Welcome as a guest in the Astrodienst forum. You can login to your Astro profile or register as a forum member.You can also remain in the guest status and navigate through this forum as a reader. 27.08.2014 at 19:55 [UT+1]

Forum Rules Home Help Search  
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Astro-Databank: Salvador Dali (Read 1438 times)
Astro-Databank
Global Moderator
Astrodienst Staff
Adb editor

Astro-Databank: Salvador Dali
« on: 10.08.2006 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

Discussion about
Salvador Dali, born 11 May 1904 at 08:45 AM in Figueras

This discussion is imported from the  comment board on the  previous astrodatabank.com website.

For this week's feature, we'd like to offer a respite from these heated times and delve into another sphere for a look at a renowned artist, Salvatore Dali. He said of himself: "I wanted to save modern art from its chaos and laziness and I succeeded." Dali was a self-described "enchanter." According to James Thrall Soby, the artist portrayed "the unreal world with such extreme realism that its truth and validity could no longer be questioned" (from "Salvador Dali, Pioneer Surrealist, Dies at 84," by John Russell, New York Times, January 24, 1989, p. A1).  
Dali's life events, his personality and his works provide us with a fascinating study; let's see if we can identify in his chart some of what made him an eccentric but brilliant legend.
  • All of Dali's planets except Uranus are in the Southern hemisphere. What does this hemispheric emphasis tell us about him? What can we glean from the placement of Uranus, a Northern hemisphere singleton?
  • Where in the chart do you see his fascination with symbols, talismans and dreamlike images, his belief that he was the reincarnation of his dead brother, his remembrance of his birth? Where is the showman with the horn-like mustache who could entertain and sometimes offend with his antics and outrageous statements?
  • Where in the chart might we see his deteriorating emotional stability or the physical debilities he suffered from palsy, dementia or the horrific burns he sustained?

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

re: Salvador Dali
« Reply #1 - on: 10.08.2006 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Jotown

<b>1.) </b> " All of Dali's planets except Uranus are in the Southern hemisphere. What does this hemispheric emphasis tell us about him? What can we glean from the placement of Uranus, a Northern hemisphere singleton? "
The Southern Hemispheric emphasis shows that he was a man very swept up in the zeitgeist of the time he lived in. He was someone very tuned into the generational and collective energies (whether he was aware of this or not).  
The Moon conjunct the MC further emphasizes this theme of being one chosen to express the collective angst.
Uranus as singleton in hemisphere shows his eccentric and electric personality as well as his obsession with his work (6th house). A singleton in hemisphere can sometimes run away with a chart. That it is in the south also shows his burning personal need to be unique and special.
<b>2.) </b> " Where in the chart do you see his fascination with symbols, talismans and dreamlike images, his belief that he was the reincarnation of his dead brother, his remembrance of his birth? Where is the showman with the horn-like mustache who could entertain and sometimes offend with his antics and outrageous statements? "
His chart is in a Bowl pattern and it is bounded by the T-Square that has a Uranus/Neptune opposition with the Moon conjunct the MC as focal planet. Uranus rules Archetypes and it is in Sagittarius opposite Neptune in the 12th house. This would show the fascination with symbols and dreamlike images (Uranus) archetypes and (Neptune in the 12th house) dream like images.  
The focal Moon conjunct the MC and in aspect to both edges of the rim of the bowl helps him remember (Moon) these 12th house issues (Neptune in the 12th house). Venus in Taurus is the final dispositor of this chart and it is in sextile to Neptune and trine Uranus. This is how he was able to bring his abstract expression into form (Taurus) and make them art (Venus)
Jupiter in Aries in the 10th house is the showman and singleton Uranus in Sag is the outrageous antics and out of control behavior.
<b>3.) </b> " Where in the chart might we see his deteriorating emotional stability or the physical debilities he suffered from palsy, dementia or the horrific burns he sustained? "
His Moon in Aries in the T-Square with Uranus and Neptune definitely puts a lot of stress on ones emotions. Neptune contributing to the deterioration and Uranus making the Moon and emotions too electric (Both are in fire).  
He also has a septile to the Moon from both Mercury and Mars; this could have something to do with the dementia as well.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #2 - on: 10.08.2006 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Stands Pat with Full House

