Uranus12Aries34'11"r4n21
    Neptune5Pisces9'23"10s18
    Pluto12Capricorn48'36"20s39
    TrueNode16Libra20'26"r6s25
    Chiron13Pisces27'45"2s11
    Explanations of the symbols
    Chart of the moment
| My Astro | Forum | FAQ
Welcome as a guest in the Astrodienst forum. You can login to your Astro profile or register as a forum member.You can also remain in the guest status and navigate through this forum as a reader. 21.12.2014 at 17:55 [UT]

Forum Rules Home Help Search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8
Send Topic Print
Astro-Databank: Jacques Chirac (Read 752 times)
Astro-Databank
Global Moderator
Astrodienst Staff
Adb editor

Astro-Databank: Jacques Chirac
« on: 26.01.2006 at 12:30 [UT] »

Discussion about
Jacques Chirac, born 29 November 1932 at 12:00 noon in Paris

This discussion is imported from the  comment board on the  previous astrodatabank.com website.

• Chirac has been a career politician and quite a controversial but so-far resilient office-holder. His political principles are difficult to define, and he has been accused of contradicting himself in his own stands on issues. How would you characterize his style of leadership astrologically? Where in the chart is the life-time politician whose political actions often seem to be contradictory? Will he weather the recent storms in his own country?
  • Chirac's chart shows some complex astrological patterns: two stellia in Virgo and in Sagittarius and two yods, both involving the Ascendant. In one, Jupiter is the apex of a nearly-exact yod involving the sextile between Uranus and his Ascendant. In the other, the Ascendant is apex of the yod formed by a sextile between Jupiter and Pluto. How would you synthesize these planetary configurations in your interpretation of Chirac's chart?
  • Chirac has been described as a man of big appetites--for food, for money, for sex, for political clout. What in the chart reflects such hunger?

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

re: Jacques Chirac
« Reply #1 - on: 27.01.2006 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Penelope

This isn't astrological, but might add to the future comments. I just read on CNN that Chirac was the victim of a prank by a some comedians in Canada called the "Masked Avengers" passing themselves off as Prime-minister elect Stephen Harper. When Chirac was let in on the joke - he laughed. Very Sagittarian.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #2 - on: 27.01.2006 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Jotown

<b>1.)</b> "How would you characterize his style of leadership astrologically? Where in the chart is the life-time politician whose political actions often seem to be contradictory? Will he weather the recent storms in his own country"
The ninth house Sagittarius Sun conjunct the Midheaven along with the Aquarius ASC shows the career politician. The Sag Moon also shows his ability to resonate with the people. He has six planets in mutable signs and 8 planets in the southern hemisphere. This shows one who will vacillate between positions and whose own opinion can be blown around by public opinion. (by appearances)
The ruler of his ASC (Uranus) and the ruler of his MC and dispositor of his Sag stellium (Jupiter) are in quincunx to each other and Jupiter also makes a quincunx to his ASC (a Yod). This shows a lot of ambivalence between who he is (ASC) and who he wants to be seen as (MC): A tendency to want to be all things to all people.
He also has Saturn opposite his Pluto and this can show an internal struggle with his own power (Pluto) and how to use it (Saturn). Also one who likes to express his power by being a polarizing figure.
<b>2.)</b> " Chirac's chart shows some complex astrological patterns: How would you synthesize these planetary configurations in your interpretation of Chirac's chart? "
Much of this is covered in my answer to question one. His splayed mutable fire chart shows one who is energetically all over the place and his two Yods involving the rulers of his ASC, MC and the dispositors of his Sun and ASC further emphasize his compulsive and ambivalent nature. Yet there is a strong desire to express his own unique and original self (Aquarian ASC with Uranus sextile ASC)  
The two stelliums show how he has been able to focus his scattered energies on his relationships (Virgo 7th house stellium) and his public life (Sag 10th house stellium). Having his Sun as most angular and elevated gives him an anchor point (MC) for the expression of his self (Sun) in a field (politics) where ambivalence and obsession are actually assets.  
<b>3.)</b> " Chirac has been described as a man of big appetites--for food, for money, for sex, for political clout. What in the chart reflects such hunger?"
His Moon and Venus are not well aspected. His Moon receives its only aspect in a very wide conjunction to Mercury, and Venus makes only a semisquare to Mercury and a square to Saturn. This makes both the Moon and Venus challenged, and points of compulsion in his chart.  
Moon in Sag is disposited by Jupiter and Venus in Scorpio is disposited by Pluto. This shows a huge (Jupiter) obsession (Pluto) with power (Pluto) and all things lunar (food) and Venusian (sex, money) that's comes out wherever he is (The Ascendant) and compulsively (The Jupiter/Pluto/ASC Yod)

