Welcome as a guest in the Astrodienst forum. You can login to your Astro profile or register as a forum member.You can also remain in the guest status and navigate through this forum as a reader. 21.04.2014 at 09:00 [UT+1]

Forum Rules Home Help Search  
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Astro-Databank: Josemaria Escriva De Balaguer (Read 99 times)
Astro-Databank
Global Moderator
Astrodienst Staff
Adb editor

Astro-Databank: Josemaria Escriva De Balaguer
« on: 17.10.2002 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

Discussion about
Josemaria Escriva De Balaguer, born 9 January 1902 at 10:00 PM in Barbastro

This discussion is imported from the  comment board on the  previous astrodatabank.com website.

The pope has just declared him a saint, many others say he was a hot tempered, Catholic fundamentalist cult leader who practiced brainwashing and mortification of the flesh. This is the fastest canonization in history, which is a testament to the power of his Opus Dei (God's work) organization around the Vatican. Opus Dei is founded on the principle of offering up one's daily work in the world (and one's entire salary) to God. It has amassed quite a fortune and 84,000 adherents. This is one of the most controversial canonizations in history. The Pope seems to want to send a message about how modern professionals can live devoted to God.
  • With five planets in Capricorn it is no wonder that he named his organization "God's work". There are many other work and mortification of the flesh configurations in the chart. Let's list them.
  • Where does the devotion to God come from in his chart?
  • Why now? He has Sun, Moon, Saturn, Pluto and Uranus all at 17-18 degrees but none of them are being hit by any major planets.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

re: Josemaria Escriva De Balaguer
« Reply #1 - on: 21.10.2002 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Sam

2 and 3 -- Neptune is the planet of religious devotion, especially Christianity, which is Piscean by nature, regardless of how many little Capricorn "goats" the devotee has. With an elevate Neptune trining his Venus in intellectual Air signs, I have no doubt that he was a devote Christian, or at least, believed himself to be. Which leads directly to "why now?". Saturn stationed at 30 degrees of Gemini, on the Neptune. There was also an Aquarius full moon at 30 about two months back, conjunct a stationary Uranus and the Saint's Venus. Why not now? Although I am curious why you're interested in the 17-18 degree planets . . . perhaps something to do with the goats being triggered by the Uranus-Neptune conjuntions in 1992?

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #2 - on: 21.10.2002 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Lori Eldridge

I will only cover point 3--why now?:
The eclipse of 6-10-02 at 19Gemini54 set the scene when it landed on Balaguer's MC--the point in his chart that rules one's achievement, honor, fame, position in the world and it was also inconjunct the 5 planet conjunction in Capricorn.  
The reason the cannonization occurred now is because of the New Moon on 10-06-02 hitting the Neptune- 5 planet conjunction's Midpoint (Neptune ruling one's spirituality).
 This topic attracted me because I have been researching charts of religious leaders who have been declared false prophets/teachers in Christendom and noting patterns found therein, and I hope we can discuss this topic on AstroDataBank some day also. At first glance I don't see the same patterns in Balaguer's chat.
Lori Eldridge Astro Theology

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #3 - on: 21.10.2002 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Marc

Ohmygod--- Capricorn/Virgo Rising/Moon in Capricorn... that's Annie Lennox. What more do you need to know..

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #4 - on: 22.10.2002 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Robert Butler

Josemaria Escriva de Balaguer had a longitudinal planetary synchronization involving mercury, jupiter, venus and neptune which suggests that he was a man of active intellect. He had another synchronization involving sun, saturn, uranus and pluto which suggests that he wanted full autonomy (pluto), independence (uranus) and control (saturn) over his work. His magi super aspects were sun conjunct jupiter-a man of good fortune/success, sun parallel jupiter- a man of good fortune/success enhanced, venus trine neptune- money from spirituality or creative expression, sun parallel uranus- a man of independence/freedom-a humanitarian of sorts. He had a proximity enhancement of mercury and jupiter which highlighted the fact that he was a man of intellect and had luck as a writer. He also had a proximity enhancement of venus and neptune which revealed that he had a sincere love of spirituality. He had a sun/saturn planetary eclipse which revealed a man of intense self control, discipline and conservatism-possibly solitary. He had a sun/jupiter planetary eclipse which revealed him as a man with a generous heart with above average good fortune.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #5 - on: 22.10.2002 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Colleen Farrell

#1) "Work and mortification configurations" include the Sun partile conjunct Saturn, the Moon conjunct Saturn, pleasure-loving Venus in humanitarian Aquarius in the 6th house of work/service, self-effacing Virgo-rising, the rulers of the 6th (work)-12th (spirituality) houses conjunct ... #2) For me, his devotion to God is a bit hard to extricate from devotion to his career or position. It seems as much a devotion to the power of the (mother) Church, with his very strong 4th house and power-hungry Pluto in the 9th. With the Sun ruling his 12th, it seems that his own leadership and ability to organize influences his approach to spirituality. Also, Venus ruling the 9th trines transcendent Neptune and MC-ruling Mercury conjuncts Jupiter, strongly suggesting a career as a spiritual leader. Uranus opposite his MC may point to the unusual nature of his sanctification (how quickly it was decided).