We can see immediately a T-square involving Neptune/Moon/Uranus. This is not just any T-square due to the conjunction of Moon to MC. Both Moon and MC form a T-squares, which highlights the T-squares and the planets involved with it. This formation could easily dominate the chart, but we also find Mars at the midpoint of Asc/MC, and Mars carries with it a very important Sun stellium. This stellium is well delineated by being square to Saturn.
There is no reason to wonder which of these configurations will be dominant, they are both more dominant that most other chart features (I do not consider a hemispherical prominance to be a dominant feature). It is a blessing when the chart reveals so much so quickly; most do not.
Among the midpoint pictures, those that contain both Ascendant and MC are of utmost importance. The Ascendant squares the Venus/MC midpoint, so we find, not surprisingly, Venus with both Ascendant and MC in a single planetary picture. I have stated before that this development qualifies Venus as a co-ruler with any other chart ruler that may have been determined by more conventional means, Moon for instance. Most astrologers would give chart rulership to the Moon because Moon rules the ascending sign, Cancer. In this case, Moon is further emphasized! But I contend that Mars is a co-ruler by benefit of being at the Asc/MC midpoint and Venus in co-ruler because Venus/MC squares Ascendant (a cosmobiological "picture").
The reason I look for chart rulership is that I am looking for a Big Clue that sets me on the path at an early stage of analysis. I assume that is why others bother with finding a chart ruler.
The Neptune/Moon-MC/Uranus T-square show a bizarre nature stemming from a bizarre upbringing. He will spend his life dealing with imprint from childhood. It is a wonder he was not insane. Highly imaginative, he would also suffer delusions and nightmares. He would live a difficult and chaotic life. He might be flaky and superstitious. His family is a toxic family that cannot serve as a foundation or support. Yet his whole life might be dominated by this, not just his childhood.
With Asc/MC=Mars he is either a sportsman or activist. In either case, he is aggressive and might be violent. The Mars/Sun stellium squared to Saturn suggests a difficult life with many obstacles. He is controversial. He is productive only in spurts. His mind is burdened by neurotic preoccupations; he cannot admit defeat in any dispute. He is deeply defensive, and some might consider him an offensive jerk. In fact, he might be sadistic.
The Venus/MC-square-Ascendant picture which brings Venus forward--Venus in Taurus no less--speaks of his artistic focus. Venus rules Sun and a stellium as further emphasis. He hates a bad atomosphere and wishes for more ease in his life.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #3 - on: 10.08.2006 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User carol

One of the main impressions I get from this chart is that his main purpose in life was to just be safe, secure, and relax and enjoy the simple physical pleasures and comforts of existence (Sun and many other personal planets in Taurus). But this basic drive was constantly being challenged and interfered with by his feeling that it wasn't acceptable (Saturn in partile Square to his Sun), that he had an obligation, indeed a test (Saturn), to prove himself to be different, unique, rebellious (Saturn in Aquarius), and this constant conflict seems to have been very burdensome and deeply wounding (Saturn in the 8th).  
Also, it seems his natural feelings/emotions were under constant pressure to change, be different (Moon is the focal point of a T-Square involving Uranus), and this constant pressure to meet the ideal (Neptune Square Moon in the T-square) perhaps made him feel that he was in danger of losing his true emotional self (again, Neptune Square Moon).  
It's interesting that his biography states that his teachers found him impossible to deal with, but his parents "encouraged his attention-seeking behavior". I have a feeling his naturally wild, child self would have felt more safe and comfortable (Taurus) with more traditional, firm-but-fair discipline and structure from his parents. Anyway, the potential for tension and high anxiety seems to have been great; no wonder he came across as a little high strung!

