Uranus12Aries51'17"r4n27
    Neptune4Pisces49'31"10s26
    Pluto11Capricorn59' 4"20s40
    TrueNode18Libra17'14"r7s10
    Chiron13Pisces5'54"2s11
    Explanations of the symbols
    Chart of the moment
| My Astro | Forum | FAQ
Welcome as a guest in the Astrodienst forum. You can login to your Astro profile or register as a forum member.You can also remain in the guest status and navigate through this forum as a reader. 25.11.2014 at 20:23 [UT]

Forum Rules Home Help Search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
Astro-Databank: Marilyn Monroe (Read 4604 times)
Astro-Databank
Global Moderator
Astrodienst Staff
Adb editor

Astro-Databank: Marilyn Monroe
« on: 14.04.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

Discussion about
Marilyn Monroe, born 1 June 1926 at 09:30 AM in Los Angeles CA

This discussion is imported from the  comment board on the  previous astrodatabank.com website.

• What in the chart would lead her to be voted #1 in Playboy's 100 sexiest stars of the century?
  • What were the inner conflicts that fueled her depression? Here's a big hint: "I knew I belonged to the public and to the world, not because I was talented or even beautiful, but because I had never belonged to anything or anyone else." .. plus a Moon-Neptune-Saturn T-square with Saturn in the 4th.
  • Her official cause of death on Aug 5, 1962 was a drug overdose. But there have been intimations that she may have been murdered through a Kennedy connection because she was threatening to talk after the brothers cut off all contact with her. Does the chart indicate murder or suicide?

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

re: Marilyn Monroe
« Reply #1 - on: 04.06.2001 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Jpolis

I only want to comment on #3. I believe she was murdered by certain political operatives. Marilyn had the fixed star Aldebaran conjunct her Sun @ 9 degrees Gemini in the tenth. According to Robson this conjunction gives a tendency to sedition and can be contentious. Bernadette Brady says that Aldebaran ( the Bulls' Eye) demands particular ethical standards of its natives which if adhered to can lead to great success. Aldebaran also is connected to politics and assassinations; JFK had the Sun/Aldebaran conjunction also. Its power will demand the natives speak truth even in dangerous situations.  
I think Marilyn knew too much due to her relationship with Bobby Kennedy and indicated to him that if he ended their affair she would speak out. She went too far and was killed... A better example of Aldebaran's energies in her career can be found in her tussles with 20th Century Fox , where she obeyed her conscience in fighting the executives there for better roles. At her Saturn return she left the studio, disobeying orders to do yet another shit film, and began her studies at the Actor's Studio in NYC.. There she honed her craft to the extent that her talent shines in films like "Bus Stop' and "Some Like It Hot". In this case Aldebaran as the Zarathustrian "lord of contracts" gave her much success in her field. These energies lead to her assassination in 1962 however.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #2 - on: 17.04.2001 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Demian K Allan

Taking a look at Marilyn's chart and to answer some of your questions in regard to her chart. Her sex appeal would be helped by her strong influence of Neptune in her chart. Neptune in her first house in Leo denotes a sensitive soul who would have a keen advantage in the movies (Neptune rules films). However it would also make her have an escapist personality through drink and drugs. Her depression is made clear by the aspect of Neptune and Saturn in the fourth house, which can indicate a struggle in ones early life, with hard lessons to learn. The Saturn influence would have projected badly on her persona making that aspect to Neptune with her Rising sign ruler the Sun also in the tenth house of ego. This combination would have made her put to much pressure on herself to succeed and escape from her early upbringing.  
Uranus and Mars in the eighth house would indicate a short sharp death clouded by again Neptune as her strongest planet in her chart.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #3 - on: 14.04.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Anon.

