Welcome as a guest in the Astrodienst forum. You can login to your Astro profile or register as a forum member.You can also remain in the guest status and navigate through this forum as a reader. 24.10.2014 at 15:39 [UT+1]

Forum Rules Home Help Search  
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Astro-Databank: Virginia Woolf (Read 289 times)
Astro-Databank
Global Moderator
Astrodienst Staff
Adb editor

Astro-Databank: Virginia Woolf
« on: 23.01.2003 at 12:30 [UT] »

Discussion about
Virginia Woolf, born 25 January 1882 at 12:15 PM in London

This discussion is imported from the  comment board on the  previous astrodatabank.com website.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

re: Virginia Woolf
« Reply #1 - on: 23.01.2003 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Juanita.

I've heard V W suffered manic depression, I'd be interested to see the pointers in this chart, euphoria and despair as a pattern, hallucination and suicide. Any ideas?

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #2 - on: 23.01.2003 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Maurice

the sexual abuse is seen in Pluto in Taurus in the 12th house (on the SOuth node)... generating extreme fears of sex and consuming needs to lose control in sex at the same time.
The voices are I believe part of that stellium in the 12Th house, which puts her in a position of being vulnerable to various forms of invasion (starting from the sexual abuse). Gemeini SOuth node in the 12Th house emphasizes the "voice" effect. It was reactivated in March 1941, by the transit of Neptune squaring her Mars...(among others) Neptune/mars relate to suicide  

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #3 - on: 23.01.2003 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Luciana

The business savvy is shown by Cap Venus trine Pluto in Taurus and also by Saturn Square Sun. She wanted security to be what she wanted to. Actually, the dicotomy Aquarius/Taurus accounts for her freedom/security issues. It must have been difficult to be a woman like her in the place and time she lived.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #4 - on: 23.01.2003 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Judith Antonelli

Her 12th-house stellium indicates not only her need for solitude (a room of her own!) but also her mental health issues. The assault on her body (Taurus) through childhood sexual abuse affected the expression of her electrical mental energy (Aquarius Sun and Mercury). Gemini rising indicates a madness/genius polarity. Neptune in the 12th squaring Mercury in Aquarius would seem to indicate the possibility of mental delusion through voices. The transits at her death include Saturn approaching her Neptune (giving a sense of concrete reality to her delusions) and a New Moon in Aries (rules the head; also it is her own Moon sign). Note that she was having a Jupiter return! Not so "beneficent," eh? Jupiter expands whatever it touches, for good or for bad, so this would just exacerbate her 12th-house issues.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #5 - on: 23.01.2003 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Liza Hall

1. I would say this Moon and Mars, together with the Aquarius Sun squaring Saturn, gave her the "oomph" necessary to actually accomplish something in a time when women had so few socially acceptable outlets for their creativity and so few legal rights. As for her focus on exploring the inner lives of women--writers usually do make most of their main characters the same gender as the writer, so it's only natural that Woolf did too. Her own focus on the inner life is reflected in that massive 12th-house stellium including the Moon.
2. Four planets plus Chiron in Taurus, with one of them (Pluto) trining Venus in Capricorn, certainly makes her aware of the material realities of life--the fact that one needs money. I don't see much in the way of what I would call "business savvy," just an earthy emphasis and thus an awareness that money is required if one is to do what one wants. The massive twelfth-house emphasis--the Moon is also in the 12th using Placidus houses--suffices to explain her awareness of the need for solitude.
3. Nervous breakdowns, voices... the 12th house does relate to health, particularly mental health. Saturn conjunct Neptune in the twelfth, squaring her Aquarius Sun, makes this a fundamental part of her; Neptune in the 12th squaring Mercury casts a lifelong veil of illusion and imagination over her rational mind. During the several years preceding her death, Uranus was in Taurus in her 12th activating all of that; at her death it was joined there by Saturn and Jupiter (which can magnify bad things as well as good things). Saturn, Uranus and Jupiter were all transiting her 12th house and squaring her Mercury when she died--a 12th-house square from transiting Uranus and Jupiter could certainly intensify the voices in her head and make it hard to concentrate, while the transiting Saturn square natal Mercury is a clear symbol of writer's block.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #6 - on: 23.01.2003 at 12:30 [UT] »