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #4 - on: 10.08.2006 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

Venus is trine Uranus as it sextiles Neptune. A romantic with artistic potential ("unusual tastes in all things"--Seymour-Smith Ve/Ur.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #5 - on: 10.08.2006 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User lucia

Dali was a man of excessive obsessions that crushed his spirit, when his wild, wild Aries moon on the ingress/9th house longed to be shot from cannons, exploding into space way above earthly problems. He obsessed over his art, (was it sh-t?, 3rdVirgo/Pisces8th,(NN&SN), he was a natural craftsman, in need to create PERFECT. Jupiter in Aries doesn't rest untill he's made something that others can't and haven't thought of. This goes with the 11hs. sun that want's attention, but with the driving taurus conjunction he's willing to wait in private untill absolute perfection is realized. Venus in early Taurus is in devine reception, very powerful, with an inner glow that attracts.
Dali obsesses about his skeleton, (mars square saturn), obsesses over his mental state, believe he's being attacked by others thoughts, (cancer/Neptune in last/hs... mars/mercury square saturn), and his sun wants to drive it all off. Not an easy person to live with. he turns friends into servants and servants into friends, (the nodes)  
Dali wants to be admired from a distance and then go home to obsess, (cancer AC). He needs plenty of time alone and doesn't like being interupted, (****taurus). Desires the BIG grand opening for a great desplay. (10/11hs cluster) Saturn square sun/mars/mercury says I am working against time(saturn the time keeper) Dali desires the heady outer space aries ingress moon and it's space age abilities to worp time. He longs to be released, once his hard work is done. A painful, though productive taurus life.
 (11/hs/taurus/sun/conq./mercury/mars square saturn/aquarius/7th/8th hs)

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #6 - on: 10.08.2006 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User M

Always am fascinated when the ruling planet is the apex of a t-square and in this case to boot exactly conjunct the midheaven...
Cancer rising, sensitive, possesive, interalizing and shy by nature...yet in Aries on the midheaven in the first decante of the zodiac...shows a very contrasting nature, one who is head first and pioneering, yet because of he moon and cancer, the natural cardinal square between the two causes something of a clash between brash and independent and emotional attached and water...
The moon, ruling the chart, is the apex of a t-square between Uranus in Sagittarius out of sign but well within orb and Neptune in Cancer, causes a very complex feeling for the moon at such disharmony with outer planets, probably making him feel a fish out of water in the generation, as both are generational planets...
The stellium in Taurus gave the abundant hair and rather protruding eyes...
The Sun/Mercury/Mars conjunction in Algol gave him the horrible feelings of reincarnation, as Mercury, rules the 12th house of the previous past lifetime and the third house of the brother, the sun rules the 2nd house of possesions and mars rules both the fith house of sexual enjoyment and 10th house of career and mother...we find a very twisted and distorted psyche that made him feel perhaps even correctly that he was his brother back again and such painful rememberances of the past life stiched so close to the present ones birth affected his relationship with material possesions (his brothers toys become his), his relationship with his siblings (third house rules dead brother), pleasure and sex (he was insatiable and uncomfotorable sexually) and professional standing (he was often misunderstood and criticized in his professional life)...
Normally I place the in the man's chart the 10th house ruler as the mother with the 4th as the father, however, in this case, we see the beloved mother who died earth, as being ruled by Venus in rulership and well aspected in Taurus, with the great and beneficial star Spica on the cusp of the fourth house with the 10th house ruler Mars, in detriment, combust and with Algol...it was his fathe who longed for him to be his predecased brother and who marred Dali's image of marriage by marrying his mother's sisters...the placement of the mother at the 4th and father at 10th, again disrupts astrologer attempts to cosign a particular parent to a particular house...some say mother at 4th, others reverse, some say it depends on gender of child, personally, i think the 4th is the parent where u find comfort and the 10th where u find test and challenge....Note the exact square between the Sun (self) and saturn (father, displaying his detatchment from his father...
The long marriage, is shown by the 7th house ruler, Saturn, in Aquarius, in rulership, well aspected by Jupiter and Pluto..
The square between Saturn and Mars, shows the problem with stop and go, notice that Mars is in detriment and Saturn in rulership, which is why Dali was more cautions and skeptical then agressive and foward moving..
Mercury squaring Saturn shows the paranoida, depression and mental somberness...
The obsession with the supernatural, talisman and dreams but the crippling fear of sight unseen is shown by the close t-square chart ruler moon squaring Neptune, in the 12th house with Uranus in square as well making it that more bizarre...
I have the chart ruler at the apex of a t-square as well albeit with Neptune and Venus and I must tell u ill be shocked that anyone who has a t-square involving, either Neptune, Uranus, Saturn and Pluto as not having irregularities in terms of either fears, desires, phobias, etc..

