Welcome as a guest in the Astrodienst forum. You can login to your Astro profile or register as a forum member.You can also remain in the guest status and navigate through this forum as a reader. 22.09.2014 at 13:12 [UT+1]

Forum Rules Home Help Search  
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Astro-Databank: Martin Luther King (Read 362 times)
Astro-Databank
Global Moderator
Astrodienst Staff
Adb editor

Astro-Databank: Martin Luther King
« on: 18.01.2002 at 12:30 [UT] »

Discussion about
Martin Luther King, born 15 January 1929 at 12:00 noon in Atlanta GA

This discussion is imported from the  comment board on the  previous astrodatabank.com website.

• How do you account for his charismatic oratory?
  • King delivered his "I have a dream" speech in August 1963 and received the Nobel Prize for peace in 1964. What was going on in his chart to bring such recognition?
  • What makes this the chart of a Nobel Peace winner?

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

re: Martin Luther King
« Reply #1 - on: 18.01.2002 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User JoAnn Lipscomb

Atlanta, GA is actually in the Eastern time zone. I'm getting a 23 Aries ascendent. Before I go any further, am I missing something? Did it change time zones?

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #2 - on: 18.01.2002 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Pankaj

The Prominence and fatality: 1.MC in the same degree as North Node. 2.10th lord Saturn conjunct Fixed stars Aculeus = 24 SAG 47 (Mar/Moon) Acumen = 27 SAG 43 (Mar/Moon) How could he deliver what the chart promised: Strong Ascendant with its lord Venus Exalted in 11th house - hopes, friends, organizations. Oratory, the dream thing and theatrical/histrionics: Neptune in 5th. The Prize during: Progressed Sun Trine Natal Jupiter and opp Natal Neptune the dreamer-Plot thickens here. Moon progressions that year(1964) Trine Venus,sextile ascendant,Semi sq Neptune,Conj Pluto, Trine its own natal position. PROGRESSED NEPTUNE RETROGRADES TO LEO AND CONJUNCTS FIXED STAR REGULUS:- The Regal dream is Rewarded.(with apologies for the capitals)

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #3 - on: 19.01.2002 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Pankaj

Correction: Neptune in 5th by Regiomantanus Houses

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #4 - on: 19.01.2002 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User John W. Hines

I notice that Martin Luther King's Moon, which governs his third house of communication, is involved in a T Square. (Moon in Pisces, Mars in Gemini, and Saturn in Saggitarius). Was he dyslexic?

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #5 - on: 19.01.2002 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Carole Hemingway

In every natal chart, Saturn indicates your "cross to bear", your karmic problem that you must confront and you cannot escape until you have confronted Saturn and dealt with it fully. King's karmic problems were two big ones. His Mars in Gemini opposite his Saturn in Sagittarius. Mars in Gemini is high strung, easily excited and gives expression through the voice like FDR (Franklin Delano Roosevelt). Anyone with Saturn in Sagittarius often gets delayed success and have more than their share of disappointments. Adversity teaches them wisdom later in life. King's Saturn would have made a fine lawyer; but that placement in Sagittarius also shows a high incidence of deaths for political reasons. Lincoln, Gandhi also died at the hands of an assassin at times when they were defending their beliefs. With King's Moon in Pisces, he had exceptionally strong psychic qualities and I believe it was his Pluto in Cancer trine to his Moon that gave him his sensitive and emotional delivery in all his speeches. His Moon-Saturn square must have made him comfortable with boundaries and one wonders if he was really ever close to anyone in his personal life since trust doesn't come easily for Moon-Saturn folks.
 On the day he was shot transit Uranus was in 26-degrees Virgo and in square to King's Saturn in his natal 8th house of death. James Earl Ray (born March 10, 1928 at 3 PM in Alton, Illinois) had his Sun in Pisces, in his 8th house along with his Saturn in Sagittarius (born a year apart. Ray's problems were rooted in a miserable childhood; he was in and out of prison all his life. When Ray shot King, King hurtled backward, his spinal cord ripped apart (King was a Capricorn, ruler Saturn and both rule the spinal cord and skeletal column).