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #3 - on: 28.01.2006 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Bojana Obrez

Hello, I see in Chiracc's chart, that his planets in 7th house, both of them are negative aspected. Also, the Ruler of the 7th, Sun is bad aspected. And he is married! I want to know, where can you see, who is going to be married, if by such a chart all is negative? If I would see somebody's chart like his, I would say, o.k. you can live with somebody, but don't marry!
I want to hear other opinions.
Nice regards, yelena

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #4 - on: 28.01.2006 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User sandstone

bojana, explore different house system ideas and you can see them in the 8th with some imagination.. i also believe negative/positive adjectives to describe aspects is faulty. one has to look at the specific planets and aspects along with the rest of the tenor of the chart to form a better pic of the potential for marriage and etc..

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #5 - on: 28.01.2006 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Julien Peter Benney

I have known Jacques Chirac from many news reports, but this article tells me a lot more about him than does the news reports.
His big appetites are clearly symbolic of the many planets in Sagittarius and the seventh house (naturally ruled by Venus, the planet symbolising luxury and comfort).
The emphasis on Sagittarius, Aquarius and Virgo shows Chirac as a supremely intelligent man able to comprehend almost anything that is going on, and agrees well with his talkative nature. Whilst the Aquarius and Virgo emphasis might be expected to counter his sensuality, the fact that Mars is one of the planets in the seventh house undoubtedly counter this.
It is interesting to compare his chart to that of former Australian Prime Minister Bob Hawke (December 9, 1929 at 5:30 am in Bordertown, South Australia). Both politicians have Sagittarius stelliums, and both stand as decisive decision-maker who almost attempted to develop political principles applicable to the modern world. Hawke was much criticised for breaking the Labor Party from its working class heartland, but he did do some notable things for Australia's fragile environment and made efforts (easy to criticise) to deal with Australia's inefficient industries.
Hawke is also a double Sagittarius, but with Ascendant instead of Moon in that sign, so that his stellium is mostly in the twelfth house (itself a little contradictory).

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #6 - on: 28.01.2006 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User

Yelena, Because this happened to me in the past I started to study Vedic astrology. In his vedic chart the 7th house is in trouble too but not as much. Besides, Venus, as significator for marriage, is, siderial in it's own sign, and that helps, at least for a marriage to take place.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #7 - on: 28.01.2006 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Fenneke

Will he weather the recent storms in his own country? Yes. He is in his Ju-Ke dasa, both in the 8th with Mars which indicates the storms. But in februari he gets help from the Venus bhukti. Venus is strong in its own sign, in the 10th 9lord of the 10th in the 10th), not afflicted, good in the navamsja.
What in the chart reflects such hunger? Rahu is in the 2nd house and Ra exaggarates. Besides, there is an aspect from Jupiter to the second. Second house stands for money and, vedic, for food. Two expanding influences on this house. Fenneke

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #8 - on: 28.01.2006 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Jotown

" Will he weather the recent storms in his own country""
Astrologically he has had a rough past year. He had transiting Saturn opposing natal Saturn, and conjoining natal Pluto, while transiting Uranus opposed natal Mars. These long lasting transits have cooled down in 2006 but the transiting Saturn/Neptune opposition is straddling his ASC/Descendant axis with Neptune stationing over his ASC in the 12th house. Pluto is also getting ready to station over his Moon; which rules his sixth house.
He also has just entered his progressed Full Moon phase of the lunation cycle. The progressed full Moon is a culmination of a 27 year cycle and the half way point of what began 14 years ago. When you add Pluto on the Moon and Neptune on the ASC you get the potential for health problems. Saturn is going to station opposite his Prog Sun and hang out over his 7th house which could also indicate relationship problems.  
When you put all this together it looks very unlikely he will be seeking another term next year.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #9 - on: 28.01.2006 at 12:30 [UT] »

vedic astrolgers question- i have about 10 different zodiac options on my astro prog to choose from if i want to look into vedic... which one/ones is/are the most common? thanks

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #10 - on: 28.01.2006 at 12:30 [UT] »

okay... nobody knows!!!!