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #7 - on: 10.08.2006 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User lucua

Dali with cancer rising and virgo NN,SN pisces,3rd&8th hs. placements is concerned with elimination, not only physical, NN/trine/SN/sextile, with very physical taurus/sun/conq.mars/mercury but also elimating death. Dali sought permanence through his art(pyramid; age of taurus)leaving a legecy, he worked so not to die. his 3rd house thought may live on in his 11 hs. gift to humanity.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #8 - on: 11.08.2006 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User lucia

Dali's life task was reconsiling his sun cluster/ mercury/mars with the true saturn/aquarius square.
Exaulted, Aquarius/saturn fixed air is very strong and intellectually active, mental, objective, looks at reality with cool non-emotion. It loves abstract reasoning, pure science, mathamatics. Taurus is emotional, bound to the material physical.  
The reconciliation is seen in his art that bends reality. Surrealism is synonmous with Dali. He took the mental demands of saturn/aquarus and invented a reality of the mind, super-real, extra-real his paintings also show the dreamlike quality of 12/hs/neptune square moon on the Aries ingress. Dali, Taurus, stands on earth and looks up to the sky, the moon isn't visible but all the effects of light and shadow, the blue dome sky, and the attributes of mans life, melting clocks, want us to believe in the unreality of time. You stand with him and wonder is it dawn, dusk, a moon lit night....with no moon?

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #9 - on: 12.08.2006 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Artes Perditae

