Uranus12Aries35'38"4n22
    Neptune5Pisces19'22"10s14
    Pluto13Capricorn4'31"20s38
    TrueNode15Libra31'33"r6s07
    Chiron13Pisces41'15"2s08
    Explanations of the symbols
    Chart of the moment
| My Astro | Forum | FAQ
Welcome as a guest in the Astrodienst forum. You can login to your Astro profile or register as a forum member.You can also remain in the guest status and navigate through this forum as a reader. 29.12.2014 at 10:16 [UT]

Forum Rules Home Help Search  
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Astro-Databank: Frida Kahlo (Read 4198 times)
Astro-Databank
Global Moderator
Astrodienst Staff
Adb editor

Astro-Databank: Frida Kahlo
« on: 10.07.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

Discussion about
Frida Kahlo, born 6 July 1907 at 08:30 AM in Coyoacan

This discussion is imported from the  comment board on the  previous astrodatabank.com website.

• Where do we find a life of extraordinary physical suffering in her chart? (No Moon afflictions, no Asc afflictions, and Chiron sits by itself)
  • Where is the pain of the great love with a philanderer?
  • Is there some connection/life lesson in these to major afflictions in her life? What would be your council if a women with such a dramatically painful life came to you?

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

re: Frida Kahlo
« Reply #1 - on: 27.09.2001 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Jack M. Walter

Frida's chart seems to jump out at me. Here we have a very dramatic, passionate woman (Leo rising, Pluto conjunct Venus) who put a lot of her emotions into her work (Moon at the Midheaven). Her Cancer stellium in the 11th house shows that she often came across to her friends as the motherly, nurturing type, and very romantic and charismatic as well (Sun/Neptune/Jupiter conjunction). But this is opposed by a Mars/Uranus conjunction in Capricorn, suggesting that she was unpredictable in her actions, and may have resented when people whom she was involved with got in the way of her plans for herself. This is not a person who can cheat on their spouse and get away with it! Saturn squaring her Pluto/Venus conjunction shows that she paid for her indiscretions, and paid dearly. Perhaps her physical problems were due to the fact that the ruler of her sixth house of health is Saturn, afflicted in the sign of Pisces (legs and feet). An amazing chart and an amazing woman!

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #2 - on: 19.10.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Rebecca Olivares

Regarding Kahlo's physical ailments: Although Chiron sits alone, it sits in the 6th house of physical health, in Aquarius (the sign of abrupt change, perversity, and unpredictability). Chiron represents how we will fulfill our cosmic duty 'destiny and why we are here'. In Kahlo's case it was through and because of her physical suffering that she would learn to paint (MC Taurus and Moon in Taurus trine the South Node in the 5th house) and impact humanity in such a way that only a person with her depth and feeling could. She's featured in my 'Humanities Through the Arts' book, which I am studying for a class I am currently taking! That provides an example of how she has made an impact in Humanity - every college student in my class has been exposed to her art, her suffering, her loneliness, her being.  
Re: her philandering activity and her husband's: Her Venus in Gemini presents a need for variety and change in love (and many friendships). And, the position of her 7th house (primary relationships) Aquarius cusp (freedom, experimental, open) at 23 degrees, trines her Venus in Gemini. I wouldn't say she was constantly pained in her affair with a philanderer, since having it any other way would not have appealed to her in the long run - it would have been considered boring. However, in those moments of deep reflection her more practical and sensitive side (Sun: Cancer, Mars: Capricorn and Moon: Taurus - all requiring stability) would have seeped through and caused her deep pain and regret. Lesson in life/council: I would have explained that each and every one of us has our calling, our special reason for being here and existing in this world. The most beautiful power in each of us is the extraordinary ability of helping others through our own trials and experience.  
I would have encouraged prayer, meditation, metaphysical or any other type of spiritual support system--though, not religion since she seems to have resented this in her mother. Her Sagittarian and Cancerian influence would have taken to the idea of 'transcendence'. It's too bad that many of the people who have left extremely valuable 'Artistic' contributions live in pain each and every single day of their lives. Although Astrology cannot 'cure' physical ailments, it can certainly teach us about who we are, why we are here, and how to deal with the pains of everyday life. It shows us some of the possible reasons these pains may exist. It teaches us how to accept pain, disadvantages, and sorrow, and how to use it to your fullest advantage.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #3 - on: 10.07.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User SATYA GOPAL KALLURI