>>>I've heard V W suffered manic depression, I'd be interested to see the pointers in this chart<<<
Manic depression is a complex disease. It can manifest quite differently from one person to the next--for example, in some people the moodiness is intensified with hallucinations and delusions, while for others the disease is simply intense cyclical moodiness. So, it probably has a few different astrological signatures depending on what variety of manic depression the person has.
I have the benefit of knowing a woman who has been diagnosed with manic depression and who has also given me her birth data. I won't violate her privacy by revealing anything about her birth date, but there are a few things in common between her chart and Woolf's:
1. Strong conflicts between the Sun and Moon, or between either luminary and some other powerful configuration in the chart; these conflicts are between "upbeat" energies and "heavier" energies: my friend (I'll call her E) has a Scorpio stellium including the Sun, and much of the stellium is opposite Saturn... but she also has angular Moon in Sagittarius sextile Mars/Uranus and conjunct Neptune. These are completely different energies that it is hard for one individual to integrate. Likewise, Woolf has her Sun and Mercury in Aquarius at the MC, with both square a massive 12th-house Taurus stellium involving Neptune, Saturn, etc. And she has a fiery Aries Moon whose zest and passion is almost snuffed out by that same massive stellium. How does one person live out both those energies in one lifetime? You oscillate between them, that's how.
2. What you might call excitable or volatile Moons: fire-sign Moons with major aspects to energizing planets (Woolf's sextile to Mars rising in Gemini; E's sextile to a Mars/Uranus conjunction). These Moons both look like representations of the manic phase, while the contrasting energies--massive, Saturnian/Neptunian Taurus stellium; massive Scorpio stellium opposite Saturn--look more like the depressive phase.
3. And now for the hallucinations/delusions. I think this may relate more to Mercury: Mercury is the rational, conscious mind, and a hallucination is basically the conscious manifestation of some internal delusion. John Nash, the Nobel-winning schizophrenic mathematician depicted in the movie "A Beautiful Mind," has Mercury square a 12th-house Uranus. Woolf has Mercury square 12th-house Neptune. To my knowledge, my friend E has never "heard voices" or experienced visual hallucinations; her Mercury has no stressful aspects.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #7 - on: 23.01.2003 at 12:30 [UT] »

One correction to my previous post: John Nash does not have Mercury square a 12th-house Uranus, he has a 12th-house Mercury square a 10th-house Uranus. Sorry.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #8 - on: 26.01.2003 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Radha Shenoy

More than mental illness, what I see is physical delicacy. The South Node in the ascendant (debilitated) in Taurus. The South Node indicates sensitivity. The ascendant sandwiched between two malefics with Mars in the second house and Saturn in the 12 the house, describes a neurasthenic individual suffering from bouts of ill health.
As for the madness and suicide. In VW's chart the Saturn return and seven and a half year transit of Saturn (Sadesati) occur at the same time because Saturn and Moon are conjunct--a double whammy. She had her first attack of madness in her first Saturn return. Evidently, the onset of madness was rather sudden during her second Saturn return. She might have recovered, battle scarred as many of us are after a difficult Saturn return. But she chose not to have to deal with the horror of it and took matters in her own hands.
On the other hand her brilliant mind and literary gifts are shown by the Raja Yoga (Mercury, Venus and the Sun) in the 9th house aspected by Yogakaraka Saturn and Mars. This combination of the rulers of the 1st, 2nd, 5th, 4th, 9th, 10th and 7th and (also the 12th) in the house of fame. Her fame lives on. This same combination shows a famous and highly respected father. However, Mercury is afflicted by the two malefics--Saturn and Mars. I see this as intense mental activity followed by mental exhaustion and breakdown. However what distinguished her was that when she was sane the quality of her thoughts and her capacity to express them was extraordinary. And she happened to be sane for most of her life. Let there be no mistake about that.
I agree with the writer on this forum, who said that most people write about themes that are important to them. Being a woman VW, wrote about women's issues. I think the question to ask is what combinations show a professional writer. The ruler of the 10th conjoined with the ruler of the 3rd would be one such indication. From Arudha lagna there are 3 planets in the 5th house--Mercury, Sun and Venus. The nexus of 3, 10 and 5 is complete. The raja yogas show the caliber of her writing.
About her business sense. I think it was important for the Wolves to earn a living which they did. But it was never in a money-grubbing sort of way. They took something they were good at and earned a living from it. I don't think VW would have been able to sell real estate. In fact she probably was not too good at practical things. Here I switch to the tropical zodiac. Afflicted Sun and Mercury in Aquarius. Fortunately for her, she had Leonard Woolf. The chart is probably accurate, because VW had the North Node in the 7th house indicating marriage to a foreigner. Leonard Woolf was Jewish, and for that time, the marriage might have been considered unconventional.
As for her so-called Sapphic streak, I simply think that the Bloomsbury Circle consisted of a number of intellectual, independent women who had deep friendships with other women, some of them were probably lesbians. They also had deep friendships with inte1lectual, talented men and some of them were homosexuals. I think the admiration was for the person regardless of gender and sexual preference. It may have been easier for Leonard Woolf to accept VW's relationship to Vita Sackville-West than an extramarital heterosexual liaison. But these are my views.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #9 - on: 26.01.2003 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Jane Griscti