'It does not matter if the audience knows whether I am joking or not, just as it does not matter if I myself know whether I am joking or not'
 Dali I.E. He is always joking, and always serious. And unfortunately the biography given failed to consider that aspect of the great Dali. A confirmed prankster and inveterate joker, and also a man more than just capable of precise reasoning, but a man who excelled at it. But Where's the fun in that? On to the Astrology- Jotown and Stands Pat gave much information that I will not repeat but for further effect. As usual, as my pokings on this site have seen. I will come out with this chart, it is too tantalizing to remain silent. For aspects overlooked, we have the mercury-uranus bi-quintile; an aspect I will show to be more conditioning than its mere presence. The moon-mercury septile (mars is out of orb) noted by jotown is also almost too perfect, but I don't see how it could relate to his dementia; it is an expoitive, energetic, and subtle combination indicating a quick grasp of ephemeral and nuanced possibilities, and eccentuates the givens in merc-uranus-- But then again, it does share a midpoint with saturn/neptune, which is very close to the midpoint of sun/moon- more about this in a moment. There is also a bi-quintile between saturn and node, a quintile from saturn to vertex, and a tri-septile between neptune and vertex: A man deeply and intuitively suspicious of other peoples affect on him (furthering the sun saturn square), a fool spotter with a quick eye, and yet someone who will compulsively and willingly attract artistic concerns to himself without effort. The mentioned squares colour this perfectly. And note that venus is just in orb of a quintile with saturn, the uranus node square on the midpoints- this could easily derange the sexuality of a young man, especially with a venus-pluto semi-square. I will contend that moon-saturn plays a role here to.
 I have developed a system for discovering the most important planetary pictures in a chart, and it seems to work very well alongside determining important planets- Already well pointed out by Stands Pat. It involves shared midpoints to the axis of both asc/mc and sun/moon- Sun/Moon- Ab Intra: inviolable unconscious stirrings, fascinations and curiosities that have their origins 'within'. Asc/Mc- Ab Extra: The previous as it is followed and striven for in the world: A planetary expression of 'the means of striving'. Its mode of expression. Planets at or applying to these junctures are well known to be important. But perhaps equally important are the planetary pictures of planets that share or apply to the midpoints of these as well. For instance sun/moon = merc/uranus. Dali's Ab Intra- Sun/moon = ven/jup, orb 37' separating. mars/node, 1 degree 18' separating; probably wide. and sat/nep, one degree applying. 8H to the sun/moon are moon/saturn, orb 20' applying- being almost three degrees applied directly but a background influence because it is the moon (and it further delineates his youthful reticence). Merc/uranus, orb 6' applying, and thus almost as close as ven/jup. I would place the strongest as merc/uranus, because both planets are in aspect with the sun and the moon. Followed by ven/jup and then the soulful and easily sickened asceticism of sat/Nep. I will quote Seymour-Smith, but it works just as well with Ebertins portraits too. Mercury-Uranus: Original;curious;extreme;nervous;can be irratating to all;intuitive;bizarre humour;ironic;strange. Venus-Jupiter:Extravagant;over-indulgent of self and others;charming;intelligent;often slow but can be sure. Saturn-Neptune:Introspective suffering;treachery;creative;stern analyst of dreams and fantasies;weak;sick person;neuroasthenic;Slow degeneration of everything;ruin;courage;a peculiar person;poetic;A difficult life. And there is a planet applying to the sun/moon midpoint, be it at the 16th harmonic: Neptune, orb 11' applying. Its equivalent direct being just less than three degrees. I would take that to mean that the above planetary portraits are expressed in a neptunian fashion. Dali's Ab Extra-Asc/Mc= Only Venus/Pluto, separating, orb 41'. And of course Mars applies to the midpoint here. A volitile combination that had to be sublimated via his art, but not completely, as the voyeur indicates. Seymoyr-Smith again- 'Lascivious daydreams;will happily be 'immoral';wants to be a love transformer;may search for sexual experience in the gutters of life;Fated love;this aspect has to function or the native will be a cripple, but it can be sublimated so that the sexual side is completely subsumed'.
 And if we take Dali's sun/moon planet=neptune. And his Asc/Mc=Mars.
[continued in next posting]

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #10 - on: 12.08.2006 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

[continued from posting above:] by Artes Perditae
We get, quoting Swymour-Smith again: Mars-Neptune=May be alcoholic or drug taker;Very dramatic/histrionic;lies like truth;actor;surrounds self with aura of mystery;poetic;suffers nightmares when waking and sleeping;enigmatic;confused but often inspired. I have found this system, original only in its application (Or at least I've not heard of it used this way)to be impeccable in delineating the motivational factors of charts. And these midpoints are very susceptible to transits, as is known. Feel free to email any questions.  

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #11 - on: 12.08.2006 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Lilli

Sun, Mercury, and Mars conjunct Algol make for a peculiar mind and sexuality. A shocking man, like the Gorgon's head. Venus in Taurus sextile Neptune in Cancer and trine Uranus in late Sagittarius make for love of dreams and imagination. Uranus opp. Neptune shows he went to extremes of fantasy.
Saturn square Taurus stellium--makes two malefics afflicting the sun, so his vitality was bound to suffer eventually. Mercury afflicted by two malefics makes for a mind that might not be sane for very long. Also, his nervous system would be afflicted by the malefics, in keeping with the Parkinson's disease. Note that Pope John Paul II had Parkinson's also, and Sun conjunct Algol.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #12 - on: 12.08.2006 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User sandstone