This site was very helpful in my research for a psychoanalytic paper on Marilyn Monroe.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #4 - on: 14.04.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Frances Lee Rainbolt

The whole of Marilyn's mental life and the influence of Mother and Grandmother can be seen in the following midpoint: Saturn = Moon/Ceres. In Fagan-Allen the Moon is in Capricorn with a Rx Saturn in Libra.
Her century sexuality could be detected in a grand trine involving her Saturn/Vesta/Mars in water signs. Her tropical Moon in Aq has had Transit Uranus pass over this point since the first of the year with the Playboy announcement.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #5 - on: 14.04.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Pablo Pena

I am a vedic astrologer and therefore all of the statements I will make are based on the Hindu system of astrology and the sidereal zodiac.  
1) In regards to sexiness:  
There are many factors. The 8th house rules sexual attractiveness, longevity, secrets, miseries, misfortune. Beneficial planets there strengthen that house, though they themselves are destroyed. In her case Jupiter and Mars constitute a supreme raja-yoga as lords of the best houses 5,9th and 10th converge, one of the best possible configuration of planets to benefit a house, hence her incredibly sex appeal. But note that this did not necessarily bring her happiness as the 8th is considered the worst house. But it gave a strong libido, life force and sexual attraction. Also she's a Cancer ascendent with lord of the ascendant moon, in the passionate 7th house. In addition the dispositor of the moon, Saturn is exalted in libra and receiving a beneficial aspect from Venus. She was bound for popularity.  
2) In regards to inner conflicts and depression:  
Well, as I stated the 8th house destroyed her true good fortune and happiness as her best planets were in the worst house. Also Hindu scriptures declare that a retrograde planet reverses its disposition. In other words an exalted planet in retrogression acts as though fallen and visa-versa for a debilitated planet. She had an exalted but retrograde Saturn in the 4th house of the heart, mind, mother and emotions (as well as the house of popularity). So it behaved as though debilitated giving her a crazy mother, anguished, unsatisfied emotions and sense of a broken heart. Notice that with regard to superficial characteristics Saturn "acted" as an exalted planet giving her massive fame, popularity, fixed assets, vehicles and other such surface level 4th house matters. Also the Navamsha chart (the 1/9th divisional chart) shows an isolated moon in the 8th house, again emotional loss and unhappiness.  
3) With regard to drug abuse and her death:  
Drugs in Hindu astrology are known as "bad food". The consumption of alcohol and drugs is related to the 2nd house (of consumption), the status of it's lord and influencing planets. In her case Mars aspects both the 2nd house and it's lord Sun which would indicate some problems in that area. Also the Sun is associated with Mercury, the 12th lord (considered a malefic planet for Cancers) so it's not surprising that she would turn to drugs and alcohol. As far as her death, it's highly unlikely that hers was a suicide. She has an enormously strong 8th house (longevity) and would likely had survived any such attempt. And Hindu scriptures state that the 3rd house Lord (representing the hands) must aspect or be somehow associated with the lord of the ascendant for someone to "take their life into their own hands".  
Mercury her 3rd lord has no association with the moon and furthermore the moon receives no malefic aspects. It's kind of fishy. Foul play is much more likely  
Also one last point. There is a system for timing events known as Vimshottari dasha in Vedic astrology. In Marilyn Monroe's chart she was running Jupiter-Mars-Rahu (north node of the moon). The former 2 planets are in the 8th house of death and Rahu is in the 12th house (the last house and to a lesser degree a house of death). So a good astrologer could have foreseen a very dangerous period here and a very high likely hood of death or serious injury.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #6 - on: 14.04.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Bill Autrey

I have been researching the book "Lilith" by Delphine Jay for some years now. Marilyn has Lilith in Scorpio in the fourth house which is defined as feeling lost from the family with the ability to turn on the passion flow at will. I wish more people would research this gem of a book. This one placement tells me the story of Marylin. FYI.  
Just another reason not to be locked in to equal houses.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #7 - on: 14.04.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Glenn Perry