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #6 - on: 22.10.2002 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User eduardo

Hi
One of the most important facts about escriva de balaguer and opus dei, is the very bad press they have.
It deserve to write a good research about that bad press.
Even the book cited in the sources of his birth data, "Opus Judei", is a demolishing book that try to demolishe him and his opus dei, saying that he is a jew, that all his ideas are truly jew, and in that sense, that he is not christian, and a traitor to the cristina faith.
That book say also that opus dei was accused in spain to be a sort of jewish lodge or sect.
All his bad press come from diferent and antagonistic points of view:
comunists nazis ( the "opus judei" is a nazi book ) moderate leftists, moderate right wing jesuits different catholic orders jews ( that say he was antisemitic )
This bad press, which is also reflected in the article or biography here in astrodatabank, is a very important fact or trait to be analized on his chart.
I have lots of friends who are members of opus dei, and they are very good people ( my friends ).
One of those friends is a tarot reader and seer, in Spain. ( quite appart from the cliche of powerfull members )
In some way, Opus Dei is similar to astrology and astrologers: the bad press that sorround them.
Thanks

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #7 - on: 22.10.2002 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Juanita NicFhionghuin-Gee

With Neptune in the 10th house (Capricorn again) a spiritual dimension could be seen as a necessary part of his career. North node in Scorpio would indicate at its highest ("eagle") manifestation a pull away from a materialistic Taurus past to more spiritual goals. Neptune in the 10th trine Venus in the 6th is a flowing aspect between the need for a spriritual career and seeking union through service.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #8 - on: 22.10.2002 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Bill Lindsay

1. Mortification of the flesh....if you mean passionate self-denial, then I note that among those planets in the stellium are Saturn and Jupiter, and they are all around the Aquarius point and 5th House cusp. The Sun and Moon are also among those planets, so I see that a desire to rule was not necessarily absent. I note that Uranus is deep in the 4th House, he grew up in a very restless and unpredictable home situation, so I can see a lifetime of trying to establish some kind of control over the happenstances of life(however in private he may have expressed some unusual tastes...I would not rule out unusual sexual desires). His early home life obviously contributed to his religious teachings, as does his business sense. 2. Devotion to God... As I have mentioned, Jupiter and Saturn are bound up in an unusual conjunction around the Aquarius point, and the 5th House cusp, and two other of these planets are the Sun and Moon. He may have been just as devoted to himself and a love for the public eye. He led a life of passion and self-discipline, to the extent perhaps that he sincerely believed that his way was the only way. 3. Why now?...Pluto has been approaching his Uranus for quite some time, and Saturn has been in his 10th(and on his Neptune) for quite a while...all of these planets are connected to his 10th House, and professional honors. Thank you for this interesting chart.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #9 - on: 26.10.2002 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User carmen

A very interesting chart, with so much earth and air energy, little fire (Uranus only) no water (except for the concentration of energy in the 4th house) I will comment on 1 and 2:
He is devoted to work, (Virgo rising, Capricorn Stellium)..a Saint doing "God's work" is seen in many ways-- it's striking that he has all the "Monastic" signs on his angles, with powerful Pluto in 9th house of Sag's philosophical, priestly, proselytizing house, ruled by Venus in his 6th house of work and service in Aquarius (serving humanity) again and exactly trine Neptune in 10th...the themes of work, service, self denial, self-mortification, building businesses, schools are all very Saturnian. Also the absence of water planets would tend to discourage emotional responses to his environment--he's not exactly a touchy-feely warm-fuzzy guy...
That he is controversial/eccentric is shown by Uranus exactly opposing Pluto on the 3rd/9th axis.. opposite his midheaven.
 Another reader brought up the north node in Scorpio--I agree with this assessment--his highest purpose is using other people's money and building resources in the second house of earned income, using pluto in 9th (religion) and Mars in Aq in the 5th (self-expression), with his prominent Neptune at the midheaven.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #10 - on: 31.10.2002 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Lora Brown

With so many planets in Capricorn, the disciplinarian of the Zodiac, especially in the 4th House of Home and Family, he is very well suited to his austere life and with a 10th House Saturn looming.....it cannot prevent a posthumous "delusional" and perhaps controversial elevation to Sainthood.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #11 - on: 14.12.2003 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User estebon duarte

The connection of Venus to Neptune through a trine enables a love and devotion to spirituality to find expression in the realm of work as they are in the 6th and 10th houses, and Venus has rulership over the 9th. During the time of his declared sainthood "El Padre" (interesting nickname for someone with a Capricorn Sun/Saturn conjunctions!) had postmortem transits of intensity as Pluto opposed itself while conjoining natal Uranus. The spiritual work trine of Neptune and Venus was recognized as Saturn passed over n.Neptune and Mars crossed n.Venus.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #12 - on: 26.12.2003 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Lee

It is not surprising that a man who practiced such self-aggrandizement as buying himself a title, "Marquis of Peralta", built his own marble mausoleum, and called his book, "The Way" (what happened to Jesus being "the Way"?), etc. should have 5 planets in Capricorn, indicating ambition and desire for power at any cost. The conjunction with Saturn between the Sun and Moon is an unfortunate placement, showing a cold, ruthless personality. Friendship was exploited for the sake of personal gain.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Current Planets
21-Apr-2014, 08:00 UT/GMT
Sun1Taurus8'31"
Moon17Capricorn59' 1"
Mercury25Aries44'54"
Venus16Pisces49'51"
Mars14Libra18'39"r
Jupiter13Cancer37' 3"
Saturn21Scorpio25'57"r