1. With her Moon in Aries sextiled by Mars in the first house, Virginia Woolf had plenty of animus in her chart. Where is her focus on exploring the interior lives of women?
She had the Moon (mentality) in Aries (self) in the 12th House(Placidus), ruling the 3rd house of communications and thought indicating a natural emotional identification with her interior life.
The 12th also holds a stellium of 4 planets in Taurus, sign of values and personal possessions so she may have looked on her unconscious as a valuable possession about which she was naturally curious (Gemini Asc).  
With Venus, ruler of Taurus in the 9th House of publication and square the Moon she would speak publicly or publish information about her hidden emotions.
2. One of her most famous books was entitled A Room of One's Own. She writes, "A woman must have money and a room of her own if she is to write fiction." Where's the business savvy in her chart?  
Mercury, the Asc ruler, is in the 10th house of business and Jupiter and Saturn, the business planets, are in practical, earthy Taurus. Cancer, natural sign of the home is on the 2nd House of possessions, an indication she would personally value (2nd) a home of her own.  
3. Virginia had several nervous breakdowns during her lifetime. Some say she wrote to exorcise the demons. She drowned herself on March 28, 1941 when the voices returned and she found she could not concentrate enough to write. Where are the "voices" in her chart and what would bring them back in March of 1941?
Her natal chart has Neptune (fantasy) conjunct Jupiter (excess) in the 12th House of the unconcious square Mercury (thoughts) indicating excessive creative thinking. Taurus, the sign Neptune and Jupiter are in, rules the ears .. she 'heard' her voices or her thoughts.  
At her death, progressed and transit Mercury (thoughts) were in Pisces (dreams, fantasy) in the 11th House of hopes while her prog Asc was in the 3rd house of thoughts conjunct transit Asc (self) and Pluto (death). Her prog Moon was in the 1st House (self) in Gemini (thoughts) indicating an emotional period.  
As well her prog MC and Sun were in the 11th (hopes) semi-sextile natal Saturn while transit Saturn had moved to conjunct Neptune. Saturn aspects can bring on depression and possibly, in this chart, unreasonable (Neptune) fear.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #10 - on: 29.01.2003 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Southern Cross