nice to see some folks talking astrology! i visited some other threads and that wasn't the case.
i was doing an experiment just recently looking at charts without knowing anything about the person the chart belonged to, trying to get an idea if i could gain something without knowing who it was or anything about them .. it's an interesting experiment.
dali has neptune/uranus opp with all the planets contained within this opposition (bowl chart) and the moon ruler of his ascendant at the midpoint of this opposition. that is the first astro signature that stands out for me... the next is the sun/mercury/mars conj squared by saturn with 4 planets in taurus. after this i notice neptune making aspects to both sun and moon along with venus ruler of the taurus planets... neptune is quite significant in this chart and the semi abstract dreamlike images i associate with his paintings is making sense here astrologically..
as for uranus sole planet in the north, he probably thought of himself as an eccentric or oddball with a unique ideology? (uranus in sag) who was going to do his own thing and break with traditions or, bring some older forgotten traditions and ideology to the fore in his life through art... saturn in aquarius has affinity with this uranus and helped him achieve these objectives more readily. saturn is also in culminating square to sun which i always associate with recognition and achievement. however with him having it (saturn) in the 8th suggests difficulty, perhaps the palsy, dementia and etc being connected to this. i don't know much about him, regarding his financial status while living, but this makes me wonder. probably good with all those taurus planets.
neptune/uranus combo (outer planets in the bowl chart) is known for mystical, occult type matters, or some otherworldly type focus. that the moon is square to it suggests his early childhood was coloured by this type of energy. the moon is applying to neptune in the 12th so the basis for some of his beliefs- reincarnation of his dead brother, remembrance of his birth (and etc?) fits with this... at the same time the focus in taurus would have wanted something tangible to hold up and hang onto, so perhaps a 3d painting was a good spot to focus on, using the canvas as his outlet for any outlandish ideas he could have pondered in his (probably) strong dream life..
saturn in aquarius has to do something somewhat unorthodox and it is in a position to get something done in this chart. the angst (squares to sun/mercury/mars in taurus) is going to drive him to do something meaningful... i don't know how he viewed his life but his works have had a major impact on many folks especially artists...venus is strong in taurus.  
keith jarrett the well known jazz/classical improviser/composer has this same sun/moon combo which i also associate with 12th house type focus.. balsamic moon gives a strong active imagination.
mercury biquintile uranus- talent with unusual ideas.. venus(taurus) quintile (wide- 2 degree) saturn(aquarius) shows a talent for making unorthodox artistic statements..

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #13 - on: 12.08.2006 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

Artes Perditae - i notice you quoting seymour smith... stands pat has also quoted him in the past... can you recommend any books by him other then 'the new astrologer'? i read this recently and while he had some good ideas, some of it i found a bit opinionated and crank like..  
as for your comment- (i am reading others comments now) about the two important planetary pictures, i have a question for you... why do you consider the asc/mid more relevant then the dec/mid as an example?? how do you base this idea of it being one of the two most important midpoints in the chart (i infer this from your most important planetary picture comments)? i think seymour smith also said something similiar.. i question it so i am curious to know your thoughts or others thougts on this.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #14 - on: 13.08.2006 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Artes Perditae

