Welcome as a guest in the Astrodienst forum. You can login to your Astro profile or register as a forum member.You can also remain in the guest status and navigate through this forum as a reader. 19.09.2014 at 22:49 [UT+1]

Forum Rules Home Help Search  
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Astro-Databank: Yasser Arafat (Read 833 times)
Astro-Databank
Global Moderator
Astrodienst Staff
Adb editor

Astro-Databank: Yasser Arafat
« on: 26.04.2002 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

Discussion about
Yasser Arafat, born 27 August 1929 at 02:00 AM in Cairo

This discussion is imported from the  comment board on the  previous astrodatabank.com website.

So many people have asked us for the chart of Yasser Arafat that we have bent our policy against putting unreliable birth charts up on the web site. There are three different recorded birthdays for Arafat. It pains me to see people publishing analyses of his chart when we know that there is no definitive chart of Yasser Arafat. Thus, as a public service, we are putting up all three charts to alert the astrological community to this fact.  
Using transits and AstroCartography which chart seems to work best?

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

re: Yasser Arafat
« Reply #1 - on: 26.04.2002 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Sylvia Jean Smith

I believe that the exalted Taurus Moon better depicts Yassar Arafat, than the Leo or other chart Moon does, and it is his Moon that sustains him. I therefore take the August 27, 1929 chart. When we consider the lengthy period he has been confined, only that Moon could have endured this. His exalted Venus in Cancer (1st house) rules this Moon, and Venus houses are the 11th (friends) and 4th (home/country). His Jupiter, even though it is in detriment, is also in his 11th house, and is stronger than indicated. (check out his progressed Jupiter to progressed Sun!!) Will he come through this? His progressed Ascendant is at 18 Virgo.... the Solar eclipse will square that point.... but his progressed MC is at 18 Gemini, which puts that June 10 Solar eclipse there as well. We could see Arafat coming out of this as a hero... or if he is killed, certainly he will go down in history as a martyr. I'm going for the former. I sort of like to try and see the positive side of eclipses, although this one certainly doesn't make that easy. Sylvia Jean Smith Researcher - Eclipses and the Pre-Birth Eclipse. Ottawa, Canada

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #2 - on: 27.04.2002 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Bill Lindsay

The one that works best is the one that we know to be his, and none of these fit that description. People tend to mix up time and date information in their minds, especially when they are influenced by their own desires. I could only go for the data that is accurately recorded and that is lacking in Arafat's case. I would tend to uphold our rule of not publishing a questionable chart. We recently had a similar opportunity to evaluate charts offered up for the United States, but that was a different situation, because we were working with documented historical events and even accurately recorded times. I believe in the concept of 'charting around'. That means that if data is in question for a particular person, then I would chart something that that person is directly involved with, especially if accurate data for that is available. For Arafat, this might be the PLO, or even Israel. There is some symbol or placement in either chart that could represent his influence, as a leader or aggressor. Oh well...

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #3 - on: 27.04.2002 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Bill Lindsay

As an afterthought...whatever chart shows that he would benefit from concealing his true nature(thus his birthdata) may be his...Smiley

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #4 - on: 02.05.2002 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Maria

I have seen yet another date and especially PLACE of Arafats chart, that would be the 24th of August, BUT according to that source he himself claims to be born in JERUSALEM at 3 AM on August 4th 1929

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #5 - on: 02.05.2002 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Gimelstar

Jerusalem and Cairo are in the same time zone, 15' latitude diference, so the location in one or the other is rather immaterial from an astrological point of view, as the exact time is unknown. However, it seems rather obvious that the Palestinian source is manipulating the location, possibly the date (although this may be obscured in calendar translations) for political reasons. The web site for the Nobel Prize Laureate Arafat gives his birth date as August 24, 1929 and the place as Cairo, Egypt.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #6 - on: 04.05.2002 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Susan