We have rectified Virginia Woolf´s chart to 12:03 PM, since "soon after noon" is not exactly 12:15 PM. The Sun moves to the tenth house of career, and the second and eighth house cusps(Koch) move from Cancer-Capricorn to Gemini-Sagittarius. This shows her personal finances related to writing, and provides a better explanation for suicide during a Jupiter return.  
 01) 09Mar1982: Vita Sackville-West born. Neptune-Pluto 66*-67*= Asc. 02) 05May1895: death of mother. Converse Asc.= Jupiter-Chiron 47*. Chiron 183* sextile IC. Saturn 213* square IC. 03) 1897: Starts keeping diary in agitated year. Progressed MC= Mercury 318*. 04) 22Feb1904: death of father. Sun trine trNeptune 93* quincunx MC. 05) 14Dec1904: first article published in "Guardian". Uranus 269*36´= eighth Koch cusp. 06) 20Nov1906: death of brother Thoby. Converse Asc.= Moon 25*. Sun 237* opposite Pluto. 07) 10Feb1910: Dreadnought hoax. Neptune 107*= third Koch cusp. 08) 11Jan1912: marriage proposal. Converse MC= Juno 275*. Jupiter 246*-Juno-Venus= North Node and Descendant. 09) 29May1912: accepts. Sun 67*= Asc. Saturn 55* semi-sextile Moon. 10) 10Aug1912: marriage. Pluto 89*36´= second Koch cusp. 11) 08Sep1913: suicide attempt. Retro Chiron 343*= eleventh Koch cusp. 12) 18Dec1913: moves to Asham House. Mercury 246*= Descendant. 13) 26Mar1915: first book "The Voyage Out". Mars 343*= eleventh Koch cusp. 14) 01Apr1915: moved to Hogarth House. Jupiter 343*= eleventh Koch cusp. 15) 12May 1919: "Kew Gardens" published. Venus 89*= second Koch cusp. 16) 20Oct1919: "Night and Day" published. Sun 205* opposite Moon. 17) 14May1925: "Mrs. Dalloway" published. Venus 93* semi-sextile IC. 18) 02Oct1928: "Orlando" published. Venus 213* square IC. Mars 89*31´= second Koch cusp. 19) 24Oct1929: "A Room of One´s Own". Neptune 153* semi-sextile IC. 20) 13Mar1937: "The Years" published. Venus 32*= twelfth Koch cusp. 21) 13Aug1940: German Luftwaffe´s "Eagle Day". Pluto 123*= IC. 22) 28Mar1941, 11:30AM: suicide. Progressed Asc. 29* Cancer opposite Venus. Saturn 43*= Neptune. Jupiter 46*= Jupiter. Chiron 115* square Moon. 23) 21Apr1941: cremated. Uranus 55* semi-sextile Moon. Sun-Venus 32*= twelfth house cusp square trPluto 122* 24) 02Jun1962: death of Vita Sackville-West. Mars 33* square IC. 25) 13Oct1962: Albee´s "Whose Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" Jupiter 333* semi-sextile MC.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #11 - on: 29.01.2003 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Southern Cross

Correction: Vita Sackville-West was born in 1892.
 Virginia Woolf was a technically skilled(Jupiter-Chiron square) writer(Mercury), much remembered as a critic(Chiron). Her stream-of-consciousness expression of emotion(Moon) was influenced by Marcel Proust(Aries-rising and many Cancer planets), so Aries narcissism helped her overcome shyness. Woolf also agreed with Coleridge that great minds are androgynous(Aquarius), and her ruler Mercury at 18* Aquarius= US natal Moon explains the many US academic theses on her. We endorse the Jungian concept of "animus", but Mars exactly semi-sextile Pluto semi-sextile Moon also shows the sexual aggression by her half-brothers. Charming and attractive, this feminist pioneer(Aries Moon) and icon went swimming nude with the super-patriotic poet Rupert Brooke. Her secular and pacifistic values(ninth-house Capricorn Venus is dispositor of twelfth-house Taurus stellium) proved vulnerable to war, however. The feminine planets´ square between Moon and Venus makes one "indiscriminate in satisfying emotional hunger"(R. Pelletier), "vulnerable to manipulation"(ibid.), and "oversensitive to what others think about you"(Indra). In her last days, "when she realized she could not write any longer, she chose not to live"(AstroDatabank). This is supported astrologically by the progressed Asc. opposite natal Venus and the trChiron(criticism) square to her natal Moon when she died, which the contemporary feminist writer Winifred Ellerman(a.k.a. "Bryher") saw as the attacks by reviewers which contributed to her suicide.  
 The vast majority of planets in earth signs give a practical, business orientation. At the same time, the Taurus stellium in the twelfth house of dependency shows that she was less liberated financially than intellectually. Without her father, her father´s name, and her husband, she wouldn´t have enjoyed the social position she did(Sun square Saturn). Her Descendant= North Node shows the great importance of Leonard Woolf in her life, moreover. Our research on suicide backs up Alan Leo´s view it relates to Saturn-Moon aspects. On her birthday in 1940, Leonard noted a "serious mental disturbance" related to depression(SR Saturn at 25*13´Aries= natal Moon). In August of 1940, as Pluto transited her IC, the Luftwaffe strafed Rodmell in Sussex as the Woolfs were having lunch and also destroyed their London home. These were signs from abroad(ninth house) corresponding to the assault on her values(Venus in ninth) mentioned above. Jupiter transits at the time of death always indicate a "liberation", which is backed up by Woolf´s suicide note liberating her husband(Jupiter rules her seventh and eighth houses of marriage and death). We disagree that "voices" caused her suicide. Shortly before leaving Hogarth House in 1924, she stated "I´ve heard the voices of the dead here", and there is no evidence she manifested her mental health problems(Mercury quincunx Virgo Uranus) at the time. Jung and others communicated with the dead, and I Corinthians 12:10 says this is a gift of the Holy Spirit rather than an illness. On Woolf´s chart, this could be the Gemini Mars semi-sextile to Pluto(spirits).