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #11 - on: 28.01.2006 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Therese

Sandstone wrote: Vedic astrolgers question- i have about 10 different zodiac options on my astro prog to choose from if i want to look into vedic... which one/ones is/are the most common? thanks
The most common ayanamsa used for Jyotish is the Lahiri ayanamsa. It's fairly standard these days. I use the Krishnamurti ayanamsa because I believe it gives better results with dasa periods. But for most work Lahiri is fine. There are less than 6 minutes between Lahriri and K.
I think it's best to use the standard western circular chart for Vedic. The square charts are cultural, specific to India, and there's no need to try to read them in the west unless an astrologer feels comfortable with them.  
By the way, the earliest illustraton of a horoscope in India is circular, no doubt copied from a Hellenistic text. I think India then copied the square charts from the west, though the houses are arranged differently now.
I've never used the square charts. They don't speak to me like the circular charts. Vedic charts should be set up with the equal house system, but the houses go around the cusp rather than on one side.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #12 - on: 28.01.2006 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User cynthia

geeze sandstone are you having a Mars transit? (she says smiling who has Mars on her Sun....again!)
I just read your post. I use Lahiri. I do this fulltime and read for clients week in and week out. I have experimented with others but unlike Therese, I find this one, the one that I was taught and is most often used to be the best for me and my clients. The actual date that a dasha changes is relative.  
Often, the final segment of a master period is an ending process. The person feels that a major phase in life is coming to an end. It takes a while for most of us to really know where the next phase will take us. When I saw these times laid out and the timing in my own life I decided that I would pay whatever it cost to learn this system.  
In all the years as a tropical astrology and with some readings by really good astrologers, no where could I see these powerful periods when one phase of my life ended and another slowly began. But they were remarkable enough to me, that I kept looking for something solid. Yes, they are several years in length, but I encourage anyone to look at the years and see if you were in an ending process.
What is your software program? Can you run the master and sub periods called buktis? Get a feel for them and see for yourself. If you are interested, email me privately and I will run your chart as well and will answer any questions you have about how to read the chart. It will of course be confidential.
sorry to ramble on
Also, unlike Therese, I prefer the square chart. There the constellations are constant and the houses move. It moves clockwise rather than counter clockwise.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #13 - on: 28.01.2006 at 12:30 [UT] »

i am a mars transit, lol... thanks therese and cynthia. i appreciate the info and thoughts on this.. cynthia i will take you up on the offer... i have solar fire 4 and i don't think it has the periods feature you talk about. some of the differences discussed are personal preference type stuff it seems.. when doing the navasma chart can i get the same chart via a 9th harmonic chart? i'm assuming i can..

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #14 - on: 28.01.2006 at 12:30 [UT] »

cynthia e mail me as i don't have your email..thanks!

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #15 - on: 29.01.2006 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Therese

Cynthia, when I ran the dasa main and sub periods in Solar Fire (I have version 5), I found them to be wrong in comparison to Parashara's Light. I didn't extensively check the periods, but I know they were wrong for a few charts. I mean really wrong, not just a few days off. I always use the Jyotish programs now for dasas. (I didn't have time to extensively check the differences.)

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #16 - on: 29.01.2006 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Mar

Hi Bojana,
Mr. Chirac has a 17- or 18 year old child in Japan (out of an affair with an interprete) and had other affairs as well. I think Mrs. Chirac is very tolerantSmiley. Perhaps that shows in Mars conjunct Neptune in the 7th? (See the link http://www.elysee.fr/elysee/anglais/the_president/mrs_chirac/mrs_bernadette_chir ac.20178.html for Bernadette Chirac,born 18th of May 1933. She shares Mars conjunct Neptune with her husband and Venus is square Neptune. Her Venus squares Mars. She has a Moon in Pisces. Very Neptunic... and she has a very loyal Sun in Taurus inconjunct her husbands' moon.) Mitterand also had a 'second wife', btw.  
Mr. Chirac has both Sun and Venus on top. Sun with hard aspects with Mars, Neptune and Pluto, and Venus squaring Saturn. His image is that of a diplomate, a charming man, but also a man breaking hearts (the Venus side). I am still wondering about the Sunny side. The sun is making only hard aspects: with Mars, Neptune and Pluto. (He was a sub-officer in the army and took part in the Algerian war). Mercury-Saturn-Pluto combinations in aspect or midpoints are often seen in the charts of politicians and Chirac is no different. He has Mercury semisquare Saturn and biquintile Pluto, also connected to Jupiter and Neptune with squares. That is my answer to question 1.  
There is only one trine in the whole chart: Mercury ruler 5 in 10 trines the rather lonely Uranus (trigger?) ruler 1 in 2. I think that trine makes him an inventive and efficient leader, being ABLE to change his mind whenever it is needed.I think in the yod mentioned in question 2 also Mercury is involved, not only by making a square to Jupiter and trining Uranus, but also because Mercury and Jupiter are in mutual reception. The ascendant is making a midpointcombination with Jupiter/Uranus also. Jupiter-Uranus with Mercury makes witty and gives sudden happy changes in a carreer. Mercury, Uranus and Jupiter are the planets that makes aspects with the ascendant, making them the keyholders of his appearances. He sure knows how to put it!  
There are a lot of squares in this chart. It could be that these squares helped him to gain this position in life - from being the son of a lower middle class father to the top figure in the state -. Squares are very stimulating.  

