished for some childhood infraction. So, instead of telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth - exaggerate. You make the truth so outlandish the (punisher) doesn't believe you for a moment. You escape the worst variety of punishment - the whipping with pepper tree branches - branches you get to cut yourself. But you didn't lie. I don't know what Al's reasons are to embellish the truth but dollars to donuts, being the only son, with roots to the faith, he had his day, with very strict parents (in those days we didn't know about latchkey kids. But Al most definitely was one. Those not of the Fire Sign Aries, will never understand this logic. We can't explain it and shouldn't have to. This is America. We're supposed to be Free.  Al Gore is not dull. How he managed to spend 8 years behind Clinton's skirts, appearing to be a dull, colorless VP, is beyond me. Except for the motivation - getting where he wanted to go - though it took a lot more time (8 years) and more patience than Job, than Al could ever have imagined, going in the door!  Al's Saving Grace: Tipper - Good thing she got her degree in psychology or Al would have been on other couches besides Tipper's. No pun intended.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #9 - on: 19.11.2000 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Mary

I've been watching what happens when planets return to the degree they were on when they turned retro. For this last Merc retro that will be Friday the 24th. I think something, I don't know what, will either be resolved or return to bite both Al and W in the butt.  
On Monday, Mercury will pass over a nasty little group of W's arabic parts. I usually ignore them, unless they are grouped in a tight cluster that tells a story. In W's case, the parts of Profession, Inheritance, Brethren and Treachery are tightly conjunct his nadir. Makes you wanna go, "Hmmmm".. Wink

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #10 - on: 12.11.2000 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Anon.

Al's moon in capricorn probably represses his feelings in a controlled, conservative manner. Too bad. He needs to plug into that Leo fire energy and show it. He needs to be like his Leo wife Tipper. His saturn in Leo may repress him too.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #11 - on: 12.11.2000 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Lynn

Well, there are many things to which we could point, but I just looked up AG's Sun Sabian symbol in Rudyar's Astrological Mandala ... 11 Aries ... "The Ruler of a Nation". Now this is not necessarily to be taken literally, but I'm on my 3rd copy of this book and am amazed at how often over the last 23 yrs. it does seem to show up literally ... more on Mr. Dynamismless later.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #12 - on: 09.11.2000 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Grover, Virginia M

Well, I now have my answer regarding the effect of Mercury Retrograde in Scorpio at the time of the election. The Moon was Void of Course, too. Did anyone else notice that Florida was called for Gore almost exactly when Mercury went direct? Perhaps having the Moon in Aries during the re-count will ultimately favor Gore. Does anyone have an Astrocartography chart for Florida in relation to the national election? This situation will be a focus of study for some time, I expect. And if anyone ever asks me about the effect of Mercury Retrograde, I only need refer them to this election!

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #13 - on: 08.11.2000 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Anon.

My husband has five planets in Leo in the first also born in 48. Saturn on Asc. Saturn stifles all the warmth. He really comes off as a stiff, sober, uptight, responsible Capricorn. I would definitely vote for him for pres... his integrity is impeccable.  
I love Al's chart.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #14 - on: 04.11.2000 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Don Woolson

Lois, Great site, why did it take me so long to find it? I should surf more. I am thrilled to see you using the equal house system. Carl Payne Tobey would be thrilled. Has some resemblance of rationality come to astrology? (I consider you a mover and a shaker in the field.)  
aloha blessings

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #15 - on: 29.10.2000 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Adele

The transit of Pluto is trine his natal chart of Pluto, Saturn and Mars. On election day the moon will be in Aries the ruler of his tenth house, my intuition tells me he will win the election. For some reason I just do not like Bush. His Sun ,Moon and Jupiter is not well aspected. I am trying to pinpoint it. He just reminds me of a cocky show off for some reason. I feel he has not kicked the habit of drinking, he is hiding something.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #16 - on: 28.10.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User adelaide

The old ways are still the most telling! As I write this on October 27, al-Ghol has manifested itself according to tradition: deceit and negative image---er, disgrace, as it used to be termed. He may have to find another way into the position he seeks.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #17 - on: 18.11.2000 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User adelaide

"He may have to find another way into the position he seeks." A number of people have emailed me regarding this statement. As I write, on November 17, Al Gore is trying to find another way into the position he seeks. Therefore anyone who doesn't understand what I said, please turn on your television. Thank you!

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #18 - on: 08.11.2000 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Atossa

Adelaide,  
Email me...  
I am interested in your take on the "Al Gol" star in the constellation Perseus and its possible relationship with Al Gore ?! I tried to email you, but it came back as wrong email address?!

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #19 - on: 25.10.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Wayne Penner

I think it will be President Gore for a number of reasons, although I would love to be wrong... His chart is more closely aligned with the present moment than is Bush's Bucket.  
Both men have Sun Square Moon, indicating fluctuating public popularity. Bush is a much more affable, likable, easy-going guy than is Gore, however. Gore has difficulty expressing his feelings (Venus is weakly aspected and Moon is in Capricorn Sesquiquadrate Mars and Saturn), although the Conjunction to Jupiter indicates he can be very personable and charming when he wants to be. Moon is also involved (widely) in the Sun/Neptune Opposition so more scandals are certain.  
Gore is probably a better "wonk" and administrator than Bush, and at least this is what people in the voting booth will consider. Do they want an able administrator and policy maker or someone who is something of a playboy.  
It will be a last-minute thing in the voters' minds I think, and the polls will be very close right up until election day. I wouldn't be surprised if the polls are wrong, or undecided until the last minute.  
Like I say, if I'm wrong about this that is fine with me!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 12
Send Topic Print

Copyright © 2014 Astrodienst AG  - report a problem