Dear Mark,  
I'd like to respectfully comment on some of the questions you've asked regarding the chart of Marilyn Monroe. She's been someone that I've taken interest in, and I've spent quite a bit of time studying her life, her chart, and talking about it in various classes and lectures.  
My concern is that when you ask: "What in the chart would lead her to be voted #1 in Playboy's sexiest stars of the century?" you are implying that astrology is capable of answering such questions. First, I don't believe it is. Her popularity was a mix of extraordinary beauty (largely genetic), overcompensation, psychological complexes, and a host of other subtle factors that would be impossible to identify in a chart. Second, the question implies that a "good" astrologer should be able to pinpoint the astrological corollaries to Marilyn's appeal. What are we going to say? Leo rising and Neptune in the 1st house opposing her Moon gave her a certain warmth and glamour and little-lost-sex-kitten quality? How many other people have this that are not remotely similar to Marilyn? Questions like this, as well as the one about "does her chart indicate suicide or murder?" encourage inflation in astrologers -- the presumption that we can know things that we cannot know. I think this is a huge problem in the field and I am concerned that some of your questions are merely going to perpetuate it.  
Of course you will get people to respond and they will all make their claims about having identified "the" astrological factor in the chart that accounts for Marilyn's sex appeal, beauty, and suicide/murder. But I suspect all such claims are vacuous. Worse, they are pretentious, grandiose, and do damage to our profession's credibility.  
Your second question, about her depression, is a good one because it has to do with inner conflicts and psychological dilemmas, which the chart CAN symbolize, and about which we can respectfully speculate. However, final outcomes like #1 sex star and murder/suide are not good because they are, at best, reflected by the whole chart, which always is greater than the sum of its parts. All we can know are a few parts and make educated guesses about final outcomes. When it comes to murder/suicide, I find the question offensive. Are we encouraging astrologers to presume that they can know whether someone's death was a murder or a suicide? What's next? predicting how the client is going to die? Is this an astrological service/knowledge-claim that we want to encourage?  
Anyway, I had to let off a little steam about this one, because it's an important issue. Hope I didn't offend anyone.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #8 - on: 14.04.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Michael Bradford

I find it very interesting that Andy Griffith was born on the same day as Marilyn Monroe, 2 1/2 hours later (3:00 PM EST) in North Carolina. Given how different their lives were, it raises questions in my mind about attributing a trait in a person's life to a planetary aspect alone. It would seem to indicate that house position and rulership must also be critically important factors in any delineation and should always be taken into consideration.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #9 - on: 14.04.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Teresa Hamilton

What makes a woman project sex appeal in the eyes of men? Aside from a shapely feminine body, Marilyn Monroe radiated a quality of wide-eyed innocence that was guaranteed to make a man both want to care for her and seduce her. Astrologically, where does this quality come from? In the Indian system of astrology, a woman is said to be truly female if her ascendant, Sun and Moon are all in feminine signs. And we find this to be true in Marilyn's (Sidereal) chart.  
Cancer rises with Neptune, and the Moon as ascendant lord aspects the ascendant itself from Capricorn, a feminine sign. (In the Sidereal zodiac, Capricorn has an Aquarian quality.) The Sun is with Mercury in a Venus ruled sign, Taurus, and Venus itself dominates the chart from the 10th house. Taken together, these factors produced the ultimate in feminine mystique and sex appeal.  
Saturn in Libra from the 4th house aspecting both the Moon and Venus gave Monroe a deep sense of personal loneliness. It's the nature of the feminine to receive, to want to belong and to want to be loved. In the Tropical zodiac, all of Marilyn's key planets are in masculine signs: Leo rises with Neptune, the Moon and Jupiter are in Aquarius, and the Sun and Mercury are in masculine Gemini. Is anyone listening here?! Marilyn projected the ultimate in femininity. Shouldn't female signs dominate her chart?  
How about Arnold Schwarzenegger, the masculine counterpart of physical beauty. The ascendant is the body. As a Mr. World and Mr. Universe winner and movie strong man, shouldn't Arnold have planets aspecting his ascendant from masculine signs? In the Tropical zodiac Arnold has Cancer rising with Mercury, the Moon aspecting the ascendant from Capricorn, and Jupiter trining the ascendant from Scorpio. These are all feminine signs. In the Sidereal zodiac these signs are all reversed to masculine ones.  
On the night she died, Marilyn Monroe had the Sun on her ascendant with Rahu (N. Node). Saturn, a malefic and lord of 7th and 8th, was in opposition with Ketu (S. Node) from the 7th. Neptune was in the 4th squaring this opposition. Transiting Jupiter had returned to its natal 8th house position, and was only a degree from the cusp. In Marilyn's Sidereal (Jyotish) chart Jupiter is lord of the 6th house of enemies and 9th house of rulers and government. With Neptune and the mysterious, unpredictable nodes involved at the time of her death, it's more than likely that we don't have all the facts surrounding this event.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #10 - on: 14.04.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Colletta

It would seem to me that the interesting aspects of Mars Conjunct Uranus in the 8th house (with Neptune ruling that house...) trining Pluto in the 12th would probably lead me to believe more in the fact that she was murdered as opposed to suicide.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #11 - on: 14.04.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User E. Alan Meece

Ronald C. Davison in his classic text Astrology (Arc Books, 1963) did a study of Marilyn Monroe's chart, on pages 164-67. It was one of two sample deliniations that he made in the book (the other was Charles Lindburgh). Although he had a slightly earlier birth time (9:09 AM) the positions are the same and even closer in the above chart. Among his interpretations bearing on question #1: The planet of glamour (Neptune) rises in the sign of showmanship (Leo) in trine to the planet of beauty (Venus) on the cusp of and ruling the house of career....The Sun and its dispositor are in the 11th house, which with the fifth forms the sector related to show business.  
Regarding question 2:Marilyn's parents separated as soon as she was born, abandoning her to the tender care of an orphanage (Saturn in 4th, heredity, homelife, square Moon, Jupiter and Neptune; Fortuna square Pluto in Cancer) and before she was nine she was looked after by 11 different families, all abjectly poor, each with a different set of moral standards (Saturn square Neptune)... Regarding #3: Her unfortunate death from an overdose of drugs in circumstances which suggested suicide is a sad testimony to the power of the Saturn-Neptune square, which seems to have dominated the life...  
Notes from me: Note that a Saturn-Neptune square was happening when JFK was killed, amid allegations of conspiracy. The mass suicides at Jonestown Guyana also happened under a Saturn-Neptune square.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #12 - on: 14.04.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Tom Clewis

On the night she died, Marilyn Monroe had some intriguing aspects in her chart. The most interesting was that she had transiting mars squaring natal mars. This indicates that she may have have been exposed to some seriously harsh physical energy that night. Transiting pluto squaring natal mercury; showing tremendous mental pressure; and transiting mercury squaring natal saturn; apparently indicating a serious bout with depression. Suicide? Maybe. Murder??!?! Strong possibility!!!

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #13 - on: 14.04.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Sy Scholfield

THE SEXIEST STAR OF THE CENTURY? Or, the past two centuries? Monroe had both planets that were discovered this century -- Pluto (sex) and Chiron (symbol) -- conjunct their discovery degrees. And more, besides. Her Venus/Neptune (goddesses) Midpoint falls on the Uranus (star) discovery degree, and Jupiter (hype) is placed on the Neptune (glamour) discovery degree.  
Barbara Hand Clow in her "Chiron: Rainbow Bridge Between the Inner and Outer Planets" describes the subject with a Chiron/Venus conjunction as one who "experiences an orgasmic fusion with the cosmos." Marilyn had this aspect high in the sky and the description fits her all over!  
The wide conjunction of Mars and Uranus in Pisces in the Eighth House (of her sexuality) is also important. Mars disposits her Venus in Aries and Uranus disposits her Moon in Aquarius. There's no aspect between her Venus and Moon -- the two female inner planets. However, she fills the sexual imagination -- think of her when her skirt blew up as she stood legs apart over the subway grill and also of her baring her top in her nude calendar -- because both Venus and Moon are aspected by Neptune (photography, filmography, imagination), the ruler of her Eighth House (of the desired). And to complete the circuit (and the mass circulation of imagery infused with her blatant, electric sexual energy) Neptune disposits her Mars/Uranus in Pisces in the Eighth.  
No doubt she was voted #1 by Playboy readers because heterosexual men related to her idealized gender difference -- i.e. her ULTRA-FEMININITY -- explained by her almost total lack of masculine planets in masculine signs or houses. Her Sun and Mercury are conjunct in Gemini but otherwise they're unaspected. Her only masculine planet in a masculine house is her Jupiter in Aquarius in the Seventh, but then this energy is feminized considerably through its conjunction with the Neptune discovery degree (and aspects to all three water planets). On the other hand, Monroe had five of the six feminine planets (Moon, Venus, Chiron, Neptune, Pluto, but not Saturn) in masculine houses, so she projected femininity.  
Moreover, Saturn in sexy Scorpio is prominently placed at the chart base, in two patterns, and almost as a bucket handle. Invincible Pluto is dispositor, with her (hardy) Saturn comprising the planet at the base of her fixed T-Square AND the angular planet in her (moody, sensitive) Grand Water Trine. With that Saturn (fame/age) in Scorpio (beyond death) in her 4th House (womanliness) so stressed, don't expect the sexy reputation of this curvaceous forever-young candle-in-the-wind to wane.  
INNER CONFLICTS THAT FUELED HER DEPRESSION? Just look at the South Node-Mars-Neptune-Moon Boomerang. South Node in Capricorn (sextiled and disposited by Saturn in Scorpio, and opposed by Pluto ) manifested as chronic depression about the deep sexual problems (including rape in childhood) always in her past. Mars in Pisces in the Eighth and its dispositor Neptune on Ascendant were subsequently experienced through an insecure sex drive and escape through drugs, and the angular Moon in the Seventh meant projection of her womanliness onto the public as an attempt to find herself. With these planets fueling themselves in a Boomerang pattern she rebounded all her life between depression about her past, sex, drugs and desire for public recognition.  
MURDER OR SUICIDE? Who knows? With Mars in Pisces in the 8th House (of death) quincunx its dipositor, rising (continuing) Neptune (mystery) and Neptune ruling the Eighth, the theories about her death seem to go backwards and forwards.. Moreover, with the Sun (dispositor of her Eighth-house ruler, Neptune) unaspected except for a close conjunction with its dispositor Mercury (which has no dispositors because it's locked in its own Gemini decanate of its own sign Gemini) speculation and gossip about her death will no doubt continue along this current. I thought that transiting Chiron/Pluto in Sagittarius opposite her natal Sun/Mercury might have shed light on that lost diary or any involvement of those high-profile brothers in her mysterious death -- particularly as Mercury is placed at the midpoint between her Mars and Neptune -- but apparently they didn't. Marilyn died when transiting Sun (father figures) conjuncted her Leo Ascendant (forcing her to face her own masculine side) and indicating that whether it was murder or suicide (or a bit of both), "hyper-masculinity" contributed to her death. I mean by this attention to hyper-masculinity, that Marilyn had trouble integrating her masculine side and attracted males (on a mass scale) who desired the hyper-femininity they projected upon her.
[continued in next posting]

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #14 - on: 14.04.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

[continued from posting above:] by Sy Scholfield
Also at the time of her death, transiting Mercury (writings) conjuncted her Neptune (mystery), and while her missing diary may never turn up I hope that she wrote her heart out for her own sake

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #15 - on: 14.04.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Julene Johnson

Whether or not one call tell if a death is a murder or suicide by the natal chart is beyond me, none the less, I am intrigued, but had to adopt a different approach. Using 10:00pm 8/5/62 as the deciding house cusps for that moment in time/space, I put the natal charts of Marilyn, John, and Robert around that, so their planets would fall in the houses of that moment. Here is what I saw: Scorpio ruling the 8th house of the 'phone call' chart. Gemini ruling the 3rd, and the 12th began w/ Aquarius and ended in Pisces. Looking at Robert's planets; his Sun & Saturn both fall in the 8th house of that time. His Mars is also in Scorpio, but in the 7th. Could he be angry or resentful with his partnership w/ Marilyn? Could he seek vengeance behind the scenes w/ Saturn in the name of politics and bring it to light w/ the Sun? Robert's Uranus is in the 12th is Pisces. Could he make a sudden change in the mystical house of secrets & sorrows?

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #16 - on: 14.04.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Southern Cross

Venus in sextile with Jupiter and in trine with Neptune gave Marilyn physical beauty and charm, and the Jupiter-Moon conjunction opposite the eighth- house ruler Neptune in showy Leo made her a sexual enchantress. Depressive Saturn forms a T-square with this opposition, and in the fourth house created the difficult circumstances of her childhood as well as her last days. Mars-Uranus in the eighth house indicates an unusual death, shrouded in Piscean mystery.  
Although ethics call for extreme caution in discussing death with living clients, there is no valid reason to neglect astrology's potential in researching Marilyn and her controversial end. Fixed star Scheat conjunct natal Uranus can indicate suicide or murder. Fixed star Unukalhai conjunct natal Saturn can indicate drugs, accidents, danger of poisoning and secret crime. Marilyn supposedly died at 4:25 AM PDT on August 5th, however, Sergeant Jack Clemmons (the first policeman called to the scene) noticed that rigor mortis had set in, and this was confirmed by the coroner. Remembering Saturn, the already cold body and the inaccurate time of death first lent weight to the secret crime hypothesis. Additionally, Mars in the eighth is more in tune with the dramatic events described by Miro Speriglio, Donald H. Wolfe and others than with Marilyn gently expiring after a self-administered drug overdose. By the K.I.S.S. (Keep it simple, stupid) principle, Uranus (rules 7th)and Mars (rules 9th) in the eighth indicate her death may have involved enemies from outside L.A., and this has certainly been alleged.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #17 - on: 14.04.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User

Marilyn has Saturn as the focal point of a T-Square; the opposing planets are the Moon and Neptune. Moon-Saturn aspects are often signs of susceptibility to depression; Neptune, being the ultra-subjective, fantasy planet, will only make this worse.  
Note that the Moon and Neptune are also in foreground areas, being closer to angles than to the succedent house cusps. (Other foreground planets include the Venus-Chiron conjunction, which also trines Black Moon Lillith.)  
Saturn also forms a Grand Trine with Mars (ugh) and the North Node (double ugh!)  
In her Sidereal Solar Return for 1962 (3:59:59PM, PDT, Los Angeles, CA), Mars is in a foreground area, approaching the Descendant. It also trines SSR Pluto, the natal Black Moon Lillith, and conjuncts the natal Venus-Chiron conjunction. It's as if Mars were literally attacking and bringing down Marilyn's beauty, femininity, and ability to heal herself. The SSR Sun trines a Saturn-South Node conjunction and squares Pluto, making the individual vulnerable to things Saturnian and Plutonian. Using the SSR house cusps, the natal Moon-Saturn-Neptune T-Square, along with the natal Mars and Uranus, all make aspects to angles. The SSR Neptune also forms a T-Square to Saturn and the North Node, opening Marilyn's imagination to dark, depressing thoughts.  
On July 13, 1962, at 1:37:04PM PDT, the transiting Sun made a novile to Marilyn's natal sun. A chart drawn up for that time, with Los Angeles as the location, will show what issues Marilyn would face for the next forty days (this type of chart is called an ennead). Saturn and the Nodes are in the foreground, and the T-Square they form with Neptune remains tight. Mars sextiles the Midheaven, and squares Venus and Uranus. Pluto inconjuncts the Saturn-South Node conjunction. Using the ennead cusps, the natal Venus-Chiron conjunction continues its approach toward the Descendant while forming a trine to the ennead Venus-Uranus conjunction.  
For her final Sidereal Lunar Return (July 18, 1962, 10:49:14PM, PDT, Los Angeles, CA), SLR Black Moon Lillith is approaching the Descendant and squaring the Midheaven. Natal Mars and Uranus surround the SLR Ascendant, indicating doom, darkness, and upheaval. Less than two weeks later, Marilyn was dead.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #18 - on: 05.08.2002 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Liza Hall

>>>Does the chart indicate murder or suicide?<<<
Uranus conjunct Mars in Pisces in the 8th: "a sudden, violent or accidental slipping into sleep." A drug overdose. Neptune, ruler of the 8th, is in the 1st, house of the self and the body. Pluto (which I would expect to be connected to death in the charts of murder victims) doesn't make any hard aspects or even soft ones (unless you count a very wide trine to Mars) to the relevant planets; this looks like an accidental, self-inflicted drug overdose to me.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #19 - on: 05.08.2002 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Liza Hall

>>>What in the chart would lead her to be voted #1 in Playboy's 100 sexiest stars of the century?<<<
Neptune rising trines Venus near the MC, and Venus-ruled Taurus is on the MC--all these describe her beauty, voluptuousness and ability to reflect whatever qualities the viewer wants to see back to them. Leo rising also adds a vibrancy and radiance to the equation.  
Add to this, Mars in Pisces in the 8th--a delicate, vulnerable, graceful sexuality; Mars in Pisces tends to radiate a "please protect me" aura that brings out tenderness in many people.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print

As one of the largest astrology portals WWW.ASTRO.COM offers a lot of free features on the subject. With high-quality horoscope interpretations by the world's leading astrologers Liz Greene, Robert Hand and other authors, many free horoscopes and extensive information on astrology for beginners and professionals, www.astro.com is the first address for astrology on the web.
Homepage - Free Horoscopes - Astrodienst Onlineshop - Astrology Knowledge - Ephemeris - Authors and Staff - My Astro - Direct Atlas query - Sitemap - FAQ - Forum - Contact Astrodienst