Sandstone: Seymour-Smith is very opiniated, but I would never consider him 'crank-like'. He was (is? does anyone know? I can't find him on the internet.) very 'un-new age', though he often paid homage to anyone who had interesting or original ideas even if they were a bit untraditional ala Hankar. He spoke very highly of such luminaries as Hand, Addey, Carter, and, a bit controversially, of Dean, and others. The New Astrologer is all I know of his work in the field, his usual job being a literary reviewer for the London Financial Times. I learned from the said book, sadly out of print, and am thankful I discovered the art when I did so as not to have to rely on, say, Parkers Astrology, which treats the novice as a dolt and seeks, knowingly or otherwise, to bind them into the simplicities of the Barnum effect and spend their money along barkered lines. Many will take offense to these words, but I take this too seriously to keep quiet. Caveat Emptor- As good as the book is, there are glaring editorial mistakes within. Now it seems like a right of passage to notice them.
 As for your question concerning the descendent and Ic, any midpoint applying the the asc/Mc will also apply to the Asc/Ic or Desc/Mc et.al. You are correct to point out that S-Smith considered aspects to the Ic and Desc (and anti-vertex) equally as important. They are. The Ic bi-quintile to my sun and venus would be missed by almost all astrologers, with mercury applying to the midpoint, trined by jupiter, the latter in septiles to the sun,venus and the moon, merc quintiling both uranus and pluto... They would otherwise fail to see that my extraverted poise is but the theatrical sum of a person most at home with the possibilities of 'alonedom', where all extenuating inspirations take root. A very good book quoting very good sources. And an excellent introduction to harmonics as well.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #15 - on: 13.08.2006 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

artes- thanks for your comments.. i agree 'the new astrologer' is a worthwhile read with some good insights. in most cases since the midheaven is not exactly 90 to the ascendant/descendant, one will get a different midpoint for asc/m then they will for des/m... i wanted to draw attention to this and ask why one should be emphasized more then any other... it sounds like you don't think one should, but then you will end up with 2 midpoints off the above points instead of one.. something to consider.  
i think individuals might be drawn to certain quadrants more then others... with dali i think the midpoint to the asc/dec axis would be significant especially if it was transited or had a progression to it...this would be 22 aries/libra... i still maintain the midpoint between the outer planets (nep/ur) in his bowl chart would be more important.. this is where his moon is..
i think using midpoints for prediction or trying to understand certain events is a worthwhile activity... using them for character analysis is probably a good idea too especially if some are more highlighted... jotown and i had talked about michael munkaseys system of midpoint wieghed analysis which comes with the program i use- solarfire. the interesting thing about that is what one considers a valid point in a chart will change the mwa results.. for example some use chiron, some don't... you will get a different result depending on what you include.. if one includes chiron one gets node/uranus midpoint as having the most hits in wieghed order..  
the 25th harmonic chart has most alignment with this chart as well... i am not sure what that means as i don't know what the 25th harmonic implies, but i suppose if planets are transiting/progressing and in this harmonic relationship with planets in the natal chart they would probably be worthwhile to consider if for no other reason that this harmonic is strong with this chart. any thoughts from anyone on this??

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #16 - on: 13.08.2006 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User cugnolsastrals

Paula, please clear this "died at the age of 21 months, nine months and ten days before Salvador's birth"
there is a confusion arising from that pharagraph: 21 months, 9 months and 10 days
I would like to do a sinastry to the date when his brother was dead

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #17 - on: 13.08.2006 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Lillli

http://biblia.com/jesusart/posters3.htm http://www.ellensplace.net/dali.html
You all go check out those two links to see some awesome paintings by Dali--Jesus on the Cross, and the Last Supper. Very geometric, in keeping with the meaning of Taurus, as 3=D Venusian expressions. I got these from Ms. Cayce.
Jupiter in tenth house gave Dali fame and success in career. Moon in Aries conjunct MC gave fame.

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #18 - on: 13.08.2006 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

reply by Astrodatabank Web User Jotown

<b>cugnolsastrals wrote: </b> "please clear this "died at the age of 21 months, nine months and ten days before Salvador's birth""
This would mean that his brother was born 30 months and ten days before Salvador was born; or November 1 1901. And yes there should have been a semi-colon there instead of a comma.
Even more interesting as his brother died right at the time that Dali was concieved (if he was carried to term.)

IP Logged
Adb web user
Ex Member

« Reply #19 - on: 14.08.2006 at 13:30 [UT+1] »

Martin Seymour-Smith (1928-1998)

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Current Planets
27-Aug-2014, 18:55 UT/GMT