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #17 - on: 29.01.2006 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Marjorie Orr

Ask any European or indeed French person to describe Chirac and the first adjectives which would appear would be slippery or corrupt. He is thought to be hanging on to the Presidency since it gives him immunity from prosecution against corruption charges dating from his time as Mayor of Paris. His Sagittarian Sun square Neptune would be one pointer and square Mars and Neptune make him keen on publicity, a grandstander, impulsive to the point of recklessness at times. His Uranus Pluto square also attract him to rebellious gestures. One theory about his objection to the USA/UK attack on Iraq was that he hoisted his diplomatic flag to see which way the wind was blowing and discovered to his delight that he was in a position to cause trouble on the international stage. I happen to think he was right and that may be too cynical a speculation but he certainly does delight in attacking the UK and the USA. The French are still sore at having lost their empire and their world status and are keen to maintain their top dog status as the driving force behind the EU as a counter balance to the US Superpower. He will have an anxious 2006 with Uranus opposing his emphasised Neptune, though Saturn will be out of his 6th later in the year, lifting pressures on his health. In 2007 he has Jupiter moving across his Sun and then through his 10th which should bring a modicum of success. His Solar Return for 2007 also has Sun and Jupiter in the 10th. Though he's also got Uranus square his Sun/Moon midpoint which may rock his public popolarity. His transits are thus mixed but I'm not sure I'd write him off completely just yet. France has an approaching Pluto square its 29 degree Virgo Sun so it is in for huge forced changes, deconstruction and reconstruction - presumably in the area of its archaic employment system and its handling of the immigrant communities, mainly North African Muslim from the old French territories who are ghetto-ised and impoverishied. www.astroinform.com

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #18 - on: 29.01.2006 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Lilli Buck

Sun and Mercury conjunct MC bring fame. New Moon in Sagittarius on MC, great stellium--brings power along with fame. Jupiter in Virgo is in detriment and squares the Sagittarius, which it disposits. Mars and Neptune in Virgo square Sun, which makes for shiftiness and an elusive quality, maybe even some self-destruction through drugs (Neptune in detriment) for his children (Sun).
Four planets in detriments--Neptune, Jupiter, Mercury, and Venus. Venus in Scorpio squares Saturn in Aquarius, which seems to be his only dignified planet, but it is in a critical degree. Hence, some crises in his government. Some bad luck in love, with death of loved ones, with Venus in Scorpio. Venus in Scorpio--makes a real lover, big appetite for sex. He is very attractive.
The north and south lunar nodes square his midheaven and stellium in Sagittarius. This makes for some public scandals, and troubles with his image, and with his family. The adopting of an adult foreign child is odd--and may owe to the new moon in Sagittarius, as this would show a love of foreigners. His love for Dominique de Villepin may owe to his Venus in Scorpio, and Dominique is a Scorpio Sun native.
Uranus in Aries sextiles Ascendant, and also trines stellium in Sag, bringing height, and unusual fame and success.
The Yods-one to Ascendant, and one to Jupiter, show that the finger of God is pointing at his persona, or maybe he will be assassinated indeed one day, with the finger aimed at the Ascendant. The Yod to Jupiter is an odd one, with Jupiter in a detriment. Jupiter is in a wealth house, however, the eighth, and shows wealth through inheritance or other people's money. Great wealth gained may be a key to his life. There is some hint of wealth gained by embezzlement or dishonesty, because of the Mars/Neptune in Virgo being connected with this. Saturn, co-ruler of Ascendant, is in twelfth house of secrets. Maybe he has some secrets we don't know about.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #19 - on: 29.01.2006 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Paula R. Gassmann, Moderator

To Sandstone: (I've meant to mention this a while ago--Thanks for posting under a name; it is very helpful.) To access the dasa/bhukti list that Cynthia referred to, go to the print chart page in Solar Fire/pages/Vedic, then Dasa/Bhukti South India. This will give you the square chart, similar to the one used by ADB, along with the dates. You can experiment to see which style chart you are most comfortable with, but this will get you started. (You may need to adjust your settings when you set up your chart too.)

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8
Send Topic Print

As one of the largest astrology portals WWW.ASTRO.COM offers a lot of free features on the subject. With high-quality horoscope interpretations by the world's leading astrologers Liz Greene, Robert Hand and other authors, many free horoscopes and extensive information on astrology for beginners and professionals, www.astro.com is the first address for astrology on the web.
Homepage - Free Horoscopes - Astrodienst Onlineshop - Astrology Knowledge - Ephemeris - Authors and Staff - My Astro - Direct Atlas query - Sitemap - FAQ - Forum - Contact Astrodienst