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #12 - on: 04.08.2003 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Stephen Baxter

Even into the 21st century, people are not free from stigmatization with regard to mental health accusations, and astrologers must be sensitive to it, but I have investigated this area as many other astrologers have. My research is not exhaustive, but I feel confident with my findings. It frequently requires a combination of tendencies acting in concert to trigger the manifestation of behaviors that we associate with serious mental health suffering. Some people who show charts at risk are merely creative and imaginitive and show no signs of pathology. Many of the features that intensify psychic gifts are the same features that put a person more at risk.
Hard aspects of Neptune to the angles are a prime consideration. Much less so are hard aspects of Neptune to the Sun or Moon. Any hard aspect to Neptune from an incompatible planet or from an outer planet is no help. Hard aspects between Mercury and Uranus are a possible factor but not always present. Mercury/Neptune is under suspicion. Moon/Pluto contacts coincide with psychological therapy. They show in therapists as well as in people who seek therapy. Moon/Pluto aspects are not so inclined to produce flights from reality but, instead, emotional disturbances that yield to therapy. In progressions and transits, Moon/Pluto aspects frequently signal a visit to a therapist. They may be the path to healing and recovery.
These same aspects can coincide with giftedness, whether artistic or psychic.
The Twelfth House, when it is obviously stessed is also a factor.
Abe Lincoln's chart is an "at risk" chart that did not manifest into mental illness. His Saturn/Neptune conjunction on the MC square Mercury in Pisces in the First House was indicative of a person at risk.
Woolf's chart shows combined factors that are very visibly stressed. Saturn/Neptune from the Twelfth square Mercury, MC, and Sun is enough to trigger episodes, but she had Mercury quincunx Uranus and Pluto at the Mars/Moon midpoint. This chart shows the tendency to suffering from pathology of any kind, mental or physical.
By Solar Arc Directions, just before WWI, sa Mercury had moved to oppose Uranus. In the midst of WWI, sa Saturn was in orb of conjunction to natal Ascendant; sa Moon was in orb of conjunction to natal Pluto; sa Neptune was in orb or square to natal Uranus. This last aspect is bizarre and related to altered states of conciousness of all kinds. Before the war was over, t. Uranus would conjunct her Mercury.
At the time of her suicide, sa. Mars was square natal Pluto; sa. Pluto was square natal Moon; and transiting Saturn was conjunct natal Neptune in Twelfth. She was distressed but disinclined to trust therapy (Moon/Pluto), and she felt suffering and hopelessness (Saturn/Neptune), but she was determined to act to do something (Mars/Pluto) however drastic.
Saturn/Neptune aspects are quite difficult but often gifted. They figure with systemic suffering and pathology. They figure with any struggle to understand the nature of reality, materially, emotionally, or spiritually. They figure with inner or introverted suffering. They are frequently creative in an incomparable, legendary way.
I know a man who communicates with the dead and who is constantly aware of their presence in a manner not unlike John Edward. He has a Saturn/Neptune conjunction in the Twelfth House sextile MC. He has Moon/Pluto conjunct the MC. He has Mercury sextile Uranus.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #13 - on: 02.11.2005 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Joseph Polise