DEAR ASTRODATABANK LIST MEMBERS:  
MY COMMENTS ARE MENTIONED BELOW IN CAPS. I AM A STUDENT OF SYSTEMS APPROACH TO VEDIC ASTROLOGY PROPOUNDED BY PROFESSOR V.K. CHOUDHRY.  
What Do You Think?  
1.Where do we find a life of extraordinary physical suffering in her chart? (No Moon afflictions, no Asc afflictions, and Chiron sits by itself)  
A) EXACT AFFLICTION BY RAHU/KETU TO THE MOST EFFECTIVE POINT OF THE EVEN NUMBERED HOUSES. IMPORTANT AFFLICTIONS ARE THAT OF THE MOOLATRIKONA SIGN OF THE MOON AND OF MERCURY.  
B) CLOSE AFFLICTION BY RAHU TO SATURN PLACED IN THE 8TH HOUSE.  
2.Where is the pain of the great love with a philanderer?  
A) EXACT AFFLICTION OF RAHU TO THE MOST EFFECTIVE POINTS OF THE 12TH AND 8TH HOUSES  
B) CLOSE AFFLICTION OF RAHU TO JUPITER, LORD OF THE 5TH HOUSE OF ROMANCE  
C) CLOSE AFFLICTION OF RAHU TO SATURN, LORD OF THE 7TH HOUSE  
D) EXACT ASPECT OF MARS FROM THE 5TH HOUSE ON THE LORD OF THE ASCENDANT, THE SUN  
3.Is there some connection/life lesson in these to major afflictions in her life? What would be your council if a women with such a dramatically painful life came to you?  
A) ADVISE HER THAT THE MALEFICS THE MOON, RAHU AND KETU WOULD TROUBLE HER HEALTH, MENTAL FRAMEWORK AS WELL AS MAKE HER DO IMMORAL ACTIVITIES  
B) INFORM HER OF THE STRENGTHENING AND REMEDIAL MEASURES AVAILABLE UNDER THE SYSTEMS APPROACH TO VEDIC ASTROLOGY. REST IS UP TO HER.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #4 - on: 10.07.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Lea Breuer

***Where do we find a life of extraordinary physical suffering in her chart? (No Moon afflictions, no Asc afflictions, and Chiron sits by itself)  
>From a traditional point of view: 1. Sun, ruler of Asc (physical body) is conjunct Neptune (weakness, sickness, illness, sensitiveness, martyrdom), and opposite a Mars/Uranus conjunction (Prone to accidents, injuries, interventions in the body - operations). In Uranian Astrology, the Sun by itself, stands for the physical body, regardless of rulership. 2. Moon is conjunct the Pleiades ("Seven Weeping sisters", something to cry about, Sorrow, unlucky, Suffering) in the 10th of public position (an icon of suffering). 3. The nodal axis (life path? life lessons?) aligns with the 6th-12th house cusps of illness, sickness and suffering, hospitalization, restriction, self undoing, drugs and alcohol, invalids, sorrows, unseen dangers, suicide... 4. Asc, Mc, all house cusps, Pluto (ruler of 4th), Kronos, are all in a Nodal degree, suggesting the role that fate played in her life. 5. Chiron (never healing wounds) is in the 6th of illness...  
Using Uranian Astrology, with the 4th harmonic chart and the 90 degree dial, with a maximal orb of 1 degree of arc, one finds in this chart:  
Aries Point (public image) = Mars/Hades (Serious sickness)= Sun/Hades (Diseased body. Deformed or mutilated body. Pursued by misfortune. Physical troubles) = Neptune/Hades (Decay) = Moon/Hades (The pitiable woman, the victim) = Hades/Vulcanus (Great danger, "the dark powers")  
Sun (physical body) = Mars = mars/Neptune (Infection or destruction of the body. The body which is susceptible to disease) = Sun/Neptune (Weak or defenseless physically) = Pluto/Hades (Deterioration of the body. Chronic disease) = Venus/Hades (Reproductive disorders. Finding oneself in a low position of dependence) = Uranus/Vulcanus (Grave danger to the body) = Moon/Neptune (Physical sensitivity) = Hades/Admetos (Negligence. Karma. Oppressed mood. The body that suffers from several lacks and has to scrape along)= Neptune/Vulcanus (Great physical delicacy) = Saturn/Hades (Serious ailment of the body. The illness develops because of inattention to health. Diets lacking the proper nutritional elements. Slow decay of the body.)  
Mc (self consciousness) = Asc (The surrounding) = Mc/Asc (vocational axis) = Hades (a professional victim. connected with ugly, dirty things and with sickness)  
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=  
***Where is the pain of the great love with a philanderer?  
>From a traditional point of view: 1. Sun (in the 11th, 5th from 7th), Mars (in the 5th) and ruler of the 7th (uranus) may stand for the husband. Sun is conjunct Neptune (deceitful husband, pain through husband). Mars (in the 5th of love affairs) is opposite Neptune (11th, 5th from 7th) and so is Uranus (ruler of 7th, in the 5th of love affairs). 2. Venus (love) is conjunct Pluto (Fanatic in love, being madly in love with one's lover , extraordinary stresses and strains in love life, abnormal sex life, but also a special artistic giftedness) and square Saturn (suffering through love, difficulties in love life, older love partner, scenes of jealousy. Love separations). This tight conjunctions is on the cusp of 11th, 5th from 7th - husband's love affairs and creativity).  
Using Cosmobiology as above one finds (with COSI as a reference):  
Uranus = Node/Saturn (Suffering through the elder relatives. Mourning, bereavement. Difficulties and inhibitions in associations or partnerships) Neptune = Aries/Node (Deceptions in relationships) Venus = Mercury/Saturn (Unstableness or instability in matters of love, the inclination towards unfaithfulness) Node = Mercury/Neptune (Relationships with liars, deceitful people) Uranus = Asc/Neptune (Suffering illness through others) Pluto = Mc/Node = Asc/Node (The misfortune of having to live or work together with others through the act of compulsion, strange or fated associations.) Saturn = Moon/Node (Disappointments through unions and associations) Node = Mc/Pluto = Asc/Pluto (The tendency to enter into unusual associations) = Mc/Venus (Deep bonds of love)= Asc/Venus (being kind to others) Moon/Neptune = Mars (Weakened natural powers in relation to sex-life. nervous troubles through unnatural practice.
[continued in next posting]

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #5 - on: 10.07.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

[continued from posting above:] by Lea Breuer
Irritability, danger of infection)= Sun (A sensitive wife - illusions and deceptions) Saturn = Aries/Venus (Love's parting)  
=-=-=-=-=-=-=  
***Is there some connection/life lesson in these to major afflictions in her life? What would be your council if a women with such a dramatically painful life came to you?  
Now, who wants to play the "Righteous Cassandra" to an extremely rebellious and self-delusive artist and icon of martyrdom with such a heavy Karma ? Does anybody think a native with such a birth chart would ask for advice or listen to it ?

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #6 - on: 10.07.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Una Chiodini

She had 29 Deg.Tar. Moon, "weeping sister deg. MC close to 26 deg. Tar. "Lose you head of it degree." Sun between Jup. & Nep. Burn up in the religious stuff. And loved it with Ven. in Pis. in the 11th also. She was like the Movie Agnes of God. I wonder if she didn't chose to create these illness. You say a bit Hard of me. Oh Well. Oh dear look how much I'm suffering. I think she also did suffer in a past life and she's just doing it again.  
I getter sign off. I'm getting morbid my self. smile. P.S. If you have the B.C. in hand why don't you give the full name????

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #7 - on: 10.07.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Pat Keeler

Using Geocentric/Tropical/Koch chart and Noel Tyl's quindecile aspect, there is much obsession here, between Pluto/will, Venus/art and Uranus/revolutionary, tenth house/career. Add to the mixture, Sun/Cancer/deep feelings opposing Mars/Capricorn/focused energy in 5th house of creativity and love affairs. Chiron/woundings, standing alone in the 6th house of health says Chiron and pain can run away with the life. 8 markings above the horizon/public life.  
Add to this a Leo ascendant and we have all the passion and trauma a life can handle. Frida is considered a revolutionary with her work.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #8 - on: 10.07.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Linda Larouche

Hello,  
First of all, I can see in her chart an heredity from the father (Sun) for alcohol and drugs (Neptune) in excess (Jupiter), in "Water" sign (Cancer).  
The health is the sixth house, (Capricorn), ruler (Saturn-bones, polio) in eight hse (Pisces-Water/Double sign: hospital, feet, suffering) square Venus/Pluto Gemini. Here is the aspect for all those troubles for her health.  
Because Venus is in relation with love, those aspects have relation with the pain of love too.  
Her interest to work in medicine: Mercury ruler of house II (source of income) in XII (hospital). Unfortunately, ruler of the hse III-IX (school, university) was stop by Venus square Saturn, March just afflicted.  
Suicide: Neptune ruler of VIII o/ Sun (ruler of the ascendant) o/ Jupiter: suicide by drug, alcohol in excess.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #9 - on: 10.07.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Lori

hi,  
I'm just a student of astrology and was surprised to read in this mailing [in question #1] that hard aspects to the moon could indicate physical suffering, of course physical suffering would affect emotions and so would injury etc, but is that where the connection comes in ?  
could someone please send an answer ? I think this is very interesting.  
thank you,

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #10 - on: 10.07.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User kathryn Stevens

I find it significant that her Taurus moon, in the 10th house is conjunct her M.C. Is her road to fame along a fixed path of deep emotion?

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #11 - on: 10.07.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Jeff Jawer, CEO-Publisher StarIQ.com

Saturn in Pisces in the 8th square Venus looks pretty good for wounds in love, particularly with Saturn as ruler of the South Node sign. (A Sun-Neptune conjunction certainly adds to the picture of vulnerability.) My advice to any client with Saturn in the 8th is to be clear about what's wanted and not wanted in a relationship. Planets not lived will be projected, particularly in houses 7 and 8.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #12 - on: 10.07.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Teresa Hamilton

If we use the equal house system, the house lords are the same in the two zodiacs; Leo rises in both charts. One reason that I long ago moved from the Tropical to the Jyotish system is that it seemed to me that the traditional tropical chart didn't show the person as well as it should have. In the Indian system the navamsa chart seems to hold the key to who the person really is. The natal chart is a somewhat blurred photo; the navamsa is a clear focus. This chart can't be computed in the tropical zodiac because the all-important navamsa signs depend on the sidereal zodiac.  
By its nature the natal chart has to be more general than the more precise sub-charts. Frida Kahlo's navamsa chart shows what we'd expect to see in the natal chart. A potent Sun is placed in the Aries (Mars-ruled) ascendant. Directly across from the Sun is Mars (in exactly the same degree as the Sun) in Libra with Pluto and Venus.  
This is a perfect picture of the catastrophic injury Frida suffered in her accident. The 7th is the pelvic area of the body, and Mars is the 8th lord (serious injury) as well as the 1st lord. These three planets in 7th also point to her many and tumultuous sexual relationships, including her marriage to Diego. Note that the sign here is Libra, the relationship sign. Since these planets aspect the ascendant and the Sun, they describe Frida herself as well. (Remember that Sidereal Libra behaves like Tropical Scorpio.)  
The navamsa chart clearly shows Frida's profoundly emotional and dramatic nature. The Moon is with Neptune in Pisces (similar to Tropical Aries) and Uranus opposes this conjunction. We don't get the same impression from the natal chart where a calm looking Moon in Taurus dominates the chart from the 10th.  
What we do get in the natal chart is a more event related picture. We see a dramatic looking picture in the 6th-12th oppositions. Yes, if we were counseling Frida, we might suggest injury and hospitalization, but we'd expect this picture to involve the ascendant itself rather than only the ascendant lord, Sun. The fact that it's the Sun that is involved in the striking Mars/Uranus opposition suggests a heavily karmic picture. All that we've been prior to this life is in the soul, symbolized by the Sun.  
In the natal chart Venus is between Pluto and Neptune, which suggest breaks, drama and intensity in relationships. But the picture is much clearer in the navamsa: Mars, Pluto and Venus in Libra in the 7th square the Moon's nodes. This picture is exaggerated by the trine of Jupiter from mutable Gemini (plurality).  
Frida's heartbreak over not having children is shown in the navamsa by Saturn in the 5th in Leo. And the 5th lord Sun receives the aspect of the Mars/Pluto/Venus conjunction. The entire navamsa is an intensely sad and dramatic chart. Frida herself jumps out at us from the navamsa. You can't miss her presence there.  
Would anyone guess from this natal chart that Frida was a tremendously gifted and dramatic painter? Let's see...well, the Moon is in Taurus, a sign of Venus. Venus is with Neptune. That sounds like it might be painting... The real clue to Frida's artistic ability is in the navamsa chart. The potent Mars/Pluto/Venus conjunction in Libra crosses to the natal 3rd, house of the arts. Natal 5th lord Jupiter (creativity and expertise) is in the navamsa 3rd and trines this conjunction. The navamsa 1st house Sun, which receives the aspect of the Libran planets, is the 5th lord. We get a very tight Venus/3rd/5th house picture (artistic expertise) in angular houses.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #13 - on: 10.07.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Sylvia Tobias

Ms. Kahlo had Sun/Neptune conjunct in Cancer opposed by Mars/Uranus conjunct in Capricorn. She also had Venus/Pluto conjunct in Gemini square Saturn in Pisces. That all sounds like extraordinary suffering to me and could lead to martyrdom and intense, difficult relationships. I am very familiar with Sun/Neptune and Venus/Pluto as I have Sun and Neptune conjunct in Virgo and Venus in Scorpio exactly square Pluto in Leo with a semi/sesquisquare to Jupiter in Gemini. I have found the Sun/Neptune conjunction has brought chronic health problems for me (although nothing serious) and relationships with men who were very domineering, including my late husband. I find it hard to get the respect I think I deserve from others and often feel invisible in a group. Venus/Pluto/Jupiter has brought an intensity to relationships as well as extreme loyalty on my part and a willingness to put up with much more than most others would put up with to maintain the relationship.  
If I had counseled her, I would have suggested she tap into the Leo and Capricorn energies and take charge of her life. Her Neptunian and Venus/Pluto energies should have been channeled primarily into her art. I would have emphasized her value and strengths and encouraged her to avoid self-pity and submission to the will of others. (Once I did that in my life, I found that others backed off from trying to dominate me.)

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #14 - on: 10.07.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Ing. Mario F. Raskovsky (Argentina)

FRIDA KAHLO nacio: 6 Julio de 1907 hs: 21:03:30 GMT Lugar: Coyoacan  
Observe que la Hora que estoy utilizando es bastante distinta en relacion a la dada por Astrodatabank. esto explicaria mejor las tres preguntas anteriores.  
ASC: 16º Escorpio Mc: 17º Leo II: 15º Sagitario III: 15º Capricornio VI: 20º Aries  
Se observa: En Casa VIII= Pluton- Venus- Neptuno- En Casa V= Saturno Cuadrado Pluton=> los abortos. Saturno en Sesquicuadratura con el ASC=>Depresion.  
Como se ve, puede que la hora sea esta y no la dada.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #15 - on: 10.07.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Anthony Louis

1. Where do we find a life of extraordinary physical suffering in her chart? (No Moon afflictions, no Asc afflictions, and Chiron sits by itself)  
The Leo Ascendant and its ruler, the Sun, signify the body. Saturn is quincunx the Ascendant from Pisces in the 8th house, suggesting a possible need for surgery and potential problems with intoxicating substances. The Sun conjoins Neptune and opposes the Mars/Uranus conjunction. This is a classical accident-prone aspect and warns of injuries due to sudden force that can lead to hospitalization. Sun conjunct Neptune is common in charts of artists, mystics, martyrs, and those with alcohol/drug problems.  
Physical suffering is often shown by Pluto, which here conjoins Venus, squares Saturn, and semi-sextiles the MC. The semi-sextile has erroneously been called a "mildly favorable" aspect, but in reality is a form of inconjunction (cf. Ptolemy) that is quite stressful and physically taxing when exact. In this chart, Pluto semi-sextile the MC suggests public recognition for her abuse and suffering.  
2. Where is the pain of the great love with a philanderer?  
Her 7th Aquarius cusp is ruled by traditional ruler Saturn and modern ruler Uranus. Saturn (her partner) lies in her 8th house sex/death and squares her Venus (love)/Pluto (intense emotion) conjunction. Hardships in her love life cause pain and suffering.  
3. Is there some connection/life lesson in these to major afflictions in her life? What would be your council if a women with such a dramatically painful life came to you?  
For a life lesson, I would look to Saturn, the Great Teacher, in Pisces in the 8th. Her suffering teachers her something about the universality of human experience and our connection to the divine.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #16 - on: 10.07.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Trish

Well the ruler of the ascendant - the Sun is very afflicted in the chart: Sun conjunct Neptune, Sun Oppose Mars (exact) and Uranus - the only really easy aspect it has is a wide conjunction to Jupiter which rules her 5th (creativity was her saving grace?). The 6th house ruler Saturn squares Pluto and Venus and resides in the 8th house. Regarding her difficulty and sorrow with the man in her life - I believe I've already answered that with the numerous afflictions to her Sun (Neptune - unreliable, deception - Uranus - unpredictable, etc. and Mars (men in her life too) also afflicted by Uranus and Neptune. Uranus is ruler of Descendent - so again afflicted by Neptune and in Opposition to ruler of Ascendant. And of course - Venus (general ruler of relationships) conjunct Pluto and squared by Saturn - some heavy, difficult lessons to learn regarding relationships. The Moon does square the ascendant and at 29 degrees Taurus conjuncts the fixed star Pleidesn (sorry I don't remember the exact spelling) which I believe means Weeping Sisters and whatever conjuncts it - the native has "something to weep about" regarding that planet/point.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #17 - on: 10.07.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Anon.

This chart has much to say on the subject of physical/spiritual suffering, but I will make just one comment: an unaspected Chiron will work its healing/havoc through its dispositor(s).

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #18 - on: 10.07.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Bettina Woolard

The Sun rules the asc (self) and it's exactly opposed by Mars (accidents, assaults, traumas, surgery(?)) and closely so by Uranus (shocks, sudden occurrences). Remember Michael J. Fox? He had that combo opposite the asc. It's a pretty good indication of trauma and mishaps. The Moon receives a sextile from Saturn. The sextile is one of the major aspects from Saturn in the Hindu system (the other one being the backward square). I think it's more likely to indicate emotional/mental depression than sudden trauma, but isn't altogether bad, as FK had to have a great deal of seriousness of purpose and stick-to-it-iveness to produce her art, and that comes from Saturn  
It would seem that one of her legs received more than its share of insult. This too is shown by the assault on the 11th from Mars/Uranus. The Sun (as well as all the other planets) in the 11th is good for success, honor, recognition, income.  
The internal reproductive organs are ruled by the 7th, and the genitals by the 8th. Both these areas were affected by the accident. Her 7th ruler is in the malefic 8th and squared by Mars ( in the Hindu system a forward square from Mars aspects the entire sign). Her 8th is inhabited by Saturn and squared by the Uranus-touched Mars and the 8th ruler, Jupiter, is opposed by Mars/Uranus. Anything to do with either of those houses is thoroughly afflicted.  
Now, about her marriage. Again, her 7th ruler is in the 8th, a malefic house, and receives a square from Mars, and of course, that brings Uranus into the picture as well. As far as how she herself relates to others, esp. lovers, spouses etc, just look at that Venus cnj. Pluto. This aspect shows up in the charts of very promiscuous people as well as some celibates. Go figure! It must be telling us that there's an all or nothing approach to sex. But what is the psychology behind it? Does the native have such a difficult time with emotional intimacy that sex becomes the lone focus of the relationship? Pluto tends to annihilate or transmute that with which it comes in contact. Was sex a way of escaping from physical and psychological pain? Very creative people also often have a strong sex drive as both creativity and sex relate to the 2nd Chakra. Her 8th (libido, life force, sexual energy) ruler is cnj the asc ruler, showing emphasis on 8th house matters. Venus is also with Neptune, and it seems that a woman who falls in love with 300 lb guy who's 20 yrs her senior must be seeing him through Neptunian glasses, indeed. Add to this the square (though not backward, the orb is fairly small) from Saturn, and you have a very difficult love life. This woman could never have had, and probably wouldn't have wanted, a harmonious marriage filled with contentment and fidelity.  
As far as giving her advice; it probably wouldn't have done any good. What would any of us do in her situation? It seems that her suffering, her creativity, and her sexuality were inextricably intertwined. Pain, accident proneness, and a degree of self destructiveness are written all over her horoscope.  
On the day of the accident Uranus was right on the cusp of her 8th house and cnj. natal Saturn. Sun and Mars opposed from the 2nd cusp. Saturn aspected Mars/Uranus ... though Jupiter was cnj them (maybe that's why she didn't die). So, Mars, Sun, and Uranus were also afflicting her already natally afflicted Venus, natural ruler of her baby-making machinery. Pluto was right on her Sun ... indicating a major life change. Neptune was cnj her asc; not that that has to do with accidents, but it does with confusion. This was an unbelievable set-up of astrological circumstances. Would we have advised her to stay home for a week or two around that time? Would she have given the world her art if we had?

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #19 - on: 10.07.2000 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Anthony Louis

More on Solar Returns:  
To continue the discussion of tropical versus sidereal solar returns, let's looks at Frida's severe auto/trolley accident on 17 Sep 1925. Her tropical SR for Mexico City that year has Uranus prominent conjunct the IC from the 3rd house side, highly symbolic of a travel accident. SR Sun exactly conjoins SR Pluto in the angular 7th house. The SR Moon, which rules her 8th house of death, opposes this Sun/Pluto conjunction, indicating a brush with death. The 8th house is packed with the three personal planets Mercury, Venus, and Mars plus transpersonal Neptune which rules her end-of-the-matter 4th in the SR chart. Mercury, Venus, and Mars conjoin in the 8th and square Saturn in Scorpio in the 11th. SR Ascendant ruler Jupiter also opposes the Sun/Pluto conjunction in the 7th. All-in-all this is an ominous chart that prefigures a significant accidental happening with the possibility of death. Fortunately, Ascendant-ruler Jupiter trines the Midheaven; otherwise, Frida Kahlo probably would have died as a result of that accident.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

As one of the largest astrology portals WWW.ASTRO.COM offers a lot of free features on the subject. With high-quality horoscope interpretations by the world's leading astrologers Liz Greene, Robert Hand and other authors, many free horoscopes and extensive information on astrology for beginners and professionals, www.astro.com is the first address for astrology on the web.
Homepage - Free Horoscopes - Astrodienst Onlineshop - Astrology Knowledge - Ephemeris - Authors and Staff - My Astro - Direct Atlas query - Sitemap - FAQ - Forum - Contact Astrodienst