Thank You for your some-what professionalism. I think that he is mis-led in terrible ways thru a good cause. I feel so strongly that the last thing on earth he is, is Leo. I've only seen August 24th. I think that that answers why the Aries Mars/Venus (Sun) put them in battle mode to relieve a little stress-he and Sharon. This gives him Aries energy. IT MAKES HIS SUN CONJUNCT REGULUS. He is currently the most admired man in the Middle East alive. Remember, Leo/Virgo is the ruler advocating the throne to light the way for others to follow. He is so Mutable, with Fire. Must be a B Blood. See Genetic make-up for this trader/nomadic type. Thanks.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #7 - on: 05.05.2002 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Anonymous

I have 0.5 deg Virgo for the Sun in Arafat's Aug 24 birthdate. I think there is an error in putting up Aug 4 twice, when Aug 24 is mentioned in the script. Whether he is the most admired or the most despised is a matter in dispute. As a way for others to follow? It is a tragedy of bloody errors.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #8 - on: 07.05.2002 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

The 2:00 am chart looks interesting for either the 24th or the 27th as it puts Pluto on the Asc. On the 24th Venus is conj Pluto. This could account for his enigmatic appeal to his female supporters, his subversive and disputable honesty, controlling nature and hidden resources. The Uranus on the MC is quite good also, showing his escapes form dangerous situations and periodic rise to fame. The Moon in Aries seems for likely, as his interviews are most often give him opportunity to speak about himself, and the intense nervous condition that afflicts him is obvious, so a Moon-Uranus conj such as is seen on the Aug 24 date is very probable.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #9 - on: 07.05.2002 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

An online report by BBC correspondent Gerald Butt:
"From his earliest days, Arafat has indulged in exaggeration and the weaving of myths about his life, insisting, for example, that he was born in Jerusalem even though his birth, in 1929, is clearly recorded in Egypt. "
Other interesting details into his character and career are given in the report.
http://news6.thdo.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/middle_east/newsid_87000/87713.stm

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #10 - on: 07.05.2002 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

In addition to the BBC report, there is the statement given on this site under "Biography"; "Carole Hemingway reports that biography.com states: "His date and place of birth are disputed; while he claims to have been born August 4, 1929, in Jerusalem, a birth certificate gives the date as August 24, 1929, in Cairo, Egypt."  
 The sun-Neptune conjunction would give him a tendency to obscure his identity or take liberties in making "adjustments" of fact.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #11 - on: 07.05.2002 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Susan Bird

Or a spiritual being with Reguls' help -Sometimes misled cos not perfect, but beloved by millions.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #12 - on: 08.05.2002 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

Couldn't it be, Susan, that he does the misleading, according to Reguls' influence conjunct his Sun?

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #13 - on: 08.05.2002 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

Arafat today carries an aura of respect among his admirers. They put on their rose-colored glasses and view him as a saint, a martyr and a hero, devoted to the downtrodden poor. How this is justified by astrologers, seems to be by accepting false birthdates for him and even false birth places. If a birth certificate exists, then that should be evidence without refute. Surely the Nobel Committee would demand documentary proof of the Date and Place of origin. The official site, give the date as August 24, 1929 and the city of birth as Cairo. In 2001, the Palestinians celebrated his birthday on August 24. Numerous other Internet sites, including official PLO sites, give the same date, Aug 24, 1929.  
It's time to take off those rose-colored glasses, and see the man Yasser Arafat for who he really is.  
Arafat, is born out in the inflexible autocratic planetary placements. The three pairs of planets, Sun-Neptune; Moon-Uranus; Venus-Pluto; should strike even beginning astrologers with a sense of the power, the seductive attraction, and the violent activities of the man who makes terrorism his business.  
 1. http://www.nobel.se/peace/laureates/1994/arafat-bio.html 2. http://news6.thdo.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/middle_east/newsid_87000/87713.stm

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #14 - on: 08.05.2002 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Susan Bird

Could be. But does Regulus deceive? I DON'T THINK SO!! Do you know how many people he is beloved to? What is in the media in the Middle East? Like blacks and the OJ case, because of their history, people there are unfair about Usama- but right about the CIA, just watch TV. I'm sorry. Off about Astrology. I think he's Pisces Rising. Pluto in Sag is 1/2 way thru. I'm seeing a turning point in that all the prejudices has been exposed, now we have to deal with them. Whether it's cleaning up the desert to put our own pipeline in while sucking up to terrorism, trying to copy the US against the bad guys with card blanche, we have to deal with, as Steven Forrest says in his book The Night Speaks, with those who "don't matter."

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #15 - on: 09.05.2002 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Southern Cross

Looking at the various charts presented for Yasser Arafat, we have chosen another. Citing an unnamed Israeli newspaper as her source, Rowena Wall shows a 24Aug1929, 6AM, EET, Jerusalem chart on her website. Having done a preliminary rectification, we were surprised at how extremely well this chart works. Our only doubt is that Arafat has been reported to have been born in Cairo. With a Virgo Sun-Neptune conjunction in the twelfth(his recent confinement, etc.), Arafat easily bends the truth. Supposedly, he even boasted about destroying birth records to enhance his image. We therefore prefer Cairo, but this would then give a time of 6:15AM EET, as the MC and Ascendant degrees shown by Rowena appear to be correct. We are now working on a complete rectification, and hope to put it up here in the coming weeks. In the meantime, we recommend checking out this chart.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #16 - on: 09.05.2002 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

Please follow this link to view the natal and progressed charts and read a short summary of Yasser Arafat's biography and current status as Chairman of the Palestinan Authority. The natal chart is for August 24, 1929 at 2:00 AM.
The date of birth is recognized widely and the time is given in two references. http://www.propheticverses.com/Documents/Arafat.htm
Thanks.
A cluster of five Fixed Stares are within range of the 0 Virgo 20' of Arafat's Sun placement. Regulus is but one of them, according to an authoritative source http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/new_page_1.htm
With Sun: Power, authority, great influence over friends, honor and riches, but violence, trouble and ultimate disgrace and ruin, sickness, fevers, benefits seldom last. (Robson).
A closer star Pheceda ( 0 Virgo 29 Gamma Ursa Major) indicates: a quiet, prudent, suspicious, mistrustful, self-controlled, patient nature, but an uneasy spirit and great anger when roused. (Confirmed)
Praecipua - leader, chief Constellation Omicron Leo Minor 0 Virgo 53'
As well as: Megrez - constellation Delta Ursa Major 01 Virgo 04'
Influence of the constellation: It is said to give a quiet, prudent, suspicious, mistrustful, self-controlled, patient nature, but an uneasy spirit and great anger when roused. By the Kabalists it is associated with the Hebrew letter Zain and the 7th Tarot Trump "The Chariot". (Robson). (again confirmed)
 The Fixed Stars indicate, therefore, one destined to lead, however, with an aristocratic, temperamental nature and ultimate misfortune.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #17 - on: 16.05.2002 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Support yer local SPCA

Hey, wouldn't it be fun if the August 27 chart were the correct chart? Mars in difficult aspect to Uranus? It would mean that one of the leaders of Islamic fundamentalism is possibly gay? Saturn in the sixth at the apex of a Yod with Moon in 11th and Venus in 1st. We could move Arafat to San Francisco for a year and get him some comforting support groups to attend and when we send him back there would finally be peace in the Middle East.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #18 - on: 29.05.2002 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User The Truth

Arafat has his Natal Mars in Libta - un aspected. Later - in progrees it went Retrograde, then direct again. So you think his fight are justified???

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #19 - on: 25.06.2002 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

Transiting Saturn is now square to Arafat's natal Mercury in Virgo, and will be opposing it's natal position in July 2002 and again in January and March 2003. Arafat assumes invulnerability. He is the Palestinian state, as far as he's concerned. Bush or no Bush. Natal Uranus conj the Moon in the 10th. He will, however, have to prove it. Mercury will have to work overtime to hold that balance between opposing forces. With transiting Uranus squaring progressed Saturn, that may prove very difficult to do.
Bush's speech yesterday was courageous. He took a leadership stand which alone can lead to an end to terrorism in Israel, and as he hopes, will end terrorist powers around the globe. With the help of Sec of State Powell and his other advisors, he was able to discern the truth in the Middle East.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

Copyright © 2014 Astrodienst AG  - report a problem