From a Vedic (sidereal) perspective:
1. Where is her focus on exploring the interior lives of women?
Virginia Woolf had the Moon at 3 Aries 07 in the 12th house. The Moon is the general significator of women in Hindu astrology and its in the house of confinement and imagination. This Moon is in the nakshatra Aswini, "the horsewoman" which lends a theme of pioneering actions and fearless exploration if emphasized. The Moon gains extra strength by its conjuction with Saturn and Jupiter also. The ruler of the Moon is Mars Rx at 5 Gemini 11 in the 2nd house of speech and writing. Furthermore, Mars is in the 3rd house as counted from the Chandra (Moon) lagna, denoting an inquisitive mind and the ability to creatively express (house 3) the women's themes. Woolf's vedic chart also contains a Saraswati Yoga giving the potential for great learning and culture as the natural benefics Jupiter, Mercury, and Venus all fall in angles counted form the Chandra lagna. Note that Mercury and Venus both fall in the 9th house of the father, and that as a child she had a mind enriching access to her father's extensive library.  
2.Where is the business savvy in Virginia Woolf's chart?  
Woolf has two wealth producing Dhana Yogas in her chart. The first is Venus , ruler of house 1, conjoining Mercury, ruler of house 2, in the a fortunate kona house, the 9th. But the combustion of Venus may weaken this particular yoga. Another lesser Dhana yoga (since it does not involve the lagna ruler) is Jupiter conj. Saturn in the 12th of imagination. This conjunction is in the nakshatra Bharani "she who bears" which carries one theme of reformation or social criticism. These qualities of course we can see in the activities and interests of the Bloomsbury group of writers and intellectuals in which Woolf and her husband played major parts. They earned money form their Hogarth Press which published some of the most radical and innvative writings of their era. Also, Mercury, ruler of house 2 is at 25 Capricorn 50, Dhanishta, "the richest one" - Woolf did earn money from her own writing as well. She published extensively.
3. Where are the voices in her chart and what would bring them back March 1941?
The Jupiter/Saturn conjunction of 1941 transited Woolf's 12th house, and this transit of Saturn over her Moon at 3 Aries 07 plunged Woolf into the Sani Sati, a 7 and half yr. period when Saturn transits the house of the natal Moon, and the house immediately preceding and succeeding it. This can coincide with a period of frustration and depression especially for those , like Woolf, already prone to such states. Again, Bharani is a nakashatra about reproduction and the hard labor of giving birth to something. Woolf most assuredly felt a great creative block at this time. Also, in ancient Vedic mythology, Bahrani was named Apabharani, or "the water that carries things away" (last novel, "The Waves") and its deity is Yama the Hindu godess of death. It was her gift and ultimately her curse to "hear voices". The natal nakshatra of her Sun 13 Capricorn 16 is Sharvana which means "to listen" .

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #14 - on: 25.11.2007 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User HAL MESHIRER

HELLO, I HAVE SATURN CONJUNCT NEPTUNE IN THE 12TH HOUSE OF MY NATAL CHART... I AM INTERESTED IN INFORMATION REGARDING THE INFLUENCE THIS PLACEMENT MIGHT HAVE. THANK YOU, HAL

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #15 - on: 25.11.2007 at 12:30 [UT] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User HAL MESHIRER

HELLO, I HAVE SATURN CONJUNCT NEPTUNE IN THE 12TH HOUSE OF MY NATAL CHART... I AM INTERESTED IN INFORMATION REGARDING THE INFLUENCE THIS PLACEMENT MIGHT HAVE. THANK YOU, HAL

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #16 - on: 02.04.2008 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Stephanie

This is an interesting commentary. Otherwise enjoyable, but I believe more research is necessary regarding Lincoln's emotional/mental experiences. I have read from various sources that Abe Lincoln would have been diagnosed with manic-depression/ bipolar disorder had he lived in our current times. He is well known for severe states of melancholy and anxiety.  
You wrote: "Abe Lincoln's chart is an "at risk" chart that did not manifest into mental illness. His Saturn/Neptune conjunction on the MC square Mercury in Pisces in the First House was indicative of a person at risk."  
I do believe he suffered deeply mentally and emotionally, and I also believe that further research would reveal his condition as a diagnosable "mental illness".

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

As one of the largest astrology portals WWW.ASTRO.COM offers a lot of free features on the subject. With high-quality horoscope interpretations by the world's leading astrologers Liz Greene, Robert Hand and other authors, many free horoscopes and extensive information on astrology for beginners and professionals, www.astro.com is the first address for astrology on the web.
Homepage - Free Horoscopes - Astrodienst Onlineshop - Astrology Knowledge - Ephemeris - Authors and Staff - My Astro - Direct Atlas query - Sitemap - FAQ - Forum - Contact Astrodienst