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #6 - on: 19.01.2002 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Anthony Louis

1. How do you account for his charismatic oratory? If he was born around Noon, he has Taurus rising. Of all the signs of the zodiac, Taurus is the one most associated with the human voice. He also has Mercury in Aquarius elevated in the angular 10th house, a very powerful position for the planet that rules speech and the tongue in the sign that rules progressive ideas and human freedom. Mercury squaring his Ascendant gives great dynamism and energy to his speaking. The Noon time looks reasonable. He has Saturn in the 8th opposed by Mars, which is consistent with his manner of death. In addition, Jupiter rules the 8th and is posited in the 12th, also consistent with death at the hands of a secret enemy. 2. King delivered his "I have a dream" speech in August 1963 and received the Nobel Prize for peace in 1964. What was going on in his chart to bring such recognition? With the Noon birth time, King had transiting Neptune (dreams) exactly on his Descendant (other people, the public) at the time of his great speech in which he shared his dream with others. In addition, his progressed Sun was sextile his natal Jupiter. This was in effect all of 63 and 64. In 64 Jupiter trined his natal Saturn, and he then had a Jupiter return. 3. What makes this the chart of a Nobel Peace winner? His Ascendant ruler is Venus, which is highly dignified being in her exaltation and triplicity in the spiritual sign Pisces in the humanitarian 11th house (Regiomontanus). Venus is the goddess of love and peace, and King is especially identified with her.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #7 - on: 20.01.2002 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Bill Lindsay

Here is my commentary on the chart of Dr Martin Luther King, Jr...
1. Charisma in oratory...charisma is often a function of popularity. I immediately noted Mercury very high up in the chart, and in Aquarius, and Mars in the third house, governed by Gemini. Also Uranus in Aries, in the 11th. All of these are about equality and he was just as comfortable rolling up his sleeves with his public as he was in the pulpit...he was full of inspiring messages to motivate people. 2. Recognition....most notably during this whole period, Uranus and Pluto were cruising through his 5th House...and during the latter part of 1964 Jupiter was going through his 1st House, making a trine to his Sun...both of these transits bring recognition, and the Earth signs stand for ethics and position. The Sun is about high honors. Uranus is surprises, while Pluto is treasure. The 5th House is him as a performer, and in Virgo he sought to set the example for all, through his refinement and dedication to principle...well, almost. 3. It is certainly a chart of struggles. There are some strong squares here...Mercury at the top in Aquarius squares mighty Jupiter and the first house in Taurus. This is a very restless man...though he could have enjoyed many of the fruits of his labor which Jupiter in Taurus no doubt often does, he felt the pressure to go among his fellows and encourage freedom. He frequently struggled with the need to be stable and live a quiet life, rather than attract so much attention as an outspoken man. Plus (and Mars IS indeed challenged here), there is a square between the Moon and Mars, and the Moon and Saturn in the other direction. Trouble on the home front. With Moon in the 11th, his public was his home. I can also see, through Mars, the frequent threats to his safety, and with Saturn in the 8th, in Sagittarius, these threats were to end in his death. I have a hard time seeing any peace in his chart, with the Moon so challenged, so his life was given in the pursuit of it (???)...also Saturn in the 8th, being challenged, could suggest the meddling of the government in his life, and perhaps in his death as well....
Thanks again...

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #8 - on: 20.01.2002 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Steven Birchfield

A great speaker is one who can speak from his heart and soul. In Kings chart we find both the Lot of Fortune AND the Lot of Spirit in his Cancer/3rd house. This house deals in the delivery of communications, how a message is communicated. This house's ruler we find well placed in Pisces/11th alongside his chart ruler Venus who is in it's exaltation. Venus rules eloquence and those with an exalted Venus in their charts will have elequent voices. With Pluto also in the 3rd and trine the ruler of the third, the Moon, Kings message was one directed to reidentify people to a truth, that of repression and racism.
His emminence can also be found in studying the four Lots most closely connected to recognition. While there are some indications of a moderate amount of emminence in his natal, both the Lot of exaltation and the Lot of Basis are found in angles, Leo/4th and Taurus/1st respectively, what was really interesting was studying the synodic progressed chart. It is the Moons cycles in relation to the Sun. In August of 1964 ALL of the Rulers of the four lots indicating emminence, the Moon (Lots of Fortune and Spirit/Cancer), the Sun (the Lot of Exaltation/Leo) and Venus (the Lot of Basis/Taurus) were located in the 10th house of the fortuna derived chart. This is a clear indication of a moment of recognition.
To check the validity of this result I ran a random check of 4 other Nobel Laureates and found that in 2 of them which I chose, they had no outstanding indication of emminence in the natal but at least 2 rulers of these four lots were found in the 10th fortuna house in August of the year they received the Nobel prize. The other two had outstanding indications of emminence in the natal, with 2 or more of the Lots placed in angles (especially the 1st and 10th) as well as 2 or more of their rulers found in the 10th fortuna. I might add that one of them, Albert Schweitzer had all 4 of the lot's in each of the angles.
Living in Norway as I do, I've followed the Nobel choices over the last few years and what is significant about the August date is that nominations for the Nobel prize are submitted in February and the announcement of the winner is made the 3rd Sunday in October and the prize delivered the 10th of December. The actual choice however is made in August!

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #9 - on: 21.01.2002 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User C. Hermesdotter

Dear Lois, To my regret I think the chart is not the right one. Due to my specific research on Nostradamus, and therefor my extensive studies on murdered persons (Kennedy Bros, Anwar Sadat, Garfield etc.)(see my website Nostradamus-puzzle.net) I found out that in most cases the murdered person has Mars in the second house, making a bad angle with Moon (MLK 10th house) and making a connection or aspect with the eight house. But either the eight house or the second house should be in Scorpio or ruled by Uranus, at least that is what happened to all the killed persons. I think the birth hour makes too much of a difference to decide whether someone has charisma enough to even win a nobel prize. Is there no way to find out MLK's exact birthhour? Regards, C.Hermesdotter

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #10 - on: 21.01.2002 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Lois M. Rodden

C.Hermesdotter, Unfortunately, we can not get a B.C. from Georgia. As you see from the source notes, other astrologers have rectified the time to before-and-after noon. Lois

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #11 - on: 23.01.2002 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Wayne Turner

I recently became aware of the often strikingly appropriate symbolism of aspects involving the 9th harmonic--navamsha--aspect family. King has the powerful Jupiter/Neptune trine, as did many others, but it becomes more personal for him because his Mercury is binovile Jupiter and quadnovile Neptune, within one degree. "I have a dream..." Set your computer software to use the novile aspects with a 1 degree orb and enjoy seeing astrology come alive. Without a rectified chart I won't attempt to say anything specific about questions 2 and 3. Midpoints are often helpful though.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #12 - on: 24.01.2002 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Michael Bradford

The Vedic / sidereal chart of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. has numerous features which clearly indicate his life as a preacher, a fighter for equality and justice, and a great orator.  
The lord of his Aries ascending (sidereal) chart is Mars, quite fitting as "a symbol of the struggle against black segregation", as the bio puts it. This Mars is especially powerful by being retrograde (close to earth). Mars sits in the 2nd house of speech with Rahu, the North Node of the Moon, which connotes strong outer-worldly ambition (for justice in this case) and, when combined with Mars, great energy. Both of these characteristics are primary features of both the man (1st lord Mars) and his speeches (2nd house).
Further, Jupiter, the natural planetary significator of oratory, religion and justice, lord of the auspicious 9th house of higher learning, religion and father sits in his 1st house -- a fitting placement for a preacher with a father who was also a preacher! It also illustres the powerful impact his father had on him personally (1st house placement of 9th lord with dig bala or directional strength). That Jupiter sits in a rashi (constellation) of Mars, who is a mutual great friend of Jupiter, is indicative of the positive nature of their relationship. The entire dynamic is reinforced as Jupiter casts a 9th house aspect back to his own 9th house.
The lunar mansion rising is Bharani, primary meanings of which are very strong beliefs and a powerful desire to bring about social change and transformation, often with great pain and struggle. Could there be a more fitting symbol for King's life? Jupiter sits in the 1st house in Ashwini, a nakshatra connoting personal splendor and popularity. 1st lord Mars sits in his own lunar mansion of Mrigashirsha, which indicates a restless nature that is prone to travelling (especially the Taurus half), a prminent feature of King's life. Rahu tenants Krittika, whose symbol is a sharp cutting tool. This placement in the 2nd house of speech clearly indicates King's willingness to 'cut to the heart of the matter' in his speeches, no matter who it offended.
Saturn, lord of the 10th house of profession sits in the 9th house of higher learning, spirituality and father, in the lunar mansion of Mula, which is noted for deep, profound knowledge of the subject indicated (religion and justice in this case due to Saturn's 9th house placement, and rashi ownership and special aspect of Jupiter).  
In addition, the Sun, planet of dignity, power and authority, lord of the 5th house of intelligence, guidance and counseling, sits with Nercury, the planetary significator of communication and speech and lord of the 3rd house of communication in the 10th house of career and public standing. The Sun, who is especially strong as he has dig bala or directional stregth, tenants his own lunar mansion of Uttarashada, a primary connotation of which is that the native is highly regarded and respected for their beliefs. Mercury sits in the lunar mansion of Sharavana which connotes the oral transmission of wisdom or revealed knowledge. This Sun / Mercury combination is even more important because Mercury is not combust and they form a Buddha-Aditya (unbounded knowing) yoga (very strong because Sun rules the 5th house of intelligence).
From 1955 to 1972, MLK was in a Mercury dasha or life cycle. Mercury, as noted above, sits in his 10th house of career and is a major contributor to his oratorical ability. This clearly indicates major focus on career as an orator in this time. In 1964 he entered a Mars bhukti or sub-cycle of Mercury. It is quite appropriate that he would receive the Nobel prize for Peace in the dasha-bhukti of his 10th lord and 1st lord.
This chart is a striking example of the enormous power of confluence and the key role played by the nakshatras or lunar mansions. It eminently befits someone whose courage, strengh, dignity, personal convictions, intellignece, and oratorical ability made him a Nobel laureate and moved mountains in the field of equality and human rights.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #13 - on: 25.01.2002 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Southern Cross

Although he was not verbally adroit in private conversation(Newsweek, 15Apr1968, p. 38), MLK´s oratory possessed "visionary force and powerful lyricism"(Mercury square Asc., semi-square eighth-house Saturn, and semi-sextile ruling Venus in Pisces). Since he did not compose all of his own words, it also helped to have good speechwriter friends(Pisces Moon in eleventh rules third of communication/IC and disposes and trines Pluto in third). Since Teddy Roosevelt, Le Duc Tho, and Menachem Begin all won the Nobel Peace prize, it is easy to be cynical, but even these "mistakes" identify the wishful thinking Piscean/twelfth-house nature of the award. MLK was a "Black Horse"(Saturn in Sagittarius Grand Trine) Christian religious(Neptune) and political(Jupiter) leader(Sun semi-sextile Saturn), who presented the Civil Rights movement´s best face. Jupiter(in twelfth of "front men" and secret enemies) and self-abnegating Pisces Venus-Moon show his potential for martyrdom and made him deserving of the Nobel, which was bestowed with Saturn near his eleventh Koch cusp. In 1964, MLK´s converse MC at 25*Sag. and progressed Ascendant at 22*Gemini also activated the natal Saturn-Mars opposition, bringing recognition(Saturn) for his non-violent initiatives(Mars rules twelfth). In April, 1968, the converse MC at 22*Sag. and progressed Asc. at 25*Gemini brought his death(natal Saturn in eighth). These progressed angles indicate that Noon is in fact the correct time. On Aug. 28, 1963, Saturn at 318*38' exactly retrograded the US July 4th rectified Adams chart´s natal Moon. After his historic "I have a dream" speech, MLK was received by JFK(natal Saturn 28*Cancer= King´s IC) and LBJ at the White House. MLK´s death is also apparent on the US chart, with aspects to the MC-IC axis and 15*Aries TrSaturn-Sun opposing US natal Saturn at 15*Libra. Those using Chiron can also see that MLK had a twelfth-house Jupiter(eighth-house death ruler)- Chiron(wounding) conjunction, and when he was killed TrMars= natal Chiron while a semi-sextile from event ruler TrChiron activated natal Jupiter. Since some astrologers seriously defend the odd view that the US was not born on the Fourth of July, we here challenge them to present their own explanations of MLK´s most important speech and the circumstances of his death.
 MLK´s role in American history has interesting parallels with the "black horse" of the Apocalypse. Revelation 4:4-9 describes the four beasts(living creatures) "full of eyes before and behind"(thus seeing far more than ordinary beasts), which are the four fixed signs of Leo(lion), Taurus(calf), Aquarius(man), and Scorpio(flying eagle). As the Lamb opens the third seal, the third beast(Aquarius) invites us to come and behold a "black(Saturn) horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances(in Libra) in his hand"(Rev. 6:5). Old Testament Zechariah 6:6 also speaks of "black horses which go forth into the north country". No one is required to believe or disbelieve biblical prophecy, but if skeptics know of another northern country fitting this astrological description, please let us know. St. John then warns to "hurt not the oil(US energy policy?) and the wine"(Rev. 6:6). Trying to be better Christians than wine-drinking Jesus(see our O´Connor comments where Jesus´s MC= US Uranus), the Temperance movement imposed the utterly sterile(Uranus) Prohibition Amendment(trine Saturn). This mistake of biblical proportion led to the consolidation of organized(Saturn) crime(Uranus in twelfth) in the lawless Roaring Twenties(TrUranus in Pisces). MLK paid with his own life to help achieve overdue(Saturn) racial justice(Libra). Largely unreported in the US media, in 1999 the King family won a civil suit against L. Jowers and unnamed co-conspirators in the Memphis plot. Jowers had received money to hire a contract killer from Frank Liberto, Memphis produce man and associate of the New Orleans Marcello family. Liberto reportedly said "we have a patsy"(James Earl Ray), as Lee Harvey Oswald had previously been a Marcello patsy. A 1970´s congressional investigation also found evidence of such a conspiracy, but the details remain a government(US MC ruler Uranus) secret(in twelfth house).

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #14 - on: 30.01.2002 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Jonathan Dunn

I've been in the habit lately of looking at Chariklo for charisma - in his case, Chariklo is 0:56 Cancer Rx - which is right on the midpoint of the Jupiter-Neptune trine above. It also closely aspects the Uranus - 1992 QB1 Square. This square appears in Gandhi's chart as well and may be an clue to 1992 QB1's nature (1992 QB1 is the first trans-plutonian body which was discovered) Jupiter 1:10 Taurus Neptune 0:54 Virgo rx
Chariklo 0:56 Cancer rx Uranus 3:57 Aries 1992 QB1 2:59 Capricorn  
King has the Sun rather close to 1996 TL66 natally:  
Sun 25:06 Capricorn 1996 TL66 29:34 Capricorn  
At the time of the "I have a Dream" speech, 1996 TL66 was closely opposite Sun, Venus, and Uranus http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Centaurs/message/7278
The influence of 1996 TL66 seems to be transformative or cataclysmic in a much more pointed way than Pluto ...  

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #15 - on: 25.02.2002 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Maria Nobre

In trying to approach this complex study, I tried to keep in mind both the spirituality and the socially "revolutionary" character of Martin's message, and the contradictions of his life as a human being.
For the study, I used - besides the resourses online at Astrodatabank - charts drawn using the Placidua system for the different dates suggested. Because I ignore at what time the speech was delivered, as well as the time of the Nobel Prize attribution, I used a noon horoscope for both cases. Now, to the comments:
In the bisth Chart, the grand trine between Jupiter and Chiron in the twelveth house in Taurus, Neptune in Virgo in the fifth house and Saturn in Sagitarius in the eigth house, shows the powerful spiritual side (Jupiter and Saturn) being structured (Saturn) into a form of aspiration (Sagitarius). In this case, I would dare to say that it is an aspiration (Sagitarius) to change structures (Saturn) according to a more spiritual perspective (Jupiter in the twelveth Trine Neptune in Virgo). It is also a form of Service (Neptune in Virgo) to others. One should note that the fact that this Trine has two of its "feet" on earth and the third one on "fire" may have given the right amount of balance between a mere ideal or aspiration and the ability to do something about it, to materialize the ideal. He was capable of structuring his ideals to make them work out in a creative way - that was a way of service (Virgo) to others - all of this activity fuelled by his spiritual convictions (Jupiter in the twelveth Trine Neptune in the fifth).
The fact that Jupiter and Chiron are in the twelfth could also denote the existence of "hidden ennemies" - and, with the Chiron, ennemies that would "hurt him".
Another important aspect is the one of the opposition between Mars and Saturn. With Saturn in the eigth house, opposed by Mars, one could already wonder about the possibility of a violent death. But what is so interesting is the cycle pattern of these two planets throughout Martin's life! One can look at is closely, and if we jump to the moment of death, for instance, we can conclude that - this opposition at birth time - turned into a conjunction at the moment of death close to his natal Uranus! This Uranus aspect may be linked to the suddeness of the shoopting that lead to his death. As if the "resolution" of the natal opposition aspect came through the conjunction of the two planets involved, bringing together the potentiality for violence and suddenly (Uranus) realizing it. Martin had the time to go through a whole Saturn cycle, and much of a second one, before death. He was also approaching his Uranus opposition. Natal Cancer has Pluto in it - and at the moment of death the transiting Moon has just been through the natal twelfth house planets, being on the Ascendant.
Another interesting asoect is that his Natal conjunction of Venus and the Moon in Pisces is, at the moment of death, being opposed by a conjunction of Uranus and Pluto in Virgo. And transiting Sun is exactly between Venus and the Moon, in the centre of this opposition.
Looking at the "I have a Dream" aspects, there are also interesting factors to analyse. First, there are multiple planets in Virgo (Service) including a conjunction of the Sun and Venus, followed by another of Uranus and Pluto. This denotes the real "revolution" in the service of all those that were segregated and that toiled through life with an unjust treatment by their peers. Analysing the speech, one can only notice the different times in which Martin talks about "the urgency of now", "have a dream today" and also about the passing of time, acknowledging the need for change and renewal - all of this denotes a strong Uranian influence, questioning the existing structures and proposing changes now.  
With Saturn transiting the tenth house, Martin speaks of the "high plane of dignity and discipline" and makes several mentions of "the solid rock of brotherhood".
With transiting Chiron between his natal Venus and Moon, he talks of his Brothers and Sisters as "the veterans of creative suffering" - an aspect that shows his Piscean ability for self-sacrifice and collective redemption. This aspect is also a reflection of his strong Jupiter Neptune influence, as well as of the inspirational influence of Neptune in Virgo. For instance, when he says "continue to work (Virgo) with the faith (Neptune) that unearned suffering is redemptive".
Turning, now, to the Nobel Prize aspects, on that day, Moon conjunct Saturn are on his tenth house, bringing both responsibility and recognition - this surging in a meaningful Trine to a beautiful conjunction of Venus and Neptune in Scorpio (his natal seventh house).
[continued in next posting]

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #16 - on: 25.02.2002 at 12:30 [UT] »

[continued from posting above:] by Maria Nobre
His dreams acquire popularity and recognition, although after years of effort (Saturn on the tenth bringing delays and the need to fight hard for one's wishes and ideals or dreams). Transiting Sun in Sagitarius is opposed to the North Node in Gemini - transiting Sun is in the natal eigth house and approaching natal Saturn. The Sun conjunct the South Node could mean that he is "receiing" what karmically he has already worked for (South Node bringing things that come from the past, that are easy to obtain because they've been "earned" before).  
On the other hand, transiting Mars is between Uranus and Pluto in Virgo, creating an exponential energy and power used for his dreams (natal fifth house).
Martin's death shows a transiting Moon conjunct his North Node, a trnsiting Jupiter conjunct natal Neptune in the fifth house in Virgo. It also shows a conjuction of transiting Venus and Mercury on the natal Mercury on the tenth house - supporting the fact that his death occurred while he is living a period of popularity and recognition and during one of his "speeches".
I have already mentioned the important aspect of the transiting Uranus and Pluto opposition to the natal Moon and Venus - which, again, happens in the Pisces Virgo axis - which could also be indicative of the violent death "in service" (Virgo) of the "spiritual ideal" (Pisces).
But the most interesting aspect, for me, because of it's temporal pattern, is the aspect formed by the transiting conjunction of Mars and Saturn near the natal Uranus, while in the natal chart Mars and Saturn had an opposition between the second and eighth houses. These houses being Gemini and Sagitarius, could this have to do with the type of death? Since shooting involves a fiery aspect, but also the air element through which the bullet is propelled?
These comments do not intend to be exhaustive. But Martin's case is an interesting matter for study, especially if one takes to the more spiritual side of it

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #17 - on: 14.10.2003 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User adwefgtrght

i neeed to know what martin luther king's bith name was. he changed it to that after a german monk who started the protestant religion! try to find out his real name!answer fast!

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #18 - on: 02.05.2005 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User inez parker

Did King every had and affraid with any other womans?I really like to know more about King.Why did James Earl Ray shot Martin Luther King at 6:01?I really like king because of what he did for us,he really put a good mine to me I would like him.keep praying for his rigths

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #19 - on: 06.09.2007 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Raymond Andrews

Eris in Aries in 12th - Selfless service involving fighting for equal rights Eris conjunct Aries Pt - '38 - Equal Rights Issues in the Public Eye Mercury square Mars/Eris - '29 - Communicating assertively about equal rights issues Jupiter semisquare Neptune/Eris - '24 - Preaching about total acceptance of equality Saturn square Moon/Eris - '14 - Restrictions conflict against feelings of equality Neptune sesquiquadrate Jupiter/Eris - '01 - inspiring to expand equal rights Node square Sun/Eris - '24 - making connections in highlighting equal rights issues Ascendant square Saturn/Eris - '49 - limitations of equality in the environment Midheaven square Node/Eris - '51 - life purpose of making connections in regards to equal rights issues Midheaven sextile Eris - 2'26 - life purpose involves equal rights issues

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

Copyright © 2014 Astrodienst